>The HALLOWEEN TERROR event is live
>The Event runs until November 1st
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/halloween-terror/

>Halloween Tale
playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21118913

>Event item checklist
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/HALLOWEEN

>Brand new Dev update
>We made 600 skins and reworked spectator mode while you were dealing with 100% pickrate Mercy
youtube.com/watch?v=jjTS_oAcLy8

>Latest map
youtube.com/watch?v=mcPDd16_9dI

>Latest cinematic
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

Previous Thread:

CONTINUE THE SPOOK POSTING

I want to bully Torbjörn until he cries!

Faggot posting*

Is this a single panel? Where's the whole thing?

Here comes T.Racer!

It's almost Halloween, /owg/

Should I buy the new hero's golden gun on day 1 of their release?

Why not a designated "pocket" healer. She jumps on someone's back (piggyback-ride) and heals this one hero immensly. While doing so she can shoot /aim normally while the hero she rides on does the walking/jumping around.
She can jump from Hero to Hero like Mercy. She can only heal 1 hero at a time. She uses a Pump-Action-Shotgun, dealing MASSIVE damage on close range but with a very slow reload between shots.

no.

New Hero Idea (Hero focus = debuffs)
>250 HP Hero
>Shift = Tripwire
Hero places a tripwire that is invisible to the enemy. Can only be seen when the enemy is really close to it (kind of like sombra). It is placed the same way as Mei's icewall.
Enemies walking into the trapwire are
-Stunned for 1 Second
-Minus 25% movement speed for 5 seconds
-Weapon's magazine is emptied, enemy has to reload
-Reloading speed is reduced by 25% for 5 seconds
-Enemy loses 25 HP
-Enemy loses 5 Ult Charge
The tripwire can only be destroyed by enemy players who are close enough to the wire to see it, so it can't "accidentally" be destroyed-
>E = Smoke bomb
Hero throws a smoke bomb. The area covered by the smoke can not be seen through. Your team can't see through the smoke as well but can still see the red outlines of the enemy team.
>Weapon: Automatic Crossbow (kind of like the demon hunter in Diablo 3) (projectiles are as fast Hanzo's arrows, does not need to be charged and has a high rate of fire)
>Using the mousewheel she can chose between diffrent kinds of arrows. No matter the selected arrow type, each shot deals ~25 dmg minimum
-deadly Bolts: deal 50 dmg/shot instad of 25
-Anti-Shield/Armor Bolts: Deal 75 dmg/shot to shields and/or armor, regular HP is damaged by 25 HP / shot
-Anti-Barrier-Bolts: Just like regular bolts but can effortlessly shoot through Reinhardt/Orisa/Symmetra/Winston Shields
-Anti-Air-Bolts: Slight Aim-Assist against flying targets (Pharah/Mercy, DVA, jumping Winston, etc.)
-Changing ammo type = 2x realod-speed-time
>Meelee: Poisoned Dagger
-Just like a regular Meelee attack but it deals an additional 25 DMG over time (5 dmg / second)
>Right mouse button: Tag-Pistol
-Works kind of like Ana's sleep dart. Enemy is not sleeped but is instead hit for 25 dmg and, kind of with Hanzo's Sonar Arrow, your team can see the tagged target through walls for 5-10 seconds. (10 seconds if it was a headshot)

What do you think???

SAY WHAT

>tl;dr
No offence, but every time I see detailed numbers, I just drone off. Hero concepts should be about broads strokes, not about the minutiae.

>Overcomplicated hero with no apparent focus:The Post

Choke on a dick, you spawn camping Genji mains

It would be the hero most obviously fitting the "defense" role, more so than any other so called "defense" hero.

I don't think you'll manage that in any conventional way

Tracer was a bloke named Lenny before the accident

I am sorry for yelling, but everything I point outi in terms of data, you just go back to talking about how you "feel"
>Blizzard shouldn't be using a bell curve anyway, but instead a logarithmic scale of some sort.
Yet the bell curve is what we have, if you look at population data, you will find that most things end up at a bell curve. This is how blizzard chose to group the rankings.

d-daddy...

smoke bombs/vision obscuring is a neat idea, but potentially really strong, and could win any team fight. probably best for an ulti

Theres a paladin character that does that and its her ult, incredbly powerfull and fun to play with it

Yeah that'd be fun to play against; an ultimate which blinds you so the enemy just walks up and pushes your shit in without any counter play.

