/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

'tis a troubling foe! edition

Last Cycle: >Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Dont miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vPkuS6iZ
fanfiction.net/s/9602632/1/Alsiel
pastebin.com/yKYSSNmr
pastebin.com/5Y1ZCDBu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dragon's Dogma it's a bit of __________ ?

My pawn has the biggest cock.

Shilling my pawn. Oldfags will probably recognize him

Also, Vocation is lvl 10 now

The Skyrim of Soulslike

More like witcher of bloodborne series.

Anyone here is currently using the World Difficulty mod?
Is it shite?

>Vocation is lvl 10
wow, that's the highest I've ever seen someone's vocation get

I made this what do you guys think? I editted it from the FNV image.

wait until it's updated some of the mobs are overtuned. there's a patch for grimgoblins and direwolves need to be tweaked then i think the mod is solid. don't install it until after the first cyclops if you're doing a new save also.

Honestly, its pretty easy to get Lvl 10 when griding post-game

>Vocation is lvl 10 now
>is actually 8
>max is 9

Super secret End game stuff. You wouldn't know about it New fag :^)

I forgot ok?

Level 10 literally doesn't exist. It only goes to 9.

Looking at doing a second play-through since I never did any of the Bitterblack Isle stuff but I'm getting hung up on choosing between Magick Archer and Assassin.

Also all this stat growth shit is confusing me, any tips?

>no pawns no arisen
Makes no sense, "no gods no masters" was a NV specific meme. The FNV edit was an edit of a Veeky Forums comic, about WH40K iirc, you gotta put an original meme do not steal there. Something like "ABANDON ALL DELUSIONS OF CONTROL" or "SLAVES TO A BROKEN ORDER." Otherwise it's decent.

>I'm getting hung up on choosing between Magick Archer and Assassin.
What vocations have you played before and do you intend to do yet another run after this? IMO Magick Archer is like a funner, better, stronger assassin, but that honestly means you should do an assassin run first so you can enjoy it then do a MA run later and still enjoy that too.

>any tips?
Yeah, don't worry about it. If you insist on worrying about it, grab some warrior and ranger levels for health and stamina respectively, but the attack stats pretty much don't matter. The only way they'll actually hurt you is if you do something like play solely as sorcerer (which gets minimal strength gain) and then switch to a pure strength vocation like assassin or warrior, and even then it won't hurt you much, just noticeably when compared to a character that did the opposite and leveled as assassin all the way.

>Trying to teach pawn to skull splitter
>Keeps running around and shooting shit with the rusted bow I gave it
>Get tired of it so swap it to Ranger, figure if its just going to spam ranged it might as well do damage and I'll torpor on my own time
>As soon as I swap it to Ranger its running right up to enemies trying to grapple and dagger the shit out of them
End my suffering

>fuck this nigga saying?

Oh yeah health is actually a bit different, before level 100 go Warrior for health but after 100 go Mystic Knight. Sorcerer and Magick Archer both get better health gains than warrior (and most other vocations) past 100 as well.

As for stamina, Ranger is always best, but warrior, strider and assassin are all tied with it when you go past level 100. Since you're deciding between two vocations that both benefit heavily from strength, and ranger and assassin also have the same health gain past 100, I'd recommend assassin levels (which give more strength) for stamina past 100. Which if you choose assassin means literally just staying in your vocation.

Yes or no motherfucker

Alright, thanks for the help guys

>antiutilitarian inclination
But seriously that's weird user.

breddy gudde

Journalism, as a profession, was a mistake

Oh, would making secondary utilitarian help?
Inclination aughtism is one of the ones I'm not sure on, aside from don't make it Nex, Med or Guard

iirc I made my pawn mitigator/scather, would need to check.

Jewtits=huge slut

Mitigator/scather should make them favour meleeing small enemies, if it became scather/mitigator, from you using the "go" command or just the pawn fighting large monsters which gradually increases scather anyway, that would explain why at first she was just using ranged and now she's just using melee. Scathers favour melee and favour targeting large monsters.

Utilitarian helps most vocations a lot. If you want a melee strider, scather is actually the primary you want, scather/utlitarian would be best. If you want a ranger that isn't retarded, utilitarian/challenger or challenger/utilitarian is the way to go.

Not as much as your pawn.

You wish

iirc when I started trying to get it to use skull splitter it was Scather/Challenger.
Swapped them over for a while then just changed it to ranger.
As soon as I changed the vocation it went full retard into mellee, when it had previously bow whored, as I said.
I'll try changing the incinations again and see if my pawn is just full retard or if it can be salvaged.

Post Fashion.

Well challengers favour ranged combat and tend to go after ranged enemies first, that might have inclined it to use ranged against scather's large targets or something. Inclination combinations that contradict each other don't seem to always produce predictable results and I haven't tried them all or seen the accounts of anyone that has.

