/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #218

WHERES 3.0 CHRIS edition
ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage
pastebin.com/Sbd5bPbH
>FAQs
pastebin.com/zS3Nv5Ru

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16199-Consolidated-Outland-Pioneer-Presale
twitter.com/dsmart
robertsspaceindustries.com/media/of1es6gu4pa4ir/source/Alderin-Landed-Snow-Shot.jpg
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0999pz6
robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-matrix
imgur.com/gallery/v0wgF
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16205-The-Shipyard-Variants-And-Modules
youtube.com/watch?v=y6sXlLIW_jI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16199-Consolidated-Outland-Pioneer-Presale
>no info about it apart from "it builds bases somehow"
>but buy now for only $750 and you even get a set of building materials! Only during the pre-sale!

We getting some more planet reveals at CitCon?

>free
what?

I've jokingly suggested that they add a fedora to the clothing selection before, this is even worse.

You get a physical brochure with it when you buy one apparently.

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Sean Murray is fun

First for hexagons and wires
Bets are on for Star Citizen 3.0 coming out before Elite Dangerous 3.0
Awaiting the typical angry posting, people claiming space, garbage games and trash people are fun, Goon/Derek Posting and cultists crying wolf at every touch of criticism. Did I miss anything?
LETS DO THIS.

>That LoD

Is this CIG HQ?

So how big is this thing?

Between 48KB and 58KB it seems, how big are the .jpgs usually?

About this big

Ha.
Seems pretty fucking big then.

Elite Dangerous is 42% off for the whole game at the moment, $34.79US. Just in time for CitizenCON!

Assuming the Ursa is ~7,5m long the front is like 100m wide, which would make it more or less 300m long based on the top-down shot.

Doesn't seem to have any armaments or turrets.

>You gained brouzouf
>You gained brouzouf
>My legs are OK
>You gained brouzouf

It does in this
but not anywhere near enough to defend itself

I do wonder if all the idiots jumping on this sale right now ever stop to think for a minute about what they need a base for.

Who's that?

No idea.

Only took them 5 years to start selling bases.
Next year; moons.

It does, ship is huge, turrets are small.

How would you design a high fidelity base building minigame?

I wouldn't, it would magically appear.
Hire me CIG, I can solve all your time and fidelity issues.

So now CIG is moving into the land deed and real estate business, like Richard Garriott's disappointing Shroud of the Avatar project.

Too bad we can't modify ships. Imagine that being a defenseless carrier.

looks like straight from homeworld

>people paying $750 for a flying base
>don't realize ben is hard at work coming up with 6 $150 modules to be sold at a later date, invalidating your purchase

How can Ben continue to design ships when he has no idea what they look like?

What went wrong?

twitter.com/dsmart

It's worked out well for CIG so far.

Inb4
>smuggler module
>refinery module
>munitions factory module

dude modular rooms LMAO

I've got a Citizencon ticket, the venue is literally around the corner.
Still unsure if I should go. When I bought it I thought I'd get a typical evening-long presentation and then I go home. Then it turns out the whole thing will take half a day, and then CR says there will be no Squadron 42. Also I got really fucking jaded about the whole thing in the past month or so, when 3.0 doesn't even look like it'll be ready before 2018. Got to really hate this game's fucking fanbase, too. Having to endure 7+ hours among these mouth breathers while listening to Dave Haddock talk about some alien races that won't be in the game before 2025 sounds like a nightmare to me.
Should I still go? I'm ready to just accept that I wasted the money.

I'm going as well.

Any medical practicioner able to diagnose this?

He's gone mad.

The original face of functional autism.

Not to mention it sounds like the presentations are from an in-universe perspective. So if you thought the Gamescom RP was bad, get ready for more but without any gameplay to drown out the cringe with. For instance I'm betting that instead of playing a cinematic, they're going to have an actor who looks like Silas Koerner come on stage and present the Pioneer.

Probably better to go for the keynote part and read up on some summaries of the presentations later. That way you get all the useful information without sitting through all the bullshit.

3.0 release date??

Literally who? I googled and found nothing.

I still have no idea. I saw the guy for the first time today when I opened concierge autismo spectrum. The only thing he does is keep sperging out about how they "have no additional details to provide" and how much jay peggs they've sold at a ridiculous price.

My thoughts exactly.
and I have nothing against that, I was kind of hoping they would. For it to be a colony ship is so fitting I could almost believe it was intentional

Seems like he's just an obnoxious moderator.

This makes me want it more.

