/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

Lewd demons edition

Previous journal update:
Patch v3.0.150.188 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1461842131332478533

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map, now in high res) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14052058/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Friendly reminder

fuck off

Official Instrument Power Rankings

GOD TIER
Tambura

HIGH TIER
Cello

MID TIER
OUD

POWER GAP

SHIT TIER
Bansuri

Well after playing through tactician as the Prince and with limited knowledge of 2 other origin stories, I can confidently say that Red Prince is the canon MC and also the best MC

Playing as Prince is pure fun.

I want pure rogue backstabbin damage.

where do my points go most efficiently.

Warfare and Scoundrel.

what would be a simple party to use if I want to focus on magic damage entirely? I fell for the mixed damage meme and physical sounds boring

>cello not god tier
pleb

4 Mages?

Heavier into warfare? Heavier into scoundrel? 2:1? 1:2? 1:3?

Max them both out eventually but
Warfare = more damage
Scoundrel = faster movement and harder crits

I would say take Pawn talent and then max Warfare first

>imagining lohse as a mindless fucktoy / slave for a demon who turns the world into a living nightmare
why does this arouse me

Both. Max them to 10, also it's good to have some points in huntsman for tactical retreat and necro for HP SUCC.
For main stats you should go for Finesse and Wits.

>you find malady's spear in the dream realm
What.

>Falling for the Pawn meme

>Pawn
>not Executioner
Please.

The guy came to this general for some genuine advice, why would you steer him wrong? Maybe if this was a /v/ thread or something but c'mon

You're the one who steers him wrong.

w-we're losin captain
strawpoll.me/14052058/r

That doctor fight was ridiculous even after I weakened him on Normal - does anyone have any experience killing him -without- weakening him on Tactician? Any advice? I've wrapped up just about everything else in Arx

>mom, mom, look, I posted brainlet meme
Stay salty, pawnfag.
*teleports behind you*
*gets 2AP*

Pawn is better for a Rogue, Executioner is still good, but being able to get into backstab position every turn and still do 2 attacks is far stronger.
>Finesse and Wits.
Unless you have another character with Wits, then its a waste of points desu. I just level Wits on my MC for persuasion .

>initiative and crit chance are waste for DW rogue

gentlemen what if i take both pawn and executioner

>pawn is better than executioner
>there's no need for wits
We're brainlet general now.

You can't, unfortunately. They're like Demon and Ice King talents. What you should take, however, is Hothead.

Sort by last picked up broken for anyone else? nothing happens, it worked before

>lohse's first actions upon getting rid of adramahlik is to literally sing and dance on his corpse

>Executioner better than Pawn

does everybody here play on Explorer, or is it just some shitty meme to give garbage advice to anyone that comes here?

post your custom characters

Tellin' ya, "Adramahlikh" was never real. Lohse is the arch-demon with dissociative identity disorder.

Executionner is great on your big dick 2-handed fighter with zero utility.

>playing as custom

Rogues Auto crit from behind and the way initiative works it only matters if one of your characters beats the enemies. If one of your characters has 50 initiative and you have 49 on another, the one with 49 is still going after the enemy with 10.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what your talking about. Pawn guarantees 2 backstabs per round. Executioner even if you are already in perfect backstab position and you kill someone with those 2 attacks still have to then move to another backstab position. At best most of the time it will let you throw a grenade or cast a scroll or move back into position, which if you don't do you will next round with your ap still losing attacks. And on rounds you don't kill someone with your rogue it's way worse.

I think you have to be playing on explorer to find value out of 1 almost-ap.

>waypoint to tarquin just before entering the crypt
>he hasn't finished anathema

>sing for me we'll make them scream
>sing for me we'll make them bleed
>[...]
>[whispering] Let's make them scream
How do I put this. This isn't what I'd call reassuring.

Why are there no good mods for this game?

Define good.

good mods take time and the game has only been out for what, 2 months?

You have to do a certain speech option for him to give it to you, it's completely useless anyhow though.

>impish pocket realm
Awww yeah that's my groove.

>that climax
What the fuck is this garbage.

>malady moaning while I'm trying to trade with Tarquin
STOP IT

anyone else get a fuckload of lag after the patch in multiplayer

These half-demons are going to be a death of me...

Are polymorph skills just broken right now? latest update made it so I never actually get the ability like spin web or flight

polymorph is for gay fags anyway

;_;

t. nigger that hates fun

Yes skills that add skills to your bar are broken.

I wish custom wasn't so pointless. You miss so much of the story, couldn't they just write something for the custom character based on tags or something?

>this motherfucker with the outfit
did you get blackring armor mod to work is that a screencap from ages ago?

>couldn't they just write something for the custom character based on tags or something?
They did, and called this origin stories.

SLUT

I didn't updated my game.

