/scg/ /edg/ Citizen Dangerous: Elite Star General #221

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage
pastebin.com/Sbd5bPbH
>FAQs
pastebin.com/zS3Nv5Ru

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8EC4WHPxnrk
youtube.com/watch?v=CHiVJRgMRHw
youtube.com/watch?v=Sw7t0OuDCU0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Primero para la revolucion.

Orbital mechanics in SC sucks, even KSP is better than that

>even KSP is better than that
seeing as it's a game all about physics and shit that's not exactly an insult

>even KSP is better than that
Which really doesn't say anything.

Why does /v/ look at Star Citizen with so much disdain?

Why do you care what /v/ thinks?

I don't, it's just a curious fascination I have about things I find peculiar.

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

Whats at the bottom of the cities?

Where its all orange?

I hope its not just a bland orange texture

I-it's the city streets..!

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Sean Murray is fun

/v/ hates everything. Star Citizen is easy to bully.

What do you think will be more cringy

SQ42's characters/story/campaign
or
The USAF

what the fuck is that sword

The Order of the Sword, user!

DEFEND THIS YOU BLIND FAGS

@193935593
le ignore

Game development is constantly changing

The absolute fucking scale of these planets. At first I thought the moons of Crusader were going to be the size of the terrestrial planets, maybe just a little larger, but holy shit I was wrong. To think there will be non-UEE controlled star systems that have 5 or 6 terrestrial planets, moons, large asteroids and planetoids, hidden bases, downed capital ships among others, their own NPC factions, etc makes me wet.

>player orgs use pioneers to create small outposts that make products they sell on the black markets becomes a town, constantly fighting off other orgs and NPCs, while driving a small scale economy for resources
Willing to wait another 4 years for this if that's how long it takes, even if we start off with just 15 - 20 star systems rather than the proposed 100. Player run industry is pure kino

My sources tell me you kids continue hating on Star Citizen and Chris... well.... I consider Chris my personal friend (we made eye contact at citcon 2015) and if you attack Chris it's like you attack family...

years might slowed me down... and I try to avoid trouble but I can still bite... so back off from Chris and Sandi... you don't want to us to delete your sub do you?

anyway....

back to talking to Evocati members on discord (jelly?) something maybe you kids would experience if you stop being so toxic...

Just let them be little debbie downers while they can.

Oh, and what about SQ42?

youtube.com/watch?v=8EC4WHPxnrk
Answer the call 2016 XDXD

The last thing we saw about the game

sq42 will be the focus of the xmas stream

why are you responding?

idk im bored

this

>Hurston theme
youtube.com/watch?v=CHiVJRgMRHw

Star citizen will literally never live up to your expectations, if it ever actually gets released, and you will never realize just how much time and money was wasted on it

you can use that excuse for everything

so far they've delayed a patch with cut out content for almost one year.

And when do you think we will be able to play what we've seen in the citizencon? 2019?

i really hope we get to see the game, but i have 0 expectations seeing how they constantly fuck up with the schedule

why won't you?

Don't respond.

I suppose.
Doesn't really bother me. Star Citizen or video games even are the last thing I could care about.

I'm starting to feel like this is one user who makes it his goal to respond to bait.

Is the user here from the last thread where he was creaming about a Veeky Forums colonised planet? I think he said all boards would have their own regions on the planet and work together to fight space normies or something.

As autistic as it sounds i would love to see it happen one day, im not buying the game until then.

what you think is bait could be one user's genuine feelings.

fuk u m8

lol

>i don't like it so it must be a bait
what's your explanation for what i've posted?

and what would make you guys stop supporting this game? what would be a huge disappointment for you? i'm asking genuinely

With the amount I've sunk into SC I don't really give a shit as long as they show they're making progress.

I'm not monitoring it daily and making constant evaluations to if I should get a refund or not

How many hours have you played and enjoyed of the game so far?