So the Pioneer is both a colony ship and a construction ship? If it's a colony ship, I wonder how good it will be at exploration (since it's in the name). Since colony ships in fiction usually need to find an ideal habitat to settle on and sometimes don't have a destination when they depart on their voyage. Since it's a colony ship, I wonder how many people can live on it and how much cargo it can store.

Your thoughts?

I will be endlessly amused if it turns out you can build bases with a caterpillar, or god forbid an Argo or Cutlass.

>Your thoughts?
I'm looking forward to making a lot of UEC guarding these things in my Polaris.

I have to admit I also like this freighter. It's not particularly iconic but I love it. Don't know why.

He just keeps doing it

I'm looking forward to me and half my org cracking them open with my polaris while the other half of my org loots all the goodies they will certainly carry and loads them on my E-Hull.

starting up SC again after not playing it fuck knows how long.

I dont know how to do any thing but walk around and sorta move a ship.

>Cant travel fast
>Cant land
>Ship crashes

Quit

I hope 30.0.0.0.0.0 brings a tutorial
Cause motherfucker Do i need flying lessons...

>plz dont abandon us plz.
t. Fdev.

Well, people like you are why I would get paid for such a thing so godspeed.

>CIG makes $750,000 in a day selling a base building minigame to whales

Unreal, but I have to say I'm really excited to see one of these things actually pull into atmosphere and start putting together a base. I imagine that these might be the most logistically demanding ships that a player can own, but we won't see one for a long time.

robertsspaceindustries.com/media/of1es6gu4pa4ir/source/Alderin-Landed-Snow-Shot.jpg

Here's a concept art. Concept art isn't always accurate, but it's safe to assume from this image that you'll need a specific ship designed around base building to build bases. I don't think it will be like Space Engineers or Rust where you can just put up bases wherever you want using nothing but hand tools. Though having all the bases in the game made by one ship is a bit weird, so I assume towards and after release there will be other base building ships.

The Pioneer made me question something. How were bases built before the Pioneer was created? The same goes for all the other industries. I guess the answer is that it's a video game and we can assume other ships exist in universe even though they don't exist in the game.

Prefab units transported via cargo most likely.

i donno big cargo ships? that ship cargo.
and that cargo is building materials?

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0999pz6

Go to 49:30.

Do you think he knows the internal release window for S42 and accidentally said it out loud?

Well, "next year" isn't very specific. But I wonder if he knows that it's definitely coming out sometime next year. With S42 being the subject of the holiday livestream, that might be the best time to drop a release window, if not a release date.

I didn't know voice actors are in charge of game development and production schedules.

CR might've told him something that was meant to be kept between them, but he accidentally blurted it out.

Tomorrow

robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-matrix

From the Special snowflake sale page(becasue Im a goodest goy and have the presale)

spoon TM

>h-he who must not be named!

Oh, my sweet summer child.
imgur.com/gallery/v0wgF

>People pay $200 for this crappy art

>$200
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

This guy makes 200 dollars an image off of this shit? I guess starving artists just aren't very resourceful.

That first one isn't awful, but for 200 dollars. Come on now.

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16205-The-Shipyard-Variants-And-Modules

Shit. I can imagine this playing out like Alien. The Pioneer comes crashing in from orbit with a critical systems malfunction and lands on a strange and desolate ice planet. While exploring the area around the ship the crew and settlers uncover an >ancient evil and have to survive on their out of commission pioneer until they can escape. One by one they're picked off until there is nothing left but an abandoned ship.

Don't give CR movie ideas.

Found this gem on Steam F2P, can't believe I didn't know about it.

Who /grind2collect/ here?

epic op image man, this is just what we need to help our fellow redditors feel more at hom

I think we need to talk about the bonus situation

Do we think that this game will produce any legitimate machinima? With all the tech and options I feel like someone with a lot of time and commitment could make something that would be unironically good

>mfw this fucking thread

Is Star Citizen the greatest digital scam of our generation?

It already has machinima.
youtube.com/watch?v=y6sXlLIW_jI

If you mean in game recorded stuff, definitely, will it be good? Doubt it. The face movement tech with webcams looks bad, there are no decent camera tools as of now (director mode is pretty barebones) and so on.

damn it looks fucking coool

I didn't know they made a new Homeworld game
Oh wait.

feels like christmas man

Your parents made you buy an Intel (R) Optane (TM) before they let you open your presents?

my nigga the moment arrived

>SC as first person homeworld would be a bad thing.

that would be fucking sweet bro

>/scg/ fantasizing about features that won't come for years again

Hey now, I never said that. Also stop giving more dream that will never come true.
SC is a miracle already, but it doesn't have the feeling a Homeworld game have.