/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xCcWWcL_Sg4
store.steampowered.com/app/475490/MajorMinor__Complete_Edition/
gog.com/connect
implyingrigged.info/wiki//indie/
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky
docs.google.com/forms/d/1dVOFupSm4Fi1cB_Qd4l77NdlJmHIw0NL01qL2s8BCFk
store.steampowered.com/app/599460/Weapon_Shop_Fantasy/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for ?GRIMOIRE MANUAL?

what are some games

no, really... what ARE some games... can we ever really be sure... ?

Its refreshing to see an OP image with no spiders in it for once.

Specifically made the thread for that reason, to be honest.

>vormitchan
>not a spider

Good lad.

Guys, can i actually survive a night in this?
It has only a pair of indestructible metal door and no other entrances.
Or will the lack of hideout gas autokill me at night?
I have enough light and flares to survive in here otherwise

youtube.com/watch?v=xCcWWcL_Sg4

I'm afraid you'll need the gas. without it an unkillable ghosty thing spawns and noclips though the wall to get you. the gas' function is to keep it away

Anyone got the A17 monstergirl mod for Rimworld? Unfortunately I can't find anywhere to download it bar Steam and I'm a filthy pirate.

I'm also trying to find an A17 version of the sexmod known as RimJobWorld [RJW]

here are some tips on how to survive in the 3rd hideout:
1. Don't stay in the same room. Avoid first contact as long as you can by moving from room to room
2. Fuck melee
3. Do not reinforce anything
4. Spend as little nights in this hideout as you can
5. If there is less than a hour or two left just go outside and kite enemies around the house

Also I found the scream skill very useful. Sadly it didn't always work in the 4th hideout

Here, just go further

That is some good fanart/artwork.
That game has such nice music. It forms the environment just as well as the pixelart. Too bad the humans look retarded with the tubeheads.

Have there been any noticeable updates/patches to Stardew Valley since it launched? Haven't touched it but last time I almost got fucking RSI from all the clicking and addiction to it so I don't want to start the grind again unless there is a reason to. Last time I barely scratched the endgame and got married.

If there are any really good mods I'm willing to give it another go for that to.

Multiplayer is still in the works I think. Wait for that to release to play again.

bit late but thanks anyway, i figured it out myself.
I am in Swamp now and this shit is fucking unfair

Oh yeah, I forgot they were adding that. Seems like a pointless feature for a game like this, oh well. My main complaint in the first place is how lacking in replayability this game is. I wanted to play it through a few times in order to marry all the girls but quickly realized how awful that would be since everything loses its novelty after the first time and how long it takes to reach endgame.

How about a harem mod then?

Any lesser known Rimworld mods that are good?

Define "lesser known". I know a few that are broken and fun, but good...

I don't know really, things that don't seem to get talked about much. Shit that isn't Medieval Times, Glittertech, GeneticRim, Rimsenal, or the various tweaks like A Dog Said.

Preferably balanced. I just got colonywiped and wanted to add something in.

well, i'm now fairly certain it's an issue with my graphics card having died
i've installed an old-ass geforce 7600 and it turns out it can in fact run underrail, so that's nice

Honestly, beside vegetables gardens...

I am actually surprised. Underrail needs a graphics card?

It couldn't run when I had no separate card and was trying to play it with the onboard.

>Play Age of Decance
>Have a good time with the first half of the game, despite the constant metagaming needed to get anywhere and bullshit Sierra-style gotchas
>The second half is just disapointing and it feels like that the devs ran out of money
>Play Underrail
>It is great and really fun to play at any given point
Did anyone felt the same way?

>bullshit Sierra-style gotchas
nani

Also i am lost, not sure what to do. I think i need to get some kid somewhere but dunno man

Maybe try Expanded Roofing, it lets you make transparent greenhouse roofs, solar power roofs, or reinforced roofs. Try setting up somewhere near or at the poles and making an all-season greenhouse.

Basically, the game shitting on you because a seemingly innoculous or even perfectly rational action(for example, everyone being angry at you for resolving the not-mongol problem without bloodshed during the legion questline, or you being robbed by a chick somewhere in the first city).

No, I-well actually that's kind of true. The A of D just wasn't as fun to play. And the last town felt unfinished.

I'm tired of Age of Decadence despite only playing it for 22 hours, whereas I've got 253 hours in Underrail and will probably put in 100 more at least if Expedition is as big as they're saying.

>I'm tired of Age of Decadence despite only playing it for 22 hours, whereas I've got 253 hours in Underrail and will probably put in 100 more at least if Expedition is as big as they're saying.
Yeah. Age of Decadence gets tiresome to play because the combat isn't all that fun(compare Underrail and its numerous, often widely different builds), the constant metagaming, and that everyone in AoD is a huge, cynical, power hungry asshole(the only exceptions I can remember is the onion farmer at the second city, and the sort of friendly thug at the slums of that city).

