/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #143

Dummies go to DETENTION edition

Last Thread: Latest News
>The Dr Crowler event is happening right now. (S)He is available to unlock as a playable duelist
>GX world is live now. Get your game on!
>Pegasus and Paradox Brothers will be permanently added to the gate in November. They will also have unlock missions for latefags
>new minibox out now, Wall of Disruption is pretty good
>Champions Vigilance and Machine Angel Ritual will be limited to 1, and Red Eyes Spirit will be limited to 2 in a few weeks. We can't have f2p decks doing well, now can we?
>the balance skill will be changed in an unknown way, and the creator skill will be changed to give more meta relevant cards in November

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc. (VERY OUTDATED)
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for bad players
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>when sending Vagabonds, always choose the 1 card challenge because it's gives the most XP
>using the modded APK to farm will result in a ban eventually
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're are really unsure about what to buy, Dawn of Destiny is a solid choice because it contains the components for Naturia and Phoenix decks. Both have fallen off the meta but are still viable up to plat
>Level up Mai and Keith first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph
>Level up Alexis for a free Spell Shield Type 8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MpYZ4fR2m-s
my.mixtape.moe/fbpbrr.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=SzuI1egikXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Keep getting my ass kicked by 40 Crowler when trying to do homework

Fuck. What the fuck do I do? I don’t have anything for that dumb master of Oz deck.

you can run system down, or use cerberus and protect it from zero gravity.

>using the modded APK to farm will result in a ban eventually

Fuck off.

Just report this thread and wait for a correct one that's not posted 25 replies before bump limit.

Why we got Mokuba instead of Duke Devlin? At least he was a real duelist.

R8 my Bandit Keith meme deck

I miss the days of $300 Mechanicalchaser

It's true though, next maintenance modded APK retards are outta here

It's true, eventually is an extremely long period of time.

>says man the 50th time this month, more worried than the last

>run a Gravekeepers deck that relies entirely on th3 backrow to do well
>mfw Ancient Gears will kill my archetype for good

Too bad Konami killed balance, otherwise handless would be back

Source?

In this case 'eventually' means the point at which Konami shuts down the servers for Duel Links, I guess.

Are you new? He's been saying it for months now, before every maintenance.

Or until they stop caring about money and growth

people act like the modded APK just automatically wins you the game, it's still a timegated treadmill of card acquisition, just the fact it still takes forever to get a decent deck with it just goes to show how grindy the original game is.

We'll see. Biggest theory is that they'll throw spells together with traps which doesn't kill handless specifically.

Haha, just you fucking wait. Modded APKfags are gonna be

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

in the next update. You'll see user!

youtube.com/watch?v=MpYZ4fR2m-s

>Taiwan,Province of China
lol

It's okay man it's not too late to join us. You can still play PvP fair and square.

If this is it, it's not too bad. But I doubt because they said there will be a random factor

Having it fail would be so stupid. You'd have a % chance to not be running a skill. Might as well remove it as a skill if they do that.

>Dueling a faggot in Legend
>He's playing Gemini
>About to lose, but he decides to BM by gemini summoning his gearfried
>Doesn't realize that I can chain my Floodgate to a Gemini summon
>He ends up losing because of it
>mfw

I didn't know you could do that. Thanks.

Konami will fear the samurai

Still trying to find a consistent deck against lv40 Crowler. Sadly I only have 1 Dark Paladin, 2 Union Attack, 2 Cerberus, and 1 Dimension Gate.

System Down is a good rec I read in here. One day I'll figure him out. I think the easiness of Bonz just lowered my guard.

Just use the modded apk

Being new is rough.

>same consistency as ALO, but I can fit shards in for my sanity
Feels good

modded apk nigga

Im pretty sure theyre killing balance so you can't Cyber Stein turn 1 and lock out your opponents board with Ojama King constantly.

gotta do it if they want those delicious chinese monies

LP B does this more. I really hope these don't get Stein limited. LC0 is my favorite skill by a longshot.

my.mixtape.moe/fbpbrr.mp4

Its too retarded to play Cyber Angels with Ishizu and Cyber Stein for summon fusions as Ritual Tributes with the exact level?

>ruins your level 40 farm
>"na no ne :)"
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

yes

OURGUY

Here's what I'd do if I were Konami
>New obtainable duelist early April
>"I bet you can't outstep me!"
>April 1 release Johnny Steps as a playable duelist
>comes with 3 skills
>permanently level 1
>all 3 skills are negative

But Heavy Metal King can defeat Dark Magician!

Hey guys. Just got back in after 6 months of absence. Is the Elemental Hero archetype shit or am I just a retard?

Both.

No, youd be more retarded if you actually played them.

>Is the Elemental Hero archetype shit
Currently yes, but that will completely change once they put some good heroes in the game

>Am I a retard?
No user, no.

I feel you user, I love e heroes too and wish they were good, but they're shit right now. Literally they just need to add more Righteous Justices and AZ, and we're good

Are there any FTK decks in this game?

Black executioner warlock being my favorite from the real card game.

Nope
Bubbleman burn and balance/LPb Cyber-Stein comes close. You missed standby burn like 6 months ago.

Are those at least OTKs?

This actually would be a really funny joke

Waacfag go home

New Blue Eyes last gamble deck works like a charm

what is a waac

Ah, the classic card Magnetic Fighter Marking Dubar Loachlion, one of my favorites.

