/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1023 - Chaos did nothing wrong edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K9RWrRXP7Os&ab_channel=Crunchii[MusicExtensions]
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

have we unlocked Isle Delfino Zone yet

>not Chaos did nothing
You fucked up.

Silver an easily discarded shit. I'm actually kinda sorry about that.

Forces:
Seems like it's middle of the road. Level design is overly basic, but there's fun setpieces. Music is mixed but there's a good 5-10 bangers in there based on the limited set we've heard so far. Ending and story is anticlimatic but the dialogue itself is a step above Colors etc. The game might not be too long (thirty 1-3min levels) but additional bonus stuff not to mention all the additonal Wispon unlocks.

Plus the cheaper pricetag. It's better than we expected but worse than we'd hoped. Underwhelming at best, medicore at worst.

Nope, Soleanna isn't in the game.

I can't believe Knuckles is fucking dead

Tails is

Can Flynn save him?

A CUTE HERO

Fleetway Sonic is best Sonic.

Hoodies

The amount of time we had to wait for the game is the biggest thing against the game to me.

>Silver an easily discarded shit.
To be fair this is true for all of the characters.
I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for the characters being in the game... but at least they were there, right?

A LITTLE BITCH.

Basically this, although I liked the music a bit more. It's a solid entry, but not worth the 4 year wait. If we had waited a year or two for this game, there probably wouldn't be as much vitriol towards it.

Everyone in the game did something in some way except Tails.

Infinite is already a fun character, with a pretty funny achillies heel. Ian will love him.

This. I wouldn't even mind if this just came out two years after Lost World. But the fact that they took FOUR YEARS and THIS is the best they can do? It's laughably embarrassing.

Chances are it would've been out sooner but Boom bombing (heh) forced them to retool the whole thing to include the avatar system.

Defend this shit.

I suppose in someway it's fair to point out that 2 of those 4 years likely went into making the new engine from scratch & the fact that this is the first game they developed for a next gen console. Also, I guess the rumor that was posted here during E3 was true

Neither are wrong

So any information regarding the Silver Moon Rings in Forces as well as the rest of the Special and EX Stages?

All 3 games were directed by the same person & he really likes the games he made. I'm used to meh final bosses in Sonic, so the lazy name they gave it is the biggest offense, tbqh.

>user posts my art here before I get a chance
I'm flattered. Thank you.

That was kind of bullshit but at least he got to do something. Or at least more than the other characters got a chance to. Am I cucked for being kind of happy about that?

Well wasn't half of that spent on the Hedgehog 2 Engine iirc? Maybe the next game won't take as long to make.
R-right?! ;_;

It was fun in Colors

Okay.

B-but....user. You said Colours was best Sonniku game. He return to roots. You riked it!!

Yeah, but he tried to fight Infinite, lost, and was forgotten about afterward. But that's still more than everyone else who basically stood around until that hilariously underwhelming clone fight. Why is Omega coming back, unexplained so far, such a big deal when there's a horde of Zavok's that would've fucked him up? Oh right, no one else matters despite the circumstances.

Secret and EX stages only unlock clothes and increase world saving percent.

I think this is one of the few instances where I'd say yeah, you shouldn't settle for this kind of shit. And this is coming from someone that doesn't really care for Silver.

Tails was fighting along with everyone else in that cutscene.

Apparently 5 red rings -> 5 numbered rings -> 5 silver moon rings

I don't know what happens if you get silver moon rings though. Do you obtain Chaos Emeralds?

You cheeky fuck.

What are numbered rings?

Like the ones in Lost World that grant you extra lives.

>Sonic broke out of his cycle just to end up in the Zelda cycle
Just two more games and people will start praising Forces.

Exactly. Forces coming out in 2015 would be fine, still not ideal, but 4 years for a mediocre game is a very tough pill to swallow.

Does anyone have a link to the livestream?

so when are we going to see the next sonic game ?

The next game may or may not take some time. Supposedly they're going back to the drawing board after Forces, but given that they don't have to make a new engine it may take less time.

Fantastic.

I know I shouldn't but it was nice to see him get a bit of attention... I can't believe Sonic Team has made me this complacent where settling for scraps are enough to make me feel kind of excited about a character doing something. What the fuck.
Is this part of their master plan? To build up hype every game by thinking the side characters will actually do something, then you buy it and it turns out like this?

So once you get 5 red rings, you get the ability to get numbered rings, and then moon rings?

2019 most likely. 2018 will probably be a quiet year, hopefully SEGA Europe can give us a new PC port or something.

>Supposedly they're going back to the drawing board after Forces
And where was this said?

Why is Sonic just standing there?

I never noticed this before, considering I fast forward through the cutscenes.

so what are we going to do while we wait for 2019 ?

Yet another game full of wasted potential.

Shitpost about Forces I guess

Well not so much as going back to the drawing board, but it seems like they're going to do something different after Forces:

>: It was very interesting for me to see Sonic Mania come out, get very high scores and have people praise the game. From the team's perspective, we're still going to be making 3D games for the audience that likes that style of Sonic - when we see the reactions that Mania got, the entire team sat down and thought it was really interesting, and we should break down what people liked about Mania, and in the future - when we build our 3D games - see what essence we can take from Sonic Mania and put into a 3D world, to give people what they're looking for and that they've found in Sonic Mania.

