Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/U2AD8UHK
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY
Rance X Character Roster:
www8.zippyshare.com/v/wnmC5LKL/file.html

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Winter 2017
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
Rance X - 23rd February 2018
Teaser: youtube.com/watch?v=CpMoCuxFIIY
youtube.com/watch?v=QSib3DrdAdA
Imgur with released information
imgur.com/a/GZLe8

RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

>Upcoming Events
Quiz Project
pastebin.com/v6kuqn4q

Veeky Forums League
Weekend starting December 1st

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14271902
strawpoll.me/14271913
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Happy Halloween Rance-sama!

But Dark Lords can´t get pregnant.

DHR 1.0.6 by the end of this thread
I'm still tweaking things a bit before I upload it.

Running changelog:
Implemented custom character
Fixed sound missing when earthquake hit one enemy
Peasants are capturable
Added affection bonuses to FFA
Added affection items to FFA
Added Tier 1 skill textbooks to FFA
Lowered peasant replenish cost to 1
Shimazu passive (women recruit for 1 neg, men recruit for 30 neg) now applies to Pencilcow
Get luck pokkuro when releasing prisoners in FFA

>Affection items
>Affection bonuses
Nice

Nice.

did Dark Rance and Rangi inherit the hyper weapon

Will it come with documentation so this can be copied to vanilla/Steve SR?
Are there any new characters or do we have to make those up ourselves?

Props for fixing the link user, good job

I wanted to give some Halloween appreciation Thread for the Drawfags, but oh well...

Next year for sure. Happy Halloween!

Badass.

FYI you can use the gitgud.io account I made for the quiz game as a pseudo-anonymous repo.

>official zeth front door
lol

Looks like new X style Magic(?) lost her cat-ears in the bottom-right panel.

You are a super hanny among hannies toufu. Good work looking forward to try it

Appreciate Magic right now

would go trick or treating with

Yep, its from the drawfags Halloween contest though (not mine in any way). Hopefully I might post one myself next December.

Until then,

Rouga > Rance

Oh fuck I get it now. Amazing.

She's cute. I like her forehead.

Done already two threads ago, we need new princessess to appreciate before their inevitable end/rape in Rance X.

Rouga has shit taste in women outside of Kunagi

All of the best girls were side characters like Kyouko or Koumi

Sae is a ninja and useless and that instantly makes her top 3

Hibiki Sanae has glasses and that puts her in high tier.

No

>After discussion with MangaGamer's in-house translator, Arunaru, fan project leader ArtresLayfon would announce the termination of the project before it could begin. In the announcement, ArtresLayfon offered the impression that their translation effort was "rendered obsolete" by the possibility of a future release.
>As of September 12, 2017, no further news regarding either official or fan translation of the game has been announced.
FUCK

Daiteikoku?

Well, we might be able to get a Halloween Thread up in time for it this year too. Depending if we get a blog post or Moomin posts another thing.

I know I had the perfect picture for a Halloween thread too.

Which project

not him and he's a dick for not just writing it down or attaching a picture

fuck you for making me search for it

I've never seen Lia dressed for Halloween.

Who did DHA draw in this picture?

DHA @dha_l Oct 28
ハロウィンということで……死んでてカボチャぽい色合いで仮装してくれそう……という条件で人選しました。 #ランスシリーズ版深夜のお絵かき一本勝負

Patton's mom and Ghost Suzume

Patton's mum

Patton's mother

It's Patton's dead mum.

why was Patton's dad such a failure

oh she's super cute.

Thanks user, glad it didnt take too long

Sad about the news. then again it´s gonna be released some time in the future

If they have Aru or Maria translating Daiteikoku, we'll have to wait even longer for Rance. Who's gonna translate it?

She is.

Official was a mistake.

There´s only one man left for the job

who gives a fuck about daiteikoku, you can play through a good part of the game with the partial and text hookers anyway and it's not like there's much important stuff people are missing out on.

People bitching about "oh no official stuff is killing off fan projects" must not know how licensing works

Man, how would you actually feel if Ludo ended up translating Daiteikoku officially?

Well user I don't care about Daiteikoku and agree with you that it's more than translated enough, having played it with text hookers myself.

But what do you mean about how licensing works and fan projects?

Once Alicesoft shit gets officially licensed Mangagamer can't afford to let fan translations exist

Let us cross our fingers then

You can play through anything with a text hooker, how is that even relevant? A third isn't exactly a lot.

How does MG even get in touch with fantranslators? what, do they post their DMCA as a reply to a thread on Veeky Forums after filling in a CAPTCHA?

He didn't shower people close to him in his manly love and affection so they all fell prey to some shady characters' dark manipulations which in turn led to the country becoming even worse when it already wasn't perfectly hospitable.

Every Daiteikoku TL attempt was awful and doomed to fail or better off not existing anyway.

They probably have a lot of ways.

Lurking in IRC, contacting people's websites, etc.

I´ve read Dies Irae and it looked okay. He´s also a good guy overall.

Biggest issue would be the translation time

They don't have Aru or Maria translating Daiteikoku.