Reminder that we need another support and that we might not get one because Blizzard was focused on esports instead.

>ana as primary
wot

Reposting my Hammond idea with Ultimate change.

Support
200 health
Passive ability: Primate Agility. Allows Hammond to cling to and climb along walls and some slanted roofs by jumping at the surface. All abilities are usable while on a wall. Jump to detach from the wall.

Primary fire: Laser Pistol. A weapon of his own design built from scraps found around Horizon. The photon bursts it fires are unaffected by Armor. Hitscan, 25 damage, 0.75 second firing rate, 10 ammo, 1.5 second reload

Secondary fire: Restoration Grenade. Lobs a grenade at a location that heals allies when it lands and explodes. 120 healing, 3m radius, 2 second cooldown, a circle appears on the landing location so you can aim your tosses easily

Ability 1: Barrier Web. Places a barrier projector where he stands. Can place four in total and at least three are needed to create a barrier wall between them. Barrier has 800 health but will reactivate after four seconds if the transmitters are still intact if broken. Projectors must be within 10 meters of each other to function. Projectors have 50 health each. Cooldown functions similar to Symmetra's Turrets.

Ability 2: Velocity Enhancer. Tags an ally with a dart that increases their movement and reload speed by 30% for 5 seconds. 12-second cooldown that starts after the dart's duration runs out or the darted ally dies/switches.

Ultimate: Neural Inhibitor. Sets a small device that creates a sphere in which enemies cannot use their abilities or Ultimates. Any abilities or Ultimates with a channeled or lasting duration (Speed Boost, Particle Barrier, Whole Hog, Tactical Visor, Valkyrie, etc) will immediately end upon being inside the sphere. Does not inhibit or destroy mechanical devices inside the sphere (Orisa and Winston's Barrier Projectors, Supercharger, Venom Mine, Teleporter/Shield Generator, etc) but it will prevent them being deployed as long as the user is inside the field. 6m radius.

good god ana is ugly af, should have kept her shrike mask as default

It's not like you are instantly blinded like with a flashbang. The smoke has to spread first and everything.

Firstly
>wanting more DPS heroes at this point in the game

Then,
>High HP for a hero that in no way at all needs it (Reaper/Doom has to be up close, Mei is a Tank hybred anyways, Bastion is stationary)
>Trip is hardcountered by Winston, as if Winston didn't hardcounter enough things already
>Trip is no real threat, more of an inconvenience
>Trip adds yet another fucking stun in to the game, as if it wasn't cancer enough
>Smoke would be heavily Off favoured as with any smoke in any game, despite being on a 'Def hero'
>Tankbusting from a distance with no downside, Shield/Armour bolts
>Punishing Rein and Orisa for doing their job
>Air bolts are obviously going to be buggy
>All bolts are overcomplicated and would be difficult to play and impossible to counterplay
>Melee is unnecessarily complicated
>Alt fire is unnecesarily complicate when it could just be one of the bolts and cut on a different bolt, hence preventing the whole 'bolt ammo switch' bullshit
>No ult

I think you need to take it back to the drawing boards. KISS the thing, Keep It Simple for Stupid

I wonder what kind of team fps/moba style healer they can come up with.

A good ana can be a main healer m'lord.

I want a Pirate McCree skin so he can plunder my booty.

Shit Ana, shit healer, shit tank, similar mechanics to a lot of heroes, shit character, shit idea.

actually it would already have a few counters
Widow, S76 ult, and Hanzo sanic arrow.

BLIZZZZAAAAAAARRRRRD

Explain, please.

This happens a lot to me, but seemingly only during events. Within ~500xp of leveling and I have to play another fucking game for a loot box.

