/ink/ - Splatoon General

Last thread:

Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Blackbelly Skatepark is now in the stage rotation!
- Gold Dynamo Roller has been released! Sub is splat bomb, special is ink armor.
- Next EU Splatfest is warm breakfast vs. cold breakfast! Begins November 4, 4pm CET.

> Patch notes
- en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far (contains unreleased gear)
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

> Latest updates on what the Splatnet store is selling
- twitter.com/splatnetstore

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
- loadout.ink/

> View schedules for stages, Salmon Run, and current Splatnet gear
- splatoon2.ink/

> Splatoon 2 Kit Randomizer for lobbies
- agent-17.github.io/Splatoon-2-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> View Nintendo Switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

> Splatoon 1 Artbook
- archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Last thread I fucked up sorry ;_;

Anyone else have trouble with not being able to sleep shortly after playing Splatoon? The game keeps running in my head and I can't make it stop.

looks like you need to avoid playing anything before going to sleep user
just read a book or drink some warm milk to help you relax

I need at least an hour to fall asleep anyway, so I wouldn't know

Jack it to /ink/ squids

Wed we should get new gear in SR right

I want Grizz to let us keep the SR gear.

SalmonRun room open

>guy asking for help inside a coiled Steel Eel
>doesn't moves out of the Steel Eel

Speedy Woomy is early!

still bow-legged from our night together last week?

Stay Cool!

I ejaculated into your cup.

I love Speedy!

Berry sweet!

... Berry x Sweets OTP?

its because its monday or today has been a very slow day so far?

Monday and NA has work. Also wahoo.
>tfw phone posting from work

Berry woomy is a qt fruity

Eat a woomy! Share a woomy! Woomy cannibalism!

I want someone to woo me

Octolings kidnap a woomy! They force her to scrub their toilets!

There's a kinda famous restaurant near Inkopolis Square.
By all accounts it's a terrible place. It's expensive, yet furnished like a cheap fast-food joint. Quality varies a lot. They never state the origins of their meat, claiming it's an overseas supplier. They close without warning every now and then, and on other days they can get limited offers of extra-tender meat which used to sell out in minutes- nowadays it's on lottery instead. Personnel looks and acts shady, service is slow and food tastes weirdly off-putting.
Yet quite a lot of people frequent that place.
Although they will claim otherwise, it is obvious that they have a connection to the nearby barber shop, which also is claimed to be involved in some shady practices concerning certain fetishes- the shop is frequently visited by couples, but they always leave through back door and go home by car, and that event frequently coincides with special offers in the steakhouse.
There were no official word on these two, but word on the street goes that gov't purposefully overlooks this tandem's existence to lower crime rate. Others claim the mayor himself is a regular there.

Post limping Speedy woomy

Reminder that salmonlings need to exist

forgot pic

They need to be genocided and maintained in endless farms for their power supplies. To prevent rebellion inklings would have to create a virtual reality for their consciousness set in the 80s, but it cant be a utopia because salmonlings are a virus. They cannot exist in equillibrium.

How long did it take you to get used to Splatoon's motion controls?

Nice.

I heard that on Squalloween (Squid Halloween) the brush gang all jump on their brushes like broomsticks and fly around town playing tricks on people

Just play through the single player with them.

not very long
octovalley helped

Almost instantly. I was a PC gamer before, though, so I was more familiar with a mouse than with degenerate analog controls.

Why is Callie making this face?

Too keep people from punching her.

Within an hour.

>Aw fuck, my cheeks are bulging. Call 911, it's my peanut butter allergy

like 1 hour

What happened to yuta agc? His twitter and pixiv accounts are gone.

Within a day. I can't remember exactly what I did but I remember it didn't take long.

about a week

I must be retarded then. I can't get the hang of the motion controls at all after a week and half.

I'm gonna give your woomy or yebby such a fright.

try messing with the sensitivity

BOO

Don't worry about how long it takes. Took me about half a week. It was really hard to shake the habit of sticks only because I was always a console bab. It's definitely worth it to go gyros, but if you can't get it there's no shame in going sticks. Just understand that you're at an inherent disadvantage going into duels.

