RESUME LIE

Have you ever lied on your resume? And if so, what kind of "lie" is easy to get by?

Do you recommend it?

I'm thinking about putting some "freelance graphic design work" on my resume, since I pretty good at Photoshop/Illustrater for a sales position. What do you guys think?

They will most likely ask for a portfolio. You could make one with your best work and it wouldn't be that bad of a lie.

I lie about how I worked for a company for a total of 3 years.

On the real though, I worked for them for 19 months then came back again for another 6 months.

/devilish/

I lied a lot on my application for my PA school

basically doubled my HCE hours and forged a letter of rec from my university's pre-health advisor

i've never lied about places I've worked but I've exaggerated the time I was there for and added a bunch of workshops and other events I had both held and attended. if you're going to lie make sure you can properly back it up with some bullshit.

Depends on what you mean. I have a company on my resume that I quit without proper notice (literally one Monday morning I decided I just couldn't do it anymore and didn't show up since I have a good savings account).

In interviews I don't disclose that I did a no show, but technically I'm not lying.

For my current job I applied saying I graduated in 2016, since that'd mean I finished my degree in 3 years -- which by the way the specifically asked about this and I lied to their face. They were visibly impressed. The reality of it is, I only technically finished university in December 2016, but I actually graduate in June 2017 and receive that stupid piece of paper that is my BA degree.

I guess in a sense I did finish my classes before 2017 so I'm not necessarily lying -- it's kind of a gray area.

I lied about having a degree, then when they finally asked to see it I said I can only produce a copy of it, and forged it in MS Paint. Then I went to a copy shop or whatever those places are called, because I dont have a printer, printed out my forged degree, scanned it, printed it out again, tweaked some settings and printed it out again and scanned. I did it because otherwise the parts I changed in MS Paint were too neat and clean. Felt truly like a god when I walked out that copy shop. Made me wonder how easy it probably is to bullshit your way through life, and how much easier it was in past.

>this at stake
>not pirating photoshop to do a professional job
Nigger what are you doing

> Nigger what are you doing
just being myself

French: excellent.

I claimed I was a waiter for a year when I was actually a busboy for about 3 months. The restaurant shut down now so why not.

I also just didn't list my GPA because it was shit, and my employer never asked so that worked out

it's hilarious how the place you work at is so shitty they never even bothered asking for an official transcript

they did, but I said it would take time for me to request it etc. etc. as I dont have a copy or original, because I studied abroad. so I asked if they just want the degree. and after that nobody gave a fuck anymore.

obviously I wouldn't try to pull this shit off at some big boy company.

thanks for all the tips guys, i think im going to be a bit /devilish/ after all.

I didn't get my first job until 30

You bet I lied on it. I had 4 freelance gigs and used myself as reference

The truth was I spent 12 years on anime, mmos and jacking off

Same.

I switched studies twice.
My resume says I switched studies once.

I studied for 7 years.
My resume says i did it in 4.

I never had a job.
My resume says I worked at a supermarket.

At least, that's what I wrote down when I started.

Now I just left my entire backstory out. And just write down more recent things.

Woaah lol people lie all the time on their resume but forging a letter tht tales balls did thy ever say anything or were suspicious? Did u get in?

this is when you tell them your previous contracts are confidential and you'd have to get a client's written permission to show it to another potential employer.

can i ask what degree was it?

Yeah, said I went to college/had a degree. Didn't get caught. Had to bullshit in interviews about attending a party school and getting a 3.6 though. Kind of weird.