/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Spoopy Ling Edition

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-nYTXwLCfzc
youtube.com/watch?v=yLkweb7jimY
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
youtube.com/watch?v=tHRehZeZG4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i miss the good old days of learning tekken, you kids these days and your fancy google docs. back in my day we had to watch videos that were badly edited in windows movie maker. how can you learn to electric on jin without being shown by a 13 year old with linkin park playing in the background?

So, all you have to do to get seiryu is play LC and press as much buttons as possible!
Also, does anyone have the miguel gif that fergus has?

>videos
Tekkenbabies
youtube.com/watch?v=-nYTXwLCfzc

I gotta rewatch that later.

Isn't it past your bedtime?

the absolute state of EU kekken

KBD is overrated. You only need to learn when to backdash and cancel it maybe once at most. There's nothing in this game a single backdash into ss won't avoid.

mommy!

>friends want to go to an anime con
>fighting game tourneys there
>"oh i should practice"
>no Tekken 7
>TTT2 is there instead
What the fuck do people even play it any more

tag2 is dope. hit me up if you know what characters you're going to use and need help with combos.

Claudio can fucking teleport what is this shit. I was just looking through his move list and 1+2 leads into 1+2_f2 where he literally *teleport behind u*

Yup, that string is a bit of a mindfuck. Kazumi has a similar one IIRC

I get hit by King's gay 1000 hit uzumaki barrage 10x kaioken bullshit every single time he uses it. And once a king player knows I don't know how to stop it its all he does and then I lose.
I can block the first bunch of attacks but then something random always happens at the end like a grab or something wtf are you supposed to do

youtube.com/watch?v=yLkweb7jimY
>18:38
Why are the bears so fucking retarded?

he has 2 ten strings one of them ends in a grab and you have to low parry it before then. the other one you can just hold back and launch punish when he's done. you can tell its the low parry one because he does a jump kick as part of it.

>because he does a jump kick
>oh how obvious how could I have missed that
seriously though what if I can't low parry yet

just mash df and you'll low-parry the low whenever it comes out

you get two chances to low parry it i think you should go in practice mode and figure it out. the jump kick is just how i distinguish them you can distinguish them in other ways probably.

I started with 3 and electrics were piss easy in that game.

>watching afreeca tekken league finals
>knee has to resort to cheap kazumi spam to beat go attack after getting BTFO with shaheen
tekken genius they said.

I'm a noob who just lost 9 out of my last 10 matches
It seems like I'm getting hit with a lot of things even though my thumb is on back
what might be happening?

Try crouching

you are either getting hit with lows (in particular look out for snake edges) or you are pressing a button at the wrong time.

its not lows its very clear that I'm getting hit with like mids or highs
is it because I'm also moving backwards?

Do a screen recording of your next match

hard to say, you shouldn't get hit by a normal high or mid if you are actually just holding back.

are you at all familiar with frame data? you might be doing unsafe things

I know about the concept of frame data, but I don't think I know the actual frames for even a single move. Fuck that noise it sounds way to hard to memorize, and besides I heard some people ignore it

>first speedkicks and now lowhigh stopping by fergus' stream
What makes him so popular?

many moves in tekken have similar framedata across all characters. like most hopkicks are similar, most df1s, most generic d4s, most df2s, most jabs etc.

just start with this drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/ and expand into the rest of your movelist later on

>it's an asuka that parries after every string
Lmao thanks for the free points faggot.

yea I've already been to that link.
I made much more progress during the week for some reason. I think there's just too many good players online right now. Just got my third demotion

>fergus is at the last bit of hp driven into a corner
>attempts to snake edge
Lmao

EU Kekken everybody

to be fair he was playing katarina

katarina is not only honest but also the worst character in the game according to The Genius Stephen Stafford

Playing Jin is suffering, I can't do Electrics online

raven or yoshimitsu

Which ninja is better for a noob who gonna start in 2 days?

all hail 200 iq speed"kat has no neutral"kicks prophetking of tekken, herald of the a tier lars and biggest cock in the fgc

Either is kinda balls for a noob who's going to start in 2 days. But either is doable. Yoshimitsu is more excecution heavy all the way through while master raven gets easier the more you get used to the character. You just have to get used to her backturn and what puts her into it, after that she's not that hard.

if you have to pick one of those two go with raven because she's easier.

yoshi if u r a memelord. raven if u like T H I C C

Remove Snake Edges and Jack

>op pic related slaps ur gfs ass in the club wat do

How do you even start to deal with Bryan's b+3 or whatever it is, the long kick that counter hits?
Like no matter what Bryan does there's a fucking counter-hit behind it so challenging him is never in your favor. He's gotta have the most ch launches of any character.

jacks not that good you can get combos off him that aren't possible to do on other chars because of his size

>you can get combos off him that aren't possible to do on other chars because of his size
matters about as much as bear combos

Yeah but you also cant see shit whenever he moves so all his moves look like mids

>MVCI so dead Spooky and Tasty Steve have to comentate for them
lmao

>jacks not that good
*df2's you from 20 feet away*

this post belongs in fgg kid

he only has like 3 good lows and 2 of them are extremely obvious
some of his costumes should be banned though. You can't see your own character sometimes when he wears the gold robot costume or the iron man one

I feel you. It feels like every move is a CH launcher, and his offense is so safe that unless they do something completely retarded you can never punish. Also "no panic moves" my ass, orbital heel is a fucking safe low crushing launcher. Bryan is a very good character, we'll have to suck it up and deal with it.

