/ng/ Nioh General

dead edition

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
>pastebin.com/aUkgEegD (embed) (embed) (embed)
>imgur.com/a/Cf4ca

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed)

Major new shit
>More than 2 item shortcut pages available! Buy them from Tome with patronage points, adjust how many you want in settings
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit
>Can now play levels with specified friendos at the Torii gate
>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/75xdna/quickdraw_loop_w_single_katana/doa61ts/
youtube.com/watch?v=JORFsLKiF94
youtube.com/watch?v=1VujJH9c0rY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do nips love Nobunaga so much?

He's the Hitler of Japan.

Played with my Hayabusa build and it's so much fun. I haven't been at A agility since WotSam and I forgot how fast paced it feels

hitler/george washington

I am the hollow thread
I am the hollow thread
many times I 404'd
many times I'll 404 again

I think hes a bit worse then hitler in another way

considering if he didnt die, japan would be more like other asian countries and possibly lack culture identity

I can't even put this on, what should I put then?

>Hitler
More like Cao Cao of Japan

best blank 1kat for crafting? bizen osafune looks allright but is one better than others?

>Kicking Tachibana Muneshige and Honda Tadakatsu's ass twice, both of them are the Strongest Warrior of East and West of Japan respectively
>Kicking Otani Yoshitsugu's ass until he died
>Kicking Shima Sakon's ass until he disappeared twice
>Kicking Ishida Mitsunari's ass into submission
>Getting your ass kicked by Nobunaga at first, but able to take revenge rematch by kicking him and his wife's ass on his grave
>Akechi Mitsuhide turned himself into his samurai form to offer you a chance to kick his ass
>Kicking Date Masamune's ass thrice and his retainers until they join your force
>Kicking Sanada Yukimura's ass twice and his Ten Braves (thrice if you count kicking his ass in the afterlife)
>Kicking Toyotomi Hideyori and his mother's ass twice, dead and alive
>Also kicking Takeda Shingen's dead ass with some of his retainers

>Cannot kick Toyotomi Hideyoshi's ass, dead or alive, AT ALL.

What the fuck KT

Dodanuki Masakuni unless you have 5pc Futsu or something

its not blank and i dont know if care about nullify weakening weapons because

>getting hit

So is luck nerfed now or something, killing stuff in WotN missions with 555 Luck and just getting gold, why they gotta do this for.

How the FUCK do I still see players in WotN who don't know how to fight the boss in The Source of Evil. Have they never fought him properly themselves or did they really hit the feet for 2 hours

Osafune Kanemitsu then

I never relied on luck

well i guess you're just a cuck.

That rhymed.

How do I gut gut at using iai/sotc?

water wheel or chidori or tornado for mid stance spear?

>nioh isn't about historical fiction
sure, a game with 90% historical accuracy excluding mythological elements isn't about historical fiction.

>abandoning weapon variety
because the chinese didn't have tons of kickass shit like the 3 section staff, hooked swords, meteor hammer/rope darts, chain whip, steel darts, semi-automatic crossbows, or the flying guillotine, right? Oh wait, they did.
Even then their approach to the more mundane weapons is different. Chinese have the double edged straight sword, with techniques that are much more sophisticated and difficult to master than the single edged sabre or katana.

how doy do that fast iai strike after parries that allow chaining human bosses?

I put Tornado on mid and low. If you really want all three to have something different use the kick on low I guess.

In my experience Chidori is too hard to set up. You can only launch humans and if you whiff you're locked in the animation, which will go over almost every enemy's head. Not to mention the move itself has pathetic range. If the human isn't out of ki they're just going to move out of the way or something, or your attacks are going to get deflected and you won't be able to do it. You should just do something else and then grapple them.

Tornado is easily the best choice. If Spearfall didn't complement the High Quick Attack combo so well I would have it on all three.
Unlike Chidori it has a shockwave that attacks all around you, and then the spin lasts long enough to kill a few enemies at once if you're surrounded. Quite a few times while using auto lock on I've killed one enemy with the shockwave, the next with the spin, and a third with the strike at the end.

have you not unlocked the last level of techniques, yet? Iai III lets you instant iai on ki pulses.

use them when you ki pulse as part of your combos. unlike Iai stance you don't need upgrades to do SotC off of ki pulse. I don't think it's as fast or powerful, though. Iai also gives you the option to have tiger sprint on one of your stances, which is useful if you want to do it to continue your combo to the next enemy.

does enlightenment affect groundfires at all?
I've never used them but I definitely would if you can make them instant.

No

sometimes i get a ki pulse after backwave tempest, most of time i dont

i guess i keep practicing

that's fair enough
it's piss easy to get enemies to run into it anyways. I just tested it out and I like that it procs poison better than any other effect.

how do i make sure the enemy falls down on the ground after iai?

reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/75xdna/quickdraw_loop_w_single_katana/doa61ts/ maybe this will help

how do i get a yasakani earlier in ng+

you can farm it at Sanada's Resolve on Way of the Samurai, in DLC 3. You could also just do the other two DLCs, I think there's a guaranteed drop somewhere. I've always gotten one doing the second DLC at some point but I'm not sure where.

Anyways, Sanada's Resolve is the quickest way if you just want to get it asap
Right at the start there is an amirta that always drops an exotic or divine accessory, and Yasakani is a possible drop at the spot. You just load the level, kill one dweller, grab the accessory, and use himorogi branch to leave. There's really no other reason to use a himorogi branch ever so it's not really that wasteful.

