/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

No gods, no daedra, only gears edition.
PC NA will be running the new trial on Sunday, at 6pm EST. Get your free Asylum weapons from an easy trial!

>Elder Thread
>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch
tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Guide for the Recently Started and People Who Haven't Been Back Since Before One Tamriel]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

>Making gold
youtube.com/watch?v=4i9gzyTCqIY

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[PS4 EU] message PSN: RumpRustler for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
Yes. And the thread is worth bumping!

Other urls found in this thread:

dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online
g2a
kinguin
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355598/why-the-next-expansion-should-be-a-portion-of-the-summerset-mainland-datamined-stuff/p1
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26171
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Which edition should I get?
Gold if you don't plan to subscribe, Tamriel Unlimited if you're subbing right out of the gate. Subbing is totally optional, with its largest benefits being access to all DLC (but NOT "chapters," of which Morrowind is currently the only one), cash shop currency upon sub start/renewal, and the Craft Bag, which is shared between all your characters on a megaserver and holds all crafting materials, potentially freeing up a lot of space.

>Do I need Morrowind?
If you REALLY wanna go to Vvardenfell, play a Warden, or engage in the new PvP mode (Battlegrounds -- not the same as WoW's), yes. But there's a TON to do without it.

>Which faction should I choose?
Daggerfall Covenant: Most generic-fantasy faction. Humans and Orcs. Forests, haunted crags, and desert. Literally everyone who plays loves the leader.
Aldmeri Dominion: Elves and cats. Forests, forests, grassland, and savannah. Leader just wants everyone to get along. Under her rule.
Ebonheart Pact: Variety. Drunken vikings, Dark Elves, and lizards. Snow, volcanoes, and swampland. Leader has fuck all to do with most of the story. Probably too busy drinking.

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online (official reseller)
>======
There's been talk of stolen credit cards being used to buy keys, but a lot of people still get it through one of the following and have no problems:
>======
g2a
com/?search=elder%20scrolls%20online
>======
kinguin
net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (consensus suggests this is the least trustworthy)
>======
Of course there's always the main site and Steam. We do not suggest Steam, as it complicates installation (apparently people are having to download the game twice, and it's gigantic already) and, in theory, access, if the Steam servers go down. Maybe if their price is good enough.

>What is animation canceling? Is it worth learning?
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug

Wait we reached the end of a thread?

It happens sometimes.

Is anyone else's character invisible for a few seconds after they use a wayshrine? Only started happening with CWC update.

do I really need daggers on my stamblade if I want to do aoe melting for grinding?

You can use whatever you want if it's just for grinding.

That's always happened, it loads the environment then the players.

It has never happened to me before this patch. It was only other players that were invisible, then turned black, then turned normal. I guess it's something I'll get used to now.

Xth for Gas the Mer!

Is the drop rate for Spell Power Cure lower than the Imperium and Essence Thief sets?

I know what you mean. Happen sometimes before, but happens all the time now.

No
get back to grinding
make sure you collect those shards so you can open the vaults

Is it worth it to stick with Daedric Prey, or does Haunting Curse also get the job done?

I mean I want to be able to grind real fast

I guess you're the magsorc who dropped his pet build, use haunting curse

meant to quote

Summerset seems pretty cool if this is anything to go by
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355598/why-the-next-expansion-should-be-a-portion-of-the-summerset-mainland-datamined-stuff/p1

tfw you want to do quests, but you really gotta get your level up to 50 while the XP is good, but questing is just such slow leveling

But it's so dumb. I seem to get complete morons most of the time. Even randoms in Mazzatun and Cradle of Shadows do better. I just had to solo Molag Kena from 100k hp as a healer because everyone else was too dumb not to stand next to the lightning aspects when they explode. It took like 5 years for us to beat the dragonknight bosses because everyone kept standing in every aoe possible and dying. What is it about White Gold Tower that attracts idiots?

make sure you ask my guy

Should I buy the monthly bundle?
Is the card game any good?

Please respond I'm struggling to find a game I truly like I feel I hate everything ;_;

go to the necropolis in alik'r (top right corner

ez leveling

I got 50 just by doing one faction's questline and coldharbour/main quest in 2 day during one of the xp events, before they buffed quest xp.

But yeah like said necropolis still top tier also zombies in coldharbour outside vile lab is also pretty reasonable but the second there is 3+ people including yourself the xp rate plummets which is why people go skyreach even thought the xp/h isn't as good you don't have deal with 3rd person turning up.

