/dg/ - Destiny General

Guardian Down Edition

>>LIVE EVENTS Gauntlet
Nightfall: The Arms Dealer - Torrent & Zero Hour
Flashpoint: Io
Xur: Io - Giant's Scar. Actium War Rig, Knucklehead Radar, Eye of Another World, DARCI
Trials: LOL?!?!

>>NEWSCLANSLINKS

first for pc

>tfw casual pleb who doesn't minmax

I just jumped from level 17 to 20 on that character not even an hour ago.
This is my main.

hmmmm

>female titan

Anything worthwhile from the token vendors?

Absolutely everything about this character is disgusting

Awoken, female, terrible gear, terrible facial features, jesus christ blacklisted

I like your character

I think there are some cool looking armor sets for each planet.

whatever you say lightlet

commander 'pull a nine on the welfare line' zavala

Legendary weapon mods which are unlocked at 280? light require blue mods right? is it a good idea to just dump glimmer into random blue mods at the gunsmith in the meantime in this case?

can someone explain how making an alt can push my light higher than my first character

this

I was born in the light, molded by it

>Play the game for hours: smooth as butter
>Visit any social space/look at clan roster: Its like someone took a Sunshot to my CPU

The memory leak on console was annoying, but daaaaamn...

more powerful engrams, gearing lower characters is easier because sharing the higher level weapons at 20 boosts power level a lot

Real talk though you need 1 more resilience

LOOKING FOR ONE MORE FOR NF PC
Add Sen#1127

I think the idea is you make a duplicate class alt, equip it with your highest level gear, and then do the weekly milestones and other limited events to double dip the rewards at a higher level. I haven't tried it myself though and have heard there are systems in place to make this tactic more difficult.

Where do I get that emblem?
Once the second Char hits 20 you transfer over you gear to boost them. THEN you do the Milestones on that char to get the guranteed higher light items.
Instead of getting these bumps thru play you use them at the end when youve already boosted thanks to old gear.

you can move weapons onto the fresh level 20 to give it a quick boost that allows you to quickly catch up to your main characters light level while allowing you to get a 2nd round of weeklys/1 time "powerful gear" boosts.

Its not worth doing because rushing to 305 light is completely pointless. You wont have a need for very high light until december and you can very comfortably get there on 3 characters by just the weeklies and a small amount of grinding post 260

Same shit happens to me.
Also usually need to start the game twice because it gets stuck at the first loading screen.

It was so much easier making friends on xbox...

Check their inventory to find out.

Once you're 280 you can turn in 3 of the same blue mod for 1 of the same purple mod. So if you have 3 Solar Damage mods you can turn those in for a single +5 power Solar Damage mod once you're 280. Until you're 280 you should just be spending glimmer on getting a bunch of mods anyways.

In Destiny 2 it doesn't work that way. Making 2 of the same class doesn't boost your power level like you might think it does. Its actually not beneficial in anyway unless you max a character, delete that entire character and re-make that class.

Remember the friend game IS the endgame

All you really need is the FWC chest and you can look about the same and get 4/5/6

tfw no friends

Not him but why?

>Where do I get that emblem?
Failsafe packages

I have a new shitter question.

Should I keep legendary items? I keep hearing about things you should keep and I've been dumping rares and shit in the vault if they have special effects. Basically I don't know what I'm doing.

>4 mobility
That won't do sweetie.
I gotta go fast.

5/4/6 also works

same it’s why I’m in a clan

If its purple or yellow keep it. Blues can get sharded, they serve no purpose.

Mobility doesn't affect sprint speed though.

Why is this game dead already?

word but there's no clan chat and the roster is broken

lmao epic game really

I can hit 17 points on my titan, what's your excuse

>Mobility doesn't affect sprint speed though.
The fuck does it even do then.

Thank you.

tfw clan are just quick pump and dumps
I want some bros to kill Ayys with

increase jogging speed and jump height

4 Resilience is the base you need to survive 4 MIDA headshots and 1 bodyshot in PvP. People use MIDA as the measuring stick because its incredibly popular.

It effects jump height, walk speed and strafe speed (ADS strafe).

yeah having to have discord and the game open coupled together at all times is slightly annoying but eh

almost no endgame
i dont know why they couldnt have taken TKKs formula of a good ass expansion/game and applied it to everything afterwards

>tfw edgelord

ADS strafe speed, initial jump height, walking speed

I’m actually really liking the /dg/ pc clan it’s comfy lots of chill guys in there

Would like to have the female hunter sit on my face to be honest.

How do I get better gear? Should I just redeem these engrams now? Currently at 215.

I need a FAQ/guide.

Power level of engrams is decided when they're earned so yes, just go redeem them. You should have grinded Heroic Public Events (preferably on Titan where they're always happening and its easy to get back and forth) until you hit ~260 before doing the Powerful Reward Milestones, but alas, you're retarded.

Save everything until 260 just keep playing the game

And yes redeem the engrams that have dropped for you already

Is Xur available on PC this week?

I dismantle my Ghost shells and ships that I don't use.
Am I retarded?

yep, he's on Io

So how long is it going to Bungie to actually make this game decent? And by decent I mean

>fix memory leak/clan issue
>stuff to actually do once you hit 275+
>zone chat
>clan chat
>LFG chat
>LFG tool
>the ability to see your fireteam members when you open your map
>non-cancerous UI (fuck holding a button for ANY menu interaction)
>whispers not disabled by default in a fucking "'"multiplayer""" game

Should I not hold my breath and just uninstall already?

