Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dsoft20/psx_retroshader
youtube.com/watch?v=muRhea-JaIM
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2017
youtube.com/watch?v=IWjmXkv8jaI
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZNJoPY7-yk
youtube.com/watch?v=RXv0wFjffYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how do you make a devil daggers "look" for your game?

opinions on this?

download this shader for unity:
github.com/dsoft20/psx_retroshader

remember to animate with PRINCIPLES

Reminder to stop letting shitposters make the OP. Report the thread for being 50 posts early.

remember to report people who announce their reports

>pic
t. bokudev samefagging again

does having a fucked op that no longer even tries to hide it now qualify as "board culture"?

as a core feature? ridiculously ambitious, don't get your hopes up. what do the unity devs say about it?

yes hello is this the meme central

I'm pretty sure they're just talking about this at 10:44 :
youtube.com/watch?v=muRhea-JaIM
nothing mindblowing

A good game engine is like a clean canvas with a brush and paint

First for trying to develop a style that requires basically no effort on my part.

wait they started talking a bout tilemap in 2015? how come it's not in unity 5.6 and it's only in unity 2017?

mite b cool

flash/10

AGDG lewd jam
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2017

I agree, this is why I use Godot

okay fags, I made a video recording of my first game ever made in game maker, back in 2010.
pls rate.

youtube.com/watch?v=IWjmXkv8jaI

I'm shooting for a flash style game that has years worth of gameplay dev put into it that's priced at like $10. I'm willing to gamble on putting a lot of effort into the game but focusing on areas I actually care about. We'll see.

I should try it one day

It's a lewd jam, that's for sure. But it is not AGDG

where's your 2017 game

>24 posts
>12 posters

what kind of lewd game are you making

OP trying to bump the thread to make it look more active than it is. It's the shitposter way.

>it's impossible to post twice on Veeky Forums in almost an hour

It looks fun

>manually drawing a polygon
>""""procedural"""" shape

ok then they do some spline shit to give it some shape. might be useful for 2d games but yeah it's nothing mindblowing

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZNJoPY7-yk

>tfw you were watching this on 2010
>tfw still a begginer
>tfw nowhere near this
>le talent is not real meme

>le talent is not real meme
fuck off shitposter.

>shitposting samefag is a frogposter
who woulda thunk

eh, tiled 9patches are genuinely useful for sprite art, it's actually how I have them implemented

all this stuff is useful but I'm not sure why it needs to be builtin per se

I was following tutorials in C & SDL in 2010, now I'm making videogames. The big difference is that I was learning from that.
If you're just watching without understanding what he's doing, you won't learn.
Still that video is pretty inspiring so I'll thank you on that.

>looking for a dev to watch on twitch
>click on a game
>its 3D dev
>immediately close stream

Stop following me wizard shits!

>click on vg
>search agdg
>scroll down
>last post is some idiot shitposting
>close agdg for rest of the day
thanks pal more progress on my game

Added barrier. Finally, something defensive.

if you closed it how did you make that post

After 2 hours we finally get progress.
Thank god for you yesdevs.

nice green & black monochrome

I posted like 2 hours ago with progress as well though.

My bad I didn't see that post

It's cool dog. I just looked and that was actually 6 hours ago. Where is the time going?

>leaderboard got destroyed by japanese characters and a unicode umbrella
>have to make multiple fallback font assets for every single language/unicode block if I want to prevent this

Do any /agdg/ posters speak languages other than English? We could help translate each other's games into multiple languages. You can't work 100% of the time on your own game, quality will suffer, you need to punctuate it with bursts of other activity.

here:
youtube.com/watch?v=RXv0wFjffYE

>tfw I'm the nerd with the umbrella and Japanese characters in my name
heh, sorry about that

A ты им дoвepяeшь? He дyмaю, чтo выйдeт чтo-тo кaчecтвeннoe в любoм cлyчae.

I wish people were more open with their devving here, posting code and going in depth about mechanics, most devs just treat the threads as their twitter screenshot dump.

if i post in depth posts here with paragraphs written no one will reply. its too much effort for nothing

Opinions on remaking popeye?

If I'm translating a game, I'm translating mine.
I'm fluent in english, french native, and I used to be fluent in spanish, I just forgot half of the vocabulary I used to know.

