/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1025 - Hoodies edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

How 'bout no. Studiopolis is perfection and the only thing that redeemed Mania. The Drop Dash is debatable.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles remake with Studiopolis as a bonus level is perfection.

When's Mania 2?

>Espio became evil and took the power of the Phantom Ruby for himself
Has Sonic Team gone too far this time?

Really? That's how I feel about Press Garden; Studiopolis is meh.

>Trifecta

>Hoodies
Best thread edition

No. Sonic Mania was garbage from the wordgo, like all of Sonic's appearances after his first one. Rad Mobile was the peak of the series, yet SEGA insists on doing new shit like Green Hill Zone, the entirety of the Genesis era, etc.

Just make Sonic like pic related & there, the series is saved.

It's a shitty romhack level made by shitty hack fans. There's no reason to advance the series beyond what 3&K did, and that's in terms of everything, including level themes and ideas.

3&K was new when it came out though & we've already established that anything new in Sonic is bad. All Sonic needs is just Green Hill Zone, because anything else is new & that's the shit that nearly killed Sonic to begin with.

Press Garden was a good zone, but felt like something out of Freedom Planet. The new bosses were shitty in both zones, especially ice spam Heavy Shinobi.

>Expecting sonic bosses to be anything but shit
It's a shitty idea for a franchise built around speed to have to stop and fight a shitty boss. Once you finish 2 acts, you should immediately go to the next zone

>Any opinion I don't like is bait

No, 3&K was tainted by the influence of Jun Senoue and Takashi Iizuka. Sonic CD was tainted by giving Sonic a voice, and Sonic 2 was tainted by Sega's American branch. The only pure Sonic game is Sonic 1, and the series cannot advance in any way beyond that, lest it taint itself further.

Fall 2019 or Spring 2020. It won't be called Sonic Mania 2, it'll have a different visual style from Sonic Mania, all the zones will be original, it'll have playable Amy and Metal Sonic, and Mighty and Ray will make an appearance. Tee Lopes will return as the composer with Falk as a guest composer and Jun Senoue on guitar.

Amy has always been loyal to Sonic.

That sounds fucking awful

This. Just make every Sonic game Green Hill Zone & leave it at that. I mean, who wants anything else? Maaaybe if you really wanna freshen things up you could put Wisps in, but that's it.

>It's just a opinion bro!

Blue rat is for pink rat!!

Fuck off, Heavy Shinobi was awesome once you got good.

Fill it out nerds

You're full of shit, but I want this.

t.lizuka

I didn't realize Sonic Chronicles' troubled existence was the result of Bioware's contract expiring and them shifting to Dragon Age Origins. I would have really loved for a full-fledged Sonic RPG but knowing this now, I don't know if I'd have damaged Dragon Age Origins for the sake of Chronicles being good.

Guys, hear me out. Liru Bunnie.

Pls user, this is a wholesome general.

liru isn't even cute

bunnie in her outfit would be an improvement

>Zavok and Metal appears as bosses
>Shadow is Playable
>Chaos does nothing throughout the game and only appears for merchandising and "hype".

I think what really grosses me out is the fact that Zavok got the best treatment, in terms of his role as a villain within the story. Shadow and Chaos were beaten in cutscenes, and Metal Sonic's fight, while cool, ended up being ruined in retrospect because Infinite's fight is a reskin. Zavok's on the other hand is completely original with a proper confrontation cutscene and dialogue and everything.

Chaos does nothing has been the story of that character since SA1

Morio loves the D6, obviously. Not surprising, since he directed Lost World.

It's weird, he had a boss fight in Generations, and they gave his base form a new model at that. Are they at least gonna use the character outside of Forces?

Anyone want to see high-quality remakes of the Game Gear games with spritework along the lines of Chaotix/Mania? I'd love to see Genesis-tier remakes of Sonic Chaos/Triple Trouble, hell even Tails' Adventure.

huggu

But didn't you clap when you saw the epic confrontation between Classic Sonic and Chaos?

Big never appears in a shit game.

I absolutely sure that Chaos gets a boss fight in Episode Shadow. There is no way they made a new model just to have it in cutscenes.

>Sonic Adventure 1
>Sonic Adventure 2
>Sonic Heroes
If it weren't for the spinoffs he'd ONLY be in shit games.

