obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Evoluent-Vertical-Mouse-Regular-VM4R/dp/B00QJEN4ZE
youtube.com/watch?v=Fi9dHD7TTpY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Friendly reminder:
4 days left on Halloween Jam

The colors are really good. How long do you think the game will be playtime wise?

I'm looking forward to playing everyone's Halloween games. It's actually been my favorite thing to do on Halloween for the past couple of years.

the thread which dies first will kill the pupper posted within it
you have 60 seconds

Will this mouse help me be a more productive dev?

Why the heck does that exist

No

Less strain on your wrist

What does something like that even cost? It looks ridiculous

I suppose I can see that. But I think it would be more awkward to move around.

Just checked. $90 good lord
amazon.com/Evoluent-Vertical-Mouse-Regular-VM4R/dp/B00QJEN4ZE

How would I create a game with voxel perfect rendering? Like with a moving and animating character, it would still snap to the world blocks.

Repost from the very end of last thread.

How's the scrolling here look? It's giving me a bit of a headache but I'm already ill, so I want to see if it's just me or not.

I don't think that's the issue, droping the colors in MPC didn't change much, but I'll tweak with the colors once I get the rest of it drawn.

With integers

Crouching works properly now, and it has better checks for if you can actually stand at the moment or not. Why didn't I make this debug placer sooner it's so helpful.

It doesn't give me a headache, but I could see how it might cause some motion sickness. If it's meant to be along a coast you could maybe add some things to break up the water. Like a few rocks that are a bit further out, or maybe some visible waves with white crests.

I could see it getting a little annoying on my eyes after a bit.

Do you think "hating your own game" is a natural part of development, something every single developer should be expected to experience?

>youtube.com/watch?v=Fi9dHD7TTpY
What's your take on the new Unity2D features?
Will this finally be the nail in GameMakers coffin?

Yeah. At the start of development it's a lot of fun because you're making all the exciting parts of the game. But then around the middle part it can start to get tedious because usually the game still kinda looks and feels bad, but also you're not working on the fun stuff anymore, and fixing bugs can be frustrating. But as long as you don't give up at this stage and you keep going, you can start to love it again.

>Will this finally be the nail in GameMakers coffin?
Godot is already the nail in GameMakers coffin.

what should be the ratio of player damage for melee and ranged attacks where melee is the focus. should it be something like 5:1 or should I use ammo to balance ranged attacks?

that kind of balance is something only you will know. to be adjusted over time.
you might consider zelda style weaknesses and resistances for attacks, to forgo balance.

Thanks anons. I guess I'll get the rest of the art in before worrying about it too much; there'll be some distant rocks and clouds and such in the back to keep it interesting and help the sense of speed.

Godot, the engine I wish I had started on. But I'm invested too much in Unity, so I'll wrangle this tard and make it work. One of the last major struggles is getting these dang parallax backgrounds to stay on the pixel grid. Such a pain in the butt.

Here's the explosion animation in game. I think it looks fine, but still lacks something to make it legitimate.

Thank you. I will see about scaling the viewports by nearest and adding either a pattern or dynamic border for the remaining space.

Can't wait to see the jam games desu

Thoughts on using Qt to make a game?

All I need is the ability to write text in different colors and sizes, and a simple UI. Looking at the engines linked in the OP I feel like they'd be overkill.

Is this progress?

Qt is not for games at all. and the engines in the OP, except maybe Unreal, are not overkill at all. they're made for games. if you're completely new look shit up first because it sounds you're clueless.

To any user that's about to respond to this post. Please think about the thread and agdg and just ignore it. Please

wtf is with the letterboxing

Will have 4 zones ready for Halloween, should be ok.

Is this a game?
I don't see a game here.
It's not a game.
How can it be progress?

Why is stuff like this even allowed? What did the maker even make here?

Wew, what's this game about? Looks surreal.

What are you doing? It's been posted in multiple threads, along with all the other source posting bait. Why the fuck are you responding? Why are you ignoring actual progress for such obvious bait?

Stop. Fuck off.

why road surface keep changing

This. Hey have you ever actually driven a car? Do you even own a car? Do you think roads actually are like that?
>HL1 Scout Car
Hmph. Explains a lot about what you're doing. Looks like you just have shit taste. :)

You're a skull in a weird world of mostly blood and bones. You explore a few areas by rolling, jumping, propulsing yourself, etc. while avoiding hazards and other things that wants you dead. That's about it for the ~1.5 week I've been on it.

Can some people who actually like racing games please weigh in on this? It looks really bad to me, to be quite honest with you.

Sounds interesting user, looking forward to seeing your progress.

are you weird card game guy? looks similar

I did y'all a favor and asked the experts.

thanks!