I value games on a basis of "I would happily pay $1 for an hour of fun" So as long as i play more hours than the total money i've spent its worth the price.

not the user you replied to
>what would make me stop supporting this game
I only put about $100 into it and got a decent fighter. With that said, they would need to either close shop, sell lootcrates post-launch, give whales a massive advantage, or other things that I hate other games for. So far I've been given hope that this won't happen, but I will try for a refund if it does.

we tried several times organizing a respectable org and it always ends up co-opted by attention whores and furfags.if you're willing to have anything that'll last make sure it's anonymous and nonhierarchical

Since v0.8? At least 50, probably closer to 100. Enough to cover a $45 package either way.

Nobody is going to play in an anonymous org, for fairly fucking obvious reasons. Doesn't work.

The ones that have been made so far are made up of people from here. I don't know what impression you have of Veeky Forums posters, but there are a great number of trannies, furfags, weebs and attention whores.

Then i'd say it was a good buy =D

that's why i suggested a leaderless clan even if someone get's exposed as a degenerate he won't have any sort of authority and wont drag the rest the group with him.
anarchist philosophy may never work irl but it's definitely viable in games

im fine with a power hungry rich user leader if he wants to buy capital ships and is active all the time

Leaderless groups are just loose collections of people with nothing tying them together, especially if everyone is completely anonymous and don't get to know each other.

I'd happily scam, kill and screw over Veeky Forums members at the drop of a hat.

Is this an official info graphic, or just another numale release from tenbux?

>it's not valid if it isn't official

What brings such groups together is a common goal like our hatred for normalfags for example .
as for the scamming part the damage will always be limited to one user instead of fucking over an entire guild like what happens often in eve online.

>official info graphic
yeah, because they'd totally show how much they've fucked up with the schedule.

all the info is real though. 3.0 has been delayed for one year so far, and it'll have less content than the initially promised

because they are not mentally insane whales and recognize an overhyped 4 years late pay to win disaster when they see it.

Either way the end result is probably one faction splits off and makes their own /scg/ org. If we choose a leader then he can ban all the people who are/aren't degenerates depending on his own degeneracy and the ones who were thrown out make their own org. In a leaderless structure we'd probably get a civil war with the goal of making the other faction get tired and willingly leave the org.

NO 3.0 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

bigger =/= better
you literally cannot as a human being tell the difference visually between a 1000km planet and a 10000km planet. and all it does it add more travel time and tedium with absolutely no additional content or benefit whatsoever.

All we need is enough people to share the common goal of BTFO'ing space normies and a leader who isn't ban happy

but more travel = more fun

just like in my taiwanese basket weaving forum

the amount of fun possible in star citizen will destroy you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw7t0OuDCU0

oh hai, I made that

>no 3.0
>no info about sq42

Fug dis

If you're with friends those 8mins would be full of banter and good vibes

He types out in a specific thread for two specific video games one of which being star citizen

Nice defense mechanism there friend, next you'll reply to me and say mean things or make up some nonsense to cover your obvious shame.

What defense mechanisam? because i have a life outside of posting on a shitty picture board? because im not a neet who plays vidoe games all night?

i can do what i want i don't need anyones approval, guess your parents never loved you so you project your insecurites onto others online. pathetic.

That's why you need a big ship with stuff to do on board. And even if you don't you always have the Mobiglas. Then there's always alt tab or second monitor.

Not to mention since people are scared of being interdicted if they leave their computer during QT, I'm sure in the Spectrum companion app is going to have an alarm for that.

Star Citizen is a space sim first. All space sims are like this, since the number one point of the genre is to realistically simulate space. People who don't like space sims or can't stand the long travel aspect will not play this.

>tfw too autistic to make banter and good vibes

fuck off dad.

>Only dads think that space sims should be realistic.

Brainlet, this isn't even an argument. It's a core staple of the genre, it's not going away.