>tfw AC still isn’t cracked

codex plz I can’t keep grinding PEs the entire weekend the raid isn’t even out yet

I surely hope you don’t think mobility increases movement speed outside of walking and ads strafe

thanks

>tfw PC players are the shitters this time around

just like the first destiny, it won't get good until around the first expansion

How do you get to 280? I'm stuck at 270 at the moment and vendor rewards ain't shit no more.

Thanks anons. I'm new to this game and lots of things aren't really explained.

you idiot you should have know what you’re getting into when you decided to lay in bed with nu-Bungie

Wait for D2’s Taken King that’s when it’ll be good

same here just burned through WF2 and I heard this year creed is actually decent

No? Why would it matter?

Powerful Reward Milestones. They reset each week (Tuesdays 5 am EST). This is things like the Nightfall, Clan XP, Crucible, Raid, etc.

no problem you really shouldnt worry about getting to a high light level quickly though I’m sure you’ve read the thread to figure out why

reminder:
>mods too restrictive for what the fuck their shit effect is
>fixed stats on armors
>no modifier strikes
>strikes and crucible under rewarding
>shit matchmaking PvP / no solo queue
>still only 4v4s
>max impact SRs still feel shit both modes
>STILL no dupe solution

Do I get more weekly milestones if I make an alt? I did mine before the soft cap because I'm an idiot

>shooting 4 times with mida when you can 3 shot with better devils

MIDA is a 5 shot kill.

Better Devils doesn't get used on consoles because Hand Cannons still have bloom there.

Milestones are character based. Do not make a 2nd character of the same class, just make a new class. Making 2 of the same class won't actually speed up your leveling.

So can anyone confirm if having higher power level stuff in my inventory affects non-Engram drops too?

Honestly I could deal with the lack of end game content if the game actually had social elements. It's the loneliest "'"multiplayer""" game I've played. I'm sure it's fun with friends but I have only 1 friend that plays it on PC.

Since you are such a nice guy and answering all the retarded questions, are you actually not supposed to take moebius quiver for nightstalkers?

Its kinda weird that strikes are unrewarding considering they are at least slightly more difficult than farming public events

Since there's no recoil on PC, is stability literally useless? Or does it effect bullet spread or some shit?

Different user but quiver lowers the tether range and duration and if you use orpheus rig or even just that path it's based around maximizing your orb and tether potential. Quiver works actively against that goal.

the fact that voice chat isn’t automatically forced is retarded no one speaks and if they do it’s in their own 2 person fireteam

I’ve heard one person speak while running nightfalls you know the “content” that is supposed to require communication

HOW THE FUCK IS THERE STILL NOT A HEROIC STRIKE PLAYLIST

That helmet looks so fucking awful jesus fuck

>since there's no recoil on PC
this will always make me laugh

The game auto-detects what your highest possible power level is before figuring out how powerful the engram that drops is. This also affects random blues that drop from events, strikes, crucible etc.

People don't take Moebius Quiver because it interferes with the utility of Orpheus Rig, an exotic that helps recharge your super based on how many enemies get tethered. Moebius Quiver gives you 5-6 arrow shots instead of just one and Orpheus Rig doesn't start recharging your super until all your shots have been used up, making it usless.

I would also recommend skipping the Six-Shooter perk for Golden Gun. Six-Shooter gives you 6 GG shots but it also shortens the time your super is active making it harder to get off all those shots anyways.

Where did this start? There's obviously recoil on PC.

>no recoil
it feels so good one of the few things Bungie decided not to fuck up

Pretty sure its just less recoil.

The strongest weapon/ability that anyone can have is vision.
>Wards, and ward counters in MOBAs
>UAV, Counter UAV, and any stealth perk in CoD
>Scattering peoples's radar in Halo sent them in a tizzy

And the list goes on. If, by some miracle, Bungie introduces more item with 3rd eye (and hi-cal), im sure that the MIDA would drop in use.
Console has hidden aim assist stats, do gl with that

Does it need to be in my inventory or will the game calculate accurately even if it's in storage?

Of course there's recoil on PC, but you don't have to fight against the controller to see who's in control of your character on PC. Therefore, it's easier to adjust to the recoil and stay accurate.

So basically, if you have literally any experience playing PC shooters, there's zero recoil.

good thing im a huntershitter

I have about a 100 of each token, but I'm already light level 275.
Should I just hold onto them or do some of the people give good rewards?
If not, should I just spend them anyway or save them for an alt of a different class.

agreed

recoil would have felt like shit if they left it in also it helps to balance the auto aim of people using gamepads, good decision honestly

It should calculate while its in storage but this is harder to say. I've always played at max light because of how Destiny 1 worked, but based on what Bungie's said it shouldn't matter if its in storage or on your character. Your mileage may vary though.

In this regards Hunters have the ultimate advantage as they have Knucklehead which gives every gun in the game 3rd Eye. The benefit to MIDA though is that its usable by all characters.

You can check the vendor's drop pools by inspecting the engram at their menu. There's no real reason to save them.

What level should by mida multi-tool be? I think I fucked up and turned in the quest too soon

you can always infuse it later

No seriously, there needs to be an exotic revamp immediately. The exotics in D2 feel so underwhelming.

Does different races have any traits at all?

It doesn't matter, it can be infused to max level.

>Send high light level guns to alt
>Gear drops based off of main character
>Get to use weekly engram rewards on alt

>everything warlock isn't cool
what the HECK

I am in the /dg/ clan but I cant see anyone in the roster?

is anyone else getting that problem?

It's 285 right now. I presume it will last me awhile? I am only 276 and I can't find any other way to level up right now