>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X_n0CKyXa5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i wish they had a version with a red cloak

Dye it with the blood of bluecucks.

heide set would be even edgier than fallen knight if it was black instead of white 2bh

>heide knights have arrows stuck in their helmets

Sulyvahn did nothing wrong

Is it time again?

>come back to dark souls 3 after a long break
>start new character
>level up and upgrade weapons relentlessly without giving a second thought to proper levels
>beat each boss with relative ease and have fun with the bosses
I get it now. The game was only hard and I got OHK'd only because I was holding back my character progression to being able to connect with players.

I love Dark Souls Two and so do (You)!

I only loved majula and the DLC's

hello darkness my old friend

What are the best weapons to infuse raw?

I bought ds3 in the sale, beat Solomon Grundy, quit and started up ds2. Shit, it got me hooked bad.

Your character is cute. Wanna hang out?

Anybody on PS4 can help me transfer a ring or give me a Hunter's Ring??

I will never ever give up elite knight set and claymore

My nigger

Unpopular opinions
Dragon God is a good boss

DS2 or 3?
In 2 all the weapons with no scaling: Black scorpion stinger, Santier's spear, Black Dragon weapons, Bluemoon GS, Old Knight Hammer, Malformed stuff.
In 3 there's only a few choices, namely Flamberge, Dragonslayer Axe, Broadsword. It only works at lower levels, there's no reason to raw infuse weapons when you have sufficient fth/int or more than 20 str/dex (on most weap).

>unpopular opinions
Saying this is just pointless padding. An opinion being popular or unpopular has no weight in arguments whether something in good or not.

Dragon God isn't a terrible puzzle/gimmick boss, it's certainly better than Ancient Wyvern, but it's one of those "fights" where your build doesn't matter, your chosen character / equipment for the most part doesn't matter and it goes pretty much the same way every time. I don't mind it because it's the only example of it in it's own game, but it's general design is in my opinion very unwelcome in Souls where a lot of emphasis is on building and outfitting your character.

If you have a FTH or INT char, most low reqs. weapons are great with their respective school buffs.

I'm glad you're having fun user

>it's certainly better than Ancient Wyvern

Yeah. Dragon God isn't deceptive about the mechanics of the fight. You cannot hurt Dragon God via normal means because you cannot reach it, you can only shoot it with a bow but it does no damage. The arena of Dragon God is linear so it guides you naturally to where you need to go to hurt it without having to place "PLUNGING ATTACK" messages all over the level because the developers weren't incompetent hacks and know how to direct players without explicitly spelling it out via multiple dev messages.

There are also no other monsters in the game that are similar to Dragon God but you can damage via regular means unlike there are of Ancient Wyvern.

Ancient Wyvern is a massive shitstain because it's a gimmick boss where the developers can't communicate the gimmick naturally and aren't consistent about things you can and can't harm with normal attacks.

user it's obvious the way to beat Ancient Wyvern is to attack its neck/feet, stop being obtuse

or you could admit both are shit without arguing which piece of turd smells better
gimmick boss fights are always shit

Doing a no roll Fume and I got to say, this is pretty fun. I may do a no roll playthrough.

>gimmick boss fights are always shit
Not all of them are shit. Most fights in Demon's Souls for example were gimmick fights, but the difference between a gimmick fight such as Gargoyles / Maneaters is that in those fights your build / character still matters. The boss has a gimmick to it, but it doesn't invalidate the gameplay in the fight.

I liked the chariot.

>1s attempt
>sprint right
>you died
I lasted 2 seconds.

Chariot is a great boss.

The Chariot is one of the best gimmick boss fights in the series. It's pretty gimmicky but you still get a straight fight, it has actual combat and you can defeat the chariot in multiple different ways, none of which are an instant with button with no effort required on your end.

Chariot > Micolash > Old Hero > Greatwood > Storm King >>>>>>>>>>>> Wolnir >>>>>>>Dragon God/Bed of Chaos>>>>>>>>>>>> Ancient Wyvern as far as gimmick bosses go.

>no Yhorm at the absolute lowest tier

Yhorm is garbage but I didn't include all gimmick bosses. Besides, as shit as Yhorm is, you still can fight him normally, the mechanics are there. It's just completely worthless to do so because the instant win button the game provides you makes killing Yhorm normally a completely self imposed challenge you don't get anything out of.

You're retarded

In your opinion what is the best perseverance weapon?