Space sims have always sacrificed realism for gameplay except in the most niche examples. Nobody (or at least not enough people to back 163 mil) wants to fly ugly cylinders and send missiles at targets tens of thousands of kilometers away while ordering your own point defense computers to automatically deal with incoming missiles. They want cool space fighters and big space battleships in a universe full of exploration and trading opportunities. Still I agree that realistic sized planets are better, it's pretty obvious when you scale them down too much. 1000 vs 10'000 km makes a huge difference in the curvature of the surface and the relative height of mountains.

I logged in at Palin's and when I took off I got booted to 350km above the planet, and now it's telling me I need a permit to land there. What gives?

>Only dads think that space sims should be realistic.
exactly true. everyone else thinks they should be fun. especially ones with a wing commander/star wars style like star citizen. while elite can get away with a pretense of scientific accuracy, that does not fly here.

You must purchase the permit again goooyyyyoooddd CMDR

What do you mean, purchase the permit?

You must purchase Horizons again.
Have to support fledgling developers after all.

Seriously though, what is this? I had level 5 access last week.

>"Fly" here

Good one

twitch /videos/185872800?t=21m8s
Some CIG concept artist commenting on the Keynote.

Soooo guys, elite is 15 buck on steam, should I buy it? I just want a pretty space game and I'm tired of waiting for SC

Can you buy the SC ships with in game money? or is it all in irl $$$?

it's alright for 15. honeymoon is superb.

>should I buy it?
>I just want a pretty space game

If those are you demands, then yes. The first 10-20hours are really engaging and supremely comfy, but the more you learn about the game mechanics and how progression in the game works, the less enchanted you'll be, unless hardcore korean grinding simulators are your thing. I'd definitively buy it for 15 bucks.

Even if you end up hating the grind the game will still look and sound really good. I played it for maybe 100~ hours before not touching it for 6 months out of boredom and frustration. Now it's the kind of game I revisit once every 2 months and then play the shit out of for a week and then go back to not playing it for a couple months.

it's all irl $$$
take advantage of this instead

where the heck are the jump points

jump points sound so cool, bros

eventually, yes, but right now it's all considered as backing for the game still. iirc, they're planning on adding purchasable ships in-game at some point on 3.X

they do have a good rental system that lets you try out ships and use them in Arena Commander by spending an in-game currency called REC which is earned, again, in Arena Commander.

about 20 minutes of quantum travel away from the nearest planet

Everywhere I see, people complain about the grind, is it hat bad? i got a job i will not have time to grind for 4 hours straight

it's only bad for the endgame ships which cost hundreds of millions of credits and need high reps with the major factions to purchase

unfortunately some autists goal-orient towards this, doing their best to minmax and exploit to the detriment of the early-mid game. then they complain about the grind.

>4 hours
only 4 hours lol

>Everywhere I see, people complain about the grind, is it hat bad? i got a job i will not have time to grind for 4 hours straight

Honestly depends on what you want to do in the game. Grinding for several dozens of hours, if not hundreds, is mandatory if you want to do PvP stuff. If you just want to explore, or do PvE combat or focus on mission or just fuck around the grind isn't nearly as bad.

Pic related, this ship buying chart is kinda outdated but still valid. Should give you an idea of ship prices. You can grind up to most of the middle part of the chart in like 20 hours of non-intensive gameplay, but the latter half of the chart requires some dedication.

theres literally nothing else to strife towards, iits the only thing people cling to that resembles any kind of progress you make in the game, to climb the ship ladder

theres nothing else to "achieve" in the game

fun is an ends

>just make up your own fun argument
okay, why arent you drawing space ships on paper right now? just make up your own fun, why do you need video games for

How is Star Citizen going to be any different in terms of progression? Isn't it just going to be the same shit as Elite, where you're just trying to get the next best ship?

Pretty much, yeah.
>If you like AMD, Star Citizen
>If you like NVIDIA, Elite