/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mD6UmA-BH5M
youtube.com/watch?v=TXuC-DcTONM
retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/10/28/loganmc10-drama-part-ii/
archive.is/U3rk2
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer
reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/6skf8f/text_guide_for_setting_up_cemu_botw_with_links/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey I've been gone for 3 months is Citra halfway good yet? I want to play a 3DS game but don't want to play my 3DS. This sounds fickle as shit, and it is.

>Puyo Puyo Chronicle now works on Citra or probably has been for a little while.
I've been out of the loop.

What I want then is for you to piss off from my timeline and no longer appear wherever I am talking, and also to shut your mouth online about me. That is what I want. Also, reimburse the money for that Shield hardware would be a nice gesture back. "I don't like you and have no interest in working with you" - yeah the dude who sent you that hardware whom I had to convince to send it to you because I wanted to show my appreciation for your work would be sure glad to know what the return on his investment was - 'alright, hope he stays'. That is what happens when I take chances on people. Pathetic parasite. If you don't like me and have no interest working with me, then you don't need the toys I hooked you up with either. Reimburse the money already. There is a 'donate' button on the website right there, with several options on how to reimburse it. And no, I don't need the hardware back, I need that money you took from a guy whom 'you don't like'. I can find better contributors that I could hook up with some other gear instead, and unlike you they don't stalk me around either and fling mud in my face.
Go fuck yourself with your sanctimonious bullshit, and BTW, next time I see you entering another thread again where I am around, one of my repos, places where you were unmentioned, and you keep this kind of 'prodding' along, I will report you. That I can assure you. I am about fed up with your constant vitriolic bullshit buddy and now I'm about to do something about it. You are put on notice here. All your posts are going to be deleted, out of sight, out of mind. Your presence is unwanted and undesired from this point on, and I will make sure that you stay gone.

>no overclocking
>vulkan broken forever
>PGXP broken forever

In b4 "vita emulator when"
In b4 "pcsx2 software renderer when"

Reminder that Byuu is hoarding undumped games.

Never mind, Bravely Default worked fine then and all I wanted to play was its sequel, which also works. Edea just has a comical nerdy lisp in the emulator, no other issues.

why amiga emulation so annoying

Oh shit, how could I forget that one?

vita emulator when

Because amigos are annoying. It is natural.

is nekotekina dead or has he just run off with half the patreon money

>I have no idea how patreon works

PCSX2 SOFTWARE ONLY CORE
WHEN
H
E
N

So you can't play games on Citra without actually owning a 3DS for Mii Data?

Does it still use that plugin mess?

Pretty much everything works better on default stock settings. I don't see how it could be any different than Libretro N64 and PS1 cores.

And in what way do plugins inhibit pcsx2 when theyre all made by the emulator devs anyway. It's not like n64 where every chucklefuck makes his own plugin every week.

Never.

I honestly believe IX is better on PC.
>main menu 60fps
>Full Motion Videos 15fps
>exploring world field 20fps
>exploring town 30fps
>battles 30fps
>battle reward screen 60fps
>tetramaster game (cards) 60fps
Pretty much the same framerate as PS1 besides double in battle. Higher resolution textures for 3D, filtered pre-rendered backgrounds. No PS1 wobble, or issues from PGXP hacks to get rid of it. Build in turbo (It's a slow game, totally reasonable).

Just have to patch the music for performance. And deal with no analog movement, maybe no vibration either.

to be fair these days, for n64 there probably should only be 3 plugins these days:

* the vulkan lle
* some HLE one that works decently on mobiles
* multithreaded+vectorized angrylion.

>And deal with no analog movement
Is the movement actually analog and not just 9 way in the original? I could have sworn it was 8 way.

Pretty sure it's full analog.
Also, there's a hack to speed up battles to 60FPS, timing and all, without fucking up the music play rate.
youtube.com/watch?v=mD6UmA-BH5M

The eye can't see beyond 15 fps anyway.

Do any of the nds emulators for Android support the pal park feature in the nds pokemon games?

For certain things that's arguably true. There's a range of aspects that can be arguably seen at different framerates.
I'd like to sperg a little for a moment, ignoring the fact that eyes are analog rather than strictly frame limited.

Like incredibly intricate detail on a high end rug for example. One could only process and understand so much of it per second, especially when you get down to texture of the material in certain spaces. 15fps is quite fair.
Comprehending intricate motion of millions of different moving parts would be closer to 30fps. Like with high end machinery.
Strategic motion for the purpose of gameplay could almost always be considered useful even past 60fps.
With just smoothness of motion to reduce eye strain or distraction, 120 or 144fps is considered the upper limit of clear difference.
But with smoothness of motion and clearing of visual artifacts for strict aiming and control, such as trying to fly a fighter jet accurately, improvement can be easily seen at and past 300fps.

