/twg/ Total War General

/ourguy/ edition

Mortal Empires is OUT:

Blood and Gore:
store.steampowered.com/app/594591

Grace making a skeleton outfit, Halloween Tomb Kangs promo confirmed?
twitter.com/graceblaise/status/924325458665230336

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YyknBTm_YyM?t=101
khorne.ru/2nd/
pastebin.com/NQnEKZvp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im already bored

First for ME2.

This is 100% the map that's going to be used in Total War: Warhammer.
Plus the Mourn Mountains of course.

Daemons are obviously going to be a huge part of the third game.

What will Tomb Kings sound like?

Has the map editor been updated with assets from TWW2 yet?

Shitposting

> Start as Fey Enchantress on VH
> ME
> turn 3 Blue Bretts declare war
> Greenskin incursions
> can't leave capital to defend Brione from Bretts
> Turn 5 WE declare war
> Turn 6 rebellion
> Turn 7 Beastmen attack

Weeew how the fuck are you supposed to do anything in this campaign.

like bones rattlin

Post Beastmeme images that I can use.

>turn 1
>give gifts instead of building shitty units
wow so hard

>click on Phoenix guard
>they don't say a word
Holy fuck that's lazy, CA!

>no Elspeth von Draken
>no Bertha Bestraufrung
>no Lucrezzia Belladonna
>no Repanse de Lyonesse
>no Naestra and Arahan, Sisters of Twilight
>no Drycha
>no Ariel, Avatar of Isha
>no Crone Hellebron
>no Valkia the Bloody
>no Dechala the Denied One
>no Alarielle the Everqueen
>no unique Princess Eldyra squire hero for Tyrion
>no Tzarina Katarin
>no Queen Khalida Neferher
>no Neferata
>no unique Geneviève Dieudonné hero for Lahmians
Are CA fucking *SEXIST* or something?!

> no Tzarina

Seriously what the fuck, Kislev has such a rich unit roster and has a very important geographic location. GIB ME MY KISLEVVVV

>finally manage to confederate mommy
>she died a turn before
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

^This.

Desu with ME I'm pretty much just playing Vlad and King Bretonnia and wondering why I even bought TWW2. This is just like a worse version of the first game.

Warlord or Grey Seer for campaign?
Plague or Ruin lore?

Well, let's start with the fact that you can only play ME if you have bought both games

t. actual cuckold

Every time I try to launch TWW2, it says "You have mods and should disable them."

The mods are all up to date, anyone else see this?

Plague is 1000x better, Vermintide is GOAT

>Rogue army spawns in my territory.
>It's nothing but trolls and cygors.
>The army I send to deal with it is 100% anti-large. Sea guard, archers, and spearmen.
>Barely scratches it.
>Send a fire wizard.
>Fire spells bounce off the trolls for insignificant damage.
Who ok'd this?

Yeah but do I even want to play ME? It's quite literally a more bugged, more broken first game experience on a worse map. It's not like I'm colonizing the new world with all these chaos shits around. And Ulthuan is just a big pain in the ass for Brets.

It says that no matter what i'm certain

Something is off about this trebuchet

I'm not the guy complaining about the enchantress start

Being the ruler of NATO feels good. She was only at war with 2 factions before she decided to march through Ulthuan without agreements

Ruin ruin ruin. Plague is good but if you are looking for a prime driver, nothing beats Warp Lightning.

You could also go Plague and supplement it with a warlock engineer

It never used to for me. I was able to always go in with mods and it only warned me if things were out of date. Oh well

I'd tolerate it if they went and diversified the Hung/Kurgan from Norscan. I'd be furious if it's just Chaos with billions of norscan clones.

>four demon LLs
>they share a starting area
>they just use the WoC roster
>every other faction on the map is pre-foundation norsca

Its dumb ignore it.

really makes you think

>You have these mods enabled.
>Do you want to continue OR DISABLE THEM FUCKING ALL INSTEAD OF MAYBE ONE OR TWO
FUCK

This just in.
>Try to bring dragons.
>Breath attacks are inneffective.
>Trolls maul the dragons to death.

