/lhg/ Light's Hope General formerly /elyg/

Chad Edition

Alliance guild:
2x40man groups

Horde guild:

/who guildname and whisper anyone to join

Light's Hope is a Vanilla WoW Private Server, it's the new and improved version of Elysium, they cut out the corrupt owners and rebranded.

Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org

twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

first

WHY DO MY FUCKING INFORMANT TOOLTIPS GET STUCK ALL THE TIME I JUST WANT TO SEE VENDOR PRICES

is this fucking real holy shit

join kronos

it wants us to join the dead
that's dark as fuck

>whitekidney knows about everything going on behind the scenes
>gets upset that hes not getting a cut of the profits
>starts to have conversations where he gets crogge/shenna to admit things while keeping his own knowledge out of sight
>stops performance maintenance on the servers to make it seem like elysium is terrible. constant memory leaks, not enough storage, etc.
>waits until shenna/crogge place an order for two new servers
>pottu has his gm abuse drama hit and forces them to move the timeline up
>not only takes the database but deletes everything he possibly can to delay elysium and get a large advantage when it comes to the future of the servers
>first thing he does is shares the paypal/bitcoin wallet
>sets the servers up with proper settings so they have zero lag
>notices that the population is half what was on elysium. sets the counters on the website to what the population was on elysium.
>has effectively split the population between his project, elysium project and people who just gave the fuck up
t-thanks whitekidney

is there an addon to show chests in vannilla and other interesting points like quest and etc

how do i become like esfand

Why did they kill our Zeth'kur!

put yourself in a cage to avoid expanding outward and allow your extremities something to balance on
put yourself in rich soil with a good fertilizer
make sure you get lots of water

stop bullying mommy pen dragon!

okay

niceme.me

import informant prices to aux.

if whitekidney asked to get in on the gold selling crogge would hold him on gunpoint for it, how come he doesn't?

fuck this is pretty great, i'd be so tilted if i was that lock

Freshie freshie fresh fresh~

why aren't those kids wearing pants?

horny...

i thought this only happened to me

it's insanely fucking annoying

on fresh characters, on which level do you buy armor/weapons? 10?

I'm litterally wasting my week-end trying to decide if I prefer the WoD models or the old ones. On the one hand, the old ones are pretty awful, especially human/dwarves/orcs, and having hq models is easier on the eyes, but on the other hand these new models are fucking disgusting and look like they've been made by a 15-year old tranny with blue hair wearing a Pixar t-shirt.
I just cant make up my mind, and spend all my time thinking about this instead of actually playing. Fuck.

use wodels until you get banned then play a real game.

Just go play retail if you even consider using the wodels, you dumb tranny

>being banned from an illegal copy of a game for using skins
this doesn't actually happen, does it?

Client modifications are bannable and if their warden catches you, they won't unban you.

>

tell that to the guys using model edits to get through doors and loot crates from anywhere in an entire zone.

unironically having pvp trinket on while leveling and using grenades
people like you try way too hard

>if their warden catches you
Does that actually happen ? Never heard about it. If I recall correctly it was even an argument against Elysium in the first days, because their anti-cheat was so shit that .mpq files weren't even detected

Does the new WoD models speed up stealth animations like everything else post-Vanilla?

What other trinkets would you use while leveling?

keep yer feet underground.

I just realized 10 years later after seeing this pic on the oriignal WoW game package that the dwarf isn't actually shooting a fireball, there's a mage behind him.

Anyone else remember the picture of the dwarf warrior with the flaming sword and full pally .5?

you can't trust this rat, don't tell him anything.

Fucking hell do I miss the launch days...
>People standing in line to collect quest objects like pure white civilised persons
>Following the 60 race and /whisp the first lvl 10 to congratulate him
>Steal mobs with moonfire and getting hate messages
>Darnassus as full as fucking Ironforge bank
>King of the Hill battles at Nesingwary's
>First Deadmines
FRESH fucking WHEN

he has a teebu's.

FRESH soon senpai.

post moar pics of launch

>playing undead/human at release of a fresh server

you gotta be a special kind of retard.

Launch isn't fun at all, competing with hundreds of other mongoloids for kills and the server lagging out like crazy doesn't seem appealing to me.