Take it back.

Can be, but anything less cripples the team.
Mercy and Lucio or Zen is what's best to me at the moment.

shitpost

>hero rebalance
>doomfist now has 50 armor on top of 250 hp
>mei also has 50 armor on top of 250 hp
>genji can't animation cancel a reflect with a dash
>tracer's chronal accelerator is now a critspot. if she dies from a crit to it, it explodes and deals 100 damage in an AOE.

If your hero idea involves stuns, slowdowns, forced reloads, or ability interruptions, don't fucking post it

too late, fuccboi

>tracer's chronal accelerator is now a critspot. if she dies from a crit to it, it explodes and deals 100 damage in an AOE.

wow what shit ideas.

>it's the 'cynic who refuses to give valid criticism' episode

>stop posting things I don't like waaah waaah mommy mommy

These are all things that objectively make games less fun, if you think they're good ideas you're a shitter that's thirsty for a new crutch

Wall running genji staggered on hit.

I'm sorry but as soon as I saw your Mei buff I understood you were a delusional meifag and couldn't take the rest seriously. Your Tracer change is also retarded if you wanted to hear that.

Are we posting hero ideas?
>secondary support
>m1: Thompson smg, similar to sombra
>m2: healing grenade, on lower cooldown then ana's one
>E: shift between two auras: one reduces damage, one increase rate of fire
>ultimate: all allies don't need to reload for the duration
>design you guessed, it's the stereotypical mafia guy
Post name for the ability because i'm lazy

>doomfist now has 50 armor on top of 250 hp
not really going to help him

>mei also has 50 armor on top of 250 hp
why?

>genji can't animation cancel a reflect with a dash
ok

not sure about this one but found it funny.

>can make all these customized skins for pro teams nobody ever once gave a single shit about
>can't make generic RED vs BLU skins to make casual competitive more playable

>ultimate: all allies don't need to reload for the duration

>all allies don't need to reload for the duration
Really makes no sense outside of energy based weapons, and would be mostly useless for a lot of characters

>objectively

Your opinion is not objective and Supports require such things to not be torn to pieces in a second by the DPS.

That's what they have teammates for dipshit, they do fine without them now

yes to all these because i want to see tracer explode

that would be the weakest ultimate ever.

What announcements do you expect from blizzcon?

The only new DPS should be the doom guy.

Normal pump shotgun with explosive burst and charged shot bound to alternate fire. Switch them with shift. Can double jump but not climb walls like genji. Melee finishing a hero gives him 25 armor and 25 health. E is maybe a normal grenade.

Eh, i can see it work for some cool combo like
>infinite boop
>tac visor+this=pain
>Winston+zarya in general become more powerful
>tracer become a nightmare
Give it a big duration+short charge time and i think could be nice, but not overpowered
in all honesty, i didn't know what to give him as an ultimate

>let's give the lowest health character in the game a critbox in her center of gravity and where it's easiest to hit

never get into game design. it also doesn't even make sense lore-wise.

>zen charging as much balls as the auto-fire timer allows
darkness falls

It would have to be secondary to some other effect for it to be at all on par with literally every ult in the game except maybe supercharger, and would probably be better as a 75% reload speed buff or something

Who counters genji ?
As soldier it's annoying that I have to bait him into using his parry and dash first to be able to headshot him.
The problem is that I am vulnerable to his teammates during this momment.

A new hero, 4 months have passed since doomfist release and that seems to be the time period for which they announce heroes. Other than that, not much else. I want more, but it seems that the esports stuff has been what they have been working on the most.

>Supports should not contribute anything that makes me upset

So they shouldn't heal eaither because when they heal enemies it makes you angry.

>hurr their teammates can babysit them

You've never played the game, have you.

new support
new map
esports stuff
skins
Mercy nerf

>doom guy
>can jump
That's not doom guy.

Also, his ult should be berserk mode where he runs super fast and can only melee punch people for massive damage.

