youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ

>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Chaos concert
youtube.com/watch?v=gDfjry8-t24

>Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue side-scroller for PC released as free download
gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-megami-tensei-synchronicity-prologue-side-scroller-pc-released-free-download
English translation
dropbox.com/s/xq0ear1r0cvq40h/Synchronicity Prologue English V1.zip?dl=0

>Strange Journey Redux Files including cutscenes, portraits, sprites and soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!l0lwXbrD!k4nTlSzKp86s8qrwt1Wf1A

Shin Megami Tensei IV/IVA portraits, sprites and textures:
mega.nz/#F!UltjlITb!PnGEcWYkxv_n8u0vJQvhFg

>Memorial Arrange Tracks album, fully named and tagged:
mega.nz/#!Qt0V2aYY!AGD6ECNHOkNcGNSKjEhoT0KLvYEWhW2F_0508GNB36o

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread: >>

Other urls found in this thread:

spwiki.net/deep-strangejourney/wikis/36.html
bato.to/comic/_/comics/komi-san-wa-komyusho-desu-r16617
gamefaqs.com/ds/961651-shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey/faqs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

previous thread

spwiki.net/deep-strangejourney/wikis/36.html

Some wiki's are up. Though they haven't updated with the new DSJ elements yet.

That page is for the new demon passwords so far.

Daily reminder that SMT is fujo clay.

Chaos is the correct path

Adam and Tadano are the best protagonists.

Fug, was going to do a Raidou OP, we haven't had one in a while.

Shouldn't Tadano be shacking up with Komi-san?

So is sj really connected to smt 4? Im kinda new to smt

>Komi-san
Maybe I haven't played enough SMT but I don't know who that is.

>Memorial Arrange Tracks album
this is all six discs?

no

bato.to/comic/_/comics/komi-san-wa-komyusho-desu-r16617
Protagonist is also named "Tadano-kun", hence the reference.

>the reason why Yamai joined ATLUS because he was in a band back as a teenager and liked how ATLUS are punks

So now that they've got more of a presence in DSJ and it's presumably debunked the "It's just three of the Archangels" theory, who are the Three Wise Men meant to be?

The three wise men who traveled to meet Jesus during the nativity? That's who I always assumed they were.

SMTxDeath Grips when

Oh, the SMT ones are literally meant to be the Three Wise Men?

That's what I assumed. It was the first thing that came to mind and nothing really convinced me otherwise.

>le alternative funny basketball american music

In other words,

Did Tadano really fuck lucifer?

>all these people calling him Tadano
I think giving him a name ruins the ambiguity of him. Atlus wanted to focus on the Western market with Strange Journey, that's why you have things such as a setting outside Tokyo and a cast made up of non Japanese characters. Kaneko designed him to look neither exactly Japanese (hence the blue eyes) or American, which I think makes him unique. Honestly I would prefer him just being like Demi-fiend and having a canon title but not not a canon name. "Space Marine" or "Doomguy" as a fan nickname is good enough and already known.
I think may be correct, or at least that's what I thought they were referencing at least. They are actually a boss in DSJ so maybe it'll reveal some info on them.

Lawfags and chaosniggers need to hang from trees

Where did that name came from

Looking at the new sub apps. Many are very useful.

Some picks.

CO-OP Reinforce R - Demon CO-OP still occurs even if you trigger it while the enemy dies from a weakness hit.

CO-OP Reinforce C - Demo CO-OP can now occur on a critical hit

CO-OP Reinforce W - Ignore alignment rules when using Demon CO-OP

Death March - The game does not end in a Game Over even if the protagonist dies or is petrified

Bite the Bullet - Endure effect on this turn

Devil Squeezer - Increase the chance of getting the demon source from a demon that has already produced one

Marco Polo - You can identify secret doors and locked doors without looking through them

Promotion - Luster Candy effect

Quick Attack - Everyone can attack before the enemy does in the next turn

As of now we really don't know.

But I guess enough people wanted that.

>Death March - The game does not end in a Game Over even if the protagonist dies or is petrified

>coop still triggers if the weakness hit kills it
For what purpose? Marco Polo is very welcome though.

