/egg/ - Engineering Games General

Boat Craft Carrier Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Corneroids
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

Last OPs pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

The ring of terror rules supreme.

randomly encrypted message from OP: d509701af0fc9762534a869a1a1c57afd86865a7

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pm33KB2Th9M
youtube.com/watch?v=wXvzlTPAkMo
youtube.com/watch?v=XTCSL4mV4EU
youtube.com/watch?v=cPbXyEODEo4
youtube.com/watch?v=jHbI_B2sPA0
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1509190317147.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wait, does this mean Factorio and Starmade are dead? I was really hoping Starmade would get some content eventually...

OP here. Factorio and starmade are still in the list so no, they aren't, but, everybody and their mothers are currently playing opus magnum. I just purchased opus magnum because everybody else was playing it as if it was a fidget spinner.

Gotta ride the tiger

Third for cringing at the past

How many times can you beat Factorio before you get bored as hell? Sure it is fun for a week, then no more.

how i feel about opus magnum being considered engineering desu senpai

actually angel + bobs mod with factissmo and quarry kind of make the game interesting and much longer. Another thing is that if you understand the idea of what made angel and bob make the game more difficult, you could easily mod things yourself as well.

Ded as in community is dead you dumbass.
Skubmade is proper dead though, idling in the water with idiotic balance updates when all anyone wants is the crew update that was never actually in the works but they let everyone believe it was for months.

Our boy will be missed

6948 clocks, gentlemen. Doesn't overlap as nicely as I hoped because of the output ordering thing, because the input runs out at an odd offset. Dunno if I can be bothered with jerking this design around the stack memory so that I can run the second pair's quotient early on.

Also, how into optimizing division by 1

Story time?

As it turns out, I could be bothered jerking the timing out. Down to 5127 cycles, totally worth doing. Time for some herbal jew.

I just noticed how much power solar panels produce in Space Engineers. Now I understand in game you have to build a lot and they slowly charge batteries.

But!

Large solar panel: 120,000 watts
Small solar panel: 30,000 watts

This is totally ridiculous. That is more energy than the sun puts out, given the size of the panels.
By comparison common roof solar panels are 300 watts!

Come on, I thought these games were supposed to be based in reality.

I think someone did the math in Factorio too and they concluded that in order for the solarpanels to be putting out so much electricity, that planet's sun would be something like 20 times more energy than our sun. Which would make everything melt and catch fire.

:^)

a terrible shame that such realism cannot work, as the scale required would be impossible to handle and still have comfy building
megastructure building never ever
remotely large structure building never ever

You're just gonna have to take up real engineering.

CELLS

>when you mess up a level so bad the gif is to large too post

I'd need a few centuries to space autism megastructures in reality, and I don't think the shadowy powers are gonna give the common goy immortality
we'd need a rich heroic guy that wont get assassinated immediately to have that

It's already so needlessly inefficient, why not rotate the duplication glyphs so that they read from the top of the wheel, so you have to rotate the wheel between elements?

Yeah this has to be at least 30 times.

Having big as heck solar panels is pretty cool IMO.

But all the cool places like Jupiter and Saturn are way too far to get energy by solar, and RTGs have their own sustainibility problem

senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=pm33KB2Th9M

How do you cope with the part of the solution that sits idly most of the time?

A megastructure /egg/ would be fun if it were a hands-off affair like SimEarth. You play as the 'builder' AI whose notional goal is to create the conditions for humans and animals to live, but humans don't always have their own best interests in mind.

You can fuck around by creating chokepoints so that distinct cultures will form, vary the climate so that evolution takes place, or even try to uplift another species like moths or capybaras. Also, instead of monoliths, you can drop gravitational beam emitters.

>that fucking dance

Fancy dancing is prohibited, Alchemy is a serious matter.
Also are we all trying to reduce cycles? or does everyone have a cheap/fast/small solution each?

by adding more arms

There needs to be a scoring metric for entertainment value.

youtube.com/watch?v=wXvzlTPAkMo
youtube.com/watch?v=XTCSL4mV4EU

Prolly terrible, iunno.