Utilitarian pretty much universally helps everything though. It makes pawns favour targeting enemy weaknesses, makes them call out what they're doing so they don't catch you by surprise doing some stupid shit, makes them give orders to other pawns (and sometimes to the arisen, especially if you only use your main pawn), makes them obey other pawns' orders more quickly and consistently, and basically turns the "gud" switch to "on" in their AI. Sounds like that scather/challenger combo was good for getting them to bow large enemies though.

Anyway, almost all pawn behaviour comes down to inclinations and bestiary knowledge, though inclinations require maintenance since pawns taking various actions or receiving one of the three orders you can give changes their inclinations slightly over time.

Bought this game for $12 on GMG. I looked through the guides in the OP, but do you shitposters have any other advice for new players?

Which is more fun, magic knight or assassin? Or just a straight up fighter

Also how's my first arisen/main pawn?

Top one looks really good

The most fun vocation is the one you enjoy most. Play all of them and figure out for yourself which you love
As for your team, good grandpa, bad other thing

Must have fucked up (and forgotten) this stuff when I restarted my character.
Previous pawn could do a decent job solo against most of BBI enemies, provided it had stuff to heal or the odd help with torpor

>how's my first arisen/main pawn?
Dollar store Geralt and a Yen rift slut just waiting to be BRINED
Should have made a Ciri or Triss
God the Witcher girls are sluts, between Yen fucking everyone under the sun and blaming Geralt for having amnesia which she knew about, to Ciri getting wet thinking about and schlicking to horse cocks, and whatever yandere bs Triss is thinking up

MAN, YOU KNOW..THIS GAME IS GREAT IT'S A LITTLE BIT SKYRIM, A LITTLE BIT DARK SOULS AND A LITTLE BIT THE WITCHER!

me on the right

Is this the dark souls of Veeky Forums posts?

Is this the cuphead of dark souls replies?

No, it's the crash bandicoot of responses

I could have sworn it was the ninja gaiden of nintendo hard, thanks for the correction

We're reaching levels of shitposting that shouldn't even be possible.

I still kinda miss the ability to ride the hanging corpses in BBI
I mean, being able to mimic Palpatine is nice, but I miss the old ways

Does attempting to ride them just make you sheev spin in the ps4 version or something?

Is this the mario party of friendship ending posts?

The hanging corpses tend to spazz out really badly if you hit them with a spell.

pastebin.com/vPkuS6iZ

Reposting that writeranon's post in the hopes to get all writerbros together. What do you guys write about?

Any good gear that looks heavy-ish for assassins? I like heavy armor but assassin is so good :(

Anything Veeky Forums
Stats don't matter.

I'm one of the writefags and I've posted in the general before, but he's not me. I'm glad someone bit the bullet and posted first, makes me more confident to repost my old stuff and some new

He said looks, user

If I can I'll try to post something too. I got an old tale of mine involving a dragon. Grigori is everything I wished my dragon could be except evil.

There is stuff like immortal helm and monomi bracers/greaves. Slap some harpy cloak on top and you ready to go.

>writefags
fanfiction.net/s/9602632/1/Alsiel

Aaaa fuck I was looking for this. I miss silicon and his gay mage.

I wish I could write in a pre-established universe this like this. Makes it hard writing comics when you don't have all the knowledge of the world the creators did.

I'm that writers. It's nice to learn a few others were nervous about posting their stuff. Hopefully, my first posted story will lead the way to more fellow writefags posting things
I got more stuff to post eventually. Maybe when I get home in an hour

I don't.

To the anons who mentioned the GMG sale, thanks.

what is that?

>Do that exploit where you can increase vocation rank while idling in the Noble Quarter while your pawns kill attacking guards.
>Decide I'm done being a lazy shit after a few minutes and run back to the Pawn Guild to change vocations.
>Guards follow me and attack everyone there on sight.
>Rook, for whatever fucking reason, was loitering there and gets brutalized by three guards.

green man gay ming

I'm this guy, and I found two of my old stories. The first one is short and the second one is kinda long and I wanted to focus on writing action scenes, so if you'd like to read here they are:
Beatrice and Gertrude:
pastebin.com/yKYSSNmr
Artemis and unknown Arisen:
pastebin.com/5Y1ZCDBu

I had two or three more I'd post if I found them if anyone wanted to read, one for Sahmed and Sir stanley, and one for Trickster and uncle Dante, and was working on one for the white pawn Lennox I think the name wasFrom the old thread I took a couple of ideas, I liked the old man and his son and a few of the knightly looking ones.

I forgot to get rid of this stupid fucking watermark
When are we getting DD2? I am so sick of Capcom

where 2 get these armors?

I hate that sorcerors are so restricted in their selections, because that is a fuckin LOOK

I remember you from the old threads, you're really good at writing. I'd love to read the unposted stories.

I wish There was a classless mod. I'd fucking love to go full battle wizard with sword combos and 3 spells. Mystic knight feels more like a paladin or dark knight.