Yup thats me

my disgust and disdain for this is unending and absolute

>tfw know GML
>too brainlet to understand Godot
please don't kill gml it's the only thing i know...
and love2d

I can't believe someone would post trash like this in our YesDev thread.

wtf this is trash complete trash

WHY IS IT FUCKING LETTERBOXED LIKE THAT

Where were you when discord imploded in on itself?

>traps aren't gay

What's a good engine to just mock up some turn based rpg system to try things out from math standpoint?

Why isnt't Source a bannable offense on all boards yet

Excel

pen , paper and some friends.

i wish i could make tracks for a real racing game instead of Rust v0.02

is this too cartoonishly aggressively banked side to side? are these turns too tight? i dont even wanna begin on off-track geometry or on-track detailing until this like 2 meters or w/e of road is absolutely perfect and sets a standard of what is acceptable for the rest of it

please note that the part in obvious gray/orange dev textures will probably have a grippy natural sufrace later, like gravel or tamped dirt. the pressed concrete and poured concrete will remain level accross their widths wherever that material is used and only be not level to change elevation, unlike the dev textured bit thats all waverly

I don't know if I am outrunning them. Their speed is 15 and mine is 4. everytime I shoot on walking it's like I am moving a few pixels back.

Using game maker btw.

is this too cartoonishly aggressively banked side to side? are these turns too tight? i dont even wanna begin on off-track geometry or on-track detailing until this like 2 meters or w/e of road is absolutely perfect and sets a standard of what is acceptable for the rest of it

please note that the part in obvious gray/orange dev textures will probably have a grippy natural sufrace later, like gravel or tamped dirt. the pressed concrete and poured concrete will remain level accross their widths wherever that material is used and only be not level to change elevation, unlike the dev textured bit thats all waverly

why the fuck does unity keep ignoring what I set for the default resolution settings?

set it in the projects settings, not in the viewer

I've been trying to use perlin noise in gimp to create interesting maps.

How could I get more interesting map ideas? Some of these are a little bland, or difficult to work with, but I like the concept.

My trick for the player crouching/rolling, or for changing the players geometry at all. Just don't do it! Change the other things surrounding it so they interact differently depending on the state.

In my pic, the blue "trick" walls will not collide with the player when they roll. So it seems to the player like theyre rolling through the smaller gap.

Changing the players geometry will always create corner cases, in my experience.

>please note that the part in obvious gray/orange dev textures will probably have a grippy natural sufrace
>the pressed concrete and poured concrete will remain level accross their widths
what did he mean by this

Another one

NICE PROGRESS! I am really enjoying this game!

Are they colliding with the player and pushing him back?

thanks, it took me 1000 hours in mspaint.

I know the view doesn't matter. I've been using the player settings.

this is what discord does, what a quality place

agdg has been in way worse shape with more toxicity, more bullying, more disgusting drama based round named devs and their personalities

I hope that screen shake is temporary

Don't worry user, you'll be able to turn it off completely

Excellent, carry on

i've scrapped seasons past and am now working on a cyberpunk rpg

here's my barebones battle system

and here's my tile-based movement system, with support for precise movement and holding down keys

here it is with the camera following the player

Love it

Something wrong with is face m8

here it is without the camera following the player

>have interesting environment with iso view
>swap it out for cyberpunk meme look
>swap it out for trash JRPG battle game with tile movement
is this real?

it's a placeholder sprite

do you think the sprites look ok when their faces aren't disappearing?
everyone on /v/ shit on my graphics when i posted them in webm threads
>swap it out for trash JRPG battle game with tile movement
i like JRPG combat anyway, i'm going to make it like pokemon

How come some people make even a single square on a grid look nice?

In other words: good job on your progress.

That's what happens when you focus on the art for so long
You get burned out
Let this be a lesson to all that you should release with placeholder graphics

find a decent color palette

Looks like a lizard

just look at how AAA games do HUDs
>You get burned out
people hated my art, i didn't get burned out

you guys should really look for feedback that isn't from gamedevs, because gamedevs have lower standards

Gameplay for demo day is ready. Just have to make a bunch of QoL changes on the system level and do some basic menus and maybe a new bg and I'm gold.

How do I make a game

What's a good alternative to dice rolling for showing the player a random number? No modern technology allowed (i.e. no electricity/machinery).

Hardmode: Not a spinner

A playing card that flips over.

Second for trying to create a style that creates more problems than it solves.
>Health/Mana/EXP bars need to be monochrome
>Pop-up text would have to be monochrome
>Monsters are monochrome
>no way to denote gold/blood/fire/ice/other elements

Monochrome is probably way fucking harder to make functional than just having shitty normal flash looking art tbqh famillia.

>roulette ball.
>pool break