/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

PooP edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/30

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/victory-dab
moddb.com/mods/victory-dab/images
moddb.com/mods/na1480932088/
moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/gangs-of-glasgow-the-old-firm-part-1
moddb.com/mods/paradigm-worlds
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=165.0
youtube.com/watch?v=fHvWE9EXaB8&feature=youtu.be
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/31
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Escalade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

never ever

This is Rhodok soil

when will they add a dabbing emote mod
i want to dab in a bloody battlefield after winning a battle against an army trying to overthrow me

t. butternigger

moddb.com/mods/victory-dab

moddb.com/mods/victory-dab/images

perfect

woah...

All memes aside, what's the issue with PoP?

combination of retarded balancing, mod authors are massive faggots, and it being one of babby's first mods along with floris

a lot of the assets look like shit too but to be fair they've improved a lot of them in recent updates

Just beat Harlaus's Swadia with Isolla of Suno by my side, getting me the Girl Power and Kingmaker achievements.

Now the only achievements I need are Harassing Horseman, Kassai Master, Manifest Destiny and Heart Breaker.

I guess it's a cheap difficulty? I hear lots of praise for it because of how hard it is from....uh....certain sites, and the dislike of PoP on /mbg/ is weird considering how you /v/irgins like getting sodomized by your singleplayer games.

I'm tempted to give it a go because people like the lore, but IDK since I'm encroaching on 500 hours and I have never even come close to "winning" yet. I shuffle through marathons on saves in 1257, VC and Geko but I always lose interest in the module and move to something else.

PooP isn't hard it just has doomstacks and roving bands of high tier knights in small parties that can kill you early on

it's """hard""" like shoveling one pile of shit into a larger pile of shit might be hard

it just beefs up the stats of every enemy to the point that it's just tedious

>from....uh....certain sites

Don't be a fag, just say you go to reddit you bitch

If I install texture mods for native (editing the faces and hair) will it interfere with getting steam achievements?

don't think so, i've gotten achievements on non-native modules

>and it being one of babby's first mods along with floris

what are some good mods then, I'm genuinely looking

moddb.com/mods/na1480932088/

moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/gangs-of-glasgow-the-old-firm-part-1

moddb.com/mods/paradigm-worlds

pastebin

also just look here for anything that looks good
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=165.0

Viking Conquest is pretty good imo, but it's a DLC.
I haven't really played it yet but you can try Calradia 1050 mercenary uprising.
Dickplomacy + Custom troop trees is good too if you just want to play expanded native, you can make your own troops as a king.

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

Can anyone translate this?

"The blood of sw*dians must be shed"
Huh

Does it actually say anything about shedding blood of someone?
Did i unknowingly kill Charlemagne for that sword?

nah m8 idfk

"Odin! Receive my cum!"
wtf?

t. monk from lindisfarne

fuck off you autistic cringelords

> getting mad over a ded game
pathetic

I was just asking a question. I don't know how to read runes and i thought someone on this general may know.

/r/ing "my lord spits on that fag odin"

why do so many people here get mad about paganism
it's like irish monks are shitposting on the internet

cringing rn

>if you don't hate pagans then you are one
ok

>moddb.com/mods/na1480932088/
every time.

EVERY bloody time.

No wee willie ere

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

>start game
>try doing literally anything
>get ambushed by 69,420 enemies
>taken captive
>get chance to escape
>immediately get captured again by the people who I just escaped from or another group of enemies
>ad infinitum

This is why I can't fucking get into this god damned game. I want to so badly because it looks incredible but I can't do anything without getting mobbed immediately. I looked through the beginner guide but I didn't see anything helpful.

stop running into enemies

I don't? In fact I actively avoid them pretty much at all costs, but half of them are faster than me and the other half spawn directly in front of me and hit me before I can see them and react. I typically put as many points as possible into pathfinding as possible in hopes of being fast enough to get away from them, but it doesn't seem to help at all.

there's no way a small player party with any amount of points in pathfinding is slower than a bandit stack.
stop ctrl-spacing everywhere and look where you're going.
it's possible that you just have a really smooth brain that is not capable of the normal synapses speed required to react to parties on the map but i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

page 10

I mean, I don't know what to tell you. I didn't even know ctrl+space was a thing until you said it just now. I just started a new game, got a character going, started doing the initial quest to save the merchant's brother, and 22 mountain bandits somehow managed to chase down me and my 10 recruits and shredded us and the same shit happened again. I honestly don't get it.

pay the toll fgt

agreed

Virgin warband player, should I play native first or jump right into mods?

Bannerlord, oh Bannerlord.
For thee I bear such grief.
Hidden from my sight at length,
yet still you are my chief.