Wow, rude

Secret Rings

Sonic Shuffle disagrees

Remember that concept art that Tails and Classic fighting Chaos & Metal?

What happened with that?

What are you eating, /sthg/?
I'm eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Do you think Tails likes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

>spam/overpost

OR here. Excellent work. And yes the Grand Upper(or GRAND UPPA!) is Axel's signature move, arguably the most famous Sega attack that's not the Spin Dash. Hell it might one of Beat 'Em Up most famous moves. Also do try the SOR series, the music in 1 and 2 are fantastic. Some of the best from the 16 bit era. 3 as was hit and miss but okay.

Is the soundtrack available on MEGA? Anyone have a link for something in good quality?.

Meh.

I don't even care for high-quality, just let me see more of the fucking screen. Places like Green Hills was a nightmare.

Gummi eggs

You'd be surprised.

Nah, they will just reskin Metal Sonic again for a Shadow Illusion boss fight.

So who of you is responsible for this?

W-what?

*Overslept*

Thanks for the help

So why is infinite's backstory explained in episode shadow?

Because it's a prequel to Forces.

Cool maybe we'll see an unmasked infinite

Because they couldn't be bothered to properly flesh him out in the main game.

I need more pictures of amy wearing eyeshadow. yall got any?

ahh, re fans havu spreaken

You will not survive this Halloween, /sthg/! Metal is comming for you!

I've looked before. They're either lewd pics or terribly drawn, sorry.
Something that should be requested though.

Fug, I want this artist to do more of these

So how does Rouge have the time to do her hair and makeup in a time of crisis?

What's he comming for me? Hopefully it's from a decent artist.

The prequel comic leaks already showed Infinite's face

Some girls refuse to leave their house without makeup on so I guess it's the same with Rouge.

5 minutes is plenty.

Remember when Tojyio was good?

So is Eggman dead?

Rouge sits in an office chair yelling at people like Silver and Shadow. I think she has plenty of time to do her hair.

What's wrong? you don't like the patreon?

Can't believe it.

Rouge probably sleeps in it.

Eggman died with Deem Bristow

>he had a sword
>all he does is get big in his final fight
How is it possible for Sega to fuck up on several levels simultaneously?

>I've looked before. They're either lewd pics or terribly drawn, sorry.

link?

maybe. maybe not

Maybe there's a secret boss or something like that.

That's probably pre-Infinite. He likely doesn't need a sword, given the Phantom Ruby's powers.

do you guys believe that lizuka is the bad guy here and that sonic will improve if leaves sonic team ?

thanks for looking anyway

who knows

What's that scar on his eye?

People said the exact same thing about Naka back in 2006. It all depends on if the people making the decisions change.

What if Forces was originally planned to be Lost World 2?

Well, look whose back from the dead. The little blue savior..but what's that I smell? you reek of fear. Glad to see I left an impression.

Isn't he more of a producer and supervisor these days, I don't think he is actively involved all that much with the development of the games. Shitty level designers and directors like Morio Kishimoto seem to be more at fault for the problems in Sonic Team.

Forces doesn't look like it was planned at all

Oh, Cuisine finally released a female Sonic doujin. This is nice.

>Implying Infinite, if he could, wouldn't give himself an anime as fuck sword
You either embrace the edge or you go the fuck home. The fact he didn't have a Sephiroth sword is baffling

He had an accident while playing with his sword.

The big problems with Forces is that the level design is lacking. It's understandable given that it's most of the designers have little to no experience on Sonic, but they should've started on a smaller title first.

SEGA's slowly easing back into it.

I don't have any on me right now, I'll look more when I get home.

It can't all be him

>Inb4 he has an edgy backstory

Not fully. Truth is we don't really have great insight on the inner workings of Sonic Team and what's going on over there.

>Cuisine
How is that nice? That obsessed freak is mediocre at best
>doujin
He is not japanese.

where?

I just wonder how the decision came to be. Were they confident the product would sell and sent rookies to do the job? Did all the previous experienced designers leave or not want to work on forces? Is the next sonic game already in development and the best people were put on the job?

If it's bimbo Fem!Sonic, count me out.

>The fact he didn't have a Sephiroth sword is baffling
Is this better?