/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-

>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit, get hype wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/

>Switch
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released, do not update wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
[Oct 2] Pegaswitch released, switchhax framework, 3.0.0 required reswitched.tech/octrelease

>Wii U
[Oct 14] VC injection tool for (S)NES, DS, N64 & Wii released gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/

>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows to install original pkg files, download&unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: pastebin.com/raw/wRuNrxdb
[Oct 14] NoPsmDrm released, allows dumping and bypassing DRM for PSM titles github.com/frangarcj/NoPsmDrm
-More info pastebin.com/ELptKruf

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anyone want to spoonfeed me?

is the pkgi txt file being updated?

I'm sure some other people feel this way, as a kid I loved playing games any time I could. Now I don't have any fun playing games. I just love having the hardware. My 3ds, Vita, Switch are all collecting dust somewhere.

Every now and then when a new exploit/hack/ cfw update comes out I get the device out and update it, this is more fun to me than playing games.

Anyone else? I kind of hate it.

I do this, but I also use my hacked consoles for emulation.

I bought a DSi just for RocketLauncher and it might not even be happening.

does it work with 11.5.0-38U? on the old 3DS?

anybody have advice for where i can get a ps vita with a pre 3.6 FW? is the borderlands 2 bundle still the only safe bet?

Congratulations, you are unable to read more than 2 lines of the OP, CFW is definitly not for you, back to your homework

Post the PS4 hack, now.

Any new console that isn't from Japan will tie you over.
Good luck finding one.

Yeah, i'm still new to hacking thing i dont know (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax) thing. my best buddy is my wingman where come to that i'm a more a hardware guy. and by buddy is the software guy

3ds.guide
Read everything twice until you have no more questions, then you'll be set

Thanks, user. have a pic of a black banayan

No

now leave and never return

Is there any way I can play VC n64 injects with GC adapters?

I'm on 11.2 hacked. Should I bother doing b9s?
Any benefits to upgrading to the latest?

please restate your question in the form of a haiku

50% chance of bricking

B9S is truly brick proof, godmode9 is worth updating for imo. Luma only gets B9S updates, a9lh support was dropped.

don't get asian 2006 models either
sony stopped manufacturing eu/us ones so they're all old

FEW WHEN

Can someone spoonfeed me on Vita.
If I get a vita on 3.57 can I get to 3.60 and then hack it or is it possible to hack it on 3.57 and then upgrade to 3.60?

can someone read the op for me

you can get to 3.60

>194020669

One more question. Is there a freeshop equilevant for vita?

yes

Is it possible,
Sixty four injects using
Adapter, uh yes?

Yes. And get a chink adapter and a 32GB sd card. You can find an adapter for 5€ on ebay. Or the triple on wololo/reddit but with that you are sure they are working

I wanted to ask the same question.

read the OP

Is a 3.60 Vita worth buying? From what I've heart it doesn't have much games apart from Jap games, and my moonrune knowledge is non-existence.

reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

shut up dolan

Vita has these + PSP games + PS1 games

USUM leak when?

Freedom Wars has TV support
idk if it's only with the whitelist hack but I can run it fine

I want to play my games,
With a specific controller,
Can I?
I wanna.

With pkgi does it download the games from Sony or what?

I'm stupid, it's from Veeky Forums
they hate us
sorry user with picture

yes

While i miss that screen acpi was just pure genius.
May it rest in piss.

When can we play 3.61+ games?

5 hours.

When somebody makes F00Dhax.

When will somebody make F00Dhax?

When somebody competent cares about the Vita.

>wake up
>no USUM leaks
>go back to sleep

why do you care about that trash?

I have a 3DS at 11.0.0.33 and the guide suggested I do Soundhax.

I've followed all the steps correctly but every time I try to play the file, it just takes me back to the home menu. That's normal, right? I just have to keep doing it until it eventually works?

Sometimes the top screen turns red or green if that matters.

It's the most important thing that happened all year.

that's not SR or EOV

Because the earlier I get it, the more time I have to play the actual games coming out next week.

>EOV
Chore simulating unironic weeb shit.

>SR
Same.

>Autismon
>not a chore simulator

Check if you have the right payload for your version and re-download it
Otherwise keep trying, soundhax is fickle

It's not. Now go back to your unironic grindfests with archaic rng mechanics.

Where can I get Wii ISOs? Sadly I don't have access to any private trackers any more and everything I find on google for Mario Galaxy is sketchy as fuck

I've got all the right files. The guide did say it'd take many tries, so I guess I just gotta keep at it. Hopefully it won't take too long.