GRIMNER'S BLOOD, BREAK SOME SKULLS

>legendoftotalwar puts razor standards on his lords
what a brainlet

legend of being a cunt more like

>finally get to confederate Bordeleaux because the Red Duke is sieging one of his cities
Thanks based dook
>turn after, want to check what he was so deathly afraid of
>his army is in a nearby city
>declare war on dook, move the army in
>autoresolve at 70:30
What the fuck was he afraid of

If CA wanted to be some classy shits, then this
youtu.be/YyknBTm_YyM?t=101

Let's all be honest here, Night Goblins are infinitely superior to Skaven and are the rightful rulers of Karak Eight-Peaks.
Anyone who thinks otherwise should go back to >>reddit

Noob question, my campaigns seem to follow the same formula of 1) take over two regions of 6ish settlements 2) focus on growth, 3) play defense until infrastructure is built up 4) crank out death stacks of the best units and go on a rape spree

Is that bad? Am I wasting time If I'm not always on the move?

Hi everyone, Party Elite here!

We're goin to just shut this right down. Then we'll do this and shut this right down. Followed by shutting this right down, and oh, here, going to shut this right down.

I had to stop watching his Queek ME playthrough because he wouldn't stop saying "shut this right down" every 30 seconds

But dwarves are reddit. Plus goblins sound like pre-pubescent boys.

At least you get to finally fight Skaven in the Old World.

HeyguysTurinhereforthiscompIbroughtsomewardancers

Ohwowtheyreallytossedtheenemyssallad

how long does the confederation penalty last?

Everything besides Chaos is reddit

Norscababies are an exception

There was a patch recently that added this warning to almost every sort of mod

Is the whole point of Alberic sitting in a province with a port?

Edgy faggot

I stopped watching his playthrough when i saw it was on hard and not very hard

Alright anons, roll out.

JUST FAPPED LETS GO AGAIN BABY

Fuck it my Fay Enchantress run isn't fun
I will just do whatever luck decides until I either win or lose

A couple of the other Bret factions are snowballing and refusing to confederate, so to get stronger I decided to conquer Mousillon.

Dark Elves seem quite insular. Make stick some Dark Elves on Norsca's tip.

Reminder to play the best faction this hallloween.

Is there a way to disable that annoying mod notification when you launch the game?

I loved old ROTDG start positions where both Helf and Delf were a colony in Norsca

Lads, quick question about the CPY total war attila crack. I can get it to open the launcher, but I can't make it actually start the game - clicking the button to do so starts some "awesomium" process, then does all of nothing besides. Anyone else had this problem? Or is there a better torrent I should be using?

AS THE GREAT PLAN DEMANDS...

The Great Horned Rat will provide!

I'm desperate guys. I'm so disappointed that i cant spread my glorious dark elf architecture all over the old world.

A great deal many people, myself included, want the settlement appearance to function the same as WH1. I understand a great deal other players wish to keep it this new system. I think the best compromise is to have it function like so:

1) Dark elves attack lizardmen settlement (temple appearance). Dark elves loot and occupy settlement, thus causing the settlement to remain a temple appearance.

2) Dark elves attack lizardment settlement (temple appearance). Dark elves instead raze settlement, and colonize next turn. From there on out, it will take on the appearance of the new owning factions architectural appearance.

In a perfect world, this would make most sense. As it stands now, i have tried both methods, which yielded the same result; the original owning factions architecture remains even after razing.

I have heard the reason this is the case is because of the introduction of the skaven ruins system and how it was coded. The game cant keep track of what architecture it should display as, so its just hardcoded as a preset. If this is the case, its a big let down.

If you want to get into lore, I want to spread the glorious architecture of my faction all across the warhammer world.

I desperately need a mod for this. Please, anyone....

khorne.ru/2nd/

For anyone interested in a lot of neat loredumps whilst we wait for patches. Particularly interesting are:
>Old World Bestiary includes a lot of monster perspectives and peasant perspectives
>Old World Armoury details the taxes and more of the Old World
>Secrets of the Realm of Chaos has a bunch of Chaos info

They're all a bit more in-depth than the average codex and usually include a bit

Lizards need not apply

Question about first warhammer. How the fuck do I check armies garrisoned within a settlement. And I don't mean the default garrison army, I mean an army lead by a lord chilling in the settlement.

>awesomium

I think that is the ingame encyclopedia

CA's response to ME Chaos behavior as well as other bugs, pic related.

Night's Dark Masters is perfect for reading this halloween. It's a description of vampires, the various bloodlines and habits, their weaknesses and strengths. Also throughout all the 2nd edition sourcebooks common view quotes are the best thing.

wut? click the flag or navigate the "forces" list and select him there.

bumping with some various races architecture.

