/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1016 - Looming Shadow Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/games/super-mario-odyssey
youtu.be/MkdHq6nsFCw
docs.google.com/document/d/1ox06kBSEUjac7U4U5lFIIIYJyGpyKBOb4rUbvjdoYKk/edit?usp=sharing
strawpoll.me/14247457
strawpoll.me/14247480
strawpoll.me/14247484
strawpoll.me/14247519
strawpoll.me/14247528
youtube.com/watch?v=Atv_ZMwxwEc
youtube.com/watch?v=xlkb1XFuXdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FAST

Well, I may not be first, but here is best girl.

I repeat: Can someone give me the exact difference between JP Sonic and ENG Sonic?

NOT-FAST

JP Sonic speaks Japanese, ENG Sonic speaks English.

English sonic is voiced by Roger Craig Smith and JP sonic is not

BEEP BEEP

So I just learned that apparently the demo wasn't intended for a western audiance. What does that mean exactly? Are japs incapable of playing a Sonic game for more than 60 seconds?

JP Sonic is voiced by an english teacher, and ENG Sonic is voiced by a few comedians and professional VAs.

She's not my best galâ„¢ but since I started the Ride, Sal has grown a lot on me.

Maybe Japs won't datamine it.

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Sparky the Kitsune
Looming Shadow Zone
Act 1
>Here we...
>GO!!!

Japanese Sonic is good, English Sonic isn't.

>play the avatar stage multiple times
>gives me the red wolf 3 times in a row
They really want me to play as him.

Considering thet all have small attention spans for things that arent entirely geared towards Japan or dont have Lolis in them, yes.

I really wish I was around during the ride. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

It means that they made the demo for the Japanese audience & they didn't wanna give them too much. Funny enough, the JP fans apparently didn't have much of an issue with the demo as US fans.

Japanese don't care, and most JP Sonic fans are probably hardcore since the fanbase is small.

For Classic, JP Sonic has normal spikes, ENG Sonic has Silver Sonic-like spikes

It's a bad demo. It doesn't matter where you live.

I'm gonna go play the Demo now. Wish me luck.

bad game

Have fun

You're a bad person not matter where you live.

Hey there friends, So I'm making some pins and stickers to sell.
I wanted to make a Waifu pack
So in your opinion who are the top 4 of this general excluding Bump and Sage because i'll be making separate ones for them

So I played the demo, did not know making a Japanese account would fuck up the news feed. probably won't regional shop ever again because of that. But ok, the demo was pretty much what everyone is saying. Boost modern Sonic, Classic nothing and questionable avatar. I'm left wondering if the avatar stages get better beyond that initial tutorial part. the 1 minute limit is frustrating.

I didn't even say anything about the quality of the demo. I'm saying that the JP fans didn't mind it as much as we do.

Have fun user!

Blaze & Amy are definitely top two. The other two I'd probably say are Sticks & Rouge, or Rouge & Bunnie

Amy, Blaze, Fleetway Amy and Nicole
If you won't have two Amy's, then Sally.

you mean who are the top four Sonic gals?

>Amy
>Maria
>Cream
>Tikal

Sally, Blaze, Amy. Rouge

You're just bad at the avatar stages like everyone else.
Stop approaching them like Sonic stages.

ign.com/games/super-mario-odyssey

1. Wave
2. Rouge
3. Shahra
4. Amy

I'M A SHEEP

youtu.be/MkdHq6nsFCw

huggu

here we go
off the rails

I thinks thats frustrating about the demo, the limit makes me want to rush. I know it's slower stages, I just wondered if it gets a bit more interesting beyond the rail part.

A retoast from accidentally posting in the previous thread.
I really like Forces so far, and yes, I know about the flaws and such about the game presented so far but I'm kinda worried it'll flop, and the complains everyone got for it. I like most of the game though, it seems fun. I'm gonna pre-order it soon enough.

For this general?
It would be:
Amy
Blaze
Rouge
Tikal or Bunnie. You're choice.