>if Expedition is as big as they're saying.
How big is it? Do we have any official numbers? Leaks?

I recall something saying around 200 zones, I'll try to find it.

Found it already, it's in dev log 47
>Over a 100 new areas to explore of various types - shores and islands of the Black Sea, mysterious underground facilities, pirate strongholds, and more

Not me. Maadoran and Ganezzar feel emptier than Teron since by that point you are seeing mostly consequences instead of new big branches. Although there's some of those as well. Many of the optional locations have pretty high skill checks, so even if you've been there earlier you might not have been able to do much with them. Chapter 3 Maadoran with Arena/enforcer quest is also bretty good.

Some of the guild questlines do feel pretty rushed though post-Maadoran, and Ganezzar encounters were a bit too blatantly about reputation grind when most branches barely even get anything out of it. And it's a shame Teron doesn't get any new content after you leave.

But overall I liked the second half a lot. I mean, you can interact with four eldritch horrors, of which only one isn't gated/hidden. Finding all of them was a lot of fun.

>It is great and really fun to play at any given point
This I can 100% agree with though.

Flinthook, Graze Counter, and Strikey Sisters are fun.

Four? One in abyss (if that counts as interaction), one at the gate, one at al-akia and the boss? Oh wait that's four already. Nevermind.

Yup. And then there are the less important but still fun encounters, like learning about Shagga from the mongols, finding Hassatur's corpse and the med team's logs about his death, the airship diaries about how they nuked the snake ayy, or having a chat with the demon. Shit was cool.

>Hollow Knight
>The Path of Pain they just added to White Palace
That was too much. Too fucking much.

What's fun about them?

Whalenought come on, release that fucking alpha already. I want to help testing it. I've been waiting for it for so long, and with every passing day I become more paranoid that it'll come the same time Expedition does. And I know where my priorities lie if that happens.

Flinthook is a platformer with "roguelike" elements. I'm not a fan of procedural generation but Flinthook is just a platformer with randomized levels than anything and you just shoot and Spider-Man your way all over the place. Nice visuals, very tight controls and fast gameplay.

Strikey Sisters is a simple, Breakout type game. Pretty niche but you just control one of the two sisters and bounce the ball everywhere to break blocks and monsters, and you collect power ups and spells you can use to eliminate more blocks and enemies. Gameplay is level-to-level with multiple paths.

Graze Counter I actually have not played yet, but I like shmups in general is just a straightforward shmup where you're rewarded for grazing (narrowly dodging) bullets and you just build up meter to melt enemies in addition to regular shooting. I'd talk about Blue Revolver and Mecha Ritz but those came out last year.

>still thinking expedition is coming out in his lifetime

Fun fact: the Copper Dreams alpha's been "coming soon" for a longer time than Expedition. It should have been out more than a year ago. So my fears are justified, even if it'll happen 5, 10, or 100 years from now.

I really don't get the point of Opus Magnus

>having an urge to draw shieldbreaker

what do lads?

Huh.
>Send grandma out to try and get supplies while the Scythers are busy trying to kill the guineapigs
>She is tragically shot to death in the process because frail back slow ass moving
>Guests decide to leave, they really enjoyed their stay!
>All of them are killed at the entrance gates by the two Scythers
>Rush one-handed Redhead to cargo, grab rifle and rush her to lounge to eat.
>While she's there a FUCKING ARMY OF MANHUNTER GECKOS ARRIVE AND FUCKING ANNIHILATE THE MECHANOIDS
>Plague reaches extreme level and causes her to fall over
>Rush one-legged researcher over to lounge while manhunter geckos mass attack my guineapigs, she kills one in the process.
>Patches up Redhead, gives her psychoid tea while the remaining geckos are killed off by a swarm of pissed off guinea pigs and otters (who were apparently hungry)
>Redhead dies from the plague at 98% immunity
>Researcher grabs a coffee and tries to take the whole scenario in.

Well. Good luck.

How do sicknesses work? I got one but she developped an immunity to it really quick.

>go to quarry and drop boulder trapping the villagers
>go to granny
>she doesn't give a key
>she is supposed to but doesn't
do i have to eat poor granny now
is it bugged?

Sickness percent grows over a period of time, speed depending on time I think. Same for immunity, although immunity can be boosted by having the sickness tended to by a doctor, and by enhancing blood filtration (if you have Vegetable Garden, this means soup and porridge are very useful because they enhance it). Blood loss and breathing state etc also effect shit.

i ned all of the doctor's gifs if anyone have them

what

the doc from darkwood

you mean his deepening transformation?

all of them yeah

i don't have them, sorry

>a platformer with randomized levels
That sounds like the worst idea ever since there is a really tight balance bewteen leveldesign and character abilities that makes the genre good.
Did you play Towerclimb and did you like it?

