/acg/ - Animal Crossing General

#1276 - Birthday Boy Edition.
Old thread: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp has been announced for iOS and Android, release date is set to late November.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2wXiwgNd0

>The Basics
ACNL basics guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com or nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/today

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Museum checklist - mediafire.com/file/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl
All furniture customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com imgur.com/a/mfGqi
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android app - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>How to play ACNL online with /acg/
People need to add each other's Friend Codes in order to visit faraway towns.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>Current DLC
;_;

>Upcoming Birthdays
26th - Eugene
27th - Jambette
28th - Gaston & Katrina
29th - Rodeo
30th - Wade
31st - Jack & Labelle

>Upcoming Holidays & Events
31st - Halloween

>Misc.
Neighbor move in/camper reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/
Dream codes - pastebin.com/PCmJZ5WA

ACPC killed the general.
ACPC killed the general.
ACPC killed the general.
ACPC killed the general.
You now know the truth, jump off the sinking ship that is /acg/

>install .apk
>go through kk slider
>communication error
>reinstall app
>get through kk slider and pick my appearance
>error
>reinstall app
>this time I make it to the actual game and get through Goldie's first request
>error when I get back to my campground
>maybe it's because I'm rooted?
>bust out ODIN and flash the stock rom on my phone and remove root
>check for safetynet, my device passes
>try AC again
>"communication error" 802-5808

What the fuck guys, I just wanna play trap simulator.

To give away I have:
1 warm painting (if you need it for your museum)
1 emerald
5 unassessed fossils

Tomorrow I'll also have a moody painting to give away to anyone who needs it for their museum.

Caroline needs signatures for her "Go Nuts For Nuts" petition. Can I visit someone's town please?

I have all the standard and Sanrio ACNL Welcome Amiibo cards and figurines. Would anyone like me to scan a villager or NPC?

You can't fool Nintendo twice, user.

My gates' open, come on by

You can visit me. Scan in Gonzo if you can

The mobile game is a good thing for the AC franchise

>used to have eugene in my town
>suddenly one day he was in boxes
>no one said anything about him wanting to move out
>it was too late to stop him
>can't even celebrate his birthday with him today
>tfw

Oh shit oh FUCK
I equipped this skirt and now I can't unequip it necause it's my only pants item and no one is selling any pants
SEND HELP

He did the same thing to me too.
So did Ribbot
And Flurry...

And from the flames will a new /acg/ arise that all the faggot luddites will be gone, and people who actually care about the game will remain.

I can't wait, the mobile game will far out last the moaning and crying

New Leaf does the same thing.
If you don't have any pants items handy, the only way to take off the skirt is to create a dress from one of your patterns and then put on a shirt, it'll default back to your gray fallback pants. (or skirt if you picked girl).

Good. U look hot :P

Please tell me you can unlock opposite gender haircuts in this game too.

is there a set time period between times i can ask the animals chilling at my camp to 'tell me a story' etc? bc it seems pretty random

We can only hope they'll fuck off soon. I don't see this game as having the longevity of NL.

>NL
>no DLC
>no updates
>nothing new ever
>literally 1 title update after 4 YEARS
>it just adds paywall content
I don't know this general has lasted this long

Because the game still has a ridiculous amount of content

>no updates
are you retarded?

Add me anons
1069 6135 535

>A year ago was tomorrow

Because people still play the game years after release?

the game came out in 2012 give me a break

>tfw can't decide if I want to play as a self insert or as a qt boy
Truly the hardest decision in games with character creator, even more so when crossdressing is a factor

I've scanned Gonzo into my RV campsite. He has bank vault furniture. Would anyone like to visit him?

Do you want to visit him now?

Sure. Still need those signatures?

why no do both?

I will put these pants in my item box for you if you want

Just make sure you don't use your own name, it'll clash with your qt dresses later on.

so what exactly is the purpose of rare fish/bugs ?
currently lvl 15 and never had them as request from animals

user most of us mobile fags played NL and/ or past mainline games, the game came out 2012, let us enjoy new AC content
If you want to see more NL discussion then be the change you want to see instead of whine posting

No, I got them in another town. I didn't have you added at the time. Gate's open

Okay. Heading over

They'll request them on higher levels for sure.

