Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU (what's out so far): a.pomfe.co/bredbmk.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV released October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Just started EOU1 story mode, why is le millenom girl such a bitch

Etriam Odyssey

>new thread exactly at bump limit

1000 without sex

You would be too if you didn't have any dicky in 1000 years.

Is wraith dance based off MATK? What about grave?

Im stuck in floor 3 of EO5. I tipped over a golem but cant find the door it opened.

Make a team for me, because I can't decide shit.

theyre always in a straight line from each other

/sqg/ - Etriam Odyssey General

lmao5necro

5 evade fencers

kill yourself

She just want your love and dick

>Star Devourer without a Brouni in the party
Is this shit even possible or am I doomed to be anally raped by Full Burst until I raise a potato?

Just destroy one of the parts.
He does that only when he's complete.

Hoplite deserves counter guard in EO3U

You can just land ailments on him instead
Black Mist Tombstone Vice fucks him over for a real long time and then you can just throw Chain Ass at him once he gets out of that

Wow, rude.

I hate the zodiac girls portraits. They're so weird.

choose your next words real carefully boi

Yeah, worst mage class to date.

all the zodiacs look like tubes. and theire wings are ridiculous

No.
No.

delete this filth

Shit taste, but I blame the wings.

Hoplite pls

Portrait DLC of previous game NPCs when?

>Chain Fencer is better as a Therian because higher strength
>Dodge Fencer is better as a Therian because agility factors twice as much into evasion as luck does
Nene's out of a job

>hating on magic fin funnels

i was actually looking for sauce so no

>this fucking conversation again
you're wrong because you're looking at a very tiny upside and ignoring a very large downside

fuck undead cuck

Try this.

Earthlain Chain Fencer has an easier time surviving which can be helpful.

For dodge Fencer Earthlain LUC is so much higher that their 2*AGI+LUC is about the same before racial passives.
Therian have one AGI passive more and a +30 evade passive (which is not a lot).

On the other hand Earthlain are less likely to get locked down by ailments with their massive LUC - and ailments kill the dodge Fencer.

I'd say only for Impact Pugilist is a Therian a straight upgrade since they are on the verge of dying anyways.

Does Zodiacs have wings so they can be closer to the stars?

ok

Warlocks are too paper cannon. I guess I could make a whole back row with them and two fencers in front. Anytime theres physical AOE my warlocks just die and theyre slow as shit.

>Picking high AGI for low LUC and VIT
So you want to survive nothing while attacking and being a co-tank?

I want to meme enemies with a Chain Killer party for a bit. Fencer, Harbinger and Smoke Botanist are a must but do I want an Earthlain Botanist to inflict ailments themselves or keep it Brouni to soften up enemies ailment resistance then let the Harbinger apply the ailments?

celestrian for smoke
you get more luck than a brony but still usable tp pools

So now that petrify can wear off in V and doesn't immediately remove monsters from a battle, do you still game over if your whole party is petrified?

nope

with smoke boost the tp costs are barely an issue for infliction as an earthlain
you do lose out on smoke bomb though

Been doing some Chain Killer myself and never realised the issues that Celestrian Botanist might cause till I was already trying it out. When my Botanist accidentally manages to land the Para on turn 1 I just roll with it and move on to trying to apply Panic turn 2 or just go standard freeze chaining (Frigid Reap/Ice Peck).

One issue is that I really wish my Botanist could smoke turn 2 before my Harbinger acted. I've been strongly considering not maxing Miasma Armour on her but it sounds like a bad idea too.

So yeah Brouni Smokebot might actually be the way to go for Chain Killer.

upgrade armor
reduce enemy's damage
party wide defense buffs
dragoon can do the latter and even line guard frontline warlocks using clever strike
reaper has ice, masurao and pugilist have elec, masurao can use any element on counter with shaman support, necro can run fire and ice and stone an enemy for a number of turns

For EO II do I NEED a Protector to do every Post-Game boss or can I just use Mists and Dark Hunter+Gunner+Hexer?
Is there any class that is NEEDED to do any post-game content?

Okay cool, that makes me a lot less worried about those acorns.

so half of the series is on DS, what if I just want to play 3DS games? should I just buckle down and play the DS ones or is there a good starting point for just the 3DS games?

2/3 of the DS games have remakes on 3DS.

you can just axcela spam the gunner's burst and constantly skip everything's turn

It's recommended for surviving the breath attacks of the dragons.
I don't think you really need one for Briareus since he's non-elemental, but then again, it might be useful to have someone who can actually survive his hits.
It's been a long time since I played 2, but I don't remember getting much value out of my Protector in the sixth stratum outside of Smite spam.

>woman
>snotty brat
>shitty name
>frozen for millenom to be an onahole for some dirty barbarian from medieval
is this really not obvious

The stories are not connected so any starting point is fine.

EOIV is the easiest but it's also fairly different from the other games with an overworld and many small dungeons instead of one big one.
So maybe easier to get into but not all that representative of the series.

EOU and EO2U are remakes of EO1 and EOII from the DS - although they are remade pretty much from the ground up.
In classic mode you get the same story in story mode you have a fixed party and way, way more dialogue of varying quality.