It doesn't automatically make it happen, but it does help.

T-thanks. I'll look for them again when I get home, hopefully other anons post more of theirs too for Sunday storytime.

I just want to wear any armour I want, I'd still go just archistaff. God or just a transmog option, Sanguine Stalk is all powerful but ugly as sin. I miss my Dragons Risen.

So there's a trophy for equipping male characters with female clothing.
But males can't wear female only clothing. The equip button is dim and not selectable.
I don't get it, how do I get that trophy?

Check the Black Cat.

>Go through BBI 1.0
>Struggle a bit
>Only things I can't deal with are Death & Condemnedclops
>Swap back to strider
>They are now easy, if a bit slow to deal with
>Kill Simon
>Silver my daggers
>Suddenly everything is butter, despite pawns managing to be even less useful than ever
Never realised how much of a boost that extra damage v defence was worth.

It's because of how damage threshholds work in this fucking game. Even the smallest change in damage can result in you either not even denting their life bar, to completely decimating them in 30 seconds.

Well, that was obtuse and pointless. Thanks.

It does? So is Magic useful or not? I switched from an assassin to a sorcerer and I'm having a hard time.

>Beatrice and Gertrude
Jesus. The nostalgia hit me like a truck. What a classic.

I want to get you writefags together somehow, get some community work going. I know there's a handful of you out there and I'd be real interested to see all of what you lot can write.

>So is Magic useful or not?
If you target weakness it melt hp bar away, but it's shit when target immune.
>I switched from an assassin to a sorcerer
Stupid question but do you play sorc before? By this time you probably shoud have cast speed augment and ring. And also few quick spells.

>community work
What you got in mind?

Yeah, I knew how the damage formula worked, but I never realised how small a change it would need to become god.

Could be stat growths painting a poor picture.
Or you are just used to one of the highest potential DPS from climbing, going to less sustained damage but huge burst.
Magic is amazing, if a bit awkward to bring to bear at times.

>Stupid question but do you play sorc before?
Nope. Started as a warrior with shield and sword, switched to assassin with a sword and a bow, and now trying sorcerer. No idea what I'm doing.

>Magic is amazing
Oh good. I was afraid I picked a shitty support class or something.

Lewd stories involving pawns.

Post a picture of your pawn and a basic idea of their personality, or whatever you headcanon for them
I'll see what I can do. Haven't done lewdfics since Xenoverse 2 first launched

So what's the story behind each of the Wyverns postgame? I guess the one in Bluemoon is Salomet, but who are the ones in the watergod temple and near bloodwater in the conqueror's sanctuary?

Nothing special, just a collective of writefags working together for the sake of the community. Proof-reading, brainstorming, etc. I realize it might be difficult to tack your name onto something, but I would appreciate the chance to work closer with all the writefags here. What would be a good way to get in touch?

>not solar providence or even solar numen
PC has the ability to wear any armour with any weapon and you can modelswap the best weapon with whatever weapon you like the look of best, a lot of people did it with the shortsword iirc around PC release.

Shitty support class would be Mage. But even then it has some uses.
Sorc has INSANE nukes, and arguably some of the most satisfying magic I've seen in vidya.
Downside is the cast times. You have to spend a lot of time standing still, open to attacks while you cast the big booms.

You can ease the pain on this with one of the augments (forgot the name) and the Wyrmking Ring for 20% faster casts.
Sorceror's also have a sync casting mechanic, meaning if you have a 2nd Sorceror half way through casting a spell, if you are close enough and you start casting the same spell, it will instantly sync to how far through the cast they are.
A gift and a curse for the vocation since it means if you want it to be at its best, you need 2 or more of them.
4 is hilarious, if you can get a quad cast off

>No idea what I'm doing.
That's explains. Kinda. Spells don't really improve from you gear, from what i hear, but rather from you magic stat. But okay cosmetion and miasma are you best friends get them asap, don't waste points into anything. Once you unlock holy affinity and focused bolt get them to. Grind for augments and vocation rank. Once you done bying necesarry shit, you can start experiment. It's kinda like it.

Magic is sick powerful, but you need to treat it right. Get another sorceror for spell synch, it's mighty useful being able to jump to where someone else is in their casting time automatically.

A good set up is
High Comestion (regular comestion can be cast just by filling up the first bar)
High Fulmination (dragons hate it! watch how this one arisen melted a drake in five seconds with this one neat trick)
Holy Affinity (get the Focused Bolt core skill to make this a heat seeking rapecannon)
-
High Bolide (the cosmos awakens)
High Gicel (satisfying CRUNCH)
High Seism/Maelstrom (whatever your pleasure is)

Conservation, Gravitas, Acuity and Articulation are all must-have augments. Get yourself the Wyrmking's Ring if you can, it's immensely useful coupled with Articulacy.

Drake in Conqueror's Sanctuary is clearly Papa Nier