Just hold the controller in the air and turn up the sensitivity all the way. Remember that you don't need to raise or lower the controller, you just need to tilt it in the direction you want to aim. Just pretend that it's a car or something. Use the Y button a lot.
Pick an accurate gun (Jet Squelcher/Rapid Blaster/etc, go into a training room and just practice for a while.

Do everything with motion controls. Using stick is like picking mouse up and placing it somewhere else on the table. Don't touch camera reset too, other than pressing it in the neutral position so you shoot straight without "input".

It's a conscious thing for me, I'm not really fully used to it either. But when I do get it right and actually manage to point at the person I'm intending to, it feels really good.

I guess the ideal thing would be to use the left stick for large horizontal movements, and use the horizontal motion controls for fine adjustments. But in an actual battle it's hard for me to remember to use a combination of the two.

I should probably spend more time playing single player.

I rest my arms on my thighs and move the controller between my legs.

doot

I kept them off from the first Testfire until the Transformers Splatfest. Played enough Halo before it went to shit to make it to S rank using sticks.

Splatoon's stick controls feel like dogshit compared to other console shooters. It doesn't feel like there is an acceleration curve at all and all the camera movements feel way too jerky.

Hitzel that you?

What would you disguise your chickens as to spook all the squibs?

That to me sounds like "thsy are more precise", and the reason they feel bad is because they don't have ubiqtous aim assist.

Huh, I never felt that way until I forgot to turn the motion controls back on after taking a screencap in the plaza. My hand-eye coordination must be pretty sick because I remember being real accurate with stick control chargers. I think the thing that separates Splatoon the most is the lack of automatic aim assist.

It's not the aim assist, just moving the camera around feels so much worse in Splatoon than it does when I load up my Xbox and aim at nothing in any other console shooter.

Because Splatoon doesn't smooth anything out. Think when drawing on computer- when you want it pretty, you turn smoothing on and stroke away, but when doing pixel art you turn it off because you need precision. Shooters need precision, and that prettyness is ultimately a headache you need to live with.

pro controller or joycons?

I will say that even on the procon, the motion controls feel fine. I was testing out salmon run on my TV for the first time and it was only a few seconds of adapting and adjusting sensitivity.

Pearl realy a freak givin marina the succ anytime, anywhere... need me one like her

woomies were made to obey

My woomy is servant to no one!

what if your yebby said boo to a squib on halloween but the squib started crying and he became shunned by everyone in inkopolis

they'll forget about it in a few days

>2017
>not having your own octoling servant
I guess a lowlife like you can make his own woomy suffer for your lack of success

Goodness... right on the shoulder meat. That's actually my favorite spot to be bitten.

what if your yebby and her friends dressed up as clowns on Halloween night and went around on their bikes throwing eggs at people and smashing things with bats and also beat up a squib

call me when octopussy is playable

>yebby
>her friends

Except you because you literally take over when playing.

My squid doesn't have friends

what if your woomy smashed an old lady's pumpkin

it's not my business to judge your degenerate freak squid

what if your yebby stole gold eggs from the grizzco warehouse so he could smuggle them to the octolings

that'd be treason if inkland had any formal government besides judd

im using sticks until there is some hack to connect a mouse and kb to the switch that doesn't costs an arm and a leg i used to play Splat1 with mouse and keyboard using some linux hacking to connect my computer to the wiiu

Fool!
I /AM/ MY WOOMY!!

there's no auto-aim. that's the difference.

In Splatoon? Fairly quickly.
In Spla2n? For some reason I just can't get used to it.

why don't nice things ever happen to squibs

Because yall keep lewding them.

why are our /ink/ artists so perfect

I'm not that good, I don't even have a tablet yet

if only Shadgod visited ink

Joy-con in the controller-handle-thing.

Appreciate everyone else chiming in with advice. I suppose I can fuss with the sensitivity and try it a while longer before surrendering to the stick and just playing a roller forever.

>shadgod
Leave.

20 matches played and only won 1.
Fuck this. I'm going to play Mario Kart.

Why are you so perfect

>>>>shadman

these look like they're done by that guy that did the humanized Gumball's mom scene

what if you saw a sad woomy sitting on the stairs of her house crying and you told you she had been given her daily beating and she knows that even though every woomy is beaten daily she hated it and wanted it to stop

Give me an hour.