Please, help. Why does my gameboy shader look this way?

Take a screenshot without the shader real quick.

Sure, here it is.

You really should disable bilinear filtering. Are you trying to use one of the .cg shaders from handheld-border? Or did you try to make your own?

It is the in-packaged one at 4x. I turned off bilinear (this is a totally fresh install fyi) and the result is the same with the shader on, unfortunately.

Bilinear off should look like pic related, instead of what you posted.

Yes, I meant I just turned it off after that screenshot, sorry. the pixels were sharp and untouched as expected.

Could you try throwing that shader on an NES game real quick, to see if it's an issue with everything and not just that GB core?

anyone got PCSXR working on Arch?

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Or if you can't use Google, correct.

It'd be better if it ran at solid 30, 30x2 doesn't look or feel nice in my opinion.

DraStic does, yes. You just have to put your GBA ROM and your .SAV File (both with the exact same name that your NDS ROM has, apparently) inside DraStic's Slot2 folder and that's it.
youtube.com/watch?v=TXuC-DcTONM

What's the best way to get a PS-style controller to work with Windows? I've been using my PS3 controllers and SCP. Of course, SCP isn't being developed anymore and has a certain number of, uhhh... idiosyncrasies. Not to mention the PS3 controller are flimsy as fuck. I've had two of them now have to be trashed because of board issues causing spurious button presses. I know Xbox 360 controllers are well supported by Windows, but I hate the way they feel: they are too bulky and asymmetric stick placement really bugs me.

I have a bunch of PS2 controllers, would a PS2 to 360 controller adapter work well? Anyone use one? I know a lot of people recommend those adapters that work with any controller and any platform, but usually require drivers that suck and cost upwards of $100. Fuck that. It doesn't seem like it would be difficult to do hardware-translation, but most of what's out there seems like super cheap chinese shit.
As a side note, when will Sony wisen up and develop a PS1/2 emulator? I'd pay MAD bucks for an accurate emulator.

DS4 with Ryochan's DS4Windows fork.

>It'd be better if it ran at solid 30
Pretty sure it does by default. Google says battles are regular speed 30FPS.
I'll install it some time later and see personally.

PS4 is easily accessible and great in my opinion.
The touch pad makes for a good mouse without grabbing the mouse, for things like DS touchscreen, launching games, etc.
DS4Windows is great. Supports remapping, profiles, automatic profile switching for different programs, bluetooth, and multiple controllers from the get go.
Whether or not you want to shell out $40+ for it is another issue. I'm like made of money so whatever.

Seems like it has issues with Win10. Don't have a DS4, stopped buying consoles after PS3, but I'd be willing to buy one if it worked though.

Oops cont.
>PS4 is easily accessible and great in my opinion.
Also those sticks are great. Primarily convex with raised edges is GENIUS. It allows, well, rolling of the finger against the stick like a gear, to move it without friction or pull, but also allows pull when necessary for edge cases(Pun intended).
Works fine with my GPD Win. Though I can't get its bluetooth to work there, wired is great.

>. I'm like made of money so whatever.

I bought this DS4 two years ago specifically for emulation and souls games. Works great on win7, and I've seen people use it on win10, but I can't personally vouch for the NSA memeOS.

retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/10/28/loganmc10-drama-part-ii/

The 'archived copy' link doesn't link to an actual archive, since the offending post is deleted.

archive.is/U3rk2

Thank you, fixed.

Glad to help, I'm a big fan.

>Nah I don’t buy that. Mupen64Plus has undergone major refactoring for over a year two years now and they have managed to keep save state compatibility. It’d be nice if you gave a little more care in that regard. I notice you bend over backwards for any other request, so why not save states.

Based Clobber

What an idiot.

That's Bubsy 3D.
Seems accurate enough for me.

>PPSSPP and Dolphin which are the most successful open source emulation projects were founded by the same person

How can one man be so based

How does /emugen/ avoid the realization that you no longer enjoy the things you used to and slipping into a deep depression?
Asking for a friend.

RPCS3 is for PS3 tho'? Explain your meme nigger.

It's really easy.
Stop breathing.

@OptimalJew @KMFDManic T-thanks for the valuable input! I'll take that under advisement! Also @Oggom piss off with the 'thumbs down emoji', coward.

