/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳TGS Trailer 9/19: youtube.com/watch?v=xtT5GIViSXo
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K0IrmEtocWI
youtube.com/watch?v=1BAPTxZny1g
youtube.com/watch?v=KZk5JkkNnG4
youtube.com/watch?v=1jP0AR5xoqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can someone give me a good RGBA code for a dark skinned female skin color in gen? using save editor that is.

What penis lenght/vagina depth does a GS main have?

should i:
new save in 4u
new save in p3rd
or continue progress in one of these?

also, how active is hunsterverse, do we have people here that hunt there?

Never tried Hunsterverse, though I've hunted with several people over Hamachi

What weapon are you guys planing on maining on MHW?

GL

I'm still playing 4U. What is your progress there?
I have a save already done and another one in HR7.

Been learning Lance and having a good time so far. I started doing Evade Lancing, but found I enjoy playing Guard Lance more.
What are some good skills to use for Guard Lance? I'm playing MHXX right now.

i have a endgame save and a "lowrank endgame" save
however, i'm very out of practice, diving back into 4u endgame doesn't seem like it would go well.

> desert seltas can fly perfectly fine
> it digs to change areas
I love this

Yay I killed the thread!

good job idiot

Dont bully him like that.

Don't sexualize the monsters.

Dont sexualize the hunters

Sexualize ME!

Don't sexualize the felynes

Don't sexualize him.

will those CEMU faggots ever make MH3U playable?

Citra is making some decent progress apparently. Otherwise Cemu is essentially a BotW emulator

In general, monster transitions between areas in 4U are utter garbage. Most of them have just one spawn point and one patrol of three areas at best. Doesn't help the fact that 4U maps are not that good.

stfu 4U is the perfect MH game

*bounces your attack*

Why is there a random black hole in the sky when you fight fatalis

Thats where you go to after being beamed by Grandpa

Because it's cool, like it's cool to fight a boring classic dragon with attacks that do far too much damage for their animation.

Id rather have a superior classic dragon design than the shit in frontier

I just remembered something from when I tried Worldses the other day, you can switch Demon Mode with the DBs while moving. I dunno if that was already known generally, I've been keeping up and I didn't know it.

It's not perfect, it's the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=K0IrmEtocWI

not perfect yet but it wasn't even bootable some days ago

youtube.com/watch?v=1BAPTxZny1g

that flickering is annoying as hell

How's the online of MH3U? Friend is selling his WiiU for 80$ and might get just for MH.

>Tfw playing MHP3RD irl with a friend on our two computers over emulators and havin some bants while we eat pizza and hunt monsters together

very comfy...

A Wii U is plenty worth $80, there are a few good games on it. Also it's possible to get lobbies going online but it's of course going to take longer than the more recent ones.

Alright, better than an empty server I guess. He's also willing to throw in games for $5 each, what a bargain.

>selling your wiiu for $80 when BOTW runs the best on it
???

botw runs best on PC now

>Not finished with BotW yet
?????????????

I did, I sold my Wii U, my game, my TV, my house and my eyes.

He's a normie so he doesn't care about "muh goty fantasy gehms" and he got a PS4 recently so he's getting rid of a system he's not going to use.

It's not a GOTY or anything better.

>major dlc less than a month away
anyway who only ever plays a game once and never comes back to it, especially a good one

not wii u guy btw, I'm pc guy

>implying it isn't going to be
what do you think is going to win, Nier? lmao

Either way, his Wii U is just gathering dust in his cabinet, not that I would expect a guy who is only interested on shit like FIFA and CS:GO to have fun with it.

I know it's a shit year and Zelda are always overrated but BOTW was nothing more than a tech demo for the new engine.
Why the hell did he buy one?

>being this much of a hipster
gross, don't touch me nerd

Miss us yet?

Yes, always, forever. Apex was the best.

no

FFXV

>FFXV

>Why the hell did he buy one?
I don't know but I lost my shit when he said he fucking loved Wii Fit and every gaming console should have shit like this.

Apex was completely retarded and wystones were a complete waste of time as a mechanic

*uses drive*
*hits hardspot*

Utterly forgettable, I think like four people total enjoyed that game and two of those still remember it exists. It's such an honour to have one of those here today.

Hammerfag here. Trying to use Greatsword but the fact that I can't move while charging is fucking me up. How2getgud at the timing?

