Asymmetrical Slasher Series General /assg/

Don't sleep yet, Meggers

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
In development. Class based with weaker killers. Beta Delayed yet again.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1480982338946530500/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

Holy shit, is that a dead thread?!:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-kfZZdPvggw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is huntress considered higher tier? Is the ranged power that good?

The mobility and terror radius put me off. Also shitty teachable

Yes, it is that good.
The mobility and humming mean she can have a rough start if the survivors are all playing hide-and-seek; use Whispers and you're good.
Yes, all her perks are terrible. Least awful is a Hex perk, for fuck sake.

ded thred

ranged ability means you can limit their pallet looping/window hopping. It's not as good as the Nurse, but it's still very good at dealing with it
Her perks are pretty shit, and Lullaby has no business being a hex. Territorial Imperative is situational, mostly being useful on basement funtime builds. Beast of Prey is barely useful outside of a meme pick with Doctor and his red stain addons.

Have been playing for about a week and a half, mostly survivor, spent the last few hours playing the shape and having fun but holy shit is playing killer stressful also try hard SWF groups with multiple BNP is cancer. How do you killer mains put up with the stress? makes me wanna facecamp the cunts.

>more than 30k in-game right now
>lobby times are longer than they were the last two nights
what

I destress after shit games by picking doctor and playing as cancerously as possible
camping, lots of zaps, tunnelling
it's fun

more people play killer than the usual because of Freddy. it's the same with every new release. since people cry even more about him being OP than with LF people are more inclined to buy and shit on kids before the nerf.

>put into dreamland just by being glanced at
>difficult to avoid him because you can't even see him
>can't [wake me up] without another survivor or by failing an action
>both of which require you not being chased
>but he can find you if you're outside his terror radius
I did drop a pallet on freddy while I couldn't see him though, it was biblical

I think they ought to remove the aura thing in dreamland, that might make him a little better.

What if they just made Wraith a survivor? He can use his bing bonger to hide and his weapon can stun the killer.

or have an action to wake yourself up like with the doctor

He can also cloak survivors while healing them.

desu just let wraith be permanently in cloaked mode, even when he attacks and shit. Let him uncloak for a brief period to get a speed boost or something.

im not sure he is about to heal dwight

>>or by failing an action
And only for 100 bp lel. It should award more.

best killer for chasing not including nilly/burse?

freddy probably or trapper

>try to slip in a locker cause incoming freddy
>he finds my locker
>locker magics itself open and dwight's face is frozen in terror at the empty air in front of him
>notreadyforfreddy.exe
>gently placed back on hook

Huntress

post yfw playing as freddy and you find all four survivors in a cluster

>playing freddy

Is it rude to stand around and let the killer get a hit on you before you exit? Without tbagging, of course.

Some people might think it's patronizing i guess

I've seen a few guys do it while I was chasing them, and they got a lucky skill check. But all it did was buy them 7 more seconds.

I honestly can't decide if he's broken, or if Survivors have been OP for so long that a balanced Killer just seems broken. After all, Killers are supposed to be the ones deciding the pace of the match

I do it so they can at least get some points out of it, I just dont teabag

Nah. Typically its just people trying to get more points, and it gives the Killer more points too.

>hook is too far
>maybe I should let him escape?
>whatever
>carry him to the hook
>people say gg
>guy starts a massive rage about how upset he is about the doctor and how he hates everyone
Again, why are people trying to be nice to survivors?

are the frogs even aware of how awful their community is? how would they feel knowing they have one of the worst communities ever?

Just leave the fucking game.

I try to be 'reward' the last guy if he was a good/nice player. And by good I don't mean a pallet-looping fag, I mean someone who sacrifices himself to save another

of course not. The main dev in those streams is so delusional that he refuses to take any criticism.