>while the XP is good
What did he mean by this?

tfw want to sleep for the trials tomorrow, but also want to finish leveling

I do some of that, but it's even more boring than dolmens. I just like doing the actual quests and taking my time, exploring all of the dialogue trees

event XP boost

I just made a redguard warden (because the commercial was so BADASS), thinking I want to use him for pvp. Stam dps, likely. But possibly a tank/healer hybrid. Is there any use for those, or is that a shit build? Bad at DPS in this game, so I don't mind playing support. I don't need to be a top ranked player, but I'd like to have fun, if at all possible

A warden redguard stamina dps/tank/healer hybrid build?

Sorry. Stam dps OR tank/healer

stam warden is one of the best classes for PvP right now, and redguard one of the best stamina races

>stam warden is FOTM meta shit for PvP right now

>mfw my single target dps have gone from 27k to 20k since Morrowind

they may be FOTM but wardens in general are still rare in cyrodiil, it takes me much more time to finish the "kill 20 wardens" quests than any other class

Is crafting worth it?
I heard that set bonuses are everything in this game.

yes.

Did they hotfix Taskmaster Zagrahk today? I was melting him yesterday but it feels like he's tankier today. Also, why don't the trolls with him drop anything? Makes farming gold there that much worse.

After 1500 hours I have finally found my playstyle.

All hail user(me) the soon to be greatest magdk that ever lived

Is the Precursor worth the effort it takes to get?

yea he's pretty cool

not yet.

I like how shiny the hollowman is, subliminal purple looks like really bright odd gold in metal parts also for extra shine

ded

>subliminal purple
*transliminal violet

crown sale when?

rrrreeee

>Should I buy the monthly bundle?
>Is the card game any good?
I like it, if you've been playing ESO you'll recognize a lot of names and the card abilities will make intuitive sense.

Caveats:
- if you're playing Legends on Steam, when you link your Bethesda account needed to redeem the pack, your stats will be overwritten by Bethesda Launcher stats. Link early or lose progress.
- if you redeem Quake Champions, you need to link your Bethesda account to play that at all, and that will also link Legends as above without warning at the same time.
- for a long time, you got a ton of gold/soul gems/card packs by linking your Bethesda account to Twitch and watching streams of Legends. this has been nerfed to the ground: you could open a bunch of streams, get a drop, then close and wait until the 6 hour cooldown. They claim this never worked, but that's a lie and it's only been fixed on Friday. What this means is that older players likely have a full collection even from f2p, while you'll have trouble catching up. I started when this bundle came up for sale, and I have all premade decks and 2/3rd of the DB DLC unlocked through this and playing. I had one drop of 100 gold yesterday and 50 on Friday, nothing so far today.

thanks for the link, user. good stuff. i especially loved the idea of the Altmer seeing all the Vestiges as a single, multi-faced entity, the Numinous One, and the idea of a single (incredibly special) invitation to visit the Summerset Isles covering all of us for that reason.

>card game
no idea, my lad. ESO is pretty great, though. i do know the cards are fun to look at!
>I feel I hate everything
do you go to /v/, user? if so, you might want to consider not doing that, or taking it in small doses

recently

>recently
wait what?

elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26171

sorry, lad

Im so ashamed, but for my defence im a bit tipsy

Should I be using the Homestead builds on Alcast's website if I don't own any of the DLC?

no the basegame has been updated well past that

when can i expect more

Does the setbonus of the Master Bow on backbar works when I am on frontbar?

Yes. I'm looking for a group who can do vDSA atm.

Would anyone on ps4 na mind crafting gear? I don't know any crafters and I'm broke because I started recently

Expanding a bit on the rest of the bundle:
- ESO: Steam integration is a lot better than it was a year ago, if you installed this week you only downloaded the Clockwork City patch on top of the base install. Auto-login is neat, and if you launch eso64.exe manually you can still use your regular ESO account to log in manually, assuming you had the game previously. (If you bought on Steam before One Tamriel last autumn, you received a standalone product key as well, since then if you buy Steam you only get Steam).
- Quake Champions: 2000 favor (5000 needed for unlocking a champion for 24 hours temporarily) and two champions unlocked: Ranger, well-rounded and the base champ everyone will get once it goes f2p, and BJ, who is included as a joke. This also disables you from purchasing the Champion Pack on Steam (unless you remove it from your account) and only lets you fully unlock through the Bethesda store, or through procuring eg. on ebay a Champion Pack promotional code bundled with some AMD products, which would regularly only let you play on the reviled Bethesda Launcher instead of Steam.

