/civ4xg/ - Endless, Stellaris, Civilization and 4X

Game you never heard about edition
last bread STELLARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iPkn0IoHjk0
youtube.com/watch?v=UPFU9KkCtWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zxIwf0sBj6E
youtube.com/watch?v=lubyi79e6SY
youtu.be/TekcKxDCD2M
youtube.com/watch?v=3mYluhXoij4
youtube.com/watch?v=1NB1GHXL77o
youtube.com/watch?v=NuvagWbwlrE
store.steampowered.com/app/270790/Etherlords_II/
youtube.com/watch?v=ARhMXvesRJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3hwpbV6Dq0k
youtube.com/watch?v=2Xj7Lgeip4w
youtube.com/watch?v=6D77IF9lJ9g
youtube.com/watch?v=2_B4WPnf-AY
youtube.com/watch?v=s-l5rPlYDkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never heard of it but I like the graphisms. Reminds me of an abandonware I tried where you terraform the land around you to make ressources.

What ES2 faction works best for a complete hodgepodge of races?

Depends on quests,whacha aiming for

You mean Oriental Empires? Heard the trade was nice, but the combat turns me off.

Niko's made to be protected. Unlike Horatio.

>games that nobody plays
youtube.com/watch?v=iPkn0IoHjk0
WHYYYYY

Riftborn cause they dont grow naturally
Unfallen got some nice bonus from their quest and Sophon/Lumeris too I think? Dont know if other factions got bonus from minor pops

Total War Access is still giving away 50% off coupons for Endless Space 2 until the 13th of November.

This is not in the op because the OP MAKER IS GARBAGE

the product of a tortured mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=UPFU9KkCtWQ

>imma whine in every thread because im still butthurt
Put a sock on it arleady.

>Riftborn
You miss out on T5 that that converts excess food to production also you cannot boost the pops.

Lumeris have best quest rewards by far.

You forgot the /cbg/ and /rtsg/ tags.

Sorry, I played that one, so it's not forgotten.

>I'm not going to include vital information for one of the most played games in the thread because I think I'm funny talking about irrelevant fucking shit like spiders and old games!

Nth for best RTS nobody plays.
youtube.com/watch?v=zxIwf0sBj6E

I actually have that on steam for some reason. Probably through some humble bundle or random G2A 1$ keys
btw rate my halloween sale buys. Mostly thread related stuff

>deflecting it on horatio
Nice shitposting.

Fuck off, I played that one.

It had the best "walls" ever.

Nothing especially, I guess whichever faction would work as a roleplay for a cosmopolitan mishmash of races and peoples.

>cossacks 3
>sim city 4
>act of war

Obscure game that litterally nobody played.
Apparently it's a freeware now.

They're all good.

they're the worst iterations of their respective series

american conquest and
hello
is the real shit

Nobody played this but me
youtube.com/watch?v=lubyi79e6SY
Erm...hard to say. If you use default races Lumeris pay to assimilate with dosh instead of influence. Think trees give special bonuses to other pops and Horatio eats up other pops for MUH GENES.
>Hard West
My nigga. Whats Venetica?

HOLY SHIT I LOVE ORIGINAL WAR.

No kidding, I got this game when I was like 13-14 years old or something? I cleared it at least few times, every mission.

This game deserve sequel for sure.

Cossacks 2 was the worst, what the fuck are you talking about?
Haven't heard anything about Act of War 2, so same thing.

The fuck is Hello? And American Conquest was hard as fuck.

Okay, I give up, I don't know that one.

any of you guys enjoyed Sins of a Solar Empire? I was thinking of picking it up.

I like it personally, though I can't say whether it's worth the price.

I actually got Stellaris yesterday and i'm loving the game. I even got some of the DLC because I love it so much.

I played it. A few things annoys me, but it's overall very solid.