>wahhhh the community

Why do people always bitch about this? It's very easy to ignore the community with the mute button if you are that much of a baby. Remember when people used to say its the internet what the fuck do you expect and now they say wahhh the community is meanie dookie pants please fix it devs!

honestly, what are they even supposed to do? they are the ones that have to look at infinite "waaah he camped meeee" reports

>mute the community
youtube.com/watch?v=-kfZZdPvggw

They could at least try to implement something beyond their shitty report system that punishes people for being cunts.
The LoL system starting go wild and would even ban big streamers for being douchebags.

They can try adding a way to censor insults, I tried to show this game to my gf and it was a cringe fest reading the post game chat.
Also add a way to softban the retards that report every game so that the frogs don't get flooded with reports.
I'm not gonna add some random mod on steam just to report a guy, this should be only a thing if you need to show a video not a fucking pic.

>Don't kill survivors
>They tease me for being bad
>Kill survivors
>They call me a tryhard

There's some basic shit you've got to learn to endure if you want to play online multiplayers. People will shittalk, they will teabag you or whatever is that game's equivalent of that is. When people go overboard and trap people on the map, or go into spill their autistic/racist spaghetti on you, that's reportable, and that includes shitters threating to report you for made up reasons and spazzing out for you playing the way you want, or going to your profile to insult you. But I find it easier to ignore and drop a gg and leave.

Killer tiers don’t take teachables into account

>how would they feel knowing they have one of the worst communities ever?
you know every single game community says this about themselves
omg we're so bad xddd
kill yourself you whiny pissbaby

play more games friend

My Shrine has Play With Your Food, Brutal Strength, Dead Hard, and Saboteur, which one should I get?

>My Shrine
>My

True but it was just a side note as to why i haven't played her. Still fairly new so unlocking decent teachable is kind of a priority. I don't really enjoy playing nurse but she has some great perks, her or doctor next.

They're the same for everyone. DH if you're a survivor main, Brutal if Killer

Brutal Strength is top tier if you don't already have it.

why did you got triggered so much about a simple question?

>you know every single game community says this about themselves
no, lol. Dishonored, Shadow of War/Mordor games, F13, all have great communities.

>F13 has a great community.

Ehh. They're good to their own I guess. They encourage artists and inside jokes. There's always SOMEONE down to watch one of the movies somehow. But they really do not take well to criticism. They know they're playing a flawed game, and attack anyone who tries to point that out, as if the devs can do no wrong.

Aside from that, yeah. Stellar group of dudes to circlejerk with.

>Dishonored, Shadow of War/Mordor games
>singleplayer games
wowee
>F13
>casual game
wowee
okay let me rephrase that, any online communtiy that is even the slightest bit competitive will have retards like you whining about MUH TOXINS STOP SAYING WORDS ON THE INTERNET

>DbD
>Competitive
absolutely lmao. enjoy my last (You), retard. you deserve ot

IMHO dead hard no matter what you main. Having to level multiple survivors is stupid so getting top tier perks with IS is extremely useful. All killers are different but every survivor is the exact same.

Wow.....pretty strong bait here.

did they change the way rank ups worked? Just played my first game in a while and I got 18k score and killed everyone but barely reached the black pip which used to be the old safety one

I just can't bring myself to use rare items and addons. I have ten Fragrant Tufts of Hair for example and didn't use it even once. Same for survivor items. I propably use only common shit because I'm afraid of losing rare items in vain.
Anyone else with same problem? I get that there is no point in hoarding itms if you don't use it, but I just can't help myself.

Same with me with offerings, I don't really care about items that are not limited to events. But whenever I burn a rare offering it ends up being a shit game.

No. Use your items, save 2 or 3 of them as a minimum amount.

It would be nice if the killer could retain their shit if they managed a 4sac but the devs said killer would never ever be allowed to keep add-ons. For what reason, I do not know.

You have to sacrifice 4 people for double pip now
Yes its retarded
Yes it encourages camping even more

4sac would make keeping very rare/ultra-rare tryhard shit pretty easy.