Alright, ya'll. I've created a feedback sheet for anyone to edit. Here, you can put any feedback, or ideas you have for Sonic's moveset, his physics, his handling, etc.

docs.google.com/document/d/1ox06kBSEUjac7U4U5lFIIIYJyGpyKBOb4rUbvjdoYKk/edit?usp=sharing

Also included are a series of polls which will also be posted here:
strawpoll.me/14247457
strawpoll.me/14247480
strawpoll.me/14247484
strawpoll.me/14247519
strawpoll.me/14247528

Please look over them and participate in all of them, if you could. Thank you! I'll be sure to post a copy of this post when the thread dies.

rolling around at the speed of sound

You can definitely play avatar stages quickly
You just have to know how
youtube.com/watch?v=Atv_ZMwxwEc

open your heart

>Google Doc
Hopefully it doesn't become full-on shitposting.

why it's always kissu or huggu but not handholddu?

Ironically-enough, it seems that Mario Odyssey has better rolling physics than anything Sonic's had in over a decade. Go figure.

Too late.

So it does get a bit more interesting. Maybe they should have a 2 minute limit instead? if any limit at all.

Guys I wanna fuck Rouge is this a good thing? If not please help

You can see the full level with a glitch
youtube.com/watch?v=xlkb1XFuXdc

das sweet.

Get in line, fucko.

Friendly reminder that Fiona Fox is best girl.

who

This is true

Truest THOT

You know you can share GDocs in a way so people can only "suggest edits" rather than just "edit anything", right? To prevent shitposting and be able to filter suggestions? It's in options of sharing

>I'm kinda worried it'll flop
It will not flop sales wise.

I can't wait to see the pins and stickers.
Would you mind doing keychains too? You're getting me excited for another bag, user.

Honestly, this doesn't look bad at all. Short, but not bad.

Did not know that! Much obliged!

>"Did you know that you're now reading this in my voice?"

Joke's on you, I don't even remember what your voice sounded like.

who

Amy
Blaze
Sally
Bunnie

I have other variations. handholddu included. just haven't gotten to use it yet.

Good afternoon Sonicbabs, what game will you be playing tomorrow on a fine Friday afternoon?

Really, why the limit? the full level looks better.

not yours lol

So people think Sally is canon because she was in the picture of her and Knuckles in the Forces comic? I think it's just an easter egg personally.

Who knows. Maybe they didn't want people to be spoiled since the avatar stage takes place after certain story events happen?

It's obviously an easter egg. Anyone thinking otherwise isn't too smart.

Seiken Densetsu 3.

it may just be an easter egg but is the comic not supervised by someone from sonic team or sega?

Why would that matter?

>Flynn nerfed Omega's personality
aw c'mon was this sega's doing

Infinite is Blaze.
No doubt about it.

You'd think people would've clued in when Poppy showed up in the first issue.

I think so too.

I know right? It was expected, but still disappointing.

There are some people who are actually glad about this, and I cant fathom as to why. Omega outside of the comics is pretty bland.

This series of polls is starting to heat up! Let's not make things too one-sided, though, okay? Let's get some more folks in these polls.

Yep. Sonic Team wrote the story. Ian only made the dialogue.

This better just be on account of Omega's in-game personality.

*Late*

ABT probably put it in as a reference/easter egg. I highly doubt anyone from Sonic Team or SEGA said to do so.

One is trash and the other is garbage.

It's mostly desperation.

It is so heavily obscured. Just an easter egg.

I dunno, it's not on par with his comics personality, but I kinda enjoyed the little we saw of Omega in this comic.

This. People shouldn't take joke posts so seriously, but it is a neat easter egg.

Amy and Blaze seems assured but

Give me Sticks and Rouge.

No one needs to worry at all since he's dead.

>I really wish I was around during the ride. I've heard nothing but lies about it.

It still taints the games.

Okay, user.

As if the games haven't been tainted to hell and back at this point? An easter egg , or something more isnt gonna hurt.

>muh purtity