What pisses me off :
>HPs aren't updated in real time, they're updated once per second
>right click orders units around, but also moves the camera
>you have many different kinds of ships, but it's usually better to use corvettes, and reserves the other ships for specialized situations.

cossacks 2 was actually great. best line warfare simulator ever. it just wasn't an age of empires clone like cossacks 1.

american conquest is a more true sequel, which actually fixes most of the problems cossacks had while keeping the same style.
cossacks 3 just wholesale copies 1 all warts included, forgetting all the advancements they made with AC.

hello

Why GalCiv III is so anti-intuitive in everything? I constantly have to search for guides over internet about various mechanics that never gets explained and I often find nothing since almost nobody play it. Second game was not that weird.

Also, it was fick move to tie various crucial improvements to resources that can happily dont spawn at all on whole map. Yeah, it surely is fun to use only most primitive farm entire game because more advanced require some special crap that refused to appear in galaxy.

So, anybody here played Submarine Titans? I still listen Black Octopi calm and battle music.

Thanks for the feedback Wiz

>not supporting GSC so they can make HoAE 2 already
>not enjoying the epitome of comfy that is SC4
>not enjoying cheesy action movie: the RTS: the expansion pack

>Whats Venetica?

no idea, some (probably shitty) action-RPG or something. Had decent aesthetics and hot babes though

I did and still have CD somewhere on my desk. Really nice game but when I got it and tried to make friends play it, they prefered Starcraft instead.

Autistic Earth 2150, I played that one.
Autistic because the fucking tech tree is humongous

Link.
youtu.be/TekcKxDCD2M

Well, There's the part where im slowly losing influence because of frontier outposts and I don't know how to fix it.

one of the few RTS games to have actual strategy. has a lot of 4x elements too.

>supporting jewsc

>generic dull unimaginative iterative buzzword 4
>comfy

>low rent generals clone

>cossacks 2 was actually great

*dodges your torpedo*
*sends jumping mines at your ass*

I'm gonna shove a regiments worth of muskets up your ass fuccboi.

I got its sequel The Moon Project

I bet no one remembers me.

>rts with actual supply lines and shit

I remember trying the demo on Playstation.

Playing a RTS on a console is even less enjoyable than getting fucked in the ass.

Mmm... Hegemony?

If you know this one you are a true patrician.

You do know there is an obscure Age of Empires 2 clone based in Wild West? It was...i actually enjoyed it. Music was good and factions were diverse.

youtube.com/watch?v=3mYluhXoij4

is tycoon games /cbg/?
youtube.com/watch?v=1NB1GHXL77o

it's not that trashy alexander movie tie-in is it?

Wait a second...ANNO DEVELOPERS MADE IT

I fucking loved that game.

The new freeware version is great.

The FMVs are fucking kek worthy.

I don't know that game but the indians in american conquest were dope. especially sioux.
>tipis are very cheap, can be knocked down quickly to recover some of the cost
>your basic worker doubles as warrior
>can easily relocate to anywhere on the map and raid without leaving a trace

The series goes like that
Earth 2140 + 3 mission packs
Earth 2150 + The Moon Project + Lost Souls
Earth 2160
Then Zuxxez, or whatever they're called now, killed Reality Pump.

Eh,its exacly like Age of Empires 2 in this one.
Indians can basically move around with tipis and have cheap units but its hard for them to obtain guns (which you need for better units)
We are allowed to discuss obscure RTS here?

youtube.com/watch?v=NuvagWbwlrE

I think I tried that one. It was meh.

Tried Earth 2160.
Made a basic unit in skirmish.
Met another basic unit.
Told my units to attack other units.
While under heavy fire, they walked aaaaaaaall the way to shoot them at point blank.
Uninstalled Earth 2160.

Sure, talk about it.

Funny, I remember having the opposite problem with advanced units.
They'd stay at the max range of their secondary, smaller weapon but never advance close enough to use their more damaging main weapon.

Jokes on you, I already remember Warrior Kings as well.

You gotta try harder, user, if you want to beat me in remembering RTS games :3

Here is some obscure game you probably never heard about for example (not that it was good, but sequel kinda was and this one was hilarious to play in fact).

>Here is some obscure game you probably never heard about
Okay, please stop, you're starting to sound like an ass.