>people are so used to Fredboy they forget Best Billy is still around

>MS
Why tho

>10% increase to failed attempts
>10% faster progression

also because he's only lvl 30 and the other perks suck

DED SERVER DED THREAD DED GAME

>You have to sacrifice 4 people for double pip now
I did and didn't even get the proper pip, just the black one

Did you sac, or slug?

Did anyone dc? If they do it sometimes doesn’t count them towards your pip.

Pallet looping is really killing this game for me. It's such a huge longstanding issue but the devs are just completely ignoring it. I just with we could get the message through to them.
I added Cote on Steam just to see what would happen, but I obviously don't expect him to accept the request.

Play nurse, freddy or huntress

Imagine how many fucking bloodpoints you could be getting if you didn't have to wait half an hour for a match

isn't it 9%?

>Freddy
Freddy can't do shit against pallet looping. Also people shouldn't be restricted by killer choice just to deal with a common tactic that any and every survivor can do free of cost.

nope i just tried the new killer freddy
nope

>freddy
Nani? He's basic m1 killer.

Yeah, but same difference if you ignore the 1%
I only use it because I have IG 3, so its pretty much always basement time. I'm not sure how big a difference the 10% makes though, but having only 9/10 of the time to rescue someone can be the difference between an entity summon or not

>see survivor in pallet loop
>ignore until he gets to bad area as observed through your wallhacks
>ez down
Make the most of what you got fellas.

>I only use it because I have IG 3, so its pretty much always basement time
m8, IG is not what it used to be. It gives 2 spare seconds now, which is fucking nothing.

>Chase someone else
>They pallet loop
>Go for someone else
>They also pallet loop
So the answer is to just not kill anyone?

Does anyone else have times when the "wake up" prompt isn't coming up even though you're awake? I'll sometimes dance 20 seconds around someone to have it finally appear.

>Go for someone else

But he never said that.

He's suggesting I just walk away and leave him alone. That's not a fucking counter it's just avoiding the problem.

Almost every area has a pallet to loop, and smart survivors stay near the pallets.

You kinda have to loop straight at them for it to work. Also if youre against freddy and youre recovering when someone is trying to get you up, they cant revive you since itll cancel them out of waking you up

is freddy the ultimate slug farmer?

idk, i typically can always get to the basement as long as its not on the other side of the map

IG plays very little part in that. Use AGI instead.

He's a pretty good slugger. Still think Nurse and Billy are better though.

Most of the pallet loops can be mindgamed, the actual waist high pallet loops with huge runarounds are the issues and those are the ones you avoid.

>mindgamed
Yeah, if survivor is retarded.
>the actual waist high pallet loops with huge runarounds are the issues and those are the ones you avoid
Yeah, it's a good thing that I choose which spot survivor uses to pallet loop. Oh wait.

You should know where those pallet loops are already if you’ve played killer at all, survivors are more than happy to show you where they are so that you know where a good place to chase the survivor is and where it isn’t. That’s one of the reasons freddy is strong.

Mind games are healthy, if the survivor is mind gaming you on the smaller pallet loops instead of the other way around then that’s on you.

> F13
>Community

>you know where a good place to chase the survivor is and where it isn’t
It's up to them where to run and stay. Not only they have a 7 seconds (without addons that is) of spare time, most of them have sprint burst, lithe or dead hard.
You can hope mindgaming only the smallest pallet loops against competent survivors, which is not most of them at all.
Freddy is strong right now because he's bugged. Once they'll fix him he'll be much weaker.

THERE ARE DOZENS OF US

There are thousands if you factor in console numbers.
Fuck off.

>He cares about console numbers

No. He and doctor are the same.
Once you get 2 sacs you've won the game.

>console

What is the full list of Freddy bugs, so far?
>wrong sound effect for kicking gens
>mori animation is fucked, I guess?
>I guess the Fire Up speed bonus is always maxed, or something?
>his model is half the size it's supposed to be

Is the size thing a bug? Raw shark's actor is 5' 5".