/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1024 - Insects edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OuSSXOQ-1bI
youtube.com/watch?v=g9s5zEwPvoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*unzips chilidog*

Quick anons. SEGA just told me that they're making another (COUGH) developer to work on the next 3D Sonic game with a AAA budget.

Was it EA, Nintendo, Platinum, Sony, Wayforward, Activision, Blizzard, Bethsheda, Valve, Bandai Namco, Square Enix or Capcom?

And why?

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

>burning soup
Well, at least Blaze won't be lonely anymore.

Infinite is cute!

That's only if the percent counter applies to oceans though. If it applies only to land masses then I'm sure Eggman controls a smaller amount of land than that.

Do anons who seen the leak like Infinite?

So Infinite is an intentionally shitty villain right? he just strokes his own ego the entire time then fucks off.

unironically
>unlockable costumes for campaign mode
>dlc for costumes from every game
>fans can send in designs
>jiggle physics for rouge gameplay
>panty shots galore
>if they fuck up then they'll release a fixed version

He could have been a good villain but they fucking took the sequel bait route and just had him disappear so he could appear in future games.

He doesn't fuck off, he gets absorbed by Eggman's tower, effectively killing him off.

Can I hug him?

I like Infinite. Much more than some other characters like Silver, Amy and Tails.

We don't know the whole story. There's a chance he LET them beat him, going by what I saw in the cutscenes.

I wanna hug Infinite. He needs hugs.

he's literally a tool designed by eggman
for him to have a personality other than what he's got would be a design flaw

though hopefully he can come back later on and possibly pull a Shadow. seriously they've got a lot in common, even their creator's bloodline

True

So did Sonic Blanco appear in Forces?

He's already pretty flawed with letting Buddy get away with the prototype ruby and letting Sonic live.

Platinum

They've got a great handle on making arcade-styled action games.

Where does Sonic go from here?

>And Cream and Amy grows up and get chased by SJW's for their fanservice.
Clothing damage in gameplay.
>A T rating that makes Shadow the Hedgehog look like a educational game.
>Visible blood.
>A censored in America only breast slider in the CaC.

Whatever it is, it can't be an adventure style game, just to piss adventurefags off.

>thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=OuSSXOQ-1bI

I wouldn't put him in my top 5 (although my fave five are the main characters), but Infinite is pretty great. Great theme, awesome voice, neat look & what we've seen of his character is pretty fun. It's unlikely we'll see him again, but I kinda hope we do.

Who knows, but I'd like to see them try & merge the Adventure (Sonic) & Boost gameplay style together.

The leather club

He goes fast

I N S E C T S

I wanna see Infinite again too. He has potential.

Up, down and all-around

Cute kitty.

>Who knows, but I'd like to see them try & merge the Adventure (Sonic) & Boost gameplay style together.
Sonic 06 Part 2

Hey anons, what if the Freedom Planet team was given the chance to make a triple A Modern Sonic game. They already made a competitor to Sonic Mania.

>Sonic made by Platinum

The amount of insane shit would be staggering if they went all out.

not even super appeared anywhere
or any mention of the chaos emeralds for that matter
im guessing its a red ring reward

but relatedly i hope there's more wispons than the ones i've seen
-burst
-lightning
-cube
-asteroid
-void
-hover
-drill

Hope it's ok if I post my drawing of rat hoodies ITT

There's at least 30 if the achievements are anything to go by.

No, delete that!

Just kidding, it's very cute

>I'd like to see them try & merge the Adventure (Sonic) & Boost gameplay style together
youtube.com/watch?v=g9s5zEwPvoM

Sonic and the Black Knight with gameplay from Metal Gear Rising. Live and Learn blasting in the background as you fight Metal Sonic sword to sword combat.

user...I-I

If you want a serious answer, there's a timeline split now.

Classic Sonic never becomes Modern in one timeline, so they can continue to make more 2D games with him.

Modern Sonic is... Modern Sonic, so they can continue to do what they normally do with him.

OR here, good job!

Gross.