Posted this in the old thread

>zarya
>thinks he can save his grav for next game
I'm too guilty of this but some people don't realize that before ulting you:
>have to get dva out of her mech
>get rid of rein's shield unless you have hanzo/sombra
>make sure zen is either dead or has used his ult
>check that your team is alive and all necessary ults are ready
>other shit that I'm probably forgetting right now
I-it's not as easy as it looks alright

>making the thing that keeps a character grounded in time a weakspot makes no sense lore-wise even though it's been shown multiple times in the lore that it's often used against her as a weak spot

I meant making it explode you fucking retard.

>ultimate: 15 second or so, allies don't need to reload and have their cooldown halved/reduced

Better? I was also thinking giving the grenade a secondary effect like "remove status effects from target"

god I hope the new hero isn't a support. supports are so boring to play

>completely different thing than what I said
Come up with an actual arguement
>>hurr their teammates can babysit them
t. silver DPS main that doesn't know it's his job to protect supports
Also nice redditspacing, fag

At least in the new game he can jump and it leads to some cool fights. Maybe instead of jumping his passive would add-on to the melee bit and allow him to move faster for 2 seconds after the final blow.

That's a solid ult idea. Kind of like Winston though.

>Offense
>Defense
>Tank
>Support

Your main picks, post 'em

Your post literally only mentioned it being a critbox and not it exploding, specify next time faggot

don't try to mess with cooldown, then you get in awkward situations like mercy rez every 15 seconds, or tracer having rewind too often.

>Offense
I'm shit at basically all of them, but I guess Slodier 76, sometimes Reaper if the enemies ahve annoying tanks
>Defense
Junkrat or Mei because I'm shit at DPS in general
>Tank
D.Va, sometimes Roadhog if it's quickplay
>Support
Mercy

Offense: Pharah
Defense: Torbjorn
Tank: Reinhardt
Support: Lucio

I'll do whatever the fuck I want, you fucking sissy.

What about instead of faster cooldowns, faster ult charge

>Offense
Reaper or soldier
>Defense
Torbjorn or junkrat
>Tank
Reinhardt or Orisa
>Support
All except lucio

>Come up with an actual arguement

I will when you come up with something more than "it makes me angry so don't do it".

>t. silver DPS main that doesn't know it's his job to protect supports

I do that. I've yet to see anyone do that for me when I play a Support.

>Also nice redditspacing, fag

Because making posts easy to read = "reddit", just like everything else that makes you shit your diaper in rage.

Winston's doesn't do that much damage, it's mostly CC. Genji's ult would probably be closer comparison. Or nanoboosted Rein when Ana still gave speed boost.

Of course they can't actually use doomguy but they could bring back Blackthorne as their first crossover hero. He would almost fit OW lore anyway, and he engenders that whole early 90's doomguy heavy metal 'tude rambo aesthetic.

>Tracer
>Widowmaker
>D.va
>Zenyatta

I mean, it's an ultimate and i imagined working like lucio's one: you have to be in range+los to get the buf. It also would be useful only with some heroes so
>realize this would probably force a meta of cooldown heroes only
Mmmmmm, instant cooldown refresh? immunity to debuff for the duration? Something totally different as an ultimate?

>offense
Reaper
>defense
Soldier:76
>tank
D.Va
>support
Zenyatta

Edgyboi

Torb

Russia

Grangran

>Offense
McCree

>Defense
Bastion

>Tank
Orisa/Winston/Zarya

>Support
Zenyatta

>tracer
>none
>zarya/Reinhardt
>zenyatta (overall main)

reaper
junkrat
zarya
granny

How long until the dev team runs out of ideas and starts adding crossover heroes? I feel like they have a lot in the pipeline right now considering the game is still new. They just refuse to release anything cause of their big money plans.

>queue for FFA
>ENEMY NEEDS T H R E E K I L L S
>it's a genji

Listen, this is not meant to be rude, but the heroes need the ult charges and cooldowns. Those are univerals limiters. Remove those and the potential, note potential not guarantee, that you are able to make a hero completely broken. Too much of the game is built with those mechanics as the foundation, mess with them and you risk collapsing the entire building that is the game.