Great arguments buddy.

fuck preserverence
why were they okay with giving every fucking hammer the same weapon art

I mean, I think the reason I dislike Yhorm so much is that you get so hyped out for it, like Profaned Capital is a great level in my opinion and the opening cutscene has this giant with a fucking machete embering up and you think you're gonna get a great fight like you had with the previous lords of cinder

but then you either chip damage him or nuke him down in 4 WAs

It's such a god damn disappointment

No arguing with retards

>tfw no more saves
I think I had 8 characters, each with specific build and items
I miss my Gael cosplay the most, I had fun going through the game and the dlc in coop and helping people

It's been month since I last played the game, is there any new updates ?

>great fight like you had with the previous lords of cinder
Yeah no. Properly fought Yhorm is a better fight than anime watchers, and Aldrich if you already fought him at that point. Not saying it's good, just the others are pretty bad.

Abyss watchers is great, the only bad thing about that fight is how quickly it ends. Aldritch is okay aside from the gay arrow magics

Yeah, Yhorm is shit as he is now. If they balanced him to work without Storm Ruler and tied Stormruler to Siegward's appearance in the bossfight it would've been one of the best fights in the series. Now if you fight him without the SR you're basically a retard and you get nothing out of doing so.

youtube.com/watch?v=X_n0CKyXa5k

what do I think of this?

I really disliked watchers because of how hyped they were, and how shit it was.
>Oh look more are waking up as expected
>They start fighting each other
>Muh 2nd health bar
>But it's the same thing again
Yhorm at least looks imposing as fuck and his 2nd phase looks amazing.
I don't rate Aldrich well because he literally can't hit you if you stick close, and the arrow shower is just unnecessarily tedious.

I guess I'm just massively biased towards watchers because I'm an artorias fanboy and I like humanoid bosses the most, my favorite DS3 bossfights were, from best to not best, Champ, Pontiff, NK 2nd phase, Watchers

>Champ, Pontiff, NK 2nd phase, Watchers

holy bad taste

I personally didn't like any those at all, except Sully, and Artorias is my favourite DS1 boss. Gael is the epitome of the big guy with sword fight from 3.

I disliked the Watchers before I actually played the game and the fight with them was actually engaging and the second phase was dope. The thing that I'd complain about is that they're really earlygame for a Lord of Cinder fight. If I was the game director for Dark Souls 3, I would've put Farron Keep to around where the Cathedral of the Deep is and the Cathedral where Farron Keep is. I would also make it so that Irithyll Dungeon is accessed from Smoldering Lake instead of Irithyll so that the fork that takes you to Yhorm is more substantial.

Currently Dark Souls 3's design with the Cathedral housing a mandatory key in a missable area and a Lord of Cinder in the direct path of progression is dumb because it doesn't allow you any choice in the order of the 4 big bosses you're supposed to go defeat.

>Yhorm at least looks imposing as fuck and his 2nd phase looks amazing
And what good is it when you beat him in 4-5 Stormruler WAs ?

>Gael is the epitome of the big guy with sword fight from 3
I don't mind, I like fights against "guys with swords" especially in Dark Souls where the non-human enemy bosses tend to be either wolves or dragons and I hate dragons, they're the most boring fantasy creature to me.

It's fine. Not as striking as the original SoC theme in my opinon. What made that theme great was the callback to Gwyn's theme. This is a really high moment in DS3, and while I found the numerous references to DS1 thrown at my face grating after a while, it really struck a cord there.
It was somewhat minimalistic, subtle but present. As we fight the Soul of Cinder, an amalgamation of all the undeads that linked the flame -Even ourselves, perhaps- a single figure rises out of the numerous faces incarnated in the SoC to defend the fading flame, a single voice, theme that we can recognize out of this tormented chorus: Gwyn. It was badass and if the piano weren't as minimalistic as it is it wouldn't have made the same effect.
In this remix it is barely recognizable with all of the epic rock music and whatnot going on in the background. I'm not very found of it.

Just don't use SR. I didn't even know it existed until I finished the fight and picked it up. No clue that it could have been used agaisnt Yhorm since it only mentioned Greatwood in its description until someone brought it up on here. Stop using wikis.

I wish there was like 5 or 6 abyss watchers murdering each other, with a big shared healthbar.
And yes DS3 linear progression is the worst thing about this game.

>stop using wikis
>he didn't play DeS

It's alright but not something I'd listen in DS

Sounds more like a Castlevania song

In either case, you're denying yourself what would be an acceptable boss fight, instead of butchering it into one of the worst.

I meant Gael is an excellent fight agaisnt a big guy with a sword.

>lmao just don't use it
I didn't look it up from the wiki, I realized something was up when my weapon was doing absurdly low damage and I found the SR by investigating the bossroom.

