Touhou General #54

Classical Philosophy Edition

Previous Thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16!!!
mega.nz/#!Dt91QDDa!w7dlOkuBP8tYwRfI3clq3wvf3v7I3DLDUneUhOUTEOY

DEMO LINKS:
AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/LmjDC

>/2hug/ cup team suggestions sheet
goo dot gl/forms/Tazf2Pfqy7CGhKEw1

Touhou is a game despite sometimes we make it out to be otherwise

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_shipwrecks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So anons, who do you think is gonna be the three new characters in AoCF?.

Who cares? Doremy is already in the game. Does anyone have the new demo AOFC link?

You ask that like twice every thread, and the answer never changes.

This is my first time asking. But fuck man, why do you have to bring me down like that?

Everyone's on edge because the last two threads were shit and we've had an asshole ask the same question before shitposting the thread further.

Sorry, don't mean to dash your hopes. But we HAVE had that question a number of times in recent memory.

I'm sorry, it must get burried in all that meaningful lore discussions.

To add to my comment, why are you in a rush really? The demo only added Doremy, I'd rather wait until the full release to play her in her full glory. But that's just my subjective opinion.

I haven't played the old AoFC demo because I never care for any of those characters. But since they added Doremy, I want to play it now.

Why such an aggressive response? It almost sounds to me like you're actively trying to instigate shitposting.

Fair enough user, but I'd say wait until the full game comes out so Doremy's at her most complete state if you ask me, a lot could change between now and the release of the game.

We can't post meaningful Buddhist Taoist lore discussions anymore since some guys are only good at bitching about it but aren't capable of making new topic discussion.

We're really not gonna be much better bitching about them bitching. It's better to just forget about it and move on, talk about something else, like fucking memes if we have to.

It should be "Touhou General - /2hug/ - #54"

Not the worst fuck up we've had honestly.

I'm just pointing it out.

Sorry, must have overlooked it. No hugs this thread... Probably should've made it Halloween themed too, or we can do that if we burn through this thread like hot cakes

Aww fuck, better hope this thread goes by quick then.

We can always have a post-halloween thread

We could yeah, a bit of a sadly wasted opportunity though.

I don't care. It's not like it will magically make the entire thread go halloween-ish. But you reall did fuck up and you should feel bad about it. This is why no one loves you.

I didn't even make the thread guy.

That's not gonna change the fact that you're still a virgin

Hello Seija fag, been a while since I've seen you.

Not him

A lie befitting your waifu.

Words can hurt, ya know.

>he only have one waifu

>he has more than one waifu

>he hates harem

>he loves harem

>he doesn't know women outnumbered men in Gensokyo
>he wants less-popular 2hus to not get married and die as a virgin

harems are depressing

Die without marrying anybody is way more depressing

I completely disagree. No one is happy in a harem.

Bullshit. No one is happy being a leftover,

That's basically what harems are. All of them are leftovers except the very first girl.

which touhou song is the most sorrowful?

Do you even know what a harem is?

Satori's theme

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_shipwrecks
List of ships that Murasa sank

Quick question, who sealed Yuyuko?

Don't

That hip looks like it can bear a lot of children

Not in my harem.

That's unknown.

The only thing that defeats every female in the type of manga I read. The D.

That's insect reproduction for ya.

Insect doesn't have ass and pussy

I wish /jp/ wasn't so dead. I miss being able to talk about toehoes somewhere.

Just talk about toehoes here.

What is she going to grab.

She's just making cat noises.

Just lower your expectations as much as possible

Me.

Watch out she's terrible at hand jobs. Doesn't know how to play nice with the balls.

I've never played a touhou game. I'm afraid it would make me like the girls less.

Persuasion needle or homing amulet?

If anything, it would make you appreciate the girls more.
I hope you've read the printworks at the very least.

Needles every day. Spamulets suck.

But I don't like bullet hell games. It's just raw memorization and I'm bad at that.

Not as much as I should.