EOV is back to basic - one 30 floor dungeon, not much story, no side dungeon, sea map or overworld.

wow why is V so much less?

because all the stuff 4 added was kuso

>Dark Hunter+Gunner+Hexer
That works against almost everything.
Almost.

There is one enemy that is immune to stun and goes apeshit if you bind it.
But besides this, Gunner Force + Dark Hunter Force will buy you a lot of time to melt bosses with Revenge.

Every turn though?
Do I just have 3 party members shove Axcelas in the gunners mouth while the Ronin/Hexer Midarebas/Revenges autistically at the boss?
Will that really be enough? Will I even have enough inventory space for that many Axcelas?

If its just for the dragons wouldn't the respective elemental Mist be enough?

Because all of these things except story made the game worse

it's bigger than iv

We literally had this fucking discussion like an hour back, there's exactly zero actual reason to play original games which have untolds

Maybe? The damage is pretty extreme, so I don't know if it'll be enough.
Actually, give me a few minutes. I'll go experiment.

that was decided to be wrong in that same discussion, try to keep up

Fuck off already

I'd not say it's really less than IV - the overworld resulted in the dungeons being way smaller so there was less meat to the exploration.

And as for the Untolds, many of the mechanics, enemies and bosses were already thought of and prepared, they just had to be rebalanced. In EOV they did a lot of new stuff.
Also some maps in EO2U were pretty small, leaving half of the space just empty.

the extra stuff in 4 didn't mean much
The smaller caves were about 1/9th the size of a proper floor and the overworld maps were essentially the same as one floor of the dungeon, but with no encounters, shortcuts, puzzles and less FOE's
In exchange they removed 14 floors of the main dungeon

Im making a canon Dragoon but outside of Cannon Mastery what other skills should I focus on?

How about you do that instead, your nostalgiafag whining in not an argument

Never focus on Masteries.
Masteries are things you take if you have nothing else to go for - they are weak passives that don't turn skill points into much power.

If you want to go defensively get Turrets and Gun Support, if you want to go offensively get Gun Revenge, Buster Cannon and Prep Artillery.
In any case you should get Line Guard 10, Mana Guard 10 and Gun Mount 4 - eventually. Don't rush for the higher ranks too fast since the TP costs ramp up.

>canon dragoon
You mean this guy?

>refined the subclassing system
>best forging system
>overworld was great
>mini dungeons were a good addition
What's the issue again?

literally all four of those are wrong

cannon dragoons can definitely focus on them because there aren't many skills that are core for them, especially if they're all about big numbers

>refined the subclassing system
This is the only true point in your list and they even messed that up with Blood Surge.

play IV U1 U2 V in that order

t. 3baby

ok cool well I went ahead and bought U1 so I'll be balls deep in this series soon enough

should have gone with release order

When I tried against Dragon I used an Evil Mist (all elemental defense up) but I think that one is weaker for any single element, that and my team was only level 68-69, not retired, and were still using stratum 5 armor and weapons.

Oh? is that a FOE, Boss or normal enemy?

Those are some ugly pants

Why he loves potatoes?

Oh I should mention the Dragon one-shot my team with 0-point when using the Evil Mist. Dont know if ice/elemental resist accessories stack with Mists.

but it's the remake of the first game... I want to play the first game

make another thread on /v/ so you can get destroyed again by me, i dare you

Wow, it's been way too long since I last played. Apparently I did some retiring and now I have five Midareba Ronins with varying levels between from 71 to 73.
Used Evil Mist and All Mist. Thought I also brought a Volt Mist but I guess not. With both Evil and All, my Ronins are barely surviving Dragon's breath attack, so I suppose it's not impossible, but I think it's going to be rough trying to do it without being able to negate the attack.

>visiting /v/
No wonder with cancer like you this place is now so shitpost ridden, this containment board was made fore a reason.

Isn't the ice one Drake?
But you bring up a good point, 0-Point has the instakill chance and from what I remember, you can only get around that with level 5 Anti-Ice.

So I got the USA undub CIA and I cannot scan any qr code. Anyone else with this problem? can it be that I haven't updated the 3ds in eons?

>she's winking

I saw the hair shading as a pupil and thought she had a severe case of derp.

I don't understand this

*Drake

Yeah meant Drake. I think one of his aoe attacks is also Stab so a Stab Mist might help more. Dunno if the different Mists resists stack though (All Mist+Evil Mist + Ice Mist).

I guess Ill try upgrading all my armor and giving it aother go..

A classic case of dumb slut messing with people doing actual work

Decided to keep going just to see how it would end.
Dragon used Curse and ate all the Mist buffs.
RIP Midareba spam team. 0/10 would not suggest going without Protector.

from what i can read, she's asking the rover for directions, he says wait up and checks the map, but she gets impatient and inadvertently shoves her tits in his face to get at the map, u get the rest

Has anyone done a dump of the party member voice clips from EO5? There are some hilarious ones in there I'd like to have one-off files of.

UNLEASH TH-READY BASTARDS?