>a third isn't exactly a lot
It was enough for a good part of the first half of the game. Some socializing with crew member stuff wasn't really translated but a good majority of the story stuff was from what I recall. The main focus of the series was taking territories/ship battles anyways.

The main reason fantranslations are dying is that anyone with the ability and time and the autism to translate may as well do it for money.

Please explain how licensing works

Goddammit user! Fuck you for making me laugh

But from what I remember to be said of the game descriptions, all this stuff in Daiteikoku is kind of static and there's not much if anything left to RNG. So you would think that character interactions become more important than that.

>what looks like 3 different artists in one picture
this triggers me

>reading google translations

why did they give CORE dicks again?

Pretty sure that both the trap and the red head are drawn by Min-NARAKEN.

It's not that hard, once someone has a license from a specific company, they have to shut down fan projects that have to do with it or risk having their licensing pulled or partnership get put in jeopardy. The only real exceptions would be for stuff that is fairly old and not sold anymore. (Like, Atlach-nacha would still be fair game technically? It really depends on how anal both companies are about that sort of thing.)

A good amount of the intro interactions are done from what I recall, most of the later events tend to not be important except for major characters, who you might not even get to on some routes or what conquering path you take.

>not having multiple programs plus dictionaries and other stuff to help assist in translating what you're reading
If someone is just using google translate, then yes, they're retarded.

That's not necessarily true. In some cases it can be advantageous to see if the translation quality is decent, then let them continue working on it before reaching out in an official capacity. That being said, if you have plans on releasing the game and the group intended to release partials or had shit quality, then you'd have an issue on your hands.

It's just an excuse to stop pretending that they were actually working on Daiteikoku. None of the projects for it actually went far and the only patch is just some machineTL.

My favorite girls were Kendo and Shizuri but Sae is the game's version of Kanami and Rouga actually takes his shirt off in her scenes so that makes her okay

Shhh, don't talk about it and nobody will notice.

I only noticed I forgot the cat ears after I posted it. The magic parts were done very quickly after the last panel was done

While it could have been any country for this joke, Galtia's insatiable appetite, Medusa already being a boogeyman for Zeth, and putting Mao in a Chun-li wig made the choice obvious. Medusa pointing at her bag as though Magic is the candy she's getting was an amusing image too.

I should probably stop drawing Medusa at some point and draw someone else.

Needless to say, I care, as almost none of the character events were done, and I'd like to own a physical copy I can read. However, while I would like to see it, I wouldn't take it over catching Rance up, or seeing other Alice offerings that are a better package.

I'd rather see Daiteikoku redone.

The same reason Satella gives her golems dicks.

Kanami if she was damaged goods, had boobs and was cuter

>cuter
No

>Sending her back instead of keeping cute new ninja for yourself.

She was raped in the past for other mistakes anyways so that really doesn't do anything other than spare her from you seeing her get raped

Hard to believe you can make someone cuter

why did the girls in rance suddenly gain pubic hair

I dunno but Kanami's bush is weird as fuck, it's like straddling her lips instead of above her pussy

I'm pretty sure you take her first time.

I don't think so. Rouga doesn't care about things like purity because he's considerate but I don't remember any signs of defloration.

I'm also 90% sure the ninjas mention they had raped her previously for fuck ups in that scene

At the very least, I appreciate it.

I don't. Remove it at once.

>ninjas mention they had raped her previously for fuck ups in that scene
Not him but, I'm also 90% sure they just used toys to punish her.

Welp I'm retarded, meant for

I haven't added any new characters.
No documentation, mostly because writing documentation means converting things to english. I mostly read the code by getting the gist of function names, and then finding it in Japanese.
I don't that much sense just now.

If anything, I'd just use my own private repo (I get free private repos with github since I'm a student)

Yikes, at some point I bumped the difficulty level up a bit (I think) and I'm getting my butt kicked as Leazus. I guess I was never actually good at this game....

Someone remind me again why they had to kill off Suzume?

She was already dying when they added her.

Her voice actor was being a cunt, so they had to let her go

Can Feliss still do wishes?
Can Rance wish her back?

I meant more in a meta sense. She's still one of my favorite characters to date, and it hurts that she's the main character for one game and then just basically gone like that.

To make Rance lose someone important to him which then causes him to get on better terms with Kanami and others because he can't depend on Suzume anymore

Suzume was too OP from a storytelling point of view, for example nobody stopped her from just assassinating everyone in Helman.

Meta sense was that she's too skilled and strong to be a permanent party member.

>Miracle exists

Miracle isn't going to do everything Rance tells her to do.

>Rouga has shit taste in women
No

>Another one-off fuck like the mummy girl instead of a heroine
eh

Is Medusa the best wingman?

I liked Sae, Senna, and Sanae but I wish that a lot of the girls that got raped in the game had an H-scene with Rouga.

When did Suzume get a voice actor?

Will he appear in X and make Sayori's life miserable again?

strawpoll.me/14271902

>not including Satella
Epic fail, user.

Whoops

strawpoll.me/14271913
strawpoll.me/14271913

I didn't really like his character. Does he have any events outside of Sayori and recruitment?