I like how when you click on villagers in another persons campesite they just grow woah

I wanna fuck my little trap mayor so bad.

I'm guessing the animals you unlock later on want them. Lily wanted a horned dynastid from me

>both
I don't think gender works like that

forgot the pic user

the only real difference between genders is the mouth shape and the pronouns people use with you

oh shit ok thanks anons

Damn they feel alive.

>SJWs actually believe this
>people will respond to this unironically

this is a kids game user

You can't put clothes in the item box

Not counting villager dialogue maybe I'd agree if boys were able to get girl haircuts and vice versa like in NL

>game starts: all items take a minute to craft, require like 3 pieces of wood
>now: everything takes 7 hours to build, even the smallest new items require like 60 wood
>"oh you don't have enough materials? How about checking out our limited time deal on Nintendo bucks $$$?"
TOOOMMM NOOOOKKK

>/acg/ fags will actually defend this

Not unlock. They're just there at the start.

What is it about this game that attracts retards who get so impatient with this game they burn out after two weeks because they time travel days at a time to make things happen faster?

Post camper

Can I pick boy and choose the girl haircuts later?
This is important.

Because muh instant gratification.

Unlock more slots to build shit, or fast build it. This game practically throws premium currency at you. Or just, idk, don't play the mobile game for a few hours? Kiddos are wild

Oh really? That sucks.

Wait I was mistaken. I tried to edit my character right now and it was only boy haircuts. So you can edit everything but gender whenever, and don't have opposite gender haircuts. My bad user.

I dont time travel and I like getting on after work to see what new stuff has happened in my town.

I just have a really strong adversity to micro transactions and how whether you believe it or not everything in this new game incentivizes you to pay real money.

No dev with micro transactions in their game make it realistically lean towards your own efforts and thats just a fact. Calling people kids and impatient just because they dislike microtransaction formulas and the systems that play directly into that is just not honest

Just found a bug
It's not that big but still

Is this your first AC?
It's always been like that.
The difference is you couldn't pay money to make it go faster.
Just let it happen, it subsidizes the game for everyone else who is a longtime fan.

I sunk almost 500 hours into NL with /acg/ a few years ago.

Been playing ACPC the last couple of days and enjoying it as a tide over until the next main game.

If anyone wants to add me, feel free.

>item slots increase as you level
>item diversity never changes
This just feels weird. In most games you can just hoard early and start having trouble with inventory management later on, but it's the opposite here.

Ignore the MTX and suddenly the game has the same pace, if not still faster, of a mainline AC game. You're not meant to have hours of content every time you long in. I honestly don't know what you want besides maybe a furniture shop.

>tfw just adding neighbours I like to my camp, building the furnature I like that would get me those villagers
The game is actually really lax on the microtransactions. It really is just a patience thing, which every AC had. Mobile just fits the format well.

I have no idea what kind of theme I want to get going, right now I'm just buying whatever the new villagers want me to buy

You're missing the point. I've been playing NL since it came out in 2012

micro transactions are bad and no one who loves games should support them

>but you dont have to use them, user! you can earn the leaflets with dailies etc

come back in two weeks when you realize how stagnant the game become without paying for leaflets. games with MTA formulas are designed to give you the illusion of freedom without paying
I just want games without micro transactions. thats honestly all I'm saying lol
I guess time will tell. the rose colored tint of new ac game glasses will soon fade and everyone will start to shitpost about how much they hate it

i cant access the quarry since this morning. its only me?

Trying to save up cotton to make the blue rug. The upstairs is just the original camper seats and stuff right now.

If you draw a hard line at games with MTX then you're basically only going to be able to play half the solo player games out there. I get where you're coming from, it's just MTX for a mobile game isn't exactly surprising.

You can only go once a day via friends. Can you still pay to go in?

>>That kind of "thinking" is exactly why it became shit and why most shows for girls are shit.
>No, it's because it's made from the beginning to appeal to CHILDREN, especially girls. If you think it's a show meant to be enjoyed by adult men you have mental problems.
1. I never said anywhere in that post that it was meant for adults, you have to be a huge idiot to come to that conclusion (or a big hypocrite if you meant that adults shouldn't like stuff for children, considering the game we're playing here).
2. Thinking little girls or children in general don't deserve a good show makes you a complete idiot. Children are ignorant, not stupid.