>open steam store
>see this store.steampowered.com/app/475490/MajorMinor__Complete_Edition/
>recommended to you because you played Aviary Attorny and The Silver Case
I hope this is a once off and not my new profiling.

Torment: Tides of Numenera is free to play on Steam this weekend

Bitch please. Spelunky, Downwell, Catacomb Kids, Super House of Dead Ninjas, all sorts of procgen games with platforming elements are good.

>54
>all-time peak
HA

>Super House of Dead Ninjas
That name...

Tell me more about that one.

How is Aviary Attorney?

I bet youve played Rouge Legacy
That game is shit

>rouge legacy
Fuck off you massive retard.

How does it compared to my all life time GOTY PLanescape Torment?
All i did was listen to OST and it wasn't bad

Pre-ordered DUSK on steam and got to play the first "episode", actually breddy gud

Don't worry, I've played through multiple games with animal characters (Freedom Planet, Dust: An Elysian Tail, etc) and steam doesn't recommend me weird furry games.
If you like Ace Attorney you'll probably enjoy Aviary. The tone is a bit different and the game does a few things to shake up the formula.

>tfw Grim Dawn general is alive and well as of the expansion
Soon there may be three generals that I'll have to help keep alive.

Fast paced 2D arcadey roguelite platformer with a time pressure mechanic that encourages the player to descend a tower quickly and efficiently. Player chooses a primary weapon, secondary weapon (typically ranged and limited use) and magic spell. It has a surprising amount of content for what it is.

Rogue Legacy sucks at being a roguelite and a platformer. Yeah, it's shit.

Bitte my ass

oops, second part was meant for

That's pretty sad.
Which reminds me, I still haven't activated my backer copy. Or opened the box.
Oh well, no need to rush.

gog.com/connect
GOG Connect added some games
If you bought Darkwood on Steam you can redeem a DRM free copy

I was apprehensive but it is an enjoyable game. I have not played Tower Climb but had a blast with Downwell.

Thanks, user!

Hey /indie/, Veeky Forums league guy here again. Would you guys be interested in competing in VGL 9?
Basically, it’s a football tournament run is PES between teams representing different Veeky Forums generals. The teams are filled ideas representing the general and player models are changed to match.
If all goes well we'll be playing in the qualifiers in a month.

Here's our current team:
implyingrigged.info/wiki//indie/

The tournament:
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_9
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_9_Qualifiers

If you'd be interested in this, here's a roster poll to decide our new team.
docs.google.com/forms/d/1dVOFupSm4Fi1cB_Qd4l77NdlJmHIw0NL01qL2s8BCFk

Also Mountainblade Warbanned is now available on their game reclamation page, which I believe is a relatively new thing.

>Under Rail
Rate my gear:

>8.6mm Steel Cat with Rapid Reloader and Laser Sight
>5mm Jaguar with silencer and muzzle break
>.44 Hammerer with laser sight and extended magazine
>12.7mm Corsair with standard scope, retractable barrel and bipod

bretty gud, but i'd replace the jaguar with an impala and standard scope with an anatomically correct scope

>correct
*aware

>anatomically correct scope
uh

>Would you guys be interested in competing in VGL 9?
sure why not
can we have that Grimoire trailer where he talks about riding turtles as music?

bump

Can we swap Pepper Steak and Work Harder and/or find a better anthem?

>founded: october 2015
nigga what?

That's when the general was first made

Oh. I thought it was for the foosball team.

I've heard people claim Age of Decadence is only good if you have autism. Where does this claim come from? Is it a good game?

I assume people who make that claim would make the same of any classic CRPG.

Anyone played this? Been eyeing it for a while but not sure about the grinding and the quality of the translation
store.steampowered.com/app/599460/Weapon_Shop_Fantasy/.

When I looked into the game I noticed that like 90% of the game is reading lots and lots of text boxes which give you useful at times but sometimes are just there for the sake of world building. On top of that most reviewers said that you are forced to minmax your build and go all in on one or two selected traits / characteristics to really be able to explore all options of that build. If you're really into classic CRPG it seems to be decent but if you expect something easy to get into similar to more modern RPGs you will get frustrated.

Probably nowhere near as good as runescape

There was a small boom of fantasy item shop games a while back, look through them all and pick the ones that look best.

How kafkaeskian

>playing rimworld (unstable) to check out the new stuff
>map has caves and mushrooms
>see a few bug nests
>ignore them as I build up to take care of them
>everything going well and fine
>fall starts
>cold snap
>2 bug nests die out because of the cold
>all 8+ bugs instantly start charging for my power generators
>manage to kill about half the bugs before they manage to down all 4 of my colonists and dog
>slowly one by one my colonists bleed out because they either never stand up or instantly collapse again or a bug decides to look at them again
>2 hours down the drain
Hopefully that gets sorted out before the patch goes live.

Pic related.