mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
twitter.com/GSC_GW/status/916030925426880512
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>does anyone have any actual good ideas for missions that are fun to do and complete

Does CoC in its current form have all the repetable quests that named npc's give from the games?

I'd like some kind of function that would limit quest objectives to only 2 zones away max but that might be hard to do for some factions

Something to do with those patches could be a start too

>Picked up the mission to take down the chopper in the swamps
>Just finished up killing bandits in the north
>The chopper somehow hits an anomaly or something and takes massive damage
>Finish it off with 2 buckshot from my Obrez
Never seen that before

1.5? if so i thought they "fixed" that

1.4.22. Hoping they balance some of those "hardcore" changes by the time 1.5 is officially released.

yeah i hope so too

What the fuck does the "Sun quality" setting do?

These scientists were very rude. All I wanted to do was some simple trading but they starting running around and punching me. What's remarkable is that despite wearing no armour, they each took about five headshots to put down.

>monolith
hmmmmm wonder why they did that

Lads I'm currently playing 1.5 R6 CoC, is it worth it to roll back to 1.4.22 or whatever and have it with all the addons?

There's no rolling back really, just have your 1.4.22 version in a different folder than the 1.5R6 version. And I'd say it's worth having 1.4.22, since most mods probably won't get updated for 1.5 anytime soon.

what mod?

I never really played 1.4.22, just wanted to play some stalker recently and saw CoC for the first time. Loving the 1.5 R6 even with just a few addons.
Are there still quests from vanilla games left in CoC?

>five headshots

Is that AO? If so thats why

how do you guys manage weight management in these games. I feel lke I can barely take anything with me. Playing CoC right now and while I don't mid leaving most guns on the ground I still fill up so fast.

Reduce the amount of ammo you carry, bring backpacks for quick emergency stashes to loot later for when you go overweight, put shit that you might use later like excess ammo/grenades/food into stashes like the tower in red forest.

>how do you guys manage weight management in these games

By upgrading suits and not carrying everything i find. Most guns are garbage, only keep high tier guns, you can fix an ak12 with those repair kits for 3000, and sell for 10000 or something, don't keep pistols or a lot of vodka, a bottle of vodka you can drink a few times and it weighs a lot.

I'm gonna waste all day downloading CoC from moddb at 13kb because their servers suck or some shit, wish me luck.

got it. That backpack for emergency idea is really good.

They're also great for making stashes at places you visit on the CoP maps, since otherwise you're hauling shit back to Skadovsk, Yanov or the Laundromat.

Sgm

Take a guess or just try it and find out

Login for better mirrors

What fuckin mod

Don't take everything you see lying on the ground like a fucking gypsy. Decide the loadout you're going to use and stick with it - then be very selective about what you pick up according to two simple rules of thumb:

1) Is it valuable?
2) Will carrying it/these fuck my weight to a point that comprimises me if I meet a Chimera?

That's the script I use in my head when playing ironman, and it helps.

Regarding Rule 1, as this user said, don't bother picking up peasant weapons like M4s and low-tier AKs. Unless you're modding the 'traders don't buy damaged weapons' feature out, you have to repair weapons before selling - so only haul back MGs, modern bolt-action sniper rifles, and 7.62x51 calibre rifles artifacts which fetch ~10,000RU after a repair. You'll make between 9 to 8k profit from each.

As per Rule 2, agreeing with this user , using bags to create caches is good practice. Sometimes you come across a pile of loot but it weighs too much to drag back in one go. Stash it away and make a couple of runs rather than being the greedy cunt who gets pounced by a pack of snorks and can't run away.

Weight management comes down to getting the basics of your equipment right. Regardless of the mod you use, that generally means a shotgun for mutants and a (read singular) rifle for humans. If you like AO, a Vepr/Saiga and the best AK variant you can afford in 7.62x39mm with a grenade launcher is hard to beat.

>VOGs for quickly fucking high-tier mutants

>Ammo is plentiful from corpses and reasonably cheap

>Effective against unarmoured, and effective enough against armoured with AP rounds

>It's not the best at everything, but it doesn't leave you with any extreme weaknesses

With upgrades on weapons and a decent suit, you should only be around the 30kg mark with 90 AP rounds, 30 buckshot and 5 VOGs at any given time. That leaves you plenty of space for picking up high-tier loot from corpses.

Lads, I really enjoyed Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat...

Should I get Clear Sky, or will it only disappoint me?

You already played the worst game in the series so I doubt CS will bother you.

Clear Sky is fine. It needs significant modding to fix some of the more retarded bugs, but it's enjoyable. It doesn't get as much love as ShoC or CoP, so some of the better gunplay mods you're used to won't be there unfortunately.

Good work OP

>I'd like some kind of function that would limit quest objectives to only 2 zones away max

For the love of the zone this, or tie distance and target rank (and rewards) to your own rank; no more sending newbies with rusted shotguns on suicide runs into the heart of the CNPP.

