Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU (what's out so far): a.pomfe.co/bredbmk.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV released October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=plUNJAZzWH4
youtube.com/watch?v=N52qy21ESl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no /sqg/

We need best samurai to save this shit thread

>tfw you use a YOLO addle gas against Hippogryph and you end with 6 free turns
Enough turns to kill it with easy at level 23

Why are we spamming images at the start of a thread rather than at the end?

Why not?

Because is the best moment to post your waifu

Generic Earthlain is best girl.

So why Star Devourer has a rabbit on its rocket engine?

i kinda want to run like 3-4 celestrian

can a lone dragoon keep them all alive?

>check sauce on booru
>original source is imgur
Nigga, you what? Anyway, she is really cute.

bunnies love eating

anyway, did we ever really find out how star devourer 'eats' worlds? does it straight up gobble them down or is it more of a galactus type thing? I'm guessing the latter

Anyone can give me good party comp ideas for star devourer? I want a non-cheese party with ideally as little gimmicks as possible but still good enough to not waste an hour there.

Rare Fang

is binding/status important in EO1? My DH keeps getting obliterated

whip or sword

>party is currently level 82, want to reach level 99 for retirement
>already did all the bar quests
>only place to grind for levels is stratum 6 and fuck stratum 6
>too autistic to shell out money for DLC
So this is what despair feels like.

whip boi

pirate the dlc tard

Fang of course.

Equip a training orb, make an autowalk route in a boss room, put a clothespin on your B button, and go watch TV

>Hell Slash
Hell Slash is seriously overrated.

Do any necro actually use matk for anything or upgrading coffins is entirely pointless?

life exchange, fire bomb, ice bomb, gates of hell, anything that blows up wraiths pretty much

Goddamint Luna, you're supposed to be innocent
what went wrong

>Life exchange
Shouldn't that be based on wis?

BLACKED

Any neat tricks or synergy's you can do with the Masurao's mirror moon?
On paper a parry move sounds great, but surely it's not as good as it sounds.

>Please enter your legendary title.

Is this hardcoded to select the same character for both events? Because that's exactly what happened to my Necromancer.

>life exchange
Doesn't it use wis?
>gates of hell
Is it actually worth giving a shit about?
No, in my case they were different characters

Is there a list of alternate classes viable for each race?

Please help me making a starting party for EO3, I'm desperate

Not really since most other counters/retaliations require the victim to take damage.

all farmers

Is MAtk not factored into the healing equation? I thought it was wis and matk the same way damage is int and matk

Princess/Monk/Hoplite
Zodiac/Zodiac

>Phantom Duelist
>get lure because I thought what a crazy combo is lure+predict
>Lure effect is for the same turn you use it
>making it impossible to combo with predict

goddamint, why did they did that to PD? just to whatch them suffer?
That would be the only amazing thing this mastery would do
Now I wasted my precious 1 skill point on this

>Neat tricks or Synergy
Dragon Roar on the Masurao. Hell Slash. Deathbringer Harbinger can use Temporal Slash.

In general though, Mirror Moon is the worst of the parries. Lure can trigger two attacks, and Counter Guard and Cross Counter have larger target selection.

Really? Both princess and monk? No melee? Can the zodiacs carry everything?

I'm too low IQ for this

Get your team to land blind or a leg bind.
With either of those in place lightweight and aggro from Ray of Light will be enough to evade a hit without Predict.

if you wanna be a zodiac you gotta have a big brain

g/h
m/z/a

>Lure+Predict combo
The combo is Phantom Swords + Haste Prayer + Lure, or Optic Thrust + Lure.
>That would be the only amazing thing this mastery would do
Dodging at least four times in a turn allows you to proc between 4 and 16 Sylphid counters, which deals between 300% and 1200% damage.

You use Predict defensively, to buy turns or to stack up Ray of Light. You use Wind Curtain to nullify line-targeted attacks. You use a dedicated Lure team to pump out huge amounts of damage.

recommended level for 3 stratum boss?

Dragon roar + Mirror Moon is something I'd like to try out. It'll probably be too unreliable and a waste of turns though.

Who knows. Maybe? Lure strategies probably outclass it though. P.S. my next run is either going to be a Lure team comp or a Warlock / Necro team comp.

youtube.com/watch?v=plUNJAZzWH4

Gooky Ricky

Peerless demon is useless on a 1kat isn't it. Only affects triple strike?
Or does it count as hitting all enemies once as a multi-hit and it affects Petal scatter as well?

Where is this model even from?

I want Mirina to be my wife.

>not posting the good shit
youtube.com/watch?v=N52qy21ESl0

But she's old.

>that video description

Does getting all the way to 99 before retiring do anything at all? Seems like a waste of experience

She's also gorgeous and fun to be around. And I have a hunch she's absolutely wild in bed too.

>all the the chests that I missed were in the first stratum
well now I just feel like a brainlet

The most stats and skill points. Pretty sure it's 10 bonus points to both

She's cute, but too much clothing

I can't decide between Elemancer and Omnimancer. Elemancer looks like the standard mage class while the other use all 6 elemental attacks.

Also I want to pick up a title for Necromancer, but I don't which one allow me to have a 9999 ghost, Spirit Evoker or Spirit Broker?

