/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Stylish mode is for homosexuals Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/qc2gi
clips.twitch
gamestop.com/accessories/fighting-commander-4-controller/123451
amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Commander-Controller-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKLFES8
twitter.com/0Dizzle/status/923739719678201856
challonge.com/tournaments/signup/7fXIdKUtvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i can see her... nvm .////.

axl is honest

streamable.com/qc2gi

Best waifu

Sol is honest

Ky is honest.

clips.twitch
.tv/TameAlertPangolinUWot

lewd

Fresh Popemom diorama.

That's a nice revolver

Fighting sticks are way too fucking expensive. I'm just going to try an xbox 360 controller.

>evolving from an unga-raven to actually using your throws for reads and doing big boy mixups

I am after all... not alive.

it hurts

What the fuck man

If it's any consolation, that Leo is hot garbage too.

Didn't know Smug played Guilty Gear.

Just throw them, friendo. Or do a string that actually converts into something on hit.

I see. I also tried doing a just guard and I was able to unga out a jab. Also, I'm buffering daryou off that. It's just that I'm shit so nothing comes out.

Get a Hori Fighting Commander if you really want to use pad

Third best waifu, at best.

Aren't these only for PS? I'm on PC.

Another fun one. Beginners lobby. Honestly I find aerial combat so overwhelming. People just iad right on me. Meanwhile, I always whiff my shit if I ever try it.

I'm an idiot.

I'm looking at two, and they look exactly the same, except there's a $30 difference. One from Gamestop, the other Amazon.
gamestop.com/accessories/fighting-commander-4-controller/123451

amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Commander-Controller-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKLFES8

>Also, I'm buffering daryou off that
show me the replay inputs

nevermind. learn to play the game not with ram

That answer is a beginner?

The Gamestop one's out of stock. $40 is about average.

You have some BnB's down? Something to follow up with any hits you might be able to get in quickly? Seems like you're being too defensive, try to observe exactly when opponents end their combo and take advantage of that gap to backdash away from them.
Also stay standing bocking if they're in the air, and crouch if they're on the floor for the most part.

Just play around in practice mode so you can learn how to hit-confirm and also practice anti-airing, you can record inputs for the dummy in order to practice your punishes and counters, as well as combos, take every lost game online as a learning experience, except if it's against a Johnny, fuck that character.

Yeah. May look impressive but he just did his BnB into unga bunga since the ram player doesn't know how to defend

Fuck it then, I'll pay it.

What region are you in, and PC or PS4? I could help out and give you some advice maybe.

>learn to play the game not with ram
i bought for ram. not possible.

>You have some BnB's down?
Yeah but I usually drop them. Mostly combos with daryou in them. Maybe because I 626 it?

USA West PC.

>USA West PC.
I'm east. We could try it out if you want, but I haven't had much luck playing people on the west coast without either some high frame delay or lag spikes.

>>learn to play the game not with ram
>i bought for ram. not possible.
Don't be such a faggot, it's one thing that you're too weak-willed to learn the game with a character that doesn't get instant return on investment, but don't tell other people to drop her.

jtt7
pass: rum

sorry

Can't join because it says I don't meet the connection standard. You can lower it somewhere in the menu, but it did say I'd get 2 bars so the lag might be high like I thought.

4bcx

Frame Data is important, /ggg/

twitter.com/0Dizzle/status/923739719678201856

i'll tell ramfags to drop her every day of the week until they learn universal mechanics.

what a stoner

>
Reminds me of something similar that happened a couple nights ago.

>all that obvious mashing

jesus christ

Does ky even have a weakness? Just played a decent one for an hour and he has a tool for every situation it seems.

Strengths: No real weaknesses
Weakness: No real strengths

His biggest weakness is that he has no particular strengths

GG seems more lenient to a bit of mashing. I don't think it's that terrible in the grand scheme to hit a button 1-2 extra times because you're generally covered by the active/recovery frames of what you want to do anyway.

anyone in here near texas on pc?

every lobby I find on the discord or the built in "search for rooms" is either west coast (average 6-8f delay) or east coast (average FUCKING 15f delay).

Just make your own, I've been making midwest lobbys nightly and they always fill up pretty quick.

doesn't the room disband if the host leaves? not sure how long I'll be playing tonight.

Just make it and pick the option to announce to close room instead of disbanding when you finish so people can finish their matches and then close it. A short room is better than no room.

Yeah that is true, I don't think most people care if a room closes though.

alright fuck it then

midwest lobby PC: mgny

If you're hosting a room always announce to close the room and let people finish their games

This doesn't help me play against him.

It does though

Sure it does. Ky's good at everything but not great at anything. The character you play excels in an area that Ky is only "good" at. You just have to force those situations.

what is this

Oni chichi

bros should i pick up kum, he seems fun and i want a secondary to fuck with

>he

Just do it

my b i forgot

what's with all the ramlethal recently

>recently

Is this story mode any good?