Sure, what are you looking for? Or message kibukj, I'll be on in a few minutes

Find something to be happy about other than games, then go back to it

Sent a message

Yeah, they really fucked the Twitch drops hard. Used to be the rewards were a random legendary card, 600 gold, or 1500 soulgems. Then they watered it down by adding 50-100 gem/gold tiers. Then I went like a week getting nothing but 50-100 packs and gave up on it entirely since it's a mild pain in the ass dealing with it and for that payoff it wasn't worth it.

how long is it supposed to take grinding dolmens? 182% XP bonus and it's still taking a half an hour of dolmens to level up. Thought it was quicker? My character isn't good enough to mob farm, so I'm stuck with this until I can train better skills

do you have DLC? just grind Covetous Countess in the Thieves Guild instead, it's just running to one area, handing items over, handing in the quest then pick up next item delivery.

Don't XP grind it's boring and will burn you out.

>100th plunder skull drops the thicketman mask
aw yeah

not sure if i wanna waste the gold on the cottage now that i have the option available to me. doesnt really fit my characters

He's obviously making an alt. No none would be so retarded as to dolmen grind their first character to max level.

tfw finally got 25 crystals from a geode

>No none would be so retarded as to dolmen grind their first character to max level.

I did this exact same thing :'(

Reminder that trial today at 6pm EST on PC NA

screenshot or it didn't happen, you lying sack of shit.

feels so good after nothing but 1-4s

>wait, what does destroying anchors do when you're in the fighters guild? because I'm a sorcerer and thought it wasn't worth it.....

I can kind of sympathize, in my 300 hours of skyrim I've never joined the companions or started the dark brotherhood questlines as they seemed unappealing, but lol.

I've been wasting this event for most parts due to work and being lazy, but i finally got my arse off of dye stations / town centers and grinded 10 levels today reaching 50 on my NB.

Don't think i've ever gained that many in 1 day since exp cake event, and even those were early levels.

PS* magblade is insanely fun, even with my awful net and sub-par skills i managed to solo few world bosses which felt like insane achievement.

This grind talk is worrisome. Is there a reason not to quest to level characters up? Haven't got the game but I thought the whole point of ESO was that it was a game of adventure and avoiding grind until you hit end game, then you can spin plates for cosmetics and marginally better gear.

looking for ez vma pet sorc build

>Dubious Camoran Throne prices are being gouged to high heaven since Potent Brew is practically free
Well shit, i'm not paying 500K for that.

New player here, is there a list of the essential UI addons one needs for this game? It's not as bad as Skyrim for PC but the limitations are huge.

Also, my mouse sensitivity sometimes goes super high before going back to normal in this game, is this normal? All sort of mouse acceleration features in the options menu are set to off.

I'm grinding my third character up to max. You can do a lot of questing to get up to 50, but not for all 10 character slots. Additionally, I just want this one for PVP, so I'm grinding to get it ready fast, so I can just jump in quick with it. Also did a lot of grinding with my second character, because it was a tank. All the questing I do is solo, so a tank makes questing very tedious. But in general, I really like the quests in the game.

PC NA NORMAL ASYLUM SANCTORIUM TRIAL RUN HAPPENING IN 30 MINUTES

youtube alcasts summoner build you dirt kissing scrub

The add-on isn't working for me

the addon removes the option to accept non-covetous countess quests from the job board, so you can spam E on it until you pick up the quest. that's all it does, I think. try enabling outdated addons in the menu?

first you need to do the intro job, which is picking pockets in Hew's Bane. after that the board and the addon should function. you need five categories of items for each possible job, but it tends to stick to one or two for a stretch. you can empty the two daggerfall ships with no observers inside or below decks, and they should spawn enough items you can launder to start the quest chain. this works because the rewards themselves include laundered items which in good likelihood fit the quest criteria.

i dont have cwc because im POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

Time 4 trial

who healer here na pc

And that's how you fuck up Olms.

nope. Outdated addons allowed. It just keeps asking me to go grab that dude's pipe

Thanks for the trial run, I don't get to catch them often.

you want the job board inside the Den, in the room with the pathway leading to the banker's area

How hard vmol is compared to hard mode vso

bump

>Didn't take a group photo in front of Olms
Fuck

>posing for normals
Is this something PC NA really does?
LAMOW

>Not creating everlasting memories with your guild
Haha! Check out these asocial fags!

>didn't get to teabag olms

fug

Yeah yeah fix the fucking warden bear crashing my game thanks