>Coin lore

Nice

Why is it written Total War Warhammer on this picture when the game has no Juggernauts and no banners reeeeEEEE

Halloween huh? Well then.

Brace for TLDR.

We postin skaven stories?

pastebin.com/NQnEKZvp

Friendly reminder that you can navigate through provinces and army's / agents using the period and comma keys. just cycle through and move, build and end turn.

Is there a way to get Morathi if you confiderated her when she was wouded?

Too white and lack spikes

another faction's settlement

>Part 2 is so big that turning it into .jpeg is still not enough.

Uh, give me a minute to post it on Veeky Forums, I'll be right back.

Yeah testing my new preset so taking a variety of shots

Favorite voiceline of any character? Mine is
>Thou shalt forgive me for not shaking thine hand, 'tis filthy

that image is so fucking thanquol

> oh shit queek has jumped on me and is about to chop off my head
> i know, i'll summon verminlord vecteek, that'll stop him!
> begins summoning ritual
> vecteek's hand wasn't actually vecteek's hand
> he accidentally summons skarbrand
> picture.jpg

Same thing, just click the flag. To reveal the units within that army you will have to scout closer with an agent or army of your own.

There we go.

Can i play nosca in Mortal empires?

One Empire campaign I buddyd up with Vlad and forged an alliance, I killed Mannlet for him. It was great hearing those positive voice lines for once.
>ebony, ivory, perfect harmony

Not yet
They'll get patched in eventually

>doing a fairly large even battle as Dwarves
>leave to quickly do something
>forget to pause
>Come back to a decisive victory

Whoah. So this is the power of beards.

I'm going to scrap this campaign. Dwarves are so fuckin boring. Only lizards make me zZz zZz zZz faster

That's in character with the lore man. They're sworn to silence magically.

The two most boring and easiest factions, no wonder reddit loves them.

Hey /twg/, I pirated all the DLC for WH 1 with creamapi, how do I get it unlocked for WH 2 ME as well?

>newfag rant start
So I'm playing Rome 2: Emperor's on the newest patch for the first time and HOLY SHIT I cannot get over how absolutely garbage the combat is, HOW did this come out AFTER Shogun 2?
I know there's been patches, and I've been told that the game's been bettered for it. But seriously, after all the fixes, what the fuck is going on in this game's combat?
I thought this shit would be fixed by now or something, because honestly I was having lots of fun with the rest of the game, but I cannot get over how fucking rage-inducing the combat is, I quit mid-battle because I was fucking exhausted with how annoying quashing a very simple rebellion got
>Fighting enemy cavalry (who are standing completely still) with a line of 2 top-tier spearmen units, considered 'even' and neither side lost more than 50% health after like 10 minutes of grinding at eachother
>Make sure that melee units are spread out to create a more effective front line, give them a single 'attack' or 'move' order and suddenly they're boxed up again
>Have to babysit and micro troops like I'm playing Starcraft because they will stand in the front line, SEEMINGLY fighting, but when I zoom in, they're just standing around doing jack shit whilst shoulder-to-shoulder with the enemy
>Units constantly do this dumbass shit where, when in a line formation, will ONLY attack with the middlemost troops. I have to re-order the same attack like 3 times for them to figure out that what they're doing is suicidal.
>Combat just generally takes FOREVER. The EASIEST units, when you've got them out-classed, out-numbered, out-picked, will just NOT die. This is even worse when you consider your troops constantly run out of morale and fuck right off the battlefield if they can't get kills.
Like, man, I've heard the talk about this game, but this is just ABSURD. Do I keep playing this fucking game?
I'm really digging the setting and overall conquest mode, but the combat just sucks so far, it's absolutely teeth-grating.

> queek ME campaign
> take Granite Mastiff
> build a second army
> 2 full stacks
> push on Arachnos and sack it
> wait a few turns
> sack again
> wait
> sack

> Karak Zorn starts to really like that
> Queek becomes best friends with Karak Zorn

Truly the darkest timeline

Can you not confederate in mortal empires?

I'm clan angrund and karak hirn has 223 relations withme, I've got a solid military alliance with them, and these niggers refuse to confederate.

i dont think your supposed to ally if you want to confederate. it counts your strength as theirs, and ai will only confed if they are weak.