As a bonus you get a bunch of other divine +3 accessories to choose from until you get the yasakani. One of them is bound to be a good fit for you.

thanks user , trying now

took me a while but now i can do marobashi with that, thanks

It took me a while to get my first Yasakani with Sanada's Resolve, but once I did get it I got two more right afterward.

I use spearfall for high and pole kick for low. I have a good sakon spear so tornado does decent damage but it feels too slow for faster enemies.

Is it viable to have a hammer build?

What's a good guardian spirit combo with a Hayabusa build? Thinking of Kato/Aya-komori

These guys seem to run Janomecho/Nurarihyon which seems a bit strange
youtube.com/watch?v=JORFsLKiF94
youtube.com/watch?v=1VujJH9c0rY

>hammer

only really okay vs humans

better use axe instead

Maybe at a certain point the oneshot protection janomecho offers is more important to people than kato damage

nurarigramps is your grandfather and should be run at all times, regardless of build

wait, hammer and axe are different?

not moveset wise

just a difference between ki damage in general and damage

stop being dead

I think it's pretty good. The shockwave has some range to it so just use it before they get too close. The point is to get enemies off your ass if you're getting surrounded. If they're really too fast just give them a good old mid strong attack combo.

besides what other user said, they also scale more from Body than Stamina while Axe is the other way around.

how do you bust namahage horns with tonfa?

maybe the uppercut?

hitbox actually seems pretty low to me

i know the game isn't open world but does it at least have some kind of a """firelink shrine""" that you can chill in between missions? as useless as they are they really make a game much more comfier than being either in menu or in a mission

well you can stay in the black smith menu or something

Blacksmith or teahouse if you like bald men with beards.

>wotn bovine demon

literally WHAT were they thinking

i guess they were thinking that it would be a really sick challenge that would make you feel like a real mad cunt when you finally stomped it

Is it possible to transform into Yukimura with the white coat?

no sadly

>tfw yokai realm'd the 100 man melee
didn't even use a quick change scroll, my homie was a monster

carried

i've completed it before solo so no biggie

>way of the samurai

>way of the nioh

smaller version of this guy for yokai?

Is the smithing text for the Great Halberd of Hihiragi only dropped in the Murky Demon Realm?

nope

I tried hundred times for the smithing text in Cursed Doppelganger mission, but the text still won't come out.

desire sensor son

just farm uncle hanzo

He's probably crying over no Ming China. Too upset to fight

Is Hanzo only on floors past 30? Haven't cleared Queens Eyes in WotN, so I can't go that far

floor 4 senpai red boat

fug

>decide to just forge the last piece i need for my set
>use 10 divine fragments since i got so many
>item comes out purple
>try again
>purple
>use up my last rare material
>purple again
>10% chance for purple and 86% chance for divine

the stuff is easy enough to farm, but still shitty to have that happen so many times in a row. Desire sensor indeed.

They tried to make Lady Tsukiyama's (Ogress) death seem sad but the actual story seems pretty funny.

Basically Nobunaga's daughter, Tokuhime was married to Ieyasu's son, Nobuyasu and they couldn't have a kid so Tsukiyama decided to get a concubine for Nobuyasu, Tokuhime didn't like that, plus she hated her mother in law, so she told Nobunaga Tsukiyama was a traitor. Ieyasu killed his wife in order to keep Nobunaga happy but for good measure Nobunaga had Ieyasu force his son to commit sepukku.

All because Tokuhime hated her mother in law.

that's not funny, just sad and petty.

Wish we could get him as a skin.

Should be noted that Tsukiyama was very close to Nobuyasu and very clingy, easily jealous and didn't give a fuck about politics, Ieyasu lived in a seperate castle because she annoyed him to much.

So with Tokuhime taking up her sons time and affection, I'd imagine she wouldn't handle it well.

Should have been the tutor for odachi

>tutor for odachi
>moves at lightning speed
>has his own set of skills
Pretty shit tutor.

Women...can't live with em, can't live out em. Am i right fellas?

>why are you swinging it so slow?
>just FLIP you fucking IDIOT
>god this guy sucks ass
>i wish musashi was here to duel me
>fuck that little shit
>he pretty good at 2kat though
>better than this gaijin is anyway
>can't even moonlit snow right lel

Wasn't thjs the guy who drowned while going to an isolated island for training

yes

lmao got a link user?

no I just heard someone else explain it on Veeky Forums
I didn't copy their link.
basically he had some 16 year old girl apprentice he was taking out there and apparently he just sucks at swimming.

>Try to send some one advice over psn messaging
>user has blocked all messages coming in

>apprentice
>learn how to put a katana back into a scabbard all fancy like
>can't even take the time to learn how to swim
kek

he is reborn in water

yeah she swam all the way back no problem
last time I saw this got brought up on Veeky Forums people thought he was probably trying to save his sword or something.

he didn't even need to know how to swim. He should have just worn a fucking life jacket.

the end is neigh

did she deserve her fate?

Called Kairo Seijuro

Supposedly his facebook pprofile said he had the body of a swimmer

She suicided in history.
Can't say she deserved her fate but going up against the Tokugawa Shogunate seemed pretty stupid, even if Osaka Castle was supposed to have some of the best defences around

maybe what she was really after was to destroy the toyotomi name in the end

Dead

So does the Hanzo smithing text trick just work with him or can it also work for Fuku, Ganryu etc?

if they're in abyss and respawn, i don't see why it wouldn't work