/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

Night Elves Edition

Upcoming servers:
>CATA
Hades - 1x, fully blizzlike with pre-nerf raids and dungeons - November 16th
twinstar.cz/2017/08/30/international-cataclysm-launch-name-and-schedule/?lang=en
hades-wow.com/how-to-connect/

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist is correct and not read only.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lfkhoSXwOek
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ares

remove all anime

Can we delete the discord already? It's fucking useless.

We need a anime-friendly discord.

>warmane servers have 12k population
what the fuck man thats crazy

goddamn I remember fapping to that as a raging horny teen. Still fapworthy to this day. Might have a quickie now for nostalgia's sake

>wake up
>ares fucked people insta ding 70
>go to work
>ares 20 hour roll back server kill
>come home
>devs fixed it everythings fine

interesting day

Made improvements. Has party/raid setup, later will have rotational timers on spells(doesn't show cause I don't have them learned), 3 sets of action bars(shift/ctrl mods), quite a bit of utility hidden (PAC for CDs, opie circle select options, poison reminders, etc), 100% aligned. Anything I am missing?

What unit frames are those? does anyone have recommendations for frames and a buff management addon?

UF are pitbull with a lot of changes, using skins from shardemedia addon. Action bars are dominos. Overhead frames are tidyplates. And my combo/nrg is vexpower. I would suggest pitbull, but it has quite a bit of options to shift through, and as for buffs maybe elkanos, or just using pitbulls buff frames edited. I have a class specific addon for my target buffs/debuffs, so not really viable.

if playing melee dps is the little puny non-glowy brain, then what's the middle sort-of-glowy brain?

Ranged dps since they have to do mechanics and don't just hit a moving training dummy

ranged is 100% the smallest brain

I hope Hades is successful but I'm scared vanillababies will be scared of finally playing an xpac that had mechanics more complicated than BWL class calls and where raid spots were competitive so you couldn't just be afk and still expect to be on the roster

I remember playing hunter in pandaland was the most braindead activity I've done in video games

Anyone want a healslut to level a new character with on Ares?

Hunter is always braindead

Any fresh 3.3.5 with 2-5x XP coming out soon?

Been out of the loop for the past 2 year on duty what's happened to Corecraft

Devs gave up on developing after one wanted to focus more on school and they discovered something about their whole infrastructure that made more than 400 pop impossible.

broke: playing a healer
joke: playing melee
woke: playing a warlock

What's wrong with Warlock?

>2k17
>still playing old deprecated expansions
>not playing legion on freakz

youtube.com/watch?v=lfkhoSXwOek

no thanks

Ded

Thanks Hades fags.

anyone playing on Ares? is it a clusterfuck? any guild up?

any guilds on Warmane Icecrown?

This first week has been a disaster, it doesn't seem like its worth investing time there

You can rejoin when you promise not to spam anime berd

Hades NA core needs your help to defeat EU core. Don't let the filthy neets beat us hard working Americans (and Oats).

>posts anime
thats dangerous around these parts

Ares actually is dead. Should've listened to you anons all along. Went to Org and barely 10 people were there.

>bring back wpsg
>go to cata
why

where do you think you are

Everyone is leveling or in shatt, why the fuck would anyone be in org in tbc?

There is no one anywhere on Arse.

Pop is spread out a bit more but there was still plenty of people in hellfire earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if almost everyone had stopped playing already though, just saying that org is not a good metric of population in tbc.

personally i'd wait a week or two and check the pop then. the server itself instance wise seemed honestly pretty damn solid from what i played, and i saw some videos of people doing raids on the test realm and it seemed good. only real question is if the pop goes down to medivh level numbers then it's probably not worth the hassle

Did you ever actually raid
I doubt you would manage to dps chromag as rogue or warrior

Ares population is heavily skewed towards EU times. Guessing from world chat activity 24h peak is like 2-3k. My impression of it has gone from mediocre to OK, haven't run into buggy quests after HFP. Not like there's anything else, Paymane Outland is a shitty funserver and I'm not doing 1-70 at 1x on Medivh. Netherwing is vaporware.

>still shilling for ares
you are doing it wrong
at this moment you are supposed to be shilling for shitty cata server by same europeans

Wowfreakz is the best. You can try and say that it ain't be but it do be indeed.

I hate Cata and last I heard the state of the art of Cata emulation was 50% nonfunctioning Twilight Highlands quests

This first week has been a disaster, it doesn't seem like its worth investing time there
>>
Anonymous 10/26/17(Thu)21:47:57 No.193667572▶
You can rejoin when you promise not to spam anime berd
>>
Anonymous 10/26/17(Thu)21:49:20 No.193667719▶File: 230004517755.jpg (20 KB, 704x400)
20 KB
Hades NA core needs your help to defeat EU core. Don't let the filthy neets beat us hard working Americans (and Oats).
>>
Anonymous 10/26/17(Thu)21:49:52 No.193667768▶
>posts anime
thats dangerous around these parts
>>
Anonymous 10/26/17(Thu)22:10:50

all me

>Ares population is heavily skewed towards EU times

That's every private server

retail pleb looking to join /wpsg/ , is the cata server worth playing on? I downloaded Warmane 1/5xp WotLK.

no

nowhere to play anything else better

After the sever eventually shuts down, you will be left with nothing of value, you would have essentially accomplished nothing for all the effort put into your characters.

Not event the passive rewards of acquired skills, such as skills of problem solving would be learned. You have essentially wasted your potential time that our G-d has granted you.

Do you have such low ego as to allow yourself to be forgotten after your gone? You have the potential to start a new path this very moment, take it and forget about this game that has robbed you of your mot productive years.