>no econ
Madman

I hope you all finished your homework already on the first day, wouldn't want to find anyone slacking off like that slifer slacker Jaden now would we?
youtube.com/watch?v=SzuI1egikXA

I just started
Is bandit keith, the best Yu-Gi-Oh, a playable character
If he is, how long will it take to unlock him

>3 vigilance
Enjoy it while you can.

Nerfed aint too bad, unless you rely on OTKs. Replace with Walls of Disruption and BEWD murders LP.

Yes. He has an ability that's a free, albeit nerfed, Card Trader that let's you cheat new cards into your hand.

>I keep reading /dlg/ as /DDlg/
>tfw no daddy to spank me when I dont do my homework

>spend all morning hard grinding Lvl 40 for a Gear Knight
>20 duels, 0 Knights, all garbage R cards
>duel lvl 30 with an autoduel deck just for shits and giggles
>scored both Emes and Knight in 4 turns
Rng knows when you want something. Its literally just trying to fuck with you

I got you senpai

>early thread
kys retard

"""""New"""""

tfw sneaking into kog with gemini control

Where did you even get these fake cards? Packs and singles have always been really cheap, even at its peak popularity in 2005 or so, so where exactly were these being sold?

Yes, and literally everything he does in the anime is possible.

I must unlock him

literally every chinese gift shop back in the early yugioh days was selling counterfeit cards, theyre practically legendary.

you unlock him by playing against 50 legendary duelists, so you'll get him pretty quick if you beat lvl 10s nonstop

>New
lol

I guess I just didn't live near any Chinese gift shop cause I never seen them before

>Here's a rare card that even my students have rarely seen!
>Ancient Gear Golem
Nigga your main strategy is summoning that card

Stop playing Phoenix now, you fucks. It's a t3+ deck ffs. I spent good money on Wall of Disruption!!

>tfw only have cerberus to farm crowler

and Clowns. The stupid faggots that are still playing old decks need to fuck off, fucking retards. Your shitty old decks are bad;stay bad and thanks for the free wins.

>people are STILL playing phoenix
nani the fuck

>not enjoying playing against Phoenix
They are such brainlets and always make some kind of hilarious misplay

I just lost to Summon Skull turbo. How the fuck...

That's nothing to be ashamed of user, MAXIMUM OVERSKULL is the patrician's deck

Battle city really is the best arc, it makes duelist kingdom look like shit, DK was carried by Pegasus

Duelist Kingdom WAS shit. BC was top tier, altho they fucked up the rules in every episode
>mfw Lightening Blade was basically a Quick Spell in the Mako Joey battle

Just got KoG with 2 losses legend 1+ with this if anyone's still in legend. Considering my promo was against 26 card peak performance using Twin Headed Behemoth who was also legend 3 I kind of doubt there's a point to this post though.

Honestly to me Battle City had more confusing rules than Duelist Kingdom, the battle phase was fucked up, your opponent could attack your monsters on YOUR battle phase, and dont even get me started on the rules regarding god cards, those cards literally bypass the fucking rules and do crazy shit like double battle phases, the anime fixed some of these weird rulings that originated in the manga, but still, while Battle City had more coherent base rules it also got more confusing

Kazuki doesn't know how to play his own game.

How many times do we have to go over this? In Kaz's eyes, a good story trumps the actual rules

You know what I never understood about this episode (Rare Hunter with exodia)

They had to make up that shit about Summoned Skull raising Alpha's ATK by 200 so yugi could OTK the rare hunter. Why not just have Yugi use Gamma instead? 2500+1500=4000 without the "lol ELECTRICITY BONUS" bullshit

Well he's in Plat now so beware?

Is he still using Storm Strats?

Can you only get one AMA card this event?

Yes. Dropped Wild, BBS and a Storm to wipe my entire backrow, banished my Phoenix and then boosted his Diskblade with the now dead Wild plus used the two new spell counters to turn Red Magician into Skull. I was actually kind of impressed.

yes

If this is the same user, I remember back in the World qualifiers seeing him drop two skulls and a Talwar in one turn using Palabrynth. When the meme works it works. Good on him for sticking to it three fucking months after the meta left it behind.

I forgot how much the dub fucked the character's movitations trough Duel Monsters.

Marik isn't fighting for power, he's fighting for revenge against Atem because he was made to think the pharaoh killed his dad.
Joey didn't want Yugi to give him Red-eyes back for free because he wanted to win it from him as a TRUE DUELIST (a crucially important concept to Yugi and Joey's characters that the dub completely ignores), not because he wanted to power up Yugi's deck.
Kaz's characters from the original series had some nice depth to them that the dub completely castrated and replaced with POWER OF FRIENDSHIP faggotry

how in the fuck do you get the effect on ancient gear knight please be patient im retarded

I know and i loved that about the manga, i'm not one of those that cared about the manga/anime following the rules. I'm just stating the fact that the rules the manga used became harder to follow in battle city because Kaz tried to have some sort of logic in the rules but always ended up fucking the rules up

All Gemini monsters must be Normal Summoned a second time for their effects to activate.

>Marik isn't fighting for power, he's fighting for revenge against Atem because he was made to think the pharaoh killed his dad.
It's explained later that he hates the pharaoh because he has to spend his life in the tomb and he resents it. Still a good motivation.

>Joey didn't want Yugi to give him Red-eyes back for free because he wanted to win it from him as a TRUE DUELIST
That's basically what happens though. At the end of s2, he says he'll win it back in a duel, and he does.