Here is another one, Etherium. Not very old, but still pretty obscure. Intended for short matches, you win by killing the opponent, or by smashing his space fleet with an expensive structure.

>good rts buried by wc3 release
Also a fun little Russian gem,Etherlords
store.steampowered.com/app/270790/Etherlords_II/
Damn shame
Is that some weird polish warcraft clone?
Never heard of it,is it like Supreme Commander?

OH SHIT
IMPERIVM ROMANVM SPQR BROTHER

>Okay, please stop, you're starting to sound like an ass.

Sorry, I didnt want to insult anybody ;_;

>Etherium

I do recognize it and checked few gameplay videos before but I never actually bought it since some people suggested it was pretty bad. At least in SP, but I only play my games in SP (which is why I found Grey Poo to suck ass).

Dammit, I fucking loved Battle Realms. I still play it once in a while.
Wasn't Ethelord 2 that magic-like game?

Also, no. Etherium is more like Dawn of War or Company of Heroes, you capture sectors, some of them have ressources, you mine the ressources, buy more stuff, and voila.

Here's another game that I really loved, Praetorians. I was very good at it as a kid.
Recently got it on GoG.
Got my shit wrecked so hard I almost cried.
I'm 27.

no, you don't understand. my power can not be matched by mere mortals.

I wish I could get it to work on modern windows

Oh yes, that shit was golden as well.

Yet, I still prefer their previous game, Tzar.

Yup, in a sense. One of the sources of hilarity was how the only resource was... milk. Yes, you were using milk to buy units or construct buildings (interesting engineering solution I must say). This would also mean that you had to manage cow groups and move them around to new pastures after they would eat out whole grass in area.

Pretty fun, in some way.

>horrible SP games
Dont ever try Homeworld prequel,ai was so bad it well...it totally ruined everything else.
Sure it was mix between M&M and Pokemon but hey,its oldie and weird.

While we're talking about RTS, does anyone know of any fun fantasy RTS that have more in-depth resource gathering? Something like the Aoe2 system but less faux historical.

Heroes of Annihilated Empires comes to mind. It uses food, wood, rocks, but also crystals, iron, and other stuff.

The ressources depends from the races, too. The undead don't have food or wood, they use rocks and crystal directly.

Off the bat you got...Total Annihilation: Kingdoms with kinda interesting build mechanics and mana gathering.
There is also Magic and Mayhem thats RTS with spell slots,artifacts and RPG elements.

Warlords Battlecry had alot of resources i think.

Okay, you got me here, I cant recognize that one ;_;

Looks similar to Aztec Empire but its a different game.

Not him but kinda yeah - it was similar to MtG in fact. Also, in second game you were controlling single hero in interesting story (basically meeting yourself from other campaigns with final one being played from perspective of somebody you thought was main antagonist and placing whole different light on the story).

First game was "MtG mixed with Heroes of Might and Magic" aka you controlled multiple heroes in strategic game but game was infamous for being insanely hard.

is that more like a Z clone or...?

All I remember from Etherlords was that it was full of sexy women and I was hitting puberty.
Still not as bad as Spellforce. The cover featured one of the best asses I saw in a game.
And then I played Enclave who isn't a RTS so I shan't mention it.

Spellforce uses different resources per race...6 races?

>TAK
>single resource streaming
>in depth

I will share with you my childhood that I was too retarded to get good at.
youtube.com/watch?v=ARhMXvesRJQ

very comfy and unique.

youtube.com/watch?v=3hwpbV6Dq0k
>dat mistress

>they're the worst iterations of their respective series
I will shit roads all over you and you will drown in them

even 3000 is better than 4

Despite having a spanking fetish, the mistress never did anything to me.
I miss how productive torturing was in the first Dungeon Keeper. In the sequels, it became useless.

And I'm bummed War For The Overworld doesn't let you create skeletons out of prisoners or make an army of ghosts.

>obscure childhood RTS games
youtube.com/watch?v=2Xj7Lgeip4w
youtube.com/watch?v=6D77IF9lJ9g
>dat pirate music

Is the Vodyiani Infallible Authority trait still broken? Does it still scale per level of the hero?
Hell, are there still heroes that have yeld bonuses scaling with their own hero level?