Why is Ifan so fucking boring?

He's just got a really barebones revenge story. I'm sure some people like him.

>Pass random persuasion check I wasn't expecting to pass
>Guy gives me a note that I use to bully everyone in town
fucking kek

Only female lizards and tumblr like him. Furfags and shit.

What, where?

Quick question, first time player here

Will I be able to go back to every area or will some areas close? Right now im essentially on the first mission out of fort joy but theres stuff i still want to do inside
Is it possible to have quests open and being unable to finish them?
Every item thats not unique can be found in multiple ways in the world, right or wrong?
Is there romance in this game?

Driftwood. The guy that was loading the boat about to head out. I won a persuasion and he gave me a writ telling every magester in the area to do what I said.

Yes Areas close off everytime you travel somewhere new.

Yes

Items are completely random aside from uniques.

Kind of although it bugs out at the end of the game for a lot of people and it's mostly just a choice between your companions at a certain point of the game.

>There will never be an open world map expansion that lets you wander all of Rivellon at your leisure

Which option? Source hunter?

I just got off the Fort Joy island as Sebille, but I fucking hate her story and elves.

Who has the best stories? I'm kind of interested in Lohse's story, but I'm not really interested in any of the others. I also hate how the armors work, it means you should just always be pure physical party or pure magic party.

I told him I wanted to join them.

how good is melee?

Racist, Lohse, Sebille, Fane and Red Prince have the best stories. Yes that's how armor works.

It's fine, just make sure you get a lot of mobility skills. Poly's wings are probably my favorite.

I'm trying out OS1 after spending a good 150 hours in OS2, but... Am I just being a brainlet and ignoring hints or is there like no direction at all? I got Wolgruff, found out the dude's corpse was dug up and replaced with a sheep, and found out about the Starstone thing... But going out into the fields, I just see enemies at higher level than me, and I don't know what else to look at in town.

I'm also using that Epic Encounters mod. Is that good? It was recommended by a friend.

Red Prince and Fane have the best stories
Sebille's is too short, but as a companion she at least has a small bit of character development
Lohse's voice acting and lines are cringey and her story is not too great but it's better than Ifan's and Beast's stories

No idea about the mod, Solve the murder, do the quests in town, they should lead you to differen't places. Game isn't really going to hold your hand, you have to explore places and talk to people/ find clues and items to figure things out.

I think I'll do Fane with Sebille as my partner. I don't really like lizards. I wish they didn't have the whole origin thing or let you change their genders at least, but I guess that'd fuck over the voice acting.

Good choice.

Ranged >>>>>>>>>>>>> Melee by far. No point in being melee unless you wanna RP

Onslaught needs a buff, it's a 4ap attack against a single target
Compare it to shit like arrow storm or any of the magic aoe skills

>Don't want to play any of the Origin characters
>Miss out on content by not doing it
Fucking hell, I guess I can just have the fun of being a normal ass human.

Gate guards hint at what level you should be for each direction. On the steam guides, look up the guide titled "Zones by level" or something for an idea.

You don't really miss out on much desu. It's better to play as a custom first time around just to get a sense of what the character personalities are like, because playing as an Origin basically erases them and makes them a near blank slate.

how do I cheese the last fight? I'm not sure how varied the possibilities for it are,
but it's 4 of my guys vs everyone else

Got a rogue?
Mortal Blow Braccus when he's low enough to get instakilled and you will never see the Kraken

cheesing it is pretty boring though, honestly if you get braccus low enough then Dallis will turn into her dragon form and only focus him, send your whole squad at him as well and burn him down - should be able to kill him before things get out of hand

How does Sparkstriker work? Is it just your physical damage bounces and deals magic damage, or is it actually scaling off of INT or some shit?

damage scales with level and lasts for 4 bounces

Get a ranger with 2 mobility skills
Time turner them if you can

Send then down to braccus to insta kill him with arrow storm which kills the kracken and all sworn enemies

>Myself as a Rogue
>Sebille as a Cleric
>Red Prince as a Knight
>Lohse as a Summoner
>6th level
How do I deal with that voidwoken deep dweller

>Sebille as a Cleric

I don't know, everyone always said you can go ahead and put whoever you want in whatever class you want

Is there any difference between Sword/Axe/Mace other than aesthetic?

Swords beat axes, axes beat spears, spears beat swords

What about maces

Beat them at what? Also Spears are Finesse weapons, so they're not really relevant to what I'm asking.

Her ability probably makes her best suited for the job even.

I'm thinking of doing a turtle party for fun.

Maxed geo/Maxed hydro for armor regen, one guy with guardian angel, leadership, hear of steel and deflecting, and one archer.

where does the fun come in?

How do I get access to all of the traders in Fort Joy? A bunch of them are just dickheads that refuse to trade with me and I don't know why