Unrelated, but does anyone know what the "trick" to the economy is in Last Day? My usual CoM moneymaking schemes are outright unprofitable.

You seem to have posted the wrong OP, be careful next time!

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log stalker.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1cnQeURGCjHTRPOGJH8G5ijP1fw5vbVWSE7opABcBpNk
>Mod Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1JPA0hQZVJ6mSvTsp6Sy3CoAkObJOKeoPHEamDC19Lio
>Miscellaneous Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/103nyaAM5PKgBwuZ35jRbv7VM7tEcvi1Scv6boOMe1RM
>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
>Clear Sky
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
>Call of Pripyat
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg

>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ

>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

You seem to have posted the wrong OP, be careful next time!

Kill yourself degenerate weeb

You're late again goddamnit!

Is it possible to get CoC to run in borderless windowed mod? I'd like to alt tab during emissions or to check Veeky Forums occasionally.

Kill yourself degenerate

>first time in rostok
Are... are they blasting a speech by Lenin through their loudspeakers?

Well, thats Duty for you

definitely not, goy.
move on.

twitter.com/GSC_GW/status/916030925426880512

>Finally find a Bear detector to buy off some ecog
>Game crashes in trade
It was never meant to be then

any working multiplayer mod?
soProject is fucked

>hur durr i do this for free so i dont have to explain anything to you

What is he replying to exactly?

The thread was deleted, but basically someone was claiming that armor is shit in higher difficulties in v1.5r6 and asked Alundaio to confirm whether this was true or not and he replied with "You don't know what you are talking about. Stop being a retard"
Several people then replied with "Well why don't you just correct him and give him the details on what happens with armor instead of calling him a retard?"
That screencap is his response to all that

Please help.

What a jerk. Might as well not respond at all if you're going to talk like that, why bother if you're going to be a dick about it?

Stalker doesn't work borderless, sorry.

What do you guys think is the best way to introduce a buddy to stalker? I kinda want him to play Shadow of Chernobyl but I played it a long time ago so I might be too nostalgic about it.

Get borderless gaming
I had to when stalker locked up my computer when alt tabbing

That's the lowest-effort shop I've seen in quite some time

Drip by drip the glass fills up, sooner or later it overflows.
Instead of learning for themselves most people want it done for them.

Give him the quickstart guide, slap him on the ass and kick him out the door.

right

That freedomfag seems like a massive faggot desu

Great, both sides are to blame as I suspected

At first he was fine, literally saying he enjoyed the mod, I guess Alundaio's first response of "Stop being a retard" set him on an autistic stampede.

>sperg out call someone a cuck and be a massive fag in general
>"waaah why are people so mean to me :(("
Fuck off elite elitist.

Don't you guys have problems with the brightness settings? I used windowed mod, but I had to switch to fullscreen because my brightness settings didn't work in windowed mode.

Well yeah you go off of your screen's brightness when in windowed, makes sense.
Never had any issues with that besides OGSE which seems to have naturally fucked up ccontrast.

>Fuck off Elite Elitist
>Screenshot shows notifications for replies from Elite Elitist
I don't think Youtube would notify you of replies from yourself

I wouldn't know because I don't argue on youtube comments like a 14yo autist.

>I don't arguing on youtube comments like a 14yo autist
>Is arguing in a videogame general on Veeky Forums

But Veeky Forums is for true intellectuals like myself. You can go back to youtube and watch your minecraft let's plays.

>using the word "cuck"
Yup, that guy is from Veeky Forums

How can I find basic tools in Coc? Should I search stashes or loot corpses?

Stashes all the way. Just search every stash you can remember the position of across the map, you will find basic tools and the other sets of tools eventually, then just pick your favorite mechanic.

got it, spasibo

You can buy them from traders sometimes

What this user saidbut also some traders sometimes sell tools

>Find more expert tools than any other in stashes
What the fuck even is this? Do expert tools really have a higher chance of showing up than other tools?

>veles screen on a bear detector

>le haapi merchen

The containment board exists for a reason.

>being this triggered over a dumb meme image
Thinking that everything is /pol/ must get tiresome.

>reddit spacing
>replying seriously to an hour old meme post
>muh /pol/
Kill yourself

found the communist jew.

wew

Stashes are choke full of tools. I upgraded 4 mechanics and I still have 4 more complete sets.

>communist jew
I never understood that. In the eyes of the nazi, jews love money but communism aims to destroy the very concept of money. How do they come up with communism=jew?

learn some history ffs, it doesn't hurt.
they did not come up with communism=jew.
but you'll even get more confused when you reach the part where they sent a jews to the gulags.
jews are not united, they've always had their infights.
some groups of them hate other jews more than any /pol/tard does.