>tfw got ahead of the pack on original nost launch and was one of the first 60s on the server

were the chinese always there in such large numbers or did they only migrate after it became popular?

nost became a thing on china streaming sites, that's why they're all on Elysium now.

I rolled Undead (re: Chink city) and they were completely negligible and unnoticeable, at least from day one on for me. They only migrated as a huge influx once Nost was memed into massive popularity.

I was concerned about his health during that shutdown stream. His face was bright red, he has breathing heavy, his eyes were darting from side to side.. he just looked awful. Then every so often he'd try to log in, even though he was having a conversation with one of the admins who had told him the realm wouldn't be up for awhile. He looked like a junkie.

It reminded me of when I was leveling on Kronos 2 for the first couple weeks. There was a guy in my guild who was one of the fastest levelers, would have been probably top 10 to 60, who made a serious comment that if this server ended up shutting down like Nostalrius that he was going to kill himself. Shortly after K2 went down for that week of 'maintenance' and he never logged back on.

Imagine killing yourself over a server as shitty as Kronos

lol

wow its almost like its an internet story thats not verified

t. Elysium player

not him but I verified the story, it's legit.

dude let's undertune content so much that MC can be maintanked in leveling greens lmao

>MC can be main tanked in greens

Nost babies everyone. . .

You didn't have to be remotely close to def capped to competently clear MC easily on Kronos, which you'd know if you weren't a braindead newfag

he isn't wrong

What reason would I have to lie about it? I hope he found something else to occupy his time and didn't kill himself. I was just comparing it to the addiction issues we have in this community. People get heavily invested in their characters and the community and when its taken away suddenly it can cause serious anxiety and depression.

I remember when you needed full prebis to clear MC in Vanilla. . . why do we play these shit undertuned servers where you get server first rag with a pug group of level 57s in leveling greens?

>What reason would I have to lie about it? I hope he found something else to occupy his time and didn't kill himself. I was just comparing it to the addiction issues we have in this community. People get heavily invested in their characters and the community and when its taken away suddenly it can cause serious anxiety and depression.
this is a serious problem that isn't treated with enough seriousness honestly. OP should have some self help aimed at addiction.

You could tank nef without a shield, try that on elysium and post the video, until then shut your trap you scrub.

what does def cap have anything to do with any raids before AQ40?

i agree. lets go to legion. while the game itself is total shit at least the pve is challenging. a few attempts at kj mythic would send most players running back to spank and tank vanilla encounters.

>I remember when you needed full prebis to clear MC in Vanilla
I don't

>I'm not addicted mom, I can quit whenever I want!

Most people went in there with T0 but nice try catababby.

MC can be tanked in greens on every server. It's the easiest raid in the entirety of WoW.
In we do MC the day we hit 60.

The concept of prebis didn't even exist during the MC era of vanilla, nobody had any fucking clue about stat budgeting and there was no culture of spreadsheeting 2agi vs 3ap. The game was better for it.

why wouldn't you be able to tank nef without a shield, are you even level 60 dude? raid three cleared BWL with a bear tank and they're shitters.

People thought dungeon set 1 was pre-raid bis back then dude. lmao

this. the only thing that people checked was to make sure you didnt have a weapon equipped that applied a debuff.

You don't have to be def (or resist) capped on any server to clear mc...

Cept you didn't fucking vigor beat you on ely

Kronos has the most commfiest comunity right now. Gummy loot makes it worth to party and everyone is friendly

Kronos doesn't have Gummy loot what are you on about.

No they didn't. The most geared 60's of and teamed up to clear it first.
They also had horde raids trying to stop us from entering MC.

>Grizzly
>we

everyone look at this fucking loser.

Kronos had some of the worst drop rates of all time. The murloc head quest near Southshore had to be a 10% drop rate on Kronos.

>no they didn't but they actually did
Ok GRIZZLY cuck, remember to try again on the next meme server and quit before BWL comes out YET AGAIN.

Do you know what Gummy loot is?

Used the new models from the start of elysium until it died. Its not likely to be caught, I even went to the AFK tank and wasnt really looked at.

>losing server first to a pug

ahahahaAHAHAHAHHAHA

y-yeah while we sit on ironforge bridge and do the same content over and over. y-you are all losers g-grizfags.

