/fhg/ - For Honor General

Whats that? You thought it would end? Edition

last thread: >Season 3 Info:
pastebin.com/wENXbKNh (embed)

For Honor v1.14.1 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-302393-16/for-honor-v1141-patch-notes

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK (embed)

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6q-kJ3vfBPA
youtu.be/UrmaYZ2elsg
youtu.be/O2otihe65SI
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bk6y7jw2ujLrjm0Zzbb4aEZUV13gyGoy-IobrkfNgaY/edit#gid=0
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-300269-16/patch-notes-v113
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-302393/for-honor-v1141-patch-notes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for shut For Honor down and just start a stream sitcom with the devs

Post your cast. Also judge them based on it GO!

Blocking should cost stamina and allow a big punish if you run out

Realtalk, do people like the devs? I thought people would wish death upon them for the state of the game, but y'all seem to treat them like loveable if misguided goofballs

I can't believe I only have 1 to go until 100
I keep playing different characters to not level someone up

Because they are, they want to make the game good but have no clue what they are doing.

You appear to really like heroes with unblockables.

The only real things that bother me in this game is the connection issues and lightspam on consoles.

Ok and maybe their taste in cosmetics.. yea thats a big one too.

I like the team, they are fun.

>go out of my way yesterday to record every game where it was an uneven team
>don't have the energy to put the clips together.

that reminds me

posting fanfic balance changes:

fight system:
>chained lights don't bounce off block and inflict chip damage
>chained heavies/unblockables are unparriable
>blocking heavies/chained lights drains some stam
>chip damage increased to 30% base, can kill
>blocking/parrying/dodging pauses stam regen
>all heavy attacks are only vulnerable to GB in the first 200ms, no more or less
>HA heavy attacks cannot be parried(ex. shugoki)
>parrying only rewards a light attack or parry counter, no longer drains the attacker's stamina
>when OOS, take increased chip damage, slower dodges, and unable to parry
>top attacks catch backdodges
>side attacks catch sidedodges
>dodging cannot be hit with bashes on startup anymore(unclear if this is intended or a bug)
>forward dodges can tech GB
>feinting is variable, costs no extra stam, and cancels guard switch time
>all bashes >= 600ms are feintable
>feats no longer have HA
>fix all the bullshit timesnap combos(warden CC > free shoulder, conq forward bash > free heavy, etc)

cont in part 2

Reminded me of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=6q-kJ3vfBPA

heroes:
>assassins cannot parry any heavy attacks
>polearm characters(LB, valk, nob, HL) have much longer range on their heavies
>conq's block simply gives him a free light attack that can be dodged, a la LB shove on block
>shugoki loses armor upon being parried, but regens after the first hit he takes
>PK zone is now uncancelable if blocked
>cent's charged heavies only confirm a light jab, but charged jab can be softfeinted into GB
>raider can only feint/cancel his zone in the first 500ms of the move, dodging GB cannot tech GB
>glad's zone can no longer be feinted
>shinobi's kick/backflip no longer has hyperarmor
>zerk's deflect on light attacks can be teched, hp dropped to 110
>LB's shove on block no longer chains into a light, but he can shove after landing a heavy(hit or block), HA heavies
>nobushi's kick tracks backdodges and recovers much faster

idk what to do about roach/warlord/valk/kensei though

left like a week after highlander dropped, what have i missed?

>people still have sub-Rep20 mains
Why

literally nothing

>wasting your time leveling up in this ded gaem
Why

I really, really hope this is bait

Pointless to level up heroes past 10 desu, even if there will be a next gear tier someday 10 will be enough for it

Nothing. A nice halloween event
>flicker fixed
That’s about it

(((mixups)))
LaunchLawbro
everywhere, I like it
return the WARDEN
>having a main
I feel sorry 4 u

>he actually gives a fuck about the shitty colors between 10-32
>he actually bothers past rep 8

what's the issue?

It isn’t. Anons been posting the fantasy suggestions each thread hoping for a bite. He always seems to think he’s right on it though

>Having a main

Does getting hit as an assassin reset your guard or something? I swear if I'm being tag teamed that my guard just gets set to neutral and I'm just always "behind" when trying to block incoming flurries

Been trying out shinobi and try to avoid light spam.