Ekeeke you've fallen into the perpetual beta cycle trap and stopped making releases. I guess that's what happens when you've given up on your own frontend and let others downstream become the 'de facto' frontend.

It's clear you don't give a shit about save state compatibility, so the least you could do is conform to the API and update your own state versioning so the emulator doesn't dutifully load a state that crashes it. That's fucking sloppy, man.

>bullying eke
What a piece of shit. I hope this faggot jumps off a fucking bridge.

Iunno what's up but every psx emulator I've tried seems to hang for a second after a minute of playing. Pcsxr, Mednafen, even xebra does it. This didn't happen the last time I emulated anything and I have no idea what's going on.

HDD spinning up, maybe? Have you tried enabling image cache in mednafen?

I psychologically enjoy the realization itself. It's beautifully sickening.
Most people just enter a perpetual state of distraction though. Emulating that old enjoyment, searching endlessly for new enjoyment, or working to preserve what little enjoyment they have left.

Hi clobber.

hi sp

I think I did, last I checked.
Technically it's the Beetle core in RA I'm using but that's the same thing, I heard.

Didn't seem to do anything.

Maybe it is my hdd though. It is getting up there in years.

clobber's mad

Oggom, stop pasting posts of other people without adding source.

Seriously, if one guy doesn't deserve this autistic sperging it's eke-eke. I'd disable save states out of sheer spite if such a faggot would bother me.

But I do enjoy the things I once enjoyed. Over the last couple of months I've really gone hard with emulation, discovering all kinds of new games and have been having a great time.

Couple of quick and easy things to test, but let's do the easy one first. Download Process Explorer, run it in a window along with the emulator you're using, and see what kind of activity spike you're getting right when that stutter happens. docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

sup?

Seems like you're confusing cause and effect.

Nekotekina has made some progress on the Vita emulation side, to the point of running some basic homebrew. But for now it's 100% pointless and useless as the games and the firmware itself are still encrypted

Might be a bit before i can test that since I'm at work right now, but I'll do it as soon as I get home.

Thanks in advance.

downvodded :D :D :D

Let us know how it goes, we'll probably be able to pinpoint it one way or another.

I'm having wierd issues trying out RE2 Dreamcast on DEMUL.
Everything is totally fine ingame but the second you go to the iventory menu the game drops 20 fps and the sound fucks up, it's wierd.

Why aren't you emulating the playstation version?

Let's pretend I understand half of that and know what you meant.

No cool VMU screen

You can recognize your status organically by how your character moves, and opening the inventory to see how much ammo you have in a given magazine is more immersive than a magical, ever-present ammo counter.

How do I emulate PSP games?
I downloaded some roms of FF 1 and FF4 Complete, but they're not .ISO. They're a bunch of weird formats. Do I have to recompress them as an ISO?

Don't emulate anything if you don't know how to read.

I'll lend you a reaction image you need for this sort of question.

Haha Clobber is just like SP

Make me faggot

>* the vulkan lle
pointless

>some HLE one
HLE still sucks man

Why do citra and cemu run so shitty on my machine. Ive got an i7 and 16gigs of ram.

Why do people not realize that "muh i5" or "muh i7" is almost as useless as "I have an Intel CPU, why am I getting slowdown"?

>i have processor and ram

Great information. How about what i7?

>citra
Because it sucks

Ive got a harddrive too.
My bad. Its an i7 7700.
Forgot i have a gtx1060 too but i dont think that matters as much

>Try Reicast
>big graphical issues
>Try DEmul
>big audio issues
>Try NullDC
>despite being what Reicast is built on, smaller graphical issues

Can't help you with citra, but have you followed this guide for CEMU? reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/6skf8f/text_guide_for_setting_up_cemu_botw_with_links/

No i have not. I just opened it and tried messing around with the few options in cemu but i still only got like 5fps with slowdowns. Il give it a read through and try it.

NullDC also supports the widest range of controller options and configurations.

Once you fix your settings, you shouldn't have any problem running botw at 30 with intermittent dips on your 7700k.

Sounds great. Thanks man.

ebin

No, it's not "ebin" or anything else of your stupid meme faggotry. I am serious. If you don't understand what you are doing or if you don't bother to do a simple search engine query don't bother to post useless shit on otherwise already dying thread. Emulation general could be so much better but your three letter replies do not really help the subject matter.

What's the best PS2 rpg/jrpg? I want to get lost in a world of grindy shit with good graphics and stories.

walkie talkie