Shitpost about the comics.

What do they have to do with the red rings though?

Comics will be the only thing the general has again. Not super looking forward to that, but not much we can do.

How fast will /sthg/ once infinite's identity is revealed?

>mfw realizing Jimmy the Motobug was an illusion along with the Hardboiled Heavies

That's it. We need to get rid of lizuka. That's unironically too fucking far.

Flynn could easily save him. Flynn saved Silver, Charmy, and motherfucking Big. Infinite is easy.

strawpoll.me/14262681/
strawpoll.me/14262681/
strawpoll.me/14262681/

Mania isn't even confirmed to be all illusion. Calm your autism.

There's nothing to reveal.

wow thanks for pointing that out

it never really settled in that Sonic doesn't even bother retaliating, he legitimately closes his eyes and covers himself

what the fuck sonic

It's just a Motobug user, we kill them all the time in Sonic.

Is sonic forces gonna be single player only? Because I cant see any multiplayer or coop tag on its steam page

The Phantom Ruby creates illusions that bend reality, basically making those illusions real.

That means the entirety of Mania is Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and five random Egg Robos running around Angel Island in a stupor like retards thinking they're traversing all over the planet.

Post the two Sonics one.

Unless he does it in the final Forces comic, I doubt he gets much of a chance to in IDW Sonic.

No, what you see is what you get.

>Spoiler
That's the entire franchise in a nutshell. Why am I devoted so such a cursed series.

This scene was so weird. It really felt like they don't understand "show, don't tell".

This made no sense to me either. Why is he cowering? Initially this scene for me really hyped but then when I rewatched it I was like... what the fuck? Why?

>Implying
;_;

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=K9RWrRXP7Os&ab_channel=Crunchii[MusicExtensions] Full, clean version of Fist Bump

Sonic doesn't have it in him to hurt Shadow. To be honest that's very odd. I get that they had to have the real Shadow come in & take out the fake one, but Sonic just cowering is stupid

JUST A GUY WHO LOVES ADVENTURE

We don't even know what he looks like under the mask. There's obviously stuff to be revealed.

Single player only.

Sonic knows that there is no getting out of the kick so he's just bracing for impact

Aaron also mentioned that the final comic isn't coming out until the time Forces drops because it contains major spoilers. And the final comic shows Infinite unmasked with a sword. Adding that in with the Shadow DLC that's also supposed to go in detail about Infinite's origins, we still have a decent amount left to reveal about the guy.

I don't think the Forces comic is fair judgement. He's writing the way Sega wants him to write, so he can't take too many creative liberties with the characters. The fact that he toned down Omega's personality to be like his game counterpart instead of his quirkier Archie counterpart in the last comic says a fair bit.

Can somebody please explain

Yu-Gi-Oh reference.

Children's Cardgame.

I'm not actually super angry or anything, but I'll admit it's a tad vexing that Mania features Sonic getting screwed out of a good ending explicitly because they wanted to tie it in with Forces, but then in Forces nothing about Mania Sonic is even touched upon outside of the Ruby (which has a retconned origin anyway) and his theme plays when he shows up. It's not that big a deal but it does seem kind of miffing because Mania could have very easily had a regular ending instead of a tie-in that ultimately goes underutilized and just hurts its narrative.

A TWO-TAILED FOX

Watch episode shadow be better than sonic forces

HOLY SHIT A MUTANT FOX

Thank you kind sir ^^

The entire shitshow that the archie comics were before that wave hit, can anyone really blame Sonic? Why is he calling him Rock? I feel so sorry for the both of them, Capcom and Sega fucked them so hard over the years. Their best representations were guests in a party fighter

Please. Please just give more DLC in general.

Classic Sonic's levels should have just had playable Tails. After Tails learns that Sonic is alive, he works to redeem himself and help Sonic save the world any way he can, pretty much playing his part of the story out without Classic.

Judging by the level design in the preview the Sonic Youtube uploaded, nope. Music is definitely better though.

>which has a retconned origin anyway

>inb4 DLC has Super Shadow

I wouldn't even say it's retconned. One of the Phantom Ruby prototypes that Infinite was destroying made it's way to Classic Sonic's dimension, where Eggman found it on Angel Island. Done.

Let's say Buddy was actually a set Sonic character, with his red wolf design being his consistent appearance.

What would his personality be like?

>Thanking people
>Using emoticons, positive or otherwise
>Using a honorific
We don't take kindly to those who take kindly 'round these parts.

Nerd who's a massive fanboy for Sonic & friends. Trying to get Knuckles autograph, spilling his spaghetti over Amy, etc.

Brave, Bashful boy who works well with others

That's reasonable user, but if you have to make a headcanon for it because the game didn't explain it, then it's still a discrepancy that contradicts previous information, which is a retcon.

Dork who is constantly bullied.

Alternatively, you could avoid being a little bitch and let people type the way they want.

Pls don't bully user, user.