>how it's made, judaism

some anons approach it from "minimise cycles" perspective
others have adopted the "minimise sum of all 3" approach

the second one's perfect for my raid of dracogenics tower
thanks user

>1246
more than double than 's 516

wrong solution faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=cPbXyEODEo4
Updated landing gear when

somebody proposed to add all 3 stats together

oh yea

Your solution is much simpler than mine

instead of moving right twice, could you have rotated clockwise?

mildly heretical

Mine's exactly the same but slightly cheaper

Appropriate enough tbqh.

i tried hard to "cheat" in laser tag for shenzhen using an SR reset but I had initial value problems.... (which were inconsistent)

finally managed to get a construction method together that doesn't instantly incite clang.

what is that game user

Cinder Block Double Niggers

double action boogaloo

>That last part
Imagine being under the control of something like AM, except instead of directly hating humans it just wants to fuck around and have fun
I think it would just as dangerous

>when clang gets into your CNC program
youtube.com/watch?v=jHbI_B2sPA0

Post sword alloys

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1509190317147.webm
some user posted this in the /v/ thread. it's music to my ears.

that central arm looks overworked
make it three or six armed

Wouldn't that shit evaporate at an intense rate?

shhhh user
rule of cool

Rule of giant coolers*

3021 clocks, gentlemen. Do I get an award, or something? Basically two front-ends, two back-ends, massive pipelining overlap and shit. Think I just had some kind of a zachtronics-gasm as well.

>That one where the entire drill bends and produces the whine of motorCLANG

>the one at 3:06ish where it just slams down
I dont know why im laughing so hard but that's fucking gold.

>when you suck so bad the gif is too big to post

>not going MAXIMUM ENGINEERING

Would it be better to make the crystal like this?
>Triangle shapes attached from the left
>Arm rotates to the right and upwards, away from where new parts are added (i.e. so inputs don't get in the way)
>Loop arms won't need to extend so far to move around the crystal

We ded, we die, we ded again!

Just started playing and this game is a drug, how can i make pic related better?

Truly a drug when it makes you forget pic

How do I achieve FASD?

>putting it on a rail when you could literally just rotate it

I believe what has happened to engineering is that many people don't want to play opus magnum, but, don't have content of their own to post from other games.

Because of this, I believe that games that are more engineer like and not in a semi computer puzzle way, such as corneroids and that new storm game are the ones we should actually be pushing content for.

Content is that made engineer general alive. How many of you made a world eater as of lately?

>1+2+4=6

>50g

>occasionally get the urge to make something in Starmade
>devs are yet again changing core gameplay systems for the zillionth time just to look like they're doing something while the actual game doesn't exist yet
>can't make hulls because the new power and shield systems are somehow even more of a mess than the old ones and dictate ship design
>spengies is spengies
>skywanderers doesn't exist
>stormworks doesn't exist
>gmod is ded
Puzzle games are all that we have left

>gmod is ded
wat? just make shit in sp my man

>17 area

When I play Gmod I end up being tempted to play TTT and this is really what fucked me up from making Dr. Eggmans wrecking ball.

>being tempted to play TTT
>ever playing ANYTHING but sandbox, spacebuild, gbots, navalplay, and ACF custom modes

WEW
E
W

Iktf. When TTT is good, it's really fucking good.

TTT was fuckin great back when it was just released

It was always cancerous. Almost as bad as noxiousdotnet

SPEED ALLOY

no it wasn't, unless you play on >pubs

The one time I played with only people I knew it was a good time, I suppose.

Then we grew up and apart and now only one of those friends is left, and they have no interest in gmod.

>that actuator waving his hand between loops

I know that feel. Funnily enough, of all the people I used to play games with, I turned out to be the normiest

Lucky. I turned out to be the furthest down the NEEThole out of the group, sort of, where I'm now basically trading my attention and time for my gf to pay for my living expense, while pulling full cleaning and maintence duty on our living space while also running odd jobs for family. Pretty comfy tobedesu.

What are with/on the MTF group/server?

sorry, what?

>What
Wait*
If you don't recognize the name, don't worry.

Very nice!