Gf not getting paid for her hours

>gf get unpaid internship at PR company for her college credit
>she does good, boss offers to make her work more and pay her for only 20 hrs out of the 32 hrs
>umm ok
>she does this for a couple weeks
>i look up labor laws, it straight up says that if youre doing a paid internship, federal law requires that you be paid for your goods and services, ie she should get paid for every hour that she worked (shes actually bringing in clients for the company)
>she talked to her boss yesterday, told her her academic credit hours are complete, asked if she could start getting paid for the hours that shes working
>her boss says shell check her budget and let her know
>now its today
>my gf is still working for nothing basically
>boss hasnt said anything
>im telling my gf that not only is she workig for nothing right now, but her employer owes her backpay for all those unpaid hours
>because her agreement to pay 20/32 hours was never legal
>gf is too shy and timid to say anything

What should I do guys? My gf is too scared of controntation. i dont think she should just let her boss exploit her like this. I was thinking to send an email to her boss but thats weird. Advice?

tell her to grow some balls and do it herself faggot

Into the police and court it goes.

fpwp

IMO she should bow out graciously and thank the company for her internship. She'll need their positive reference if she were to ever make it in the paid working world.

She's getting college credit, she's lucky she's getting paid at all. If you send her boss an email, you will torpedo her chances of a salary position later on. If your plan is to get her fired and ruin her reputation in the industry over chickenshit, continue the way you are thinking.

This. Don't burn bridges. Nothing personnel in business. She should ask her boss as a follow up (I didn't know there were people so beta they didn't do this automatically), and politely put in her two weeks if the response is no.

Also, your behavior is exact reason why millennials have a terrible reputation. It hasn't even been a full day since she brought it up (shouldn't have done this in the first place) and you're expecting the manager to drop everything to give her more money. Stop micromanaging your girlfriends life. You sound like a complete maniac and an ass.

Why would she quit now? The semester is nearly over and she would fail her college credit. Her internship likely expires then anyway.

I'd be embarrassed that I brought it up to begin with and would never speak of it again. If there's any clue that her quitting is due to not being paid, it could bite her in the ass.

If anything, she can do it indirectly by stating she is accepting a paid position somewhere else.

If she throws a tanty just because she's not getting paid for an unpaid internship and quits, she may as well never speak of the internship again because every time someone phones her former boss to discuss her performance, he/she will shit all over her name.

This. I certainly would never want to work there OP, but she should basically just finish her internship, get a good reference, and get the fuck out.

Not quit now, finish her internship and then when it's all done don't try to work there. Just get the reference and get out.

And it's just that fucking simple.

>literal slavery
>chicken shit

Lmao

This. She's right to be embarrassed.

Business recruitment is a free market. Confrontation is not going to be a positive thing no matter how you do it. You vote with your feet by working somewhere else and being polite and nice about it the whole way through.

Do not fucking push her to do this OP, she's better off taking what she can get as a student and expressing her displeasure by not working there after the internship's over.

She already completed all her credits. Shes been working for weeks for jo py and no college credit now. Why not get paid for it?

>Academic credit hours are complete
I interpreted that to mean she was done with the part required for school

It's not an unpaid internship though. Bowing out because you don't believe you're being compensated fairly for the work you're doing is perfectly reasonable and people quit all the time from positions for that reason without animosity. After all, her boss is limited by a budget and would almost certainly pay her as requested if she could.

There is literally nothing wrong with negotiating higher pay with your employer. If OP's girlfriend has gotten all she wanted out of it, there's no reason to stay in a place she feels she's not being fairly valued.

Did anyone actually read the OP?

She didnt ask about her unpaid hours. She asked her boss if, moving forward, she could simply get paid for the hours that works from this point on. I suggested asking for backpay, but ig thats inappropriate.

Fuck it then. Email her boss and demand money. See how it works out and let us know. PR is a soul-less leach or a profession either way, she deserves to get fucked over regardless.

Im not going to email her boss out of nowhere.

I told her if her boss doesnt say anything, tell her she will not work more than the 20 hours that shes being paid.

The whole purpose of an internship is that it is for the benefit of the internee. If the employer is benefitting from her immediate services, it is a employee relationship. If she is an employee, she should get paid for her hours worked.

The amount of money you make as an intern in college is so insignificant compared to the amount of money you will make when you get out of college assuming you are motivated and got a worthwhile degree. It sucks if she is being taken advantage of, and if she doesn't feel good about it, she should leave on good terms after she gets her college credit. There is no way that rocking the boat here will benefit her in the long run though. Trying to make a few hundred extra bucks or whatever is not worth potentially making an enemy in the industry you want to be in.

>After she gets her college credit

Why reply to a post you didn't fully read?

>asking to be paid for your profitable goods and services is millenial entitlement

wow, never knew I would see a wanna-be baby boomer on this board

He said she would fail her college credit if she leaves now. You even replied to that comment:

Lol white knighting your gf at her career. Get a new hobby you faggot and let her deal with it herself. Let me guess you are "high school sweethearts"?

Oh and one more tip, women bitch about their jobs. Full stop. Don't try to fix their problems at work they're just venting, ideally get her to bitch to a girl friend of hers.