Its fixed...+2 FIDS on planet, +0.5 fids empire wide on senate

>babbies talking about old games
Kids these days.
youtube.com/watch?v=2_B4WPnf-AY

I remember playing a version where they didn't hold the box with the price, they said it in their dialog. And the ornis/worms went straight instead of flying around.

Which one? Polanie was really a basic RTS game, from today perspective really simple save for that unsusual idea with cows and their eating habbits. Second game (called Knightshift in west) was much better.

>dat Diamanda armor

I know that feel, bro. I was too aat puberty when playing Etherlords II. Good times.

I'll check those out, thanks.

I remember playing a spellforce game years ago and it was just the usual stuff. Like... food, gold and I think some sort of leaf thing or something. Is there one in particular I should look at?

Ive played classic Dune and Dune 2000 and Emperor Battle for Dune but never that one.
Is it fun?

I played first one alot and its really long, second one has really weird story and voice acting. Just pirate the whole bunch and see which one you prefer.

tzar

I have bad memories of my puberty.
I remember wanted to whip Lara Croft with a riding crop. And yet I replayed the game recently, it was ugly as fuck.

Feel free to try, but Heroes of Annihilated Empires is made by the dudes who made Cossacks. And it shows.

Kinda, yeah. Very linear and scripted, but I finished it a lot. I even managed to find bugs.

Then I saw the movie and I learned it was based on a book. I was very surprised that the entire game only covers one book out of.. What, six?

Thank god, it was inplayable before.
Any heroes with things scaling off their own hero level though? I love the potential of infinite scaling, since there's no hero level cap.

Six books and shitton of later ones to piggyback on originals.
United Empire gives 1% industry per level i think.

Empire Earth.

A very strange RTS that I like a lot, who brings a lot of very nice ideas : prophets, hospital to heal all your units at one, multipliers if you put peasants in forums, a moral system with house, an upgrade system...

But it's ruined by the fact that very few things are explained in game (good luck figuring out what plasma does), and the fact that the AI totally doesn't play by your rules.
And then the sequels arrived and it became a wild ride. I tried Empire Earth 3, it was kinda fun but too limited compared to the original, and I heard horrible rumours about the second one.

We all played Empire Earth laddie.
German WW1 campaign was pure kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=s-l5rPlYDkY

I used to play EE with my firend all the time in high school. Sucks the AI cheats like fuck and ages along with you regardless of how their economy is doing

second one was by far the best one. third one was a neat idea but just horribly broken.

>shitton of later ones to piggyback on originals
What do you mean?
I stopped at Leto the Second's death, I don't know what happens later.

I was always a bit annoyed by the lack of scale in these books. Herbert isn't that good at painting a picture, so you have the Duke Leto having a dinner, because you don't have any idea how big his armies are, how many servants he has, or even how the dining room looks like, so in the end, it feels like 8 hobos eating in a garage.

Never played it online. I kinda wish I did, but I'm a terrible player at RTS.

>second one was by far the best one
what

Tzar is AoE 2 clone, most to speak. It have some RPG touch too (units gain experience with killing enemies and can get more powerful this way). There are also mages, three different "races" (Europeans, Arabian and Asians) and rather hard campaign.

Would recommend getting it some way, its definietly worht playing.

Oh yeah? I fapped to water elementals and medusas in Heroes of Might and Magic III

the whole region thing was really cool. it had roads and bridges and shit. and the tech tree was a lot less obscure

~yakatoba~

While we're on the subject I had my first ever wet dream about Aphrodite from Zeus: Master of Olympus

Well...Herbert died in 1986 with original+ 5 sequel books (the first 6), rest was written by all sorts of writers...at least 15 i think. Discussing books is pushing the offtopic a bit here.
Go read Isaac Asimov Foundation series instead.

ao2 is super overrated. I like something really unique and strategic like imperium over that shit. I had hoped its predecessor would be more interesting than just a clone.

>ao2 is super overrated
t. baddie