Hast thou perished upon the field
in some far distant land?
I will come to succour you,
and stroke thee with my hand.

go for vanilla, maybe an extension mod like diplomacy
most of the mods are total conversions, you want to leave them for later

What about the Dynasty Warriors mod?

i dont want a chinese mod. i want an indo-chinese mod. i want some burma and thailand and vietnam

You're not getting anything better than Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth. Which isn't a bad thing really.

why is this general so dead
i thought this game was POPULAR
don't tell me you faggots are actually playing the game

I play this game.

Bannerlord fever has long since cooled, and Warband is becoming increasingly niche as it ages.

oh shit i didnt know about this mod, thanks

I remember there is some battle limit mod around and I'm gonna install Warband soon, does it cause issues or crashes if I set it to like 2000 max fighters? I want to be rid of reinforcements entirely, basically.

>Viking Conquest is pretty good imo, but it's a DLC.

Well the reason I'm looking is because I've played so much VC that I find it hard to enjoy anything else

Not really a fan of Calradia as a setting, the mixture of European knights, vikings, mongols, slavs and arabs in a tiny little land of forests, plains, deserts and snowy mountains really triggers my autism, it makes no fucking sense and feels like a more like an artificial sandbox than an actual world

Oh nevermind apparently you can change the battle size to huge amounts just going in the rgl_config.txt? Been a long time since I played

I'm trying to figure out if 1257's siedges are retarded because they are so hard, or because they are so easy. There are tons of weird obstacles, player's troops tend to act like total retards (they won't climb the ladder/siedge tower until you'll order them all to hold fire, one of many examples) But AI army often does just the same. AI troops can ignore your/your troops standing literally 1 meter away and actually razing them like pigs (also one of many examples).
Vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=fHvWE9EXaB8&feature=youtu.be

It's still fun in some retarded way, tho :^)

What's the current preferred Native-like mod? I remember before it used to be Tocan's Calradia then Way of the Sword (which since seems to have become a samurai mod). Is Tocan's still the way to go?

Diplomacy

>>user's mods and upstab guide:
>pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

Does 1257 fixed siege scenes work with Medieval conquests?

>AI troops can ignore your/your troops standing literally 1 meter away and actually razing them like pigs

It's not just 1257 its mount and blade in general, some people just design their sieges better or worse for its ai, it unfortunately works best when theres a single chokepoint.

AI in mount and blade is very simple, Melee troops acquire a target and attempt to get to it and bash it, if they are damaged on the way they will retarget the person that damaged them.
The major problem occurs when you one shot them whilst they are near enemies with the path blocked by allies, they don't acknowledge allies dying behind them so if you flank and engage the enemy and just keep one shotting them they will never turn around.

The other issue however and what occured here is when target is reacquired but its still attempting to get into position to attack the first targets. This tends to happen in mods that change formation ai, but can happen in vanilla aswell.

you are saying, that they won't spot player untill they are hit? So far I (for some reason) thought that they can sense enemy within some radius.

>The other issue however and what occured >here is when target is reacquired but its still >attempting to get into position to attack the first >targets. This tends to happen in mods that >change formation ai, but can happen in vanilla >aswell.

So AI troops tried kill my troops and continue their path to postitions as reinforcements? I've been just labeled as minor issue? that's pretty fuckin rude :^)

Nevermind the UI in Medieval Conquests was fucking shit lol

T
/mbg/ sure is a troubled place.

DAYS

bunnerlerd neber eber eber

drete thsu

Is there a way to make troops shut up about religion in VC?

Stop being a fedora tipper

no

To next OP
Please update the blog link
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/31
Thank you.

>mountain bandits
>starting in rho*dok territory

are gekoweebjo and jacuck's mod the only ones focused on pike&shot warfare?

No you retard

The Eagle and the Radiant Cross was one, but it died the second it got ported to WB

imagine being this butthurt

wfas and swedish mayo are good ones

lmao sw*d cucks will never learn

Who has the other five versions of this meem

If any of you guys passes by Geneva on the 11 and 12 of December be sure to check the festivities of L'Escalade, many such demonstrations, including muskets and cannons.
Also the whole of the old town has activities centered on the life of the city in AD 1602. With cooking, torch making, fencing etc.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Escalade
Pic related, the captured armor of the man tasked with blowing the city's gate. The helmet is bulletproofed and weighs 16kg

I've started in every territory multiple times and the same shit happens every time

Daily reminder that using anything other than Nord Huscarls and Rhodok Sharpshooters is to be punished by death.

Why not V*egir Marxmen?

agreed fellow rhodok, swadian knights are no match for rhodok bren crossbows

That must suck to wear

>Fantasy Slav(e)s
Lol

damn those advanced battle tactics
what mod is that and is it possible to add it to '57 AD