If you're still taking requests user can you do Bunnie as Axel from Streets of Rage?

i think thats because there's multiple options for the same wispon, with the differences being certain buffs and quirks
its sort of like kid icarus uprising's weapon system if that makes sense

Nice picture user
Too bad Rouge confirmed to lurk the robodick in forces

So did they fuck

Next game is about Amy getting jealous of Sonic spending time with everyone but her.

the old design was better

Posting a random pic from my homo folder before I go to sleep. Good night.

If you make a female Avatar, there's an extra scene where they have sex.

Is Shadow a virgin?

I can't believe Infinite is fucking dead

If he's popular enough, we'll see him again.

1 word opinions leave a lot to imagine. Still has a better story than Mania and an actual torture scene.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Good night!

yall saw these right

>Still has a better story than Mania
>SUSHI :DDDDD
>Better than Mania
Fuck me, I pirated that shitheap of a game and I still want my money back

he was saving his virginity for Maria

cute

yeah

>torture scene
damn. guess I can't do that for my sonic clone

Fixed my fuckup before calling it a night

Thank you. Night mate!

His virginity was taken by Professor Gerald

FLAT CAT

So for real, are you buying Forces?

Yes. It looks like fun if underwhelming and anticlimatic. But hey, I've been a Sonic fan for over twenty years so that's nothing new.

I'm saving my money.

Thanks guys
Shit, I should have drawn Rouge in an Omega hoodie clearly.

Shadow is pure.

I was really excited for Freedom Planet but the levels felt really long to me and just kind of boring in general. Also the voice acting was really bad to me, it would have been way better without it imo.

Where is that picture of the three Sonics where one has Soap shoes and is >autistic screeching when I need it?

Love this

Pirating, Sonic Team doesn't deserve my money for this low effort game but I do want to have fun making a cute female hedgehog OC.

And second version because why the heck not? At least Antoine will get a decent dinner later. He's gonna eat da rabbit

I'll try to make that

das cute. anyone else got sonic girls in character hoodies? I know there's more. is there a term for it?

not til there's a good titty mod

Yes.

Depends on if there's super sonic

Thats a free 40$ save right there
So guys , who was in the wrong?
ST for making a spin off sonic game or Sega for forcing them to make a mainline Sonic game?

isn't it $20 off? sure why not

Aw oops I meant to quote not sorry.

Thanks! I'm afraid I don't but I'm sure others will. It's a cute idea, I kinda wanna draw it again.

_____Yeah. It looks _fun.

Day 1

>Sonic made by the Freedom Planet team, Sonic Liberation
>Play as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles
>They choose a lousy engine that they give a hard time to update with patches
>Take development time at a snails pace
>Don't hire a voice director
>Plan playable Amy and Shadow dlc
>Amy is stuck in a beta branch and Shadow is never released
>Ditch it and announce Sonic Liberation 2
But hey at least the boss battles will be fun.

Sonic Team, no question.

Yeah. The game looks fun, has a cool soundtrack awesome visuals, & I'll have a fun time with the story and gameplay (disappointing ending aside).

SEGA for putting a group of newcomers on a new Sonic game that's supposed to be their big Sonic title of the year.

>$40
Yes.

I probably will, but not right away. I want character mods.

What are they saying?

oh totally
though i am disappointed that it's only worth $40

Just stick with classic mode, I don't remember there being much dialogue in that.

Whoever decided to put people that didn't really do level design in charge.

Imagine what this sloth's reply to you would be.

"You better buy two"

user, I said they had the budget of a triple A title. Christian Whitehead is on their team working on Freedom Planet 2. Sprite work and development is updated in demos and logs are posted on their forums. Voices and cutscenses are optional. And have you seen the Unity engine's capabilities in 3D fan projects?

Absolutely.

Remember the good old "Sunset heights is short because is the tutorial level" days?

user come back to reality, you're falling too deep into Dreamland.

huggu

Maybe that's what Sega and Sonic Team needs...

Maybe that's what we all need, dreamers.

quick question: how many of you who're planning on getting forces have mario odyssey
cause im wondering if i should get the latter as well

WAKE UP

I'm still gonna get it.

If you like mario 64 or sunshine, then yeah get odyssey. I'm getting it.

I'm getting it and have Odyssey, I'll probably get Switch version first and PC during a sale.
If you like platformers then go for it since its probably the best 3D Mario game and has a shit ton to do in it.