>everyone on Veeky Forums is a manlett orbiter tranny

nice strawman, snide. was it worth it quitting your job to get server first 'guild run' MC?

delete this right now

>'pug' consisting of the most geared and best players from three other guilds

>The game was better for it.
it really was now everyone minmaxs because the only thing they hear about vanilla is how hard it was sad.

says the guy spending all of his time playing but is probably rank 3 and still wearing dungeon blues

I WILL fuck Javel.

>tanks who don't pull back mobs

FYI - Blizzard is announcing legacy servers at Blizzcon this year. They have been slowly building a team since last summer. Obviously they couldn't put anything tangible together by last year and with Legion being the main focus of their WoW presentation, there was no reason to distract from that.

They will announce the next expansion, which will be Kul'Tiras/Azshara/N'Zoth. This expansion will not be slated for release until summer 2018.

To fill up the content gap and maintain interest in their IP they will be releasing the first legacy servers. They will be based on region. The current plan is to open at least two at a time and adding more based on the hype. This will allow them to merge the servers in case the population does dwindle, as they will be on the same patch. Yes, patch. They plan to go by the patch release schedule to provide the same experience one would have had starting November 23rd, 2004.

The release schedule has been slightly accelerated, lasting up to 16 months. This will segue into the TBC legacy servers. They are not planned to be released at the same time as the Vanilla legacy servers but will likely be released before the Vanilla legacy servers hit the end of their content cycle. The Vanilla legacy servers will be play through expansion (PTE) with the ability to keep your characters on Vanilla, if you should so choose to. There is no information on Wrath but I'm confident it will follow, depending on the popularity of the other legacy servers.

>this bullshit again

They will release it this year, I'm sure of it!

I'll make a collage of these posts once Blizzcon blows you retarded larpers the fuck out.

>last year they opened a thread a month before blizzcon saying they would not be announcing anything related to them
>this should have been expected since legion had just been released and they were in full shill mode
>elysium gets the core from nost. blizzard reaches out to nost, tells them they are working on something and that giving their core/database over would compromise that
>nost goes 'against' the legacy movement in response, becoming the hero our movement deserved but not the one we needed at that time
>no thread or mention of 'no legacy server announcements at blizzcon'
>legion is nearly complete
>they will announce the new expansion but it wont be out until summer 2018
>hmm how do we fill this void?
>WITH THE LEGACY SERVERS WE'VE BEEN DEVELOPING THE PAST YEAR
>THIS NOVEMBER ON THE 13TH ANNIVERSARY OF ITS INITIAL RELEASE, WE WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME YOU BACK TO THE ORIGINAL, WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Give it up.

>Ion Hazzikostas arrives at blizzcon, blizzdrones cheer and clap for 5 minutes straight then the show begins
>announces new expansion and talks about it giving information about the expansion itself and various qol features that will be added to the game while gameplay footage of the new expansion is being shown on a giant screen behind him
>presentation ends, the giant screen goes black
>everyone thinks the show is over but Ion takes a deep breath and shouts to the crowd
>"I see a lot of you have joined us tonight, I see a lot of horde players and I see a lot of alliance players."
>"Thirteen years since the release of World of Warcraft have passed."
>"A year of the greatest decisions lies ahead."
>"In these serious for the game times, I speak to you, my fellow players."
>"You know us, our loyal customers: you know we have always been an enemy of half measures or weak decisions."
>"The company and its developers are working and pouring their hearts into the game today, not only for the present but for the future."
>"A historical revision on a unique scale has been imposed on us by you, our fans."
>"A lot of you have lost faith in us over the years, a lot of you think that we have lost our passion for making truly great games, a lot of you think that we don't care about our oldest fans, without which we would have never made it this far."
>"A lot of you believe that we don't hear you anymore..."
>"You think we don't, but we do."
>Giant screen lights up and the original world of warcraft cinematic starts playing.
>Ion looks at the camera and says "World of Warcraft official legacy servers coming to you November 2017. Welcome back home. Welcome to Azeroth"

Yep, this will do nicely in the collage. How do retards like you live with this constant stream of disappointment?

shut the fuck up eeyore

>mfw no legacy announcement at blizzcon and /wpsg/ get's completely BTFO once again