Is Jim honest

youre probably talking about 3+4, and the answer is to sidestep

whats eliza's

"reccomended for players who like"

she's not on that google doc thing in OP

recommended for players who like to shit on everyone who doesn't know the matchup and 2d combo inputs

basically akuma 2.0: divekick edition

well I like unique characters, but I don't like street fighter, but I like Eliza. The reason I'm asking is because I want a secondary and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of characters I like

I've never tried Eliza so I don't know, but the character guide is not always correct in my opinion. I'd suggest picking characters by their looks first, then going to training mode and exploring the top 10 moves, you'll get a much better feel of what the character actually plays that way.

How do I play dirty? I feel I could easily win games if I just kept sweeping or using 1+2 throws in green but after doing it once in a match I unconciously wont do it again

spam a plus on block string and then use a counterhit launcher.

there is no such thing as "dirty"
except maybe bryans taunt shenanigans that shits pretty messed up

What's the general strategy for fighting Asuka's that use b+3 a lot? Specifically if they use it as a keep out or as an up-close crush.

I can't go back to PS4 after playing on PC for a month. It's just so trash. It feels like the game responds half a second late to everything.

Are there any plans for them to update or rework how the customization system is? It feels kind of poor compared to Tekken in the past

haha bamco doing anything the community wants dont ask him for shit xddd

>2 Days ago I felt like I was improving in stuff like punishing and blocking on reaction
>Today I cant even do a basic combo

Haha harada is such an epic troller don't ask him for shit lets just ignore all the issues and eat his steamy loadnof shot xD

Get a lag switch and spam snake edge.

You have bad days. I played well during the week and now I'm paying for it on the weekend. You just go to suffer through it a bit until you pick yourself up again.

So...not for right now? I'm new to tekken games but they seem to last for a very long time, so they have plenty of time to fix it right?

mark my words they will stick exactly to the dlc schedule and add exactly nothing else.

Game is on sale for $28 on gamebundles for PC

I switched over from PS4 and it's not even the same game

Even 3-4 bars on pc is better than 5 on ps4

I can reaction block lows now and none of my inputs miss or buffer wrong

I hope they use PC for tournaments

I wonder how more common it is for people on PS4 to play on wifi.

What do you do to take out your anger after being demoted 4 times?

I'm not sure. One thing about ps4 is it was clearly designed with wifi and lag in mind. On 4 or 5 bars its really consistently bad all around with infrequent big packet losses and lag spikes.

On PC 4-5 bars wired connection is completely silky smooth but on wifi you can really feel it, any packet loss is a huge 1 second delay of nothing happening.

Overall in like 1 hour of playing on PC I like it a lot more. Especially against opponents with good internet. It's a completely different game. I can sidestep cancel and none of my combos drop. It also looks 10000000000 times better and loads twice as fast.

Sometimes my stick gets on the receiving end of my anger. Good way to make it worse

Best and most underrated girl!!

my kids are scared of me i cared more about tekken than my car etc.

Stop fixating on the fact that you lost and start focusing on why you lost. It won't completely make the rage stop, but it helps me.

>tfw no daily sparring buddy who I can practice with before hopping into ranked

i wan to breed mraven with orcs

>I hope they use PC for tournaments

Unless you can outsponsor Sony, better learn to use Sirgay and Jack.

Beat my dog, my wife, and my kids

for everyone who get mad at deathfist. the move is block punishable, i know it sometimes whiffs but the block stun is so large it is very easy to see the distance in a lot of situations, so most of the time you will be able to see if a punish is possible if you practice it. furthermore you can step a deathfist extremely easily at anything that isn't range zero, so if they dash toward you stepping or sidewalking is easy and if they are at range zero then block punishment is guaranteed.

Lots of vodka.

shut the fuck up

I take it out on myself.

Masturbate. If I got demoted by a female character I masturbate to her.

I have no idea what to do against eddy. Nothing seems block punishable.

How can people deal with this

I get EXTREMELY mad when I playing on 3 bars on PC or when I feel the slightest delay

What's your rank?

Unpopular opinion: I like that tekken has each individual decide whether or not they want to skip their intro/outro.

Don't ever talk to me

youtube.com/watch?v=tHRehZeZG4U

Yeah okay weeb