Spamlethal

had less time than I though, this is closed

It's actually a fairly decent anime. Better than Sign's story mode anyway.

Its entertaining even if you don't know the lore of the series.You might want to check out Sign story beforehand. Hope your okay with just watching like its an anime. The arcade mode give you snips of what the characters were doing before the story take place with gameplay.

Ram and the marriage goblin!

ram hat > elf hat

late night ECPC lobby if anybody cares. I missed today's and forgot the new player tournament is tomorrow lol.

id: tupv

I'm going to marry Ram!

>buy a stick
>have to relearn the entire game
Fug

You can do it. Tiny Ram believes in you.

I'll try but it's hard going back to this stage where I can't even do basic motions.

What's especially annoying is how certain Baiken tricks don't work on stick.

I recently bought this game and I'm new to fighting games. I'm stuck choosing a main. So far Slayer, Jam and Kum are the characters that appeal to me the most. Which of these characters would be better for someone that wants to "learn" the game?

The cast all play differently enough from each other that you shouldn't worry about it. Pick a character you like.

Why did you switch? Are you coming from keyboard or pad?

From pad.

Because I couldn't do lots of motions consistently with the d-pad to save my life.

Well, good luck to you with learning. It's going to take you a while to get used to it, but daily practice should get you back up to speed sooner than later. Did you play the game long before switching?

36 hours.

That's about the same amount I had before switching. I think the hardest part of it is shoryuken motions and IADs if you've never used a stick before. They took me a while to get used to compared to everything else. One thing I did to get me used to all the different motions was to go into combo mode and do my characters special move and basic combo missions at least once a day every time I practiced. It helped me with getting the motions and with memorizing all my moves.

I can immediately do half-circle forward motions way better with the stick and feel like DPs are easier too.

My main problem is trying to figure out a button configuration and hand position. Moving around also feels harder. Just tapping a button to jump or double tapping to dash felt a lot easier than tilting a stick twice.

Unfortunately, everyone is different and the grip that works for me might not work for you. I'd say just watch a few videos on grip styles and experiment until you find the one that's most natural feeling for you.

>tfw too low iq for johnny combos

>Want to seriously learn Johnny
>Too low IQ for stance dash treasure hunt

NPL is up.
challonge.com/tournaments/signup/7fXIdKUtvM

Is this the week that /ggg/ takes it?

have you heard of FD or blitz
also you could have used 6HS on his jump or 5S when he was pushed off

>SEVERE corner grinder oki
>honest risc meter stacking
>no real strengths

Yeah, he's good at both of those things, but not great or the best at either.

How do I beat Zato=1 as Johnny?
When he has his pet it feels like I have no real options
Also his unblockables seem kinda cheap

Kill Eddie somehow and then you should be able to move more freely, for example, I'm pretty sure Eddie is still vulnerable when he's in saw so hit him before he hits you. Watch out for drills and know Zato can summon Eddie from the puddles they leave behind. I'm pretty sure you need less openings to destroy him than he needs, use that time you have to look at how he uses Eddie. All unblockables are cheap, Johnny has that Bacchus Sigh (I think?) + Mist Finer after knockdown.
Can't really say much as I don't play Zato or Johnny. I guess just lose until you know how to win.

>unblockable into 3 buttons is cheap
>when johnny gets full johnny combos out of his unblockable

when playing against zato theres really 3 different situations you are in;
zato advancing on you
zato advancing with eddie
zato doing heavy eddie pressure

johnny can actually do really well in two of those situations, because he has very strong anti eddie buttons and specials (2k,2s,mist finer) and naturally will out neutral zato when hes solo. you want to prioritize killing eddie in neutral so zato cant get much of a conversion on his hits if he does get any, and without eddie his neutral is a lot weaker making it easier for johnny to get in.

zato is very strong in the last category, its where he naturally excels. on a kd with eddie meaty, he gets basically 3 mixups that are all high low and potentially throw, and the first two mixups vortex back into itself. there is some counterplay though in some resource intensive areas, johnny with a lot of meter, can super RRC on wakeup to kill eddie, and essentially get out of the mixup situation, and burst will always at least unsummon eddie if you make him block it, and his burst punishes can be very tepid to say the least. His unblockable can be blitzed if you think you know what will hit first, the low or the high.

as the other two said already, johnny kills zato pretty fast, since zatos guts rating is very low, not to mention that zatos defensive options are both quite weak in some categories, and meter intensive. keep in mind that johnny also has really good options to reset pressure with meter and other misc. resources like coins. doing zwei YRC in a string is hard to call out and gets you back in with a high low mixup, and spending coins to reset pressure and make your throw mixup a bit safer to do is quite often a useful solution, especially when you feel you have a surplus of coins.