>Death's Edge has a 20% Speed Modifier
Uuuuuhhhhh....
Does this mean that the Pugilist becomes kill?

Pick elemancer if you have someone else faster and with int based skills

>About to do Hippo for the first time on my second playthrough
>Entire team is level 27
>Team feels kinda shaky, heard that people have had a lot of trouble if they weren't running a Chain Fencer group
>Dead on turn 4, killed before he could even use Sky Dive once
I don't understand, how do people struggle against this guy? I literally only have a single damage dealer in this group.

being overleveled helps

Omnimancer is the "glue" that holds your team together. They do a little bit of everything, help a bunch on random encounters, help gain conditionals, and are largely self sufficient.

Elemancer is TP hungry and SP hungry and requires some team synergy, most notably to trigger Common Magic, but they objectively hit like trucks.

was it a pugilist

fag

You have a pugilist dont you

>Overleveled
Is that how you spell it? I have no idea.
I explicitly tried not to be overleveled in this playthrough. I cleared every floor as quickly as possible and avoided taking fights with FoEs. Isn't 27 the standard level for Hippo? I haven't saved yet. Do you want me to restart, rest down to level 23, and try this again?

Oui, it's a little baby Impact Pugilist. She'll grow, though. She'll grow.

Thanks.
Any idea what title allow me to have 9999 ghosts with Necromancer?

I dunno I was 30 for hippo, i never grinded, i do do every quest though and kill each foe at least once, i had to kill a couple of the nose guys on the way cause im too stupid to figure out the puzzle

hippo killed me once even still so I dont really feel like i ruined the challenge or anything, my team was insanely garbage pre mastery though i had 2 harbingers

Absolutely no idea whether or not Type B Necromancers have access to Zombie Powder.

My first time I was level 32/33. FoE genocides and all that. This time around I'm trying to stop myself from killing FoEs so I can focus on the puzzles, some of them are pretty neat.

>lmao2harbRingersr
I've actually been impressed with my Harbinger so far. Little known secret, but Miasma Armour makes it easier to run from combat, so Auto-Miasma is a near guaranteed escape. It's useful for keeping my level down.

thunder fist is the most overpowered basic skill

>2 harbingers
your team might still be garbage

Spirit Broker is the one with zombie powder.

Anyone?

Dumb question but whenever I try to launch the EO2U undub after installing updates/dlc, it's stuck looping at the beginning black Nintendo 3DS game boot screen.

I have to clue what to do to fix this, please help

>Thunderfist is the strongest basic skill
I disagree. The elemental Chains continue to be strong far into Stratum Five, and likely into postgame if you're building toward elemental Chains instead of Chain Killer for whatever reason.

Overexertion is probably the strongest basic skill. Or maybe Ruinous Prayer? Line Guard? There are a lot of really strong basic skills, actually.

How much support should Elemancer really have to remain worthwhile? I'm starting a new chain party and was going to have one on the front line with a Herald in back using Oracle on free turns, but that won't be triggering Common Magic much. Almost want to run two, with a Punisher, but I'd lose out on Rover binds.

Yes, Peerless Demon is near useless on 1Kat, hence them receiving Sword God in their Mastery spec.

Chains are good, especially if you actually build around them but Thunder Fist is way more drag and drop

and to maximize chains effectiveness you still need Pug anyway so its not like you wont have it and thunder fist can even proc chains which is especially relevant for Hippo

ありがとう

I can tell you right now that as an impact pug you never stop using thunder fist until the end of the postgame
The combination of composite damage and reliable numbers for literally peanuts TP can't be beat

Dance Oracle has a 200% speed modifier, a Shaman equipped with a Bow should almost always move ahead of your Warlock. You can also use a different INT damage dealer, like...
Necromancer.
Smoke Botanist has Smoke Bomb too, I guess.
I guess it'd be worthwhile to see if Common Magic procs on INT damage or on elemental damage, it'd be a lot more usable if it was just elemental damage.

I think Necro would be the best support for an Elemancer as they've got Wraith Cry and they can also usually trigger Common Magic.

I guess it depends on whether you're talking about pre-second name skills, or best overall basic skills. I think Thunderfist might take the cake in the former case, since so many teams are wholly reliant on it to carry their damage until Stratum Three.

>He trusted her with a cow

I have an Elemancer and my only other INT magic damager dealer would be my shaman if I used an elemental prayer.

Where do you find the cow?

Oh yeah I only meant pre-mastery

everyone else catches up in a big way as soon as they get them, pug is just so incredibly dominant early because of it though, especially because they just like accidentally made every notable enemy weak to either bash or volt

my team didnt have it and chains are how i beat hippo even though I was actually going for phantom duelist and so wasn't really set up to take advantage, they are definitely good too but thunder fist is just so strong

Save Guard-kun.

find the guard three times in 10F

And then make a trip to 8F.

My wife (not dead)

Speaking of the guard on 10f, what do I have to do to win the bug battle?

Remember when people were complaining that Pugilist was bad in the demo? Strange days.

>"Hey, there will be a party in my room tonight, wanna join?"

I dont think anyone expected thunderfist to be 450

it looks like a textbook throwaway 200% at rank 10 move