Are there any Beppe Pepes yet?

animal crossing was never for children. Katsuya Eguchi was recreating the sensation he felt in his early 20s of being alone in a new town. that's a young adult life experience, but just because it doesn't have violence or sex beyond the nipples on the museum statues it must be for children

sup /acg/, gracie's in town for the final test, does anyone has 2 pieces of basic clothes they could lend? will pay with perfect butts and blue roses

Just because Eguchi thought of something from his 20s for inspiration it doesn't mean the game wasn't targeted at children. In that case then FiM was not for children because Lauren Faust thought of the parents that would have to watch it with them when making the show. What do you have to say about that?

I would pay absurd amounts of money to see Isabelle's nipples

Does choosing your style at the beginning of the game effect anything other than your starting furniture? I chose cool for apollo and I deeply regret it

We'll I don't regret apollo

>level 3 cool place still needs 5 hours
>have 2 crafts going that are 6 hours
>have 1 craft that's 9 hours
>mfw I'm actually enjoying this
I would would welcome crafting in main AC titles now as long as furniture was still sold the same way

But it again comes down to how 4tards like you seem to think that all children's media is automatically stupid, and grown men who watch it aren't REAL men.

>animal crossing was never for children.
C'mon user

No

nevermind i had a bunch of basic shit in my closet, Emporium here i come

>4tards like you seem to think that all children's media is automatically stupid, and grown men who watch it aren't REAL men
Wasn't that YOUR argument?

It isn't automatically stupid, it just IS stupid because children don't understand shit about jack, they don't NEED to be good, and even if they do they don't need to be good in the same ways that shows made for people with fully developed brains complete with abstract and critical thought are. FiM isn't deep, it isn't thought-provoking, it isn't groundbreaking, it's bright colors and cute voices and nothing more.

Second post. Where's my money?

dogs have 10 teats. you're not getting jack for this partial nude tease garbage

feel free to enjoy this freshly minted reaction pic. for what i don't know.

How level up furniture/place please assist

>the rose colored tint of new ac game glasses will soon fade and everyone will start to shitpost about how much they hate it
Maybe you just don't like AC
It's obvious what kind of game this is, and after a week there'll be nothing to do but grind. Just like every mobile game. Why don't you just enjoy it until then?

6081 5678 401
Add me plz

1. You're replying to the wrong person, retard.
2. Shows for children NEED to be good. They don't know better if you don't show them better and it's your responsibility to do so.
3. I never said that FiM was on the level of Breaking Bad, I said that it gradually became worse because the people who made it good left. It IS stupid now but it was a decent show for kids at the start. My point now is that shit like that happens because of idiots like you.

>ignores that I said I've been playing NL since it came out
yeah I dont like AC

I'm kinda interested to try out Pocket Camp. I haven't played an Animal Crossing game since years ago back on City Folk, so I guess that it would be good for some Sims 1-esque nostalgia

gotta be canon nipples from nintendo

Has anyone found anything interesting from shaking trees?

Most I've gotten is some bells.

Rarest Fish or Bug find so far? I've nabbed a Koi

I'm preparing for Kid Cat. So I have the fruit drink, spool and changing room going.

I have the Cool Tent level 1 almost done too (already have Sporty Tent 1).

I'll soon shut off the game for a few hours and come back later. I haven't spent a dime and I'm liking it as well.

>Animal Crossing was never for children
You're right, they just threw Resetti out on his ass and made all of the villagers super nice because they made grown adults cry.

Get NL instead

>brown hand
I have a reaction pic for you too but I know exactly when to use it.

I'm replying to what that person said, this is an anonymous imageboard, there is no "right" person.
No, they fucking don't. They should, of course, but they don't actually NEED to be anything other than colors and noises and kids will eat it up regardless
It happens because it's a kids show and it doesn't matter what happens to it. The people who are smart enough to notice the subtle things that make a kid's show good or bad are (ostensibly) too intellectually advanced to be enjoying the show in the first place, though apparently according to your display of intelligence that's putting the horse before the cart.

I've had two koi and a tuna

Animal Crossing is dead.