>pokemon does not have grind
>pokemon does not have rng

>reading comprehension

I'm thinking about buying an SD adapter for my Vita. Not american, so don't want to go the wololo/reddit route, looking at local options on ebay.
Realistically, could a poorly made chink knock-off damage the console in anyway?

Do we know if the Switches that are part of the Switch+Mario Odyssey bundles come with a safe firmware ?

fuck off

It's for buying my own, not scalping anyone if that's what worries you

>scalping mass produced goods

god damn it, i'm retarded.
how the fuck to i play gamecube games on my wii u? i have the homebrew channel installed and play wiiU games with the wup installer from the wiiU and an USB drive and some games with loadiine.
i tried the ultimate VC injector but the script doesn't do what it's supposed to do in the tutorial.

Why isn't culdcept on the freeshop yet?

if you're retarded and you don't know how to use an automatic script then do this:
>hack vwii with wuphax
>download nintendont
>put nintendont and the game in the SD
it's the same thing

are we there yet?

I got a really weird Vita problem and really just want to know either how to fix it or how to install official firmware back.

So I had Henkaku ENSO and Adrenaline installed and working. After editing the config list for sd2vita and pkgi my vita loads up with the henkaku logo but prompts me to format my memory card. I can access henkaku settings via system settings but Molecular Shell and everything has dissapeared. Accessing the henkaku site to try it from scratch says I'm running 3.65, which my Vita agreed with until I tried to format the memory card and now it says it's 3.60 (henkaku site still says 3.65) and it still prompts me to format my memory card, so it's currently unusable.

What the fuck do I do and what the fuck happened. At this point I'm happy if I can get offical firmware and my memory card working again

A store is selling is PS3 for 70$.
Is it worth the price?
Can it be modded?

if it's 3.55 then yes

How do I tell?

you turn it on and check

Ask the seller.
It probably won't have 3.55 though.

I had a similar problem after running account switcher
>take out sd2vita
>format memory card, sorry for your loss, I hope everything's on the microSD already
>go to henkaku site
>use molecule shell to install homebrew launcher
>get vitashell
>get enso
>run enso so you're safe
>open vitashell and put in the sd2vita config and files
>restart console

have you tried formatting the whole console?
and then maybe follow the steps I did

I have no idea but you get internet points for trying

I've been looking around to see what formatting the whole console will do with henkaku installed. Guess that's what I'll do though.

Anyway, I've since found that it's doing some more odd things. Like, when I restart it there's about a 30% chance I'll be able to access henkaku settings and the system will tell me it's 3.60 with the other 70% it not allowing me into henkaku settings and saying it's 3.65.

On accessing system update it prompted me to install 3.63 once, I declined, and then when checked later (without having restarted) no such prompt was made and it told me I already had the latest firmware. Shit's weird.

Oh, and absolutely nothing was on the sd card as this happened when trying to get the plugin for sd2vita to work. I did make a backup on my pc when molecular shell was still working though.

But it is

It has 4.5 or something like that. Pity.

Hmm?

Depending on the model it can be downgraded with a hardware mod.

>most of the games I downloaded from pkgi need to update
>vita is not activated

My old 3D's XL is on version 8.1.0-8E and it have an browser. That would mean i Can go straight to BrowserHack for b9s like in the 3DS guide right? Also, if i connect it to the internet, would Nintendo force update it to the newest version?

Hah. So when I try to Restore the system it says I have to update the system. When I try and update the system it says I have the highest firmware. I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Can you go into the henkaku settings when it's available and turn off the firmware spoofing? Should deal with the weird '''I'm on the highest firmware bullshit'''

lol pleb

RIGHT NOW IF YOU'RE NOT A MORON

Sup m8s.

Have been gone from the scene for about a year.
I was wondering what possibilities there are now for the Wii U. Mainly interested in the DLCs for Smash. FAQ in the pastebin says DLC is not possible with Loadiine. Is this still true or outdated by now?

yes

Refer to this calendar

>2017
>loadiine
wii u pirating is pretty much like the 3ds, download the game from the ninty servers and install them on the home menu (updates and dlc too)

Damn, that sounds great.
Any preferred guide I should use? Pastebin is outdated af apparently.

Ok, disabling the henkaku settings and formatting the memory card from system settings rather than from the start screen prompt has me back on 3.60 and it's behaving normally. Just gonna update it to official. I'll grab another vita if I ever want to bother with this shit again.

switch vc when?

Wouldn't you get banned for playing the leaked version?

Can't wait to play a 2d platformer rom ninty downloaded off the internet on a dpad less handheld when I can play infinitely better romhacks instead.

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md

Why tho.
Just follow my previous steps.