But this guy threw me off. Was he expecting me to spam first or is he just a different kind of warden?

>human being getting hit by raw 600ms side lights from neutral
Must've been months since I last saw anything like this.

>flickers right, then left, then top
advanced warden for sure

looks like he was doing some kind of fienting exploit bullshit. fuck him, good on you for light spamming him. Just a different kind of cheeky warden. I could be crazy but those feints don't look like the normal feints to me.

thats gonna happen if im in the middle of a GB.

But my defense is really poor for some reason.

I don't want to chalk it up to the usual suspects.

Does anyone here have the xbone elite controller? I feel like there is to much play in the thumbsticks.

Have you tried messing around with the stick deadzones in-game?

I have. it helped out but i notice that the thmbstick themselves seem to move a little bit before the control actually detects movement.

Then again i have to different deadzone settings

One is the settings changed in for honor

The other is the settings on the controller app.

Maybe combining the two is bad.

You could try fixing your deadzone and adjusting your guard zones. Both are in advanced guard/controller settings

>Attacking from behind a corner
This shit worked like a charm for me until recently. Doesn't work at all anymore, it always misses. The niggers changed something. I just want to be sneaky.

At one point this game wasn't so ded. Been Rep15+ for a while now even with months long breaks.

Pointless to spread out your progression from a purely cosmetic perspective since characters share their customization unlocks excluding ornaments.

>being indecisive and not getting to experience the L A T E G A M E aesthetics
>tfw still Raider so all customization is furry stripped pants and spiked skulls

What is to flicker?

Having met a fair number of them, yeah I like them a lot. Good people, game has some serious flaws but I guess they are trying to fix them, even though a lot of the fixes just make new problems.

I would mess with my guard zones and dead zones but I don't know what the fuck to do to help me. Is it just trial and error?

youtu.be/UrmaYZ2elsg
It’s gone now. But lag causes the animation to be faster, so now we wait for lag compensation

>tfw

(I’m assuming youre using controller)
High deadzone like 20 is bad since the data sent from your thumb movement of the stick to the game intercepting it is slowed down. Having it low, lowers the time of data sent between eachother so it brings better reactions for blocking and parrying.

Why the fuck highlander so slow at running?

I don't see any justification

Shitty oversight/design. Law runs faster than him and he's clad in fucking plate. Only one who runs as slow as HL is probably Shugi

>big ass fictional sword
>viking that isn’t raider
Besides he shouldn’t outrun the law user

It's when you delay your Light and Heavy input so that your character initially lights from a different direction with a false indicator to fool your opponent.

This is/was an unintentional tech that Ubisoft has tried multiple times to fix.
Their latest method is to tighten the input window for Zone which leads to mistaken lights being thrown out constantly.

Shitty fucking design.

For some reason devs thought LB having the same speed as Gladiator and Beserker (ASSASSINS) was a good idea. Yet a fucking Vanguard (Kensei) is slower than Lawbringer. Highlander needs to be the same tier as most of the other cast (85% speed tier IIRC) and LB needs to be bumped down. Swap HL and LB, then bump Kensei up.

>inb4 LB dipshits spew out "you can't run from the law" memes
yes because your stupid fucking memes totally over rule game balance.

He has the 'tism

Keep crying peasant, you can't outrun the law

hahaha XD nice BRO Deus Vult!

>yes because your stupid fucking memes totally over rule game balance.
And your argument over nothing but pure aesthetics is somehow more valid?
Is there any game balance related reason why LB should be slowed down? "He wears plate" has nothing to do with balance.

youtu.be/O2otihe65SI

I could care less if they left LB's running speed unchanged, but there is no fucking reason why Gladiator & Berserker are slower than other Assassins (Orochi is in 93% tier and Shinobi and PK in 100%). Then for another stupid fucking reasons devs thought Kensei and Highlander should be slow, all I fucking want is for those four characters to get running speed increases, is that too much to ask for?

