/scg/ /edg/ Citizen Star: Dangerous Elite General #220

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage
pastebin.com/Sbd5bPbH
>FAQs
pastebin.com/zS3Nv5Ru

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/gp6mA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

Requesting any neato relatively up to date Star Citizen ship chart. Correct scale or otherwise.

I think HL3 might be announced before 2050, so I'm not quite sure about this one.

Someone please blue pill me on UEC being purchasable with cash being acceptable?

Please, show me the docile complacent way.

Shark Cards in GTA are the same thing. I don't beleive they will keep the cap on purchase after the game releases. You can earn everything in GTA playing the game, CIG is just copying Rockstar's model.

Best I can find imgur.com/a/gp6mA

how are the games comparable though? considering what CIG is intending to make SC, a more accurate comparison would be to something like WoW, and even that's a stretch since very few top tier pieces of armor or weapons are purchasable through the AH. GTA online is bad example. 30 man rooms and from there you're likely to be joining online modules that don't carry over anything you have on your character?

I mean, I guess if you're trying to blue pill me I might accept that as an acceptable answer but I'm not buying it.

>and even that's a stretch since very few top tier pieces of armor or weapons are purchasable through the AH

That's not what people use the dollar to gold conversion for in WoW. They use it on carries. It's much safer than handing your account to Chinese gold farmers.

How do people not know this? There's entire websites and forums dedicated to this stuff.

It's not acceptable. Same as allowing people to spend 1000's of dollars on the game to start with fleets is incredible P2W aswell. My hope is that the whales fund the game, and the ability to play offline / private servers mean we can skip all the P2W once the game is released. Sadly there aren't many alternatives in this genre at the moment, so people get dragged along.

I managed to get a 7B fuel scoop and an
A 6A FSD and pimp it out to 30 some odd light-year jump with a +41 engineer roll. Got myself a fighter and srv hangar, but until I actually get some weapons in considering storing the fighter Bay.

Any ideas for weapon loadouts? I was considering mass beams.

Be honest. How many of you are now interested in the SC game? Not necessarily having to buy anything but just follow along with the game's development.

The whole point of this type of economy is to cap the inflation on the game currency. You can still buy regular cars in GTA all these years later because the currency is worth roughly the same it was when it debuted.

>How many of you are now interested in the SC game?

I was posting in /scg/ when it was still on /v/

Get off my space lawn

Especially if they announce it during the night am'rite?

/act/ was once on /v/? Holy shit, I can see the replies now.

>inb4 newfag.

Not everyone can be an oldfag from 2003.

/scg/*

the comparison still isn't applicable.
also,
>not forming a guild with your friends and running raids yourself

c'mon dog, the best days of WoW were had with friends, not paying for runs like a little cuckold.

it's funny watching people act like this isn't some form of pay2win. "b-b-but SC has no end game or goal, what are you "winning"?!?!" faggots.

so, it's FOR THE PLAYERS?!
ebin. yeah, I don't buy it. inflation? please, explain how this keeps inflation down. presumably, the prices would be controlled by CIG, like GTA, so where would the inflation come in? if they purposely make some things hard to obtain, aka a grind, how would introducing a currency that could be bought help inflation?

1. The capital shops and high pricing is to support funding the game, not some end result for the players to be op in the final product.

2. You can earn your way to a capital ship.

3. That "what are you winning???!!" Straw,an part. How about you actually answer it. What exactly are you winning?

theoretically it would be limited to such small amounts per month (like just barely enough to buy a starter aurora) that they only time someone would bother with it is if they had some catastrophic loss with no insurance or saved up credits to build themselves back up with.

That's the best case, obviously, it's much likely it will go full AAA game microtransaction hell.

Jesus Christ I forgot the most important note. It's a nearly barebones Conda save for a few D rated core internals.

citizencon was sick bros...literally looks like a blade runner movie with a $10 billion budget

God, can you imagine what CIG would able to do with a billion dollars let alone 10?

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Sean Murray is fun

I wonder how the 300 series is looking with it's rework.

Literally everything they've been doing already with maybe fewer ships because there's no financial incentive to do that anymore. Otherwise they pretty much pour as much budget into things as they want... like they already have and already do?

Keep in mind that you can't hire 10x more programmers and expect to get a project done faster. There's a *steep* drop-off in how much use you can put having more programmers than you need onto a project.

It's not, but purchasing ships is worse, so complaining about UEC is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

maybe they could finish 100 star systems

I'm glad they brought the engines down closer to the center of mass

>1. The capital shops and high pricing is to support funding the game, not some end result for the players to be op in the final product.

I understand that the ship selling is arguably a necessary evil, arguably, but UEC selling post-launch can't be the best way to monetize. I'd rather see a lootbox system like Overwatch (since it's honestly the best lootbox system I've seen) but even that'd be shit. Hell, even a subscription would be better.