...Whatever that means.

>Ignore alignment rules when using Demon CO-OP
yo

I like the fact that he really was a space marine after all.

His official name from the drama CD is Tadano.

In Japan they have what are known as "Drama CDs" which are like sound only retelling of games or animes and such.

Shin Megami Tensei has quite a couple of these, most people know the one for Nocturne where they made a original story about some guy becoming a edgelord since Demi-fiend cucks him out of Chiaki.

In the Strange Journey drama cd they gave the protagonist the name "Tadano Hitonari" which is pun as that translates to something like "just a normal guy". Being the closest thing to a "canon" name people use this name.

I know what a drama cd is but I had no idea SJ had one.
Was it just released with the remake or is it old
Is it translated?

Drama CDs aren't official user. The Nocturne one gave Demi-fiend the name "Shin Managi" but you don't hear anyone use that. It's cool if you use that name but Atlus has never actuall refereed to him with that name.

>petrified
oh boy, the status ailment everyone loves

*comes from

>tfw you'll never unsee the spelling error in that pic

>Drama CDs aren't official
It is for Strange Journey. Also during development for Strange Journey, the name they used that Famitsu has screencaps of interviewing Kaneko was also "Tadano" for him. Its from Atlus, so it can be used.
>you don't hear anyone use that
So what?

I don't believe any of them are translated sadly. Typically these can include multiple hours of text and being sound only makes them annoying to translate. I believe they are on youtube if you understand moon. I wouldn't be too upset, I remember reading about the Nocturne one and it sounds like a clusterfuck. Not sure on the SJ one, there are some scenes I would have loved to hear voiced though.

>master1200
You dumb dumb.

if you call demi-fiend or doomguy/space marine anything else then you're a huge nerd and fuck you kid

I'VE EMBRACED THE DEMONIC

Ill call them fucbois

Source my man or I call bullshit.

>Source
Google. Also what's wrong with using Tadano considering the drama CDs are published and made by Atlus anyway? The English version has his name as Landen Algreen or something.

If anything i'd think doomguy would have a different name, after all you get to meet people from all over the world in SJ, the MC can as well be american. Tadano just doesn't fit, at least for me.
That makes me think, why are Flynn, Jonathan, Isabeau and Walter named like that? Aren't they supposed to be weebs?

>not calling him Moonguy

>SJ Protagonist
>fuckboi
>boi
He didn't kill fuckers across the globe as a Marine Corps bad-ass to be called a boy.

isn't his name a pun of sorts meaning "just a normal human" or something like that? like naming your hero as "Regular Dude".

Because everyone knows God is of a western denomination

Isn't doomguy canonically american in the english version?

Yes. But everything in Japanese can be written to have a double meaning with moonrunes anyways.
Japanese version is Japanese. International version is American. He's a JSDF soldier in the original game's story, and in the international version he's an American soldier from the USMC.

Getting nothing. Unless you can link me to any actual articles with him refereed to as such then his only canon "name" is just "Protagonist". Unless Atlus says otherwise fans will always call him Doomguy/Space Marine/Moon Guy.
See my explanation in I think Atlus said something like "He is whatever the player is" or such.

t.hanks user

Can we just take a while to think about how Doom Guy tore demons apart with just his trusty gun and his combat knife? He didn't need no demon whisper shit

>CO-OP Reinforce W - Ignore alignment rules when using Demon CO-OP
Literally mandatory

>implying his canon name isn't Langdon Alger

>"Tadano Hitonari" which is pun as that translates to something like "just a normal guy"
To be honest SMT1 did it first with Futsuo/Futsuko/Yoshio/Waruo

At work so no can do.

Those names are only used by Kaneko in the art book so I guess you can debate those. There are like three or four "official" names people argue for the SMTI characters.
Eh, post later user, I monitor these threads basically. Not trying to be argumentative, if you have actual proof then I would like to see it and admit you were correct.

