/twg/ Total War General

Ass PRO edition

Mortal Empires is OUT:

Blood and Gore:
store.steampowered.com/app/594591

Grace making a skeleton outfit, Halloween Tomb Kangs promo confirmed?
twitter.com/graceblaise/status/924325458665230336

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/420520
artstation.com/artwork/9bayy
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1170629245
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Brainlet here, how do I 40 unit battles?

Is there even a worse lord in the game?
Kemmler with Krell is assuredly better

Who's ass is that

A hag's butt.

1st for Fantasy

What special mechanics should Gelt's subfaction gets once he gets his own start point?

Reposting because last thread is dead
Favorite Unit in each Total war you have played?
>warhammer 2
War Hydra
>warhammer 1
BLOOD KNIGHTS
>Attila
Hunnic Devil Archers
>Rome 2
Companion Cavalry
>Napoleon
Old Guard
>shogun 2
Is there a difference between units?
>Medieval 2
Bombards

user, I...

Unit size on options. Set to ultra (Im talking about fighters in a single unit).
To get more than 20 units in the field you need to attack with another army nearby.

Kroq'gars start in ME is incredibly slow. Save me.

Pause occasionally

They'll give him one eventually.

Are you joking?

In the campaign, he's retarded overpowered. You end up with stacks of nothing but 60+ weapons strength flagellants with 50+ charge bonus raping everything for days.

still, I've got an empty backlog. Hit me up

Relevant.

Same here lad, gonna go a Rollin'.

A diplomacy bonus towards the VC :^)

>WH2
Executioners
>WH1
Demigryphs
>Attila
Germanic axe dudes
>Rome 2
Cataphractoi
>Didn't play
>Shogun 2
Armstrong Guns or Samurai
>M2
Zwei Hander and Varangian Guard
>Rome
TRIARII

I finally hit the sea and got a port. I left the dwarves and lizardmen alive, and I just started killing undead instead of rats. I do finally feel like I'm getting somewhere, but I almost abandoned after killing the silver host. What a fuckin early game.

Sorry, I meant 40 units as in two full stacks fighting another two full stacks.
Yeah that's probably what I'm missing.

>tfw when you have to save Karaz-a-karak from vampires because stunties couldn't take care of themselves
ME is so much fun with high elves, playing as world police

>Drag my ally into a war
>Finally get peace
>Ally keeps trying to bring me back in the war

Fuk

How the fuck can vampire faggots set up base on the mountains? The other day some user also showed the dwarfs occupying shit in sylvania. Did anything changed?

>noble ally aids you in difficult times of war
>chicken out with your tail between your legs
>ally tries to get you to be a man for once

But blood knights are honorable, they won't stab you in or slaughter innocent villages

Nothing compares to the utter mediocrity of Helman Ghorst.

>mount: corpse cart

Couldn't think of anywhere else to bring this up. Has anyone here played this game?

steamcommunity.com/app/420520

>implying that the average blood knight has more in common with abhorash than say the red duke

They wont stab you in the back I mean to say they will definitely stab you

ME

>Steal all the enemy's gold
>Destroy their armies
>Leave two settlements left that are not habitable for you as a buffer between you and another enemy
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Im a little mad

in my campaign the vamps spreaded like wildfire, if I didn't dispatch 2 doomstacks to intervene, the whole old world would be full of bloodsuckers

So why are Questing Knights a higher tier unit than Grail Knights now?

>Wardancer's Feast Hall required to trade as WE
>no such building in my list
Either I'm fucking blind or there's something weird going on

Am I chivalrousness enough?

ME
also that was a siege relieving

Warshrine of Sigmar gives better bonuses, on top of actually being usable as a chariot, on top of not being replaceable with a standard unit.

Keep in mind Ghorst's army wide poison only effects speed, not the rest of the shit normal poison effects.

Who?

>be CEO of Hag Graef Iron Works
>want to branch out to the old world
>everyone is rude and poor
what do? I have a backup plan in the form of a Corsair fleet to get volunteers

>“You have to remember I didn’t choose this. I would never have chosen this. It’s not my fault I have cloven hooves instead of feet, and it didn’t make me a bad person. It was you, you and your kind; you made me a bad person. You fear anything that’s different. My own village feared me once they found out, called me tainted by Chaos, drove me out of town with torches and pitchforks they did...."
> – Karl Schulman, Mutant, former schoolmaster of Dannenberg village

Beastmen are Veeky Forums incarnate

>that amount of cav
>chivalrous

Gimme something gud.

I cant get more on turn 5.

>Corvishish
Sad!

FUCK HELLCANNONS

ROLLIN'

>The game is about killing the chaos tainted, only chaos tainted should have a problem with it.

REEEEE

>TWW2
HE mage with that melee trait on a chariot
>TWW1
Hawk Riders
>Shogun 2
That one unit with a nagamaki

>Warhammer 1
Steamtanks
>Warhammer 2
Kroxigors

>History shit
Sorry m8, not a racist

>Click on Phoenix Guard
>Not a sound
CA cutting corners, I see...

>they literally dont give a fuck about the gods
>derived from expelled normal people
>unlike WoC that actually commits or skaven that derived from literal rats

Do you have all settlements in Athel Loren? IIRC every settlement has its own unique building for a council seat.
I think the settlement Argwylon starts with can build it.

Its been 150 turns since I've started to shave Dawi... I am now number one in power, they are number three and they still keep coming and coming... Holy fucking shit this is cancer. I will murder EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE SHITS

Is there a beastmen+goblin rogue army? Could have a few peasants from bretonnia as well. The ultimate outcast revolt.