And do you honestly think they'd not try and needle you into buying UEC like every other developer would with a system like this? they aren't angels and neither are the people. People bought ships because they got something out of it. They aren't just going to buy UEC because they feel like funding the game.

>2. You can earn your way to a capital ship.
>implying time isn't a huge factor behind p2w aspects being appealing to those who choose to use them.

>3. That "what are you winning???!!" Straw,an part. How about you actually answer it. What exactly are you winning?

If they make the game the say they're going to, like any sandbox, the reward will be in the game itself. Do you think the game is going to be void of player interaction? Competition? Whether it be direct or indirect, there will be plenty of it. Organization vs Organization... you don't think the UEC buying with play a factor in that? Even just a one on one PvP encounter would be decided by players with equal skill but the winner has a fatter wallet.

And it's not a strawman, I've seen people make that exact argument.

They aren't going to have their post-launch monetization be something people use in an emergency. I have no reason to believe what they say in any regard when it comes to positive consumer practices.

>That's the best case, obviously, it's much likely it will go full AAA game microtransaction hell.

>murder is worse than punching someone so complaining is meaningless

Anyone planning on learning the Xi’an language? That or Banu would be fun to use when doing business, especially publically.

I don't really expect Americans to pick up on it though. Every language I ever learned was from playing video games or watching tv shows from there.

>>murder is worse than punching someone so complaining is meaningless

More like someone who’s okay with murder has no business complaining about a little physical assault.

implying the person complaining about physical assault is okay with the murder? they're both shit but disliking one doesn't mean you're unable to complain about the other.

You're illiterate.

what am I missing? you're saying being okay with one thing means you can't complain about a lesser evil but no one ever said they were okay with the 'one thing' to begin with. you made a shitty point based upon bad information like a cunt and now you're trying to make me feel like a cunt because you were a cunt so go fuck yourself, cunt.

>3.0 september guys
>3.0 citcon guys
>3.0 december guys
literally exact same bullshit as last year

putting in refund now.

pic

> putting in refund now
ha-ha good luck with that

How many landing pad in AREA 18?

One of the things that made me tilt when they get into the Aurora 10m away from custom is that while it's perfect for gameplay, they are going to need this to scales with players population. And yes, even 24 players is going to be a lot once every start getting their Constellation and bigger.

They are going to need instancing anyway but where do you think the instance change? (the scanner room is a safe bet, during Q-travel too)

I predicted a christmas release way back in june

t. genius

well, currently on 3.0 you get a crime stat foe landing at a pad with getting station permission first, and ships despawn a few minutes after landing at a pad. So I'd assume it would be a "stay in holding pattern and wait your turn" situation when there's a crowd.

>without getting station permission first

I wish they'd work on docking collars or something. Needing to land on a landing pad in open space and walk out in a space suit to enter the station is stupid.

Leviski has actual hangers with giant airlock doors you land in, maybe we'll see stations with them soon. Docking collars seem to be a far off thing. And even then will only be for the big ass ships. Which is why the mustang rework better have ditched that buggy fucking tube

>still can't launch out of your hangar
where are the hangars even supposed to be

>friend and i watch stream
>ever since we found out exploration is going to be a thing, we said that's our job.
>see 8min warp time, we start talking about warp systems and say the aquila's warp systems will be godlike (we hope)
>have a massive hard on because of no loads, free flying and the other stuff
>at the end see a bunch of ballsacks with tentacles fly around and say we're going become exotic hunter as we explore.
>we joke around and say that there will be rules that we can't shoot unknown furna unless they're hostal, so thanks to Uncle Jimbo's friend, we'll be yelling "they're coming right for us."
>the topic then turns to how it may turn out like evolve on one planet. how awesome would it be to find some awesomely huge monster and try to hunt it or be hunted by it.

Sheeeeeit, but what about ships the size of a Freelancer or larger? Smaller ships maybe I can understand but once you hit something the size of a Freelancer or so it should be dockable.

Quick, what's the closet Master Chief looking armor in Star Citizen?

>8 min warp
it would be better if cig gave players a sliding scale of how fast they want to travel in QT

this way aurora pilots they can move from a to b without wanting to kill themselves and whales can take time rping or whatever the fuck whales do

The heavy marine armor(?)

Naw. 8 to 10 minutes in warp is best for everyone.

If you're in a smaller ship just place Pac-Man on your mobiglass.

>so where would the inflation come in?
The currency being tied to dollars is what caps its value. Because there isn't more than one currency like WoW, the main currency can't inflate more than the exact exchange for dollars. If WoW could sell Gold for dollars directly, there would not be the need for all the end game currencies that it uses for PvP and raid gear.
Eve has a basic version of this with plex. Because SC uses the RS model, there won't be a "billions of UEC for this" situation, unless it is worth billions

They've already decided that everybody else with a ship smaller than Polaris etc. gets to land on the landing pads and walk in like niggers in the back of the bus

ship-to-station docking never went away, but stuff like ship-to-ship docking was scrapped and most reworks having their collars removed.

aurora still designed to be docked en mass/ used like a japanese hotel since it's the toyota corolla of the universe

I just want to have a beach party with my fellow goyim with space walrus lazing about on some tropical jungle world with the 890 jump

That's getting reworked to be something else in 3.1+, closest in 3.0 would be the new heavy marine probably. Could dye it greenish when they add skins to armour.