New Equipment

Prototype Claymore - 19 Atk, 1 hit ALL - DLC

Nightlight Sword - 41 Atk, 1 hit ALL (Charm effect) - New Dungeon

Nas - 53 Atk, 1-2 hit Random (Paralyze effect) - New Dungeon

Brothers P - 22 Atk, 1 hit Single (Flame Shot/Ice Shot) - DLC

Glow Vest - 16 Def, No Resists (Greatly increases EXP earned in battles) - DLC

Biliken Vest - 16 Def, No Resists (Greatly increases Macca earned in battles) - DLC

Ring of Law Protection - Resist all ailments - New Dungeon

>DLC

They are the names explicitly referenced in names of the SMT4 characters, doesn't get more canon than that.
(Fu)tsuo - (Fu)rin
(Yo)shio - (Yo)natan
(Wa)ruo - (Wa)ruta

>DLC

Better then the radiant historia DLC
>make new art shit
>have people able to use old art
>charge actual money for people to use not shit art

When i grow up i am going to marry tadano!

So do we know who composed the new DSJ tracks? Is it Meguro or someone imitating Meguro's style?

Who?

>DLC
Preorder cancelled

All of it is disc-locked too, or rather, cart-locked. I datamined the actual DLC files and it's just 17kb unlock keys, all the actual data is in the game files same as IV and IVA. Good news is that none of the DLC is relevant stuff. No DLC dungeons or demons. Just a bunch of cheat items and early game items.

Yeah Im just memeing this DLC is pretty good as in easy to completely ignore

New Skills

Phys

"Megamatic Shooting" - 10 MP (Morax LV 15, Demon Source Available) - " Attack two or more enemies with physical damage"

Air Dive - 15 MP (Orcus LV 33, Demon Source Available) - Heavy phys damage on all enemies

"Circle Scoring" - 10 MP (Orcus LV 33, Demon Source Available) - Heavy phys damage on one enemy with HP Drain effect

Asura - 20 MP (Asura LV 42, Demon Source Available) - Heavy phys damage on all enemies

Fire

"Darkness of the Extreme Flames" - 16 MP - (Asura LV 42, Demon Source Available) - 2-4 hits of Severe Fire damage to random enemies

Ice

Mother Earth - 35 MP - (Tiamat LV 63, Demon Source Available) - Heavy Ice damage to an enemy with HP Drain effect

Meguro and Konishi

SJ.wad guy, are you here? Some suggestion from me, you should make the corridors mostly tight like in SJ to replicate the dungeon crawler feel. Also you could just recreate the SJ maps using the maps posted here: gamefaqs.com/ds/961651-shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey/faqs
Antlia's 1st floor would probably be a good starting point.
With all theripped DSJ assets you should in theory have all you need.
If you want, I could rip the UI files for you as well so you could play with them and replace the Doom UI.

are you autistic

Also instead of using high-res artworks from wiki, I suggest using the ingame sprites so the art is actually consistent and more Doom-like.

I am trying to imagine Eridanus with all the pitfalls, warp locators, slides, and dimension jumps in first person and it boggles my mind.

>Konishi
Who? Also not that I don't want to believe you, but do you actually have source on Konishi doing DSJ stuff?

And there's also the IV and IVA sprites if you need more demons or something, they are in the OP.

Honestly it would make for a unique experience.

Probably to some degree.

Why do you ask? All I did was ask that guy for a source.

because you are more autistic than Ryan from Jack's Squad and I want to kick his ass

>Brothers P - 22 Atk, 1 hit Single (Flame Shot/Ice Shot)
synchronicity 2 when??????

>more autistic than Ryan from Jack's Squad and I want to kick his ass
I think you might be more autistic user.

Why is this nigger prominent in both P5 and now DSJ?

No, you are.

Mitra has always been *prominent" in SMT games.

What? He's been a major demon/character in Nocturne as well even before Strange Journey. Also anyone listening to the new audio tracks/BGM files for the SJ remake? Some of them are pretty fucking good.

I know, but why?
Boss in MT2, Boss in Nocturne, Boss in Imagine, Boss in SJ, Boss in P5.

Mitra was a boss in P5? I remember it being a regular enemy in the space station level. Maybe it was one of the minibosses in Mementos.

Why did you say "now DSJ"? He was one of the main Tyrants in SJ to begin with.