Disgusting
Play the games, start with EoSD and after the 8th game read SSiB. It has Remi as a main character.

Try the games, user. They won't make you dislike any of the girls.

I didn't like shmups either, but the genre grows on you as you play. Seriously, just download the game that stars your favourite 2hu and give it a spin, dude. You have nothing to lose but a few hours of your time.

>raw memorization
The fuck do you mean raw memorization? Most of the bullet patterns aren't static at all and the one who are static are randomized.

To be fair there are a few stages were memorizing where and when certain enemies come up makes your life much easier

Pretty much every shooter I've ever played has been raw memorization.

>Most of the bullet patterns aren't static at all and the one who are static are randomized.

Static randomization. Wut?

Playing something I dislike can make me hate everything involved.

I do like Remiu...

Most of them actually is, there was even a chart someone made with how much memorizing you need for some spells.

some are puzzles, some are random and some are good without needing to memorize if you can graze.
>I do like Remiu
Remilia is the loli vampire, Reimu is the red dress killer
I was saying disgusting because you said that you dont play the games on the 2hu videogame general...
Do you have the chart?

I can't like both? Well not saying I'm not disgusting...

Do we post halloween stuff like vampires now?

I don't remember where I saved it, but it was on imgur iirc, so it should be searchable.

I guess you can, but you should play the games to find the other 100 nice girls and see who you like the most

Is there anything scarier than an angry Hakurei miko? Reimu is quite possibly the scariest 2hu out there.

>Veeky Forums right now

Please only cute spooky 2hus.

I always thought her portrait seemed...off

>bad ending is harder to get than good ending

butt

I wonder how she died. People must have tied her to that anchor and throw her at the sea. Either Murasa is a bad girl or some pirates killed the poor girl.

Or maybe she died of scurvy, or maybe the ship got in a storm and she died with all of the crew. There's quite a lot of ways to die at the sea. Maybe she tried to start a mutiny?

Reimu is dumb! Dumb!!

>The spirit of a human who fell off a ship and drowned in the distant past; due to her lingering attachment to this world, she was bound to the ocean
Nah, she just fell off a ship, that's all. I kinda wish that anchor was not for show and somehow tied to her death. Oh well.

Oh shit, there are skeletons in my browser.

That's what I get for not caring about buddhists. that anchor is definitely not for show, considering how there's a very real chance it'll smack you in the face. UFO is kinda brutal with its unique bullets

Apparently Murasa's title in UFO is The Ghost Left From the Shipwreck Accident, so that makes things pretty clear.

That game does have beautiful danmaku and some of the themes are the best in the series.

>Native Faith is my favourite theme in all the games
>every single arrange/remix sucks dick

I meant that some of the danmaku is kinda rougher than usual, with the giant fists, the anchors, the giant diamonds(?) shooting bullets I guess lasers being pretty common counts too? At least from a gameplay perspective. Compare with SA which is harder but the weirder danmaku is heart-shaped bullets, "roses" (they sure don't look like it) and miniature suns. Which is also pretty weird but not as outlandish.

What? It's pretty smooth for me, then again I do use vsync patch. Murasa's diamond non-spell and spellcard are my favorite danmaku in the series. SA is definitely the better game but UFO danmaku are much more memorable to me. Not to mention Shou's curved lasers.

>heart-shaped bullets
Can't remember. Is this on Hard?

SA Extra is full of heart bullets.

>heart shaped bullets
Koishi says hi

I think "rough" was probably not the best word...I meant something along the lines of "more violent", but perhaps "cartoonish" fits better for those. The whole "lasers turn into bullets" thing is ingenious, definitely unexpected. Shou shoud probably appear more often, all things considered.
I legitimately got scared by Murasa's survival, it's pretty spooky. I thought she was gonna do something if she touched me.

native faith...I cant remember what theme that is

Well excuse me for haven't 1cc the game yet

That would be Suwako's theme

What are you waiting for?