"lmao just don't use it!" isn't an excuse when not using the Storm Ruler is utterly inefficient compared to the instant win button they provide for you without having to work for it.

It's like saying Dark Souls 2 can't be criticized for being piss easy just because Covenant of Champions exists.

>you're denying yourself what would be an acceptable boss fight instead of butchering it into one of the worst

No, Fromsoft did that. You can hit Yhorm's head / hands sure, but it only really works with certain weapons and the window to hit his hands / head is very small and the damage you're doing is still nowhere comparable to deleting him with the Stormruler.

If the developer gives you a hard but legit way of beating the boss and then gives everyone a free of consequence instant win button the bossfight might as well not exist.

But to this day even ENB doesn't understand how that boss works.

This kind of logic means nobody should do SL1 runs, or any kind of challenge runs. They give you a means to level up so why even challenge yourself not doing so? Everyone should use the same strat to clear the game because it's proved the most efficient. Might as well go play something else if you don't like any kind of challenge.

Currently using an Dragon's Long Sword+2, but struggling with dmg. What do you guys recomend? Leveling an Mirdan Hammer? Winged Spear?

>finish the game doing a sl1 no rolling no parrying no running no weapons run
>"impressive"

>beat yhorm without using sr
>"why even"

He's taken a lot of breaks playing the game. Before his current run he hadn't played DeS in almost a year. Unless he played it off camera which I suspect because he was sick of souls for the better part of the year.

Just saying, maybe you would come to appreacite the boss a little more if you actually bothered fighting him, instead of just saying "I can lmao3shot him so why bother".

>tfw started this shit by talking about dragon god
Why is Bramd such comparative garbage? Shit is too heavy, does like 200 damage less than DBS but has higher stat requirements. Also, why is Mornes hammer like this too, what is with From throwing their Garl Vinland/Leroy's under the bus

>tfw started this shit by talking about dragon god

Don't feel bad, this is good discussion

This, I dont think anyone is really upset here, just healthily contrasting points of view .

He did like three or four NGs this time.

>"I like humanoid bosses the most"
>Friede is nowhere to be found on your poor taste list
Hmm, ok then.

I don't have the dlc

Where are you in the game? Have you got the lordvessels?
There's a lightning spear at Sen's Fortress that solved this problem for me

>This kind of logic means nobody should do SL1 runs or any kind of challenge runs

Surely you understand the difference between committing to a self-imposed challenge run and the developers providing you a literal instant win button to completely invalidate a bossfight ?

Challenge runs are cool and I support them, but the game should also be challenging on it's own without you having to create self-imposed challenges to make it so.

>Might as well go play something else if you don't like any kind of challenge.
The game should present the challenge by creating a bossfight that's challenging to beat and then form the in-game rules of the game to keep it a challenge. It's not a challenge if you invalidate it by giving players an instant win button they don't have to work for or compromise their build in order to achieve. People say magic is easy mode in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 and they're correct, but making a magic build means committing to it and spending time in creating that build.

The Stormruler in Yhorm fight is directly catering to the crowd that wants there to be a button to skip a bossfight so that they can enjoy the story.

Might as well not have bought the game then. Most of it is pretty underwhelming withotu the DLC. I think the only bosses I actualyl loved from the base game are Sully and Homo princes.

I figured I'd just buy it later

That was 2 months ago

I understand where you're coming from, just saying some people who have never even fought Yhorm properly instantly go "lmaoworstboss!". I don't think it's fair to rate a boss withotu actually fightning it, even if there is a cheese strategy. This would actually make Manus one of the worst fights in the series because you can use a bow without compromising your build to shoot him from above until he's dead.

Get on that shit, ringed city is top tier and ashes has Friede at least and a cool frozen world to explore

Still on my quest for MAX EARS

I have to find a good FTH weapon that is not Crux, but I am enjoying RHH a lot

Whats a good weapon/tool to catch runners with in DS3? Seems like people just puss out when you chuck a Lloyds tali at em.

It could be the best goddamn bossfight ever but it's automatically invalidated when the game gives you an item that allows an immediate and easy passage through him without having to sacrifice anything on your part as a player.

There's no tension when all the challenge of that fight is self-imposed. There's no struggle or sweat off your brow like with Ornstein and Smough because there's absolutely no risk on your part as a player. If the Stormruler only appeared in the fight with Siegward and you would automatically get it if he died, Yhorm would be entirely acceptable because at the very least you would have to do Siegward's quest and keeping Siegward alive in Yhorm's fight by tanking Yhorm is engaging enough that it would be substantial gameplay.

running SS/CS attack

What best curved big sword for quality?

