The Crimean War

If the cucks of France and Britain had never intervened, would Russia have annexed Constantinople?

Yes

No

Maybe

I don't know

Can you repeat the question?

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

Life is funfair

And you're not so big

Your big

>3 posters
>9 posts

Well, Italia and Osman Empire cant into war, so i guess yes

Can someone explain me, Why the hell anglos and frogs supported turks? They weren't allies, and nothing obligated them to help sultan right?

For many different reasons. I will start with the Brits. The battle of Sinop was the main reason for France and UK to Join. The Russian just crushed the Turkish fleet with Paixhans. Paixhans guns fired explosive shells, which against wood ships cause fire. This of course was a huge threat to UK's power on the sea. Doubly so since the great game for central Asia was going on. The Goal was to knock down Russia's power projection by destroying their naval base on Sevastopol.

France joined for same threat against their fleet in the Med. Instead of the great game in Asia, it was influence over Palestine. France also wanted to prevent Russia from getting into the Med as they were trying to spread their influence around that Area. Also Napoleon III needed to bring glory to himself to cement his rule in Europe. What Better way than revenge for 1812.

Why would anyone want R*ssians to hold Constantinople?

This week I learned the Egyptians almost conquer Constantinople in the XIX century and had to be stopped by the European powers from doin that.

To weaken Russia

Albanian Greek Egyptian*

He wouldn't have been able to hold it.

in addition to what said, the anglos and the french had given a LOT of loans to the ottoman empire that gave them a fair bit of influence over them. think subprime lending but at the state level. they knew the turks couldn't repay, except by taking more loans, so they just kept giving them. russia smashing the ottomans would have ruined this.