Clear Sky is very good, much better than CoP, the only problems it has are bugs, the story is great,it feels a lot more dynamic and natural than SoC or CoP, the AI takes cover and actually shoots from cover which is nice, it has a lot of bugs, but you will get the Sky Reclamation Project and you will be good to go, there are a lot of addons in the SRP folder which don't alter the game too much, there is a "more realistic damage" addon which i would recommend. I wouldn't recommend any weapons packs or any other overhauls, CS with SRP is basically the vanilla experience without the annoying bugs. And if you're first playthrough isn't vanilla you're a faggot.

I'm replying to a two hour old post with this but fuck it.
There is not really a "trick" to the LD economy, I made an image a while ago that illustrates it perfectly.

Most traders give you scraps for items you sell for them, the difference in price from buying to selling is 12x for faction traders and 7.5x for generic ones like Sid.
If you have a lot of loot near faction traders, you either need to tediously carry it to the Cordon or Zaton or take half price for the sales.

Most enemies drop much less shit than they do in Misery CoP, you loot money and stashes from them but that's not really enough to compensate.
Most item prices are increased excessively compared to Misery CoP, medkits, bandages and food will suck up cash the moment you actually earn it, and as mentioned above, you barely find them in actual play from corpses.
Since stashes are generated based on the value of items in CoC, most stashes you find will contain extremely worthless shit like useless filler items, cigs or empty batteries, you will never encounter any actual good loot from them, ever.

Artifacts are excessively cheap in sale and you rarely find them due to "smart" artifact spawn despawning them randomly every hour to simulate stalkers collecting them as if there wasn't a fucking feature in the game already that makes stalkers seek out and find artifacts.
Also there are "new" artifacts with no effects that clog up the regular artifact pool with useless and cheap rocks, they aren't properly implemented, as they aren't invisible and aren't detectable.
You can check an anomaly and walk away since the subtly hidden magic rock wasn't shown on your Veles.

Mutant parts have rather low value, even those from rarer mutants, few traders actually buy them and they weigh too much to carry to Sakharov without excessive boredom and tedium.

The best way to earn cash in LD is doing tasks and cheesing them as much as you can, like constantly refreshing the delivery quests.

>jews want a moneyless-stateless society
>jews dominate international financial capital
>world media is rabidly hostile to anti-capitalism
>world media is owned by jews
>the 'white race' is superior
>the 'white race' is duped by clever jews with superior intellect

Your first mistake is to assume Nazis have some sort of coherent political world-view. The 'Jew' a way for the analytically challenged to deflect anger at systemic problems to a mythical Other.

inb4 'good goy', 'lookwhosbehindthispost.exe' etc. etc.

Jews made communism, Karl Marx was a Jew, Trotsky, Lenin was part jew, most of the members of the Spartacus League in Germany were Jews so thats where the communist jew came from.

Nice job posting a /leftypol/ meme nigger, the swastika isn't even pointing in the right direction.

Tell us friend, is this one the right way around?

I suppose that's fair enough, although Marx only put on paper what the french did in the Paris commune, so technically communism is french.

Yes.

>I'm replying to a two hour old post with this but fuck it

Like we have anything better to do elsewhere, pfff. So yeah, about all that....god why. I'll be the first to point and call someone a casual if CoM is too hard for them, but this shit you've just described took the whole "hard = fun" paradigm and took it eight notches too far.

Is there any mod where I can akimbo pistols?

There's also the problem of some features not even functioning.
The PDA music player crashes your game if you use it and the Metro hand dynamo doesn't spawn in any trader's inventory, at least I haven't encountered it yet and I'm Veteran rank.
There's also leftover textures from that poker minigame standalone mod in the texture folder.
It's a really shoddy mod but it's the best derivative of CoM as of late, so I'm bearing it.

>Implying communism started with Marx
Even if that was the case, Marx was an atheist. Trotsky and Lenin were atheists.

"b-b-but deyr jooz by blood - let me tell you about Gobineau and 'racial theory'".

Stalin wasn't a Jew. Mao wasn't a jew. The the overwhelming majority of Communists over the course of the 20th Century weren't Jews, and even if they were - you'd still be a hilarious cunt that nobody takes seriously.

Most of the top dogs of communist dictatorships were jews though.

To be fair if you could get rich after two days in the zone there'd be way more than a couple hundred of stalkers around.

Not after Stalin had a go at them. The guy was completely free from the burden of religion (or ideology for that matter) when it came to purging people.

Well, the entire appeal of the zone is getting rich quick, it's just that the excessive danger posed by anomalies and mutants as well as the military border around it prevents it from being such an attraction.

Waddup

Well, Stalin was a fucking nutcase for the most part, the shitty governments that communists constructed were ripe with internal struggle and power vacuums.

strm

Nice, what mod?

It's just a standalone weapon+scripts Sin! made, it's on amk-team.ru somewhere.