Is this legal?

My mom found out her husband (not my real dad) of 7 months is cheating on her, bragging/joking about it to her face right at the spot they got married, etc.. and before she packs her shit, divorces him & everything, she has this spousal credit card (her name on the card but he's responsible for the payments)... and she wants to go on a mini shopping spree ($3-6k) before divorcing/he cancels the card.

Is it legal for her to do? She also wants me to pick out and order her some of the stuff she wants.

Incurring debt without the intention to repay it is considered fraud under the law. This is going to come out of your mother's pocket one way or another (divorce court judge's aren't stupid), and she could get charged too.

>Is it legal for her to do?

Even if it is, wouldn't she still be on the hook for at least 50% of the money she spends on the credit cards because it will be considered marital assets/debts and be split 50/50?

Just my guess.

Well if that were the worst case, a 50% off shopping spree wouldn't be all that bad.

It's not illegal but it will look bad when the divorce time comes.

You want a great case a divorce time, like you are the victim. This equals money.

Ok thanks. My mom already doesn't have much money to begin with.

What would you say about the first post then, where user mentioned "Incurring debt without the intention to repay it is considered fraud under the law"..?

Lol used goods get treated as such. Is this guy wealthy? Would 6k be a lot to him?

what do your morals tell you to do

Yo faggot tell your mom to stop being a selfish whore and just divorce him. Not worth the time in the long run.

Don't commit fraud, you fucking moron.

Define wealthy...

Million dollar house? No. Not even half that.

He makes $150-200k per year... I think he gets contracts every few years rather than being a full time employee of 1 company.

If a retard goes to spend 3k on shipping without paying it back is considered fraud. If your dad plays his cards right she can go to prison. Stop being a huge white trash faggot and tell your whorish mom to just divorce him the easy way. Telling by your mom wanting to go out n just spend his money tells a lot about an individual. It is no fucking wonder he is cheating on her. Please get your shit together and living the subhuman life of special snowflake syndrome you cuck.

Oh wow he got involved with a whore and her drunken mistake. Feel sorry for the guy. Really I do. Does he know of your furry collection?

> Telling by your mom wanting to go out n just spend his money tells a lot about an individual. It is no fucking wonder he is cheating on her. Please get your shit together and living the subhuman life of special snowflake syndrome you cuck.

>"my dad"

It would be telling if it weren't rooted in spiting him for being a piece of shit. It's not like she wants to do this because he forgot to say goodnight 2 days in a row or some shit. She literally dindu nuffin. But please go on and continue projecting..

You're projecting quite a lot here. I have no idea what a furry is... try again.

Well maybe she should learn to cook and keep her fucking mouth shut instead of plotting to steal from him

> projecting

How's that libtard art degree holding up there buddy?

> She literally dindu nuffin

Oh she did something. Are you sticking your dick in her or something that has you knowing more information? Cause last I checked there are three sides to every story. One that is hers, one that is his, and the actual story. Maybe you should stop fighting her battles n idk maybe inform her that the act she'd be committing is fraud. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what fraud means.

While you're at it, maybe you could hit towards something a little more legal like alimony. That way she can go get herself a degree in business law and possibly a job?

Lmao, get back to your MGTOW subplebbit you pseudo-alpha cornball.

Well she could be plotting on perhaps getting a better education n actually teaching her son some morals n ethics instead of which Gucci belt she should fraudulently obtain.

Lmao you have serious issues, especially with reading comprehension.

I never said I was going to order something for myself, and if I did, the last thing I'd buy is some trashy, nouveau-riche nigger tier belt.

Try again.

Yeah I wouldn't do that desu, just let her settle her fair share in court. It's easy to spite a cheating piece of shit but have the moral high ground, if not to save hassle for the legal shit storm that's about to come.

It was honest advice, based on her marriage history it's clear that her trailer trash approach isn't working

>based on her marriage history

Lel, you're right, you know her and her "marriage history" so well

Oh so this is her first husband? She was never married to your real dad?

Oh no it's retarded.

Hey OP, send you're mommy over here. I'll help her get over her divorce and be your new daddy

Daddy?

KEK
user BTFO
Will he ever recover?

The fact that you have to ask if you should condone your mother stealing means you are not a good person.

Plus assuming you live in the US and your mother has proof he is cheating and she is poor she has a good case at receiving alimony. But not if she starts buying shit with the intent to not pay. See: illegal.

OP...........if i were you, i would go thank your mom for creating inappropriate parent/child boundaries with her son, and for creating a codependent relationship with her son, where she enmeshes you in her own personal problems, instead of being able to solve those problems on her own as a parent.

Good thread lol

OP, I feel bad for you, they're both scummy people from the looks of it. I'd try to stay out of this one.

OP btfo of his own thread. Veeky Forums doesn't condone fraud... who knew?!