I also wanna use lances but I'm scared...

Yes

Greatsword is for niggers. Hammer is for niggas.

Lance is really easy but I personally find it incredibly boring. You don't have to fall for the evade lance meme if you don't want to, guard lance is fine too. You just poke poke poke dodge poke poke poke dodge, with guards instead of a couple of pokes where required.

I'm a bit disappointed Rajang is HR only in dos.

Move to the monster's side and start charging. Don't be afraid to release before you hit charge level 3, especially if you don't have focus yet. But make getting focus a priority.

Lance is fun as fuck especially in 4U, 4U lance is my favourite weapon. It plays completely differently from both hammer and gs though, it has a charge attack but you very rarely actually fully charge it on purpose. Bow is actually the weapon that is most similar to hammer.

IDK lance seems fun and satisfying. Hammer is cool (although now it's considered lower in the meta it's kinda turning me off a bit) and I'd use the hunting horn but I wouldn't be maximizing it's potential since I only fight with one guy using an emulator.

Greatsword seems cool user, just seems hard to master. Idk, all I've (mostly) used was hammer, greatsword (sometimes) and long sword when I need to cut shit off but I'm not really good at that and I just wanted something fun and new to cut tails off with.

my friend is a gunlancer and he thinks lances are boring and gaye but I think they're much more fun, personally

>You just poke poke poke dodge poke poke poke dodge, with guards instead of a couple of pokes where required.
Not really. This is what lance gameplay looks like when you aren't a brainlet
youtube.com/watch?v=KZk5JkkNnG4
Especially compared to GS it's incredibly deep and diverse, compared to hammer too.

Get Bayo2 friendo

Refresh thread!

For some reason people who like one always seem to think the other is boring and gay. I enjoy both I guess, but I definitely enjoy lance much, much more.

Happy halloween, bb

I wanna hug that squid

>squid will forever be trapped in spinoff hell

what is the most spooky monster?

yama

MAN

Lance is super easy to pick up. Getting insanely good at is hard.

>granny smith suddenly enlarged her hammer for crafting/upgrading

*teleports from a different quest*

>SnS
mah negro

>GS
Just knowing the monster. Focus also speeds up charging, ideal for general use.

>Lance
Easy to learn the controls. Guard lancing is easy though doesn't go too far, Evade lancing is generally better but is harder to learn. Beyond that, it's very easy to get tripped by other players.

Jokes on you, I sold it for a Bone Blade afterwards

Remember theres no focus nor critdraw in dos.

>I know it's a shit year
The fuck are you talking about?

Usual Blademaster skills
Guard +2
Guard Boost on some fights
Constitution +1 if you don't want to farm Dash Juice

>tfw no good horror games the entire year so didn't play anything during halloween

is evade lancing just objectively superior btw? I think guard lancing would be more fun

Fuck off, you literally only need Guard Boost for Gravios and Guard+2 is a waste, you can go for +1 and even nothing most of the time, the moves that would require G+2 can't be countered so it doesn't matter if you're knocked back.

>this year
horror has been dead for over a decade though?

It's nice not to eat a quarter of your health in chip damage against shit like Monoblos
You can tweak sets as required though, like I said with Guard Boost.

Both are fine. Evade tends to kill shit a bit faster if you're autistic about that sort of thing. I use both depending on the fight.

>kill a bit faster
of course it does if you make sets like this, fucking constitution, goddamnit

Guard Boost makes Zamtrios a lot easier
Especially G-Rank with the spinning laser. And Tigerstripe with the quicker startup laser.

"If you don't want to farm dash juice"
Please read whole sentences. Obviously get more usual Blademaster shit if you have plenty of Ludroth jizz to guzzle.

Halloween time!

youtube.com/watch?v=1jP0AR5xoqM

I know, I'm just reflecting this particular year.

For me it's the Mosgharl(male)

You don't even need it, Black Belt is enough.
You can just trip it with a charge on the arms or jump on it and you can block Tigerstripe barf without Guard Boost.

You can block Tigerstripe's water beam when he deflates, not the normal sweeping one

You can't block the deflation or the sweep.

christ
also apparently sony conference happening soon? anyone watching that? will we get some news?

How do I know if the relic weapon and armor I got is any good or if it's low tier at best?