I just don't understand why everybody doesn't play Icecrown.
>wotlk
>2nd best expansion behind TBC
>7x
>ultimate WoW experience
>not cata

icecrown is just shitty GD

But the 2nd best xpac is MoP

Catchup with Paymane gearscore/achievementfags? I'd rather eat shit

because GD is still an option for Wrath

I would rather get cancer than roll on any server with the final raid already on farm

Best custom content and flawless WoTLK scripting, Remedywow.info.
we waiting u

thanks no
I'm not plaiyng anything unless
>gummycraft magically happens
>x1 vanilla server with staff which has no relation to elysium\ex-elysium staff

>x1 vanilla server
you should actually kill yourself

Looking forward to this one for some casual play with the instant 80 desu

Kronos

You could be raiding Naxx right now if you weren't a server hopper

I could be raiding naxx on anathema but I don't want to raid sorry
ok

org is always dead on tbc
the only reason to be there is the auction house, which most people dont use before max level

How do you think that'll go over? Instant max level doesn't really build character attachment.

dead general

Please. At least there is a thread.

When is the next 3.3.5 fresh releasing ?

Lordaeron, excalibur, or kronos. Trying to level/ low level instances, up to max

Anyone else hate mirido?

Taken from World of Logs rankings on the heroic festergut fight, using a median ranking of dps records so its not overly skewed by the very top players. This is what a typical full 277 character in each spec can expect to do on a nuke fight, or as close an estimation as possible. :)

1) Fury Warrior 18107
2) Fire Mage 17799
3) Combat Rogue 17671
4) Retribution Paladin 17213
5) Assassination Rogue 17052
6) Marksmanship Hunter 17021
7) Feral-Cat Druid 16689
8) Unholy Death Knight 16540
9) Affliction Warlock 16144
10) Frost Death Knight 15985
11) Shadow Priest 15807
12) Arcane Mage 15414
13) Demonology Warlock 15396
14) Enhancement Shaman 15275
15) Balance Druid 14924
16) Elemental Shaman 14538
17) Blood Death Knight 14276
18) Destruction Warlock 14157
19) Survival Hunter 13997
20) Arms Warrior 12563

----non-viable dps specs----

21) Beast Mastery Hunter 9496
22) Frost Mage 8257
23) Subtlety Rogue 8047

is that post correct?

just play ares mate, people on this board constantly shill against it because for some godforsaken reason they want cata to be the new F R E S H place to be.

But the population is decent and ive literally ran into 0 bugs so far. plus tbc best xpac

yeah nice try, you mongs said the same shit about playTBC

the 1 minute shill, impressive

i'd like to try it out but i'm using a meme resolution and the client doesn't support it, fucks up the aspect ratio or something and my eyes can't handle it

if you want to play cata, wait for hades
if you want to play tbc, play ares and pray to god that it gets better with time
if you want to play wrath, pick whatever you want, there's a lot of decent servers out there

>Fury War at the top
No surprise. ARP was god back then.

name 3 decent wotlk servers

A rule of etiquette the thread has is no obvious lying. Both servers were equally being shilled, and this thread has no single domain; all servers are welcomed. Many reasons have been given about ares as to why it won't be a superstar server, ranging from lack of quality from using nearly stock core scripts, to incompetence of devs shown recently with a 20hr rollback. The cata server will have to cross that bridge when it launches, in which ridicule is free game. Ares is off to a little lackluster start with the before mentioned, the imbalanced faction ratios (nearly 30:70), some problems with pathing and dungeons, minor mechanics problems of classes, and somewhat lower population than that which is expected of a "fresh" server (using census, 3 days of scans showed around ~300 people on alliance actually leveling past level 60). Of course if none of this bothers other people that want to play, they are free to do so. To think someone can physically prevent someone from playing on a server by giving insight to said server, even if you see it as bias slander, is outright absurd. This is coming from someone that leveled from 1-36 on ares, and has given up due to lack of interest dealing with their staff, not tbc.

dal, gd, warmane (has 2?)? I actually don't know if dal is still running desu.

dalaran is still running
they released icc a few months ago

Just logged into dalaran for the first time in a long while and my lvl 80 dk is fucking gone, only a lvl 8 hunter left. I'm positive I didnt delete it myself.
Fucking shit server.

ded

Should I play on Ares?

What faction are the cata babbies rolling on Hades?

i wont be

corecraft when

Horde

>incompetence of devs shown recently with a 20hr rollback
Before this becomes canon, there wasn't a 20 hour rollback. They made a slavshit tier mistake but managed to fix it without hassle.

Alliance.

>cata
why.jpg

same man, lost a hunter, warrior, shaman and rogue. none of the account info that i had works anymore :^)

>:^)
I was being serious

meant for

Ares shills are just elyg newfags who are latching onto the first fresh server they can regardless of quality.

I was being serious too. My accounts are just magically gone or "repurposed" :^) dalaran has a history of under the counter deals.

I've played on L4G, PlayTBC, Hellfire, Hellground, Vengeance, Warmane, Gummy (closed beta and 2 hours on live) and Ares hunting for a good server for my favorite expansion. The first four were jokes that had horrible issues with stability and emulation quality, on Warmane you have to deal with gear buyers, powertripping GMs and the gearscorefagging paymane community, Medivh is 1x 1-70 and dead, Vengeance is dead, Gummy is dead. There's nothing on the horizon either so I'll shill for Ares because it's up and I can play there without major issues.

Is there any /wpsg/ guilds on a vanilla, BC, or WotLK server that doesnt have 1x exp rate?

Hey Hordecucks,
My name is Pontos, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid mud huts in Orgrimmar. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to trannies on discord.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was leader of the wpsg raids, and top dps on my recount. What rauds do you clear, other than Baradin Hold? I also get straight orange parses, and have a banging hot erp girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my waifu