I'd do that more if people asked me about it, most of the time, you end up finishing something and just posting the visual conclusion of it, because in the end that's what people will see in game.

Also this, way too often they just go un-noticed.

yes

I'd recommend asking because of what said

I got some gameplay element ideas last night. If I'm doing a sunken Cthulhu/Aztec temple I can totally just throw magic and shit into that. Go full tomb raider.
Maybe the character is a fucking nerd and has the ability to speak runes to interact with puzzles the temple has left to judge the worthy.
I also upped the res so I can start some rough animations. I'll probably add a couple camera rails scripts to more dynamically move the scale of the camera, and final sprites will be full res anyway. This change broke all my jump and mass tinkering from earlier.
also I did a little autism about air particles emitted to character buoyancy cause I was bored.
also the character is an otter for now I guess

I hate that I actually laughed at this.

copyrighted material mate.. don't do that

Hopefully people would only offer translation to/proofreading of their native language.

c'est toi qui poste des images de Kaamelot tout le temps
je t'ai à l'oeil

copyright expired in yuropoor though.

>mixels
Why do you do this?

c'est pas faux

No problem, I just find it silly that the Japanese language requires FOUR font assets (punctuation, hirigana, katakana, kanji/romaji). English and Cyrillic only take one each.

A little Spanish, but it's been so long and I never got too deep into it.

so this is the power of agdg?

Idk if you're being ironic. The only color is green, black and white are shades.

"Monochromatic color schemes are derived from a single base hue and extended using its shades, tones and tints. Tints are achieved by adding white and shades and tones are achieved by adding a darker color, grey or black."

One hue and all its shades + Black + White

Why not just limit input to ASCII?

Also to add up on that, I have the same opinion as , if people ask for help concerning translation, I'd help. I just wouldn't work on someone else's translation.

I read and appreciate all progress posts I see, I just don't bother replying if I have nothing to add.

I literally just resized the images by two bruh come on have a little patience
if you mean rampant buoyancy calculation autism before any developing gameplay, setting, or art then yes

>resized the images by two bruh
What's a bruh?

It's a leaderboard that pulls from Steam usernames, so the input isn't game-specific. If a Japanese user opened the game, their leaderboard entry would just be a series of rectangles.

about 10 brehs

How about a risk like game but on a more personal level, where you populate castles/dens/other land marks with soldiers that you can personalise and talk to while you slowly conquer the world?

In that case you could apply romanization to their usernames. Same with Cyrillic, accented letters, etc.

By the way, I have the game in windowed mode, and when I close the game using the X while solving a cube, the save is deleted and I can't resume it. It only saves when I return to the menu first.
There should probably be an autosave every time a number is changed by the player, to prevent possible cheating, or at least save when the game is closed.
There should also maybe be a closing confirmation popup when closing with the X, instead of closing immediately.

He could also replace every name with Bob

Optimization!!! thats 16x32x16 x 16^3 blocks only 2 mil tris.

that's actually kind of a neat solution

that's not how language works user

forgot pic

Thank you. This is very useful for me.

Dealing with multiple scripts inevitably results in a compromise that at least one person is unhappy with.

What's the average frames per second for your game?

That's actually a neat solution, but in my case it's faster to just add more fallback font sheets. I can display the characters just fine, but they need to be defined. That system would require defining the characters AND defining their romanization.

Good catch, I didn't think anyone would notice that saves were half-implemented. I'll push autosaves sometimes soon. Probably not tonight, though.

1000 or so last time I checked, it's probably worse now.

it's a bruhth of fresh air that's what it is

>it's faster to just add more fallback font sheets
I agree.

What, if anything, are your plans for handling Zalgo text?

You mean seconds per frame

Is it even possible to have Zalgo text in a steam name?

30 fps, the human eye can't see beyond that so no point in going for any highter.

>tfw too many game ideas

>4 days left for Halloween Jam
>haven't started yet
P-post motivational i-images please

Testing the spider spawning system by spawning bushes, looks kinda cool

7 years and virtually no progress? Sad.

computations are running 1000 fps but i only render frames with 23.98 fps because there's no need going higher than that

that's like claiming fur elize is a shit song because is simple/easy.