>armor unmatched
>no hyper armor
>some shitty potato with a sword and shield gets hyper armor on all heavies

Reminder that a character with a SHIELD should have absolutely ZERO hyperarmor moves. The entire idea of using a shield is to avoid getting hit, not to tank hits with your face like a retarded berserker.
>muh design and gameplay segregation
People who defend this are the same people who don't see anything wrong with a ninja having hyperarmor on more moves than a dude in full plate.

also he's a fucking heavy. Game says Hybrid but he's defo a fucking heavy. He should be as slow as the other heavies (Warlord should be moved down as well, he's a heavy too but same speed tier as Zerker...an Assassin)

Its just really not the fucking fact some heavies run fast, it's just the fact that two Assassins are slow as shit, and two of the shittiest characters in the game are gimped even harder. I'm just fucking salty.

I would only accept a slower run speed if he actually made that stomping noise from the trailers and had hyper armor on heavies.

I dislike the running animation of glad. Looks liek they are roller skating.

Okay what the fuck is going on with the xbox connection, Iv've been kicked from every single game I tried to join and i have my green nat,what else do you want from me Pope?

what is the tier list lookin like these days?

forgot webm

I'd be totally fine if he got Hyper Armor on his heavies, it'd stop some LB cucks from turtling as much and risk a trade, so I'd be happy.

is it just the Wolf howl thats limited? I can still get masks after the event right?

Skorbrand's tier list is pretty good IMO.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bk6y7jw2ujLrjm0Zzbb4aEZUV13gyGoy-IobrkfNgaY/edit#gid=0

though I would move Raider higher, guess it's cause I'm a shitter but he practically gets his opponent guaranteed OOS off of one GB, but I guess the tier list is considering everyone is a turtling fucktard, so Raider would never get that GB in the first place.

Yes they will be 20k steel for all masks

>My GT has turtle in it
>Law main since launch
>actually don't turtle with Law
>bro hes top tier tho, you just need to use shove
In a world where people throw out raw heavies i'd do well, but i must be playing the wrong hero in this timeline.

the price goes up after the event? lame

*Smacks lips
Sonata no shi wo

>all vanguard, hybrid, and heavy's revenge duration stat is now replaced with sprint speed
bam, solved the assassins weaseling their way out of any situation problem

You should marry this fat fag

>Implying that if a running Assassin is really that slippery you can't just use team coordination to get them

also running attack moves have god tier tracking, unless you're Kensei or lower speed tier you still should be able to catch them, and even if you can't just go cap a point or something.

No. fuck off with your Warden X Nobu ship. Kensei and Nobu are Canon.

>I can’t balance
Glad you don’t work for Ubi. You’d just add to the pile of mess that this game is.

>people wind up with negative sprint speed to the point they actually sprint slower than they run

nice

you guys do know sprint speed used to be a gear stat right?

Nigger they both have autism reaching Rep 40 for eachother lmao

There's actually some weird wavedashing tech atm where going in and out of guard mode is faster than just running(not sprinting) and allows you to react to attacks/GBs

Yes, and there was a fucking reason it was removed.

Yeah and was taken out for a reason user. Nothing better then a assassin or law bum rushing in-between points and nothing you could fucking do. Along with people in Elim or skirmish(before they died) stalling fucking games because they could run like knuckles the echidna

I heard Warlord got nerfed, how bad is he now

he was made shitter tier but devs realized their mistake and reverted some of their changes. Atm he's still S tier because devs sledgehammer fixed unlock tech and that fucked up his shield charge to make it a 50/50 and extremely hard to dodge if you're name isn't Shinobi.

were the changes his lowered damage cuz thats the one I heard about :c

Literally made into a proper heavy, then the devs listened to the duel babies and made him god again cuz why not kek. He was fine in 4v since he acted like a proper heavy and not a fucking character with so many options. But what ever, the devs would undo PK in a few days too if she got nerfed. He also lost his heavy reposte. Other then that he’s still a crutch hero

IIRC yes, I can't remember what attacks and values exactly.

Here is what they did initially forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-300269-16/patch-notes-v113

here is what they reverted/buffed too
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-302393/for-honor-v1141-patch-notes

>tfw phone poster is more helpful than you

>armored heavies nerfed