You read my mind user. This has popped into my head multiple times.

We should colonize a planet and use it as a hub capital world for all Veeky Forums based groups. villages, towns, cities, states and provinces, city states, countries, governments, monarchies etc.

The planet could be divided into 2, 3,10, 20 countries depending on who claims the area and creates a governing player government.

I imaging internal wars might break out between countries though. But imagine banding together to fend off an alien invasion of Goons or something.

Maybe we can create space station defenses and use it to protect the planet. Mine the local asteroid belt, gas giants, home world etc for income for local governments.

Man that'd be radical. Imagine what colonization could be. In all I think a Veeky Forums based homeworld would be best. If worse comes to worse at least it'd be a safe haven from outsiders, unless some wild anons form a Mad Max group of bikers in the desert.

looks like one of the sets in reach a bit

That's even better than the previous. Yeah, green would make it look pretty spot on.

We had something similar in a modded minecraft server where every board had it's own faction and city.

We need to get a group of colonization ships loaded up when we get the resources and lay claim to a good world.

The possibilities get my head buzzing.

Preferably one with a breathable atmosphere.

>whales fantasizing about features that will never actually happen again

People said the same thing to me way back when I mentioned colonising planets before CIG even got to that at all.

what changed?

We have actual full planets, colonisation ships and equipment, farming etc. A lot happened from then until now.

I like the idea and all but I think globalization colonization plans should probably be shelved till we find out what the real cap of players in areas/instances actually will be.
It's all good for CR and CIG staff to dream about 1000's of players in areas but until they start locking in real numbers probably best to keep a leash on it.

>We have actual full planets.
procedural deserts.
>colonisation ships and equipment, farming etc.
where?

When the notion of planets at all was brought up it was laughed at. When actual planets were stated to be worked on it was laughed at until we got them. And thus the procedural planets will be laughed at until they are fleshed out.

As for the rest, see planets.

>procedural deserts
we're talking star citizen here not e;d

landing on planets were literally planned from day 1.

procedural deserts were not, and were a huge mistake that literally caused 5+ years of delays for no benefit.

what interactive content is there in that pic? it's a nice looking procedural forest if you really care about seeing the same tree a million times.

As someone who has been in forests I can barely tell trees apart as it is.

first off you're shifting the goalpost.point is not every planet will be a desert.
>what sort of gameplay should i expect
farming on tree planets where you can grow trees.mining on desert planets that have an overflow of resources

>The possibilities get my head buzzing.
thats SC "gameplay"

Hull C is too sluggish and cant land on planets loaded. Its a sitting duck that only loads on stations.

have you lived your whole life in downtown LA or what?
>I've been to a forest once
wew

Still waiting for the medium outlaw reword.

>We have actual full planets
in tech demo

I live in the country next to a large forested area that stretches for miles. I just only ever went in it once.

Is this the new denial? When the game is actually released what will be the excuse then?

Ah yes, I forgot the landing thing, so I guess the Starfarer Gemini really is the best all around choice for a large hauling ship.

you said
and I'm saying that koolaid fueled fantasies in your head are not reality

>When the game is actually released what will be the excuse then?
excuses? I will be playing that shit

are you drunk? you just said that cig proved that they can make planets through a tech demo.now you're saying planets are a work of fantasy?

>you said what
lol

log in into your client and make me some screenshots or webms of you landing on a planet, I'm waiting

Yes, and NMS had fantastic planets in all its tech demos and teasers, that looked nothing like the procedurally generated shit we got in game, and was all pre-made anyway. No reason they're not doing the same here.

>pretending to be retarded this early/late
lmaoing at your life neet

>post screenshots
>lmao you neet XD
kys

Sean is way too much of a crook. Hes the fucking worst.

y-you too ugu

>inb4 suicide ganking

It will be fun once SC has the first contact with this.

Already have it in the baby PU at Olisar, just no real losses.

Although the one account/one char policy might make it harder. Nothing stops whales of rolling two accounts and scoop the remains with another.

So Star Citizen is like 2 years away, right?

It MIGHT be enjoyable 2020 yes

Some of the whales already bought dozens of the old 30 dollar Aurora packs thinking they'd be npc character slots to crew their capital ships with

3.0 this year
Squadron 42 vertical slice December
3.1 2018 Q1
Squadron 42 Episode 1 And 3.2 2018 Q2

>Squadron 42 Episode 1 And 3.2 2018 Q2
lolno

SQ42 at late 2018 at the earlier, the basic level AI still has major issues. After it's feature complete it'll need several months of bug testing and fixing (far more than 3.0 needs) and then the marketing push while they do all that.