>tfw warhammer total war got me hyped on warhamer fantasy, the lore, the characters and pretty much the entire setting.
>end times happen
>everyone dies
>whole world is destroyed
>only a big FUCK YOU BUY OUR NEW GAME remains
>age of sigmar happens

Feels really fuckin depressing

We ride!

That is a fine theme, but who the fuck would the leader be? lol.

Our lad Jaco's Hag Queen
artstation.com/artwork/9bayy

Quarrelers or Thunderers?

>trebuchets

No. Those are the tools of unchivilrous rogues.

Why are they the best faction?

Can someone give me the TL;DR of what age of Sigmar ever is?
Doesn't the world end after Gelt gets stabbed in the asshole by manlet? Why did the universe reset into one more marketable to kids?

10 Thunderers, 9 quarrelers

Mod to replace Tom's boybody Witch Elves with Based Jaco's Hag
>Witch Elf reskin (Death Hag)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1170629245

Gobbos are too coward and dont thrust others and peasants dont know better.

It must be Argwylon's settlement, as I already have the other two.

Here's the thing: He's not wrong

Humans were never finished. The Old Ones got halfway through our development, realized they'd forgotten the 'Resistant to Chaos' part, and just abandoned us as little more than monkeys, taking some of our data to make halflings and ogres.

It was only when the Polar Gates collapsed and Chaos washed over the world that most of humanity would actually start to resemble humanity.

While those furthest North and South were often twisted into Beastmen, those more centrally aligned enjoyed rapid mental and spiritual development. Khemri was especially lucky, since the mountains and vast plains blocked almost all the wildness of Chaos, preventing almost mutation at all from occurring, while still granting the full benefits of development. It's not for no reason that Khemri was the first true human civilization.

But at the same time, the fact remains: Humanity are the adopted children of Chaos. Abandoned by the Old Ones as failures, it was Chaos that touched our minds and souls, both raising us up and damning us all at once. The Beastmen are simply those who were utterly lost to Chaos, bereft of the Old One's cold artifice.

Reposting for new general:
For WH2 is there a good guide for campaign on what to build in towns and how to economy?

Im not that much of a shitlord. I just think its kinda funny that their entire faction is based on cast outs.

>you haven't abandoned me for some elven hussy, have you user?

>poon is cold and tits are coagulated from the inside

trash

It's different for every race, who are you looking for help with?

poor little dawi boy

I'd rather fuck something warmer.

Yep, you didn't age like a fine wine and your moles are just terrible.

Hmmm, can confirm there were some really heavy winds these last days, and I live way inland.

Haven't heard anything about any salmon farmers getting killed by the storm in the news tho.

How do you best make use of Cold One Chariots? I can get a few kills with them on the charge, but they always seem to get bogged down and end up frenzying.

>It's not for no reason that Khemri was the first true human civilization.
it's very likely that Caledor the Dragontamer is the cause of that actually. There are a few hints strewn across the 7th ed books about it. During the mop up before the Vortex, Caledor was leading an Army into the badlands where he met an army of dwarfs, the first interaction of the races I believe. All the while the first mention of gods from the Nehekarans is their sungod riding a flaming chariot (dragon perhaps?) and destroying demons or devils with fire, which would sound like Caledor blasting some demons from dragonback to me. Lets not forget that this was at the time when Cally D was setting up the Waystone networks, and Nehekaran Obilisks are very reminiscent of elven waystones in universe, while Asuryan has always been associated with pyramids.

I'm not saying that everything must come from the elves, but Caledor was basically creating structures and founding states left and right in his time, wouldn't be too far fetched that if he found a batch of uncorrupted humans he'd give them a push in the right direction

Ptra is a real entity though, in as much as something was providing power to his priests.

And the Nehekaran Deathgod was basically outright confirmed to be Morr.

The fuck? So... the greenskins can now just occupy elf/human settlements too or something?

Heavy micromanagement. Go for archers and lighter, unarmored units. Hit the ends of the lines, the center is usually too clumped. Also great for chasing down units to prevent them from returning.

SMoH vs BGoN, who wins?

Its mod faggotry and anons are fags using shameless hax.

First move as Mazdamundi on legendary? Can't take on the Skeggi head on turn one. Do I sit as far back as possible and try to get them to attack me while I recruit some skinks and then try to next turn break them?

When do Helves and Delves have kiddos? Do their genetics work like humans?

A significant amount of priestly magic in Warhammer is basically latent magic shaped by belief.

That said, much of the Human Pantheon is definitely real. Nagash outright ate Usirian/Morr in the End times, and Sigmar outright empowers champions during times of need, generally causing whatever unlucky sod is fighting them to shit bricks.

Are you just totally unaware of TW2 altogether?

>Anti-Infantry infantry vs Anti-Large infantry

Gee I wonder.

those stacking recruitment discounts are rather OP.

>16 gp for shielded saurus

I feel bad for faggots who don't use mods such fuckwits.

High Elves and Dark Elves are the exact same species.

Humans can't have children with Elves outside of Chaos fuckery. High Elves are highly valued as slaves in Norsca though. In the Wulfrik novel, it's noted that capturing a bunch of High Elf women would basically set Wulfrik's entire crew up to be wealthy men for their entire lives.

There are maybe three Half-elves in Warhammer lore, and they're all Daemon Princes, which should tell you exactly why that particular union is a terrifying thing that should not happen.

Out of the 4 giants, which is the best?
Or which one comes out on top in a showdown?

Norsca was even worse

>2gp for Marauder Champions with Great Weapons

I get asked to join wars against people. Am I able to see this faction's relation to me and me to them during that trade screen in AI's turn? I can't seem to figure it out.