This would be pretty fucking epic desu.

xbows
Surprisingly efficient when needed.

I think DBGS is the only buffable weapon with innate magic damage
Probably OWCS or harald. Kumo and ccgs are dex, exile is str

I actually fucking hated Chariot because of the run to it, still one of better bosses in the DaS2 shitpile though.

>He doesn't know Ciaran gets special dialogue if you wear the Artorias ring

Artorias' Cockring?

>this would actually make Manus one of the worst fights in the series because you can use a bow without compromising your build to shoot him from above until he's dead

The difference here is that to do that you'll have to exploit a glitch / oversight on the developers' part and if you're doing it with a low damage bow / no scaling you're going to be using literal hundreds of arrows to do that. It's also a bigger hassle to cheese him than it's to fight him normally if you're regularly leveled.

If we're including glitches into the discussion then literally every boss in the franchise ever is going to be invalidated because there are incredibly few bosses that can't be glitched to death.

Manus and False King Allant can both of cheesed to a ridiculous extent but neither of these either were developer-intended ways to cheese and FKA cheese with Poison Cloud requires care and patience, if you fuck up and alert him he will come and mess your shit up.

With Yhorm the developers gave you a clearly intended instant win button so you can invalidate Yhorm as a bossfight without sacrificing anything and it's indisputably the most efficient way to deal with the boss. Storm King, the Demon's Souls boss that the Stormruler was originally was used for, is actually better do defeat using a bow and in NG+ and beyond, the Stormruler is really underpowered way of defeating the boss because it has no scaling and loses efficiency really fast compared to a good bow with white / holy arrows. Still, even the Demon's Souls Storm King is bad design because you can use the little shack in the arena to be pretty much invulnerable to the storm beasts AND the storm king.

Also I'm not saying Yhorm was the worst boss ever. It's a very simplistic boss if you try to fight him normally but his design, the music and the atmosphere in the fight is god-tier.

He would be a high point of the game if the developers didn't have such a massive disparity in terms of how little damage you do to him if you fight him normally, and if you use the instant win button you don't have to work for.

Thanks for that, did not think about that weapon.
I got to find points to stack points tho

I Cleared StoneFang, managed to get to Boletaria 4-4 but i didn't killed the Dragon nor Old King, Killed the Fool's Idol in Latria but couldn't get past the Man Eater because of low dmg, and currently trying to clear Valley of Defilement 2-2 as an alternative. Didn't tried the other map, i must be 40 Soul level or so, Royalty Class, put my souls in Endurance and Str.

>Royalty Class
Get Crescent Falchion and Kilij from 4-1 (Shrine of Storms) if you're going Dex / INT.

If you're going STR, there's a Crushing (Heavy) Battle Axe +1 in the first level of StoneFang tunnel, in the building where the nigger throwing big rocks at you is, you have to go up an elevator where there's a fat clown that has whip and fireballs and the Crushing Battle Axe is somewhere on the upper floor.

>his design, the music and the atmosphere in the fight is god-tier.
This was my point on all along, he's mechanically mediocre but very good otherwise, so you're just denying yourself the experience if you SR cheese him.
I agree that it's retarded that the develops would give you an instawin button, that's why I personally won't use it. It's like dropping Ceaseless Discharge into the abyss, regardless of the quality of the fight. The kind of thing I'd only do if I'm trying to speed through the game at low level.

>current DS3 run as sorcerer with absolutely no str/dex investment
>Google a bit about build ideas
>"Dude sorcerer lmao go quality and then respect at sl120"
>"just go ninja and invisible backstab and poison mist everything"
>Fuck that, going to spam the shit out of these soul arrows
>get a fire dagger
>Soul greatsword and stab the shit out of furry invaders at SL30

So far, sorcery has been THE shitter-shatter for me. hitting a red mid-air as he tries to jump a ledge to safety for a quick sippy was more than satisfying.

farron flashsord and soul greatsword for king mixups my man

pure sorcery is totally fun awesome and viable user, don't let weenies tell you otherwise.

I used a CMW buffed longsword to deal with the demon prince(s) because of their/his ridiculous HP though

I bought the season pass for DaS3 ages ago but I eventually lost interest in the game, are the DLCs any good?

I've enjoyed most of the Souls DLC in general but I have not even looked at the DaS3 DLC yet

The DLCs are competent. Ashes is pretty meh but TRC is really good. Both are worth playing and have a lot of good weapons.

Man, Heide Knight's Helmet looks excellent with Alva's. Pity tho'. I've arrived in the castle now, so I'll be getting the iconic set soon.