/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-

>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit, get hype wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/

>Switch
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released, do not update wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
[Oct 2] Pegaswitch released, switchhax framework, 3.0.0 required reswitched.tech/octrelease

>Wii U
[Oct 14] VC injection tool for (S)NES, DS, N64 & Wii released gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/

>Vita
[Oct 14] NoPsmDrm released, allows dumping and bypassing DRM for PSM titles github.com/frangarcj/NoPsmDrm
[Oct 2] VitaShell 1.75 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Sep 22] NoNpDrm 1.1 github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm
-More info pastebin.com/ELptKruf

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
pastebin.com/raw/wRuNrxdb
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/pull/310
youtube.com/watch?v=NSIjeeGirxc
ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi Antenna Replacement/8112
youtube.com/watch?v=NoMUkjZ14AY
gbatemp.net/threads/that-chaos-site-will-close-its-door-definitly-on-nov-26th.487894/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Vita
[Oct 23]PKGI released,allows to install original pkg files,download&unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license

github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases

Please add to op thing or something.I think a Freeshop for Vita is newsworthy.

Is there any way to download an update without connecting the 3DS to wifi? Can I use that freeshop python script in some way to install it with FBI?

I hacked right after the ban wave and never connected to wifi (is there something I can do to be safe?)

Stop being a pussy

Anyone got the new Mario Amiibo Dumps?

3.61+ in 5 hours.

11.4.0-37U, updated to latest luma.

Is it safe to update the system?

Yes
Is it really so hard to come up with new jokes

This is one of the biggest things to happen to vita and the fuckwit OP left it out
Never change

It's possible to do this, as long as someone has put the title key up

How did SciresM figure out the gamecrypto of Odyssey so early? By almost a month.
Any chance for this to happen for Xenoblade 2 as well?
If this actually stats 3.0.0 (almost 100% not happening, but I can dream, right?) I won't update since I don't care that much about Odyssey.

Any good places to get .pdf''s of old strategy guides?

any Mario Odyssey datamining going on?

I used to use Emuparadise to find old scans. You can start there.

Yeah I been there already, it has a decent selection but doesn't have the ones I'm looking for.

>havent touched my 3ds in a really long time
>everything is saying i have to go from a9lh to b9s
if im looking to just use freeshop and all that do I need to do all this and try to deal with compatibility errors or can I update my 3ds like normal?
im on version 11.3.0-36u

Should be good, just dont update.
Make sure you're on pauls freeshop fork too and correct titlekey

oh okay thanks i was wondering why freeshop wasnt updating. good thing fbi is so damn good.

Where can we get a complete pkgi.txt ?

Nevermind, found it:

pastebin.com/raw/wRuNrxdb

Question: i am new to mods and i know my Vita can't be modded for the time being but what kinds of mods are out for the vita?

i am sure it can do everything a modded PSP could do but can a modded Vita play ps2, n64, gamecube, ps3 or 3DS games?

>Can a Vita play PS3 games
come on son

it can stream them but not sure about emulating them.

Is it possible to launch Gamecube games the Wii U menu now?

yes

>can a six year old handheld emulate a console even modern PCs struggle with?
come on son

Is the current Vita PKGI pastebin being updated with new releases? I feel like it's missing a bunch of titles.

A modded Vita can play Vita games that were released before 3.61 came out, as well as PS1 and PSP games. There may be a n64 emulator, but it's not likely to work all that well. Emulators of consoles/handhelds from before that point are more likely to work, but it varies by what you want to emulate. Obviously it's not going to be able to play ps2, gamecube, ps3, or 3ds games. It simply doesn't have the hardware to be able to handle them. With the right programs/homebrew, you may be able to stream them to the Vita from another device, but that's as close as you're going to get.

github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/pull/310
PKGI DLC support soon

>mfw I bought a PS Vita just in time for PKGI

> (OP)
>>mfw I bought a PS Vita just in time for PKGI
How much and where from?

>wake up
>still no USUM leaks

>gamecrypto
What's that?

Bowser is the villain

Have a barely used new 3ds on 9.2 with cfw, where should I sell?

>
>Bowser is the villain
Delet

>late night/early morning
>install a .cia
>have to wait for half an hour
>watch some shit while waiting
>5 minutes left
>get into bed with 3ds waiting for the ls minutes
>put it next to me
>last minute
>next i can remember is me waking up looking at 3ds
>has no energy left
>charge it and try to launch game
>it's a n3ds title

Stop playing minecraft

>minecraft
you wot

taiko v nonpdrm dlc when

If I inject Pokemon G/S in my 3DS.
Can I play and trade with the wireless function with another person with the game?
If not, What is the best way to be able to do it? Normal eshop? Is there any risk? I want to play like that with a friend.

Play HGSS with mods and speedtoggle instead

Should I be looking for a 4.05 ps4?
We don't even know if we can pirate games yet, do we?

even if we could its most certainly guaranteed to be in the same boat as the Vita.

what nods are we talking about?
care to explain or got a link?

>youtube.com/watch?v=NSIjeeGirxc
When installing the vita 3g microsd adapter, this guy says to completely remove the wifi antenna. Would this affect the wifi at all? There's a guide on ifixit to replace the antenna and it looks like several people have followed it.
ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi Antenna Replacement/8112

Is there any reason to have one?

It'll always be inferior to the modded Mai version, since that version has the exclusive Chinese songs.

Reminder that Mai blows NoNPDRM the fuck out when it comes to mods.

ahem
LEA FOR KIRBY,MARIO PARTY,AND ULTRA SUN WHENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Just mods

Grab the official eShop version off of Freeshop or something. You'll be able to trade and battle wirelessly, but only locally.

stop acting like a retar-
>tripcode
do what you have to do.

just buy a sd2vita for 3€/$ from ebay

Can Etrian Odyssey V be downloaded through CIAngel? I think I ended up downloading a DLC pack instead of the actual game.

youtube.com/watch?v=NoMUkjZ14AY

only thing left now is for somebody to data mine the game and look for possible hints at DLC

hop to it, /hbg/.

Reminder updating isn't worth it. Loosing all library built up from release to 3.60 isn't worth just a few 3.61+ games.

Reminder that 3.61+ will happen.

Reminder that it doesn't matter because Vita has no games

>3.61 will happen

Yeah, and a 3.55+ option for PS3 will happen too.

PS3fags can play games newer than 3.55 though.
What doesn't exist is a way to hack PS3s on 3.56+ OFW.

Doesn't it technically exist already as a hardmod or something?

Only for certain models. Newer slims and all ultra slims can never be hacked. The good news is there's kits that don't require soldering shit.

Hardmods exist to downgrade older PS3s. ODEs exist for newer ones.

Fair enough. And also what says.
It's different, Vita only has 2 models, once they figure out f00d, the HAPPENING will come and people here will be HOLY SHITting like it's BotW title key leak.

I should get a PS3 sometime.

>once they figure out f00d
doubt it will happen any time too
But 3.60 is the magic firmware. I doubt that anything newer will ever be hacked - except possibly 3.61, since the kernel bug still exists (patched in 3.63).

*any time soon

Realistically speaking, how long will it take until CFW is established after the Playstation 4 exploit is made public?

Really, all I hope for is that 3.60 hack that allows to bypass firmware checks on newer games or something. Maybe an emuNAND using SD2Vita?

can't do emunand without f00dhax

Switch is on 4.0.1, let's you use a gamecube controller with the adapter

No, I have a bunch of physical games that I like to play. Non-3g models don't have that antenna at all so I guess it's not actually related to the wifi.

>Reminder that 3.61+ will happen.
Of course it will happen.

They will find a way to play 3.61+ games on Henkaku eventually.
I doubt they'll find a way to install Henkaku on 3.61+ anytime soon tho.

>I doubt they'll find a way to install Henkaku on 3.61+ anytime soon tho.
That's the one thing I doubt will happen anytime soon, if ever.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to convert loadiine ready files into something I can install with a WUP installer?

Alternatively feel free to hit me up with one of those Breath of the wild update + DLC mega links

Huh, PKGI is downloading at 90KB/s today while it was downloading at 1MB/s yesterday.

I'm using the latest version (0.5).
Anybody else with this problem?

It's PSN getting shat upon due to hordes of PKGI users.

>falling for the honeypot

gbatemp.net/threads/that-chaos-site-will-close-its-door-definitly-on-nov-26th.487894/
rip

And there goes my 3.0.0.

>betraying /hbg/
Leave.

Why do these faggots do that? "That chaos site", "that iso site". They used to be a GBA ROM hosting site back in the day.

>one of the reasons it closed was due to uploaders not wanting to upload because no adfly links allowed

Fuck those faggots who try to make money off of piracy.

GBATemp got all moral and righteous a while ago. You can't discuss piracy, sites that promote piracy, and so on. Oddly enough they still have a chink flashcard site as their official sponsor.

No point in staying on 3.0.0.

why not?

Also, it was said that newer games require files that are only present on the latest firmwares.

No games.

Is that so? As far as I know it's just some DRM checking shenanigans.

I still believe f00dhax will happen. Either FLOW will step up his game or based chink will come back and grace us with his tempura

it's possible that new firmwares add new syscalls, but DRM is the major problem

flow can't do it and chink really can't do it

how do I name my folders for loadiine DS games?

you guys can go fuck yourselves. shove your filthy ass gamestop used 3ds and vitas up your asses, faggots

Well, from what I've heard, enso IS a F00Dhack by itself. But chink will probably not do anything further with it as there is no real benefit outside piracy.
Also, reminder that he haven't released the source code for it yet (maybe there is something relevant there).

Will do!

>Well, from what I've heard, enso IS a F00Dhack by itself.
According to who? I'm curious about this.
>Also, reminder that he haven't released the source code for it yet
fags

I don't remember where I saw it, could be BS. Also people used to say that "henkaku on boot" would only be possible if someone hacked F00D or some shit.

One thing I want the most out of a potential hack is replacing that shitty UI

Even if it get's hacked you won't be able to play games requiring higher FW.

>Also people used to say that "henkaku on boot" would only be possible if someone hacked F00D or some shit.
bullshit, menuhax didn't need a9lh to work

>and a 3.55+ option for PS3 will happen too.
It did, actually. It requires an already CFW'd PS3, games with updates and abusing system backups with an external drive, but it's there.

>tfw 4.01
What you waiting for, guys? Don't tell me you'd rather not play GOTY with a GC controller.

What should I do with my three Vita memory cards now that I have an sd2vita?

Build a very tiny card tower with them.

>chink really can't do it
Chinks surprised us with the first loadable game last year, Tokyo Xanadu. And the Vita itself uses mobile phone technology, harder iOS have been cracked, it is posible the interest just isn't there yet like says.
Or maybe they're just bidding their time, no point in releasing a crack only for Sony to just patch it again and play the waiting game once more asking for 3.65+

>Also, reminder that he haven't released the source code for it yet (maybe there is something relevant there).
I doub Yiffin' Lube will ever release it. Remember he was a smug jackass during his "contest" and denied to release anything regarding Henkaku. And outright dismissed Cobrabro's work as "not a real programmer" even though he found the first security holes on Vita within release.

Maidump was the same thing as Vitamin, just more polished and with slightly higher compatibility. Nothing at all like f00dhax.

Hey /hbg/, i've upgraded my 3ds from 9.2 menuhax to b9s like two weeks ago but today when i tried to launch the friend list it just won't load or finish loading (pic related), it isn't frozen 3d slider, wifi or launching rosalina works it just get stuck there. tried to look for a solution myself, waiting for 15 minutes, system format without the sd card and even removing nnid from gm9 with no positive results. do you guys have any idea of what is exactly happening and or how to fix it?
btw, seems that it happens with activity log and miiverse too

o3dsxl (U)
b9s
sys 11.6

I did not transfer my former emunand just backed my saves and followed the guide using the old 4gb sd that game with the system, then jumped back to the 16gb one

The very first "mai" dump that Chink released predated Vitamin, it was Tokyo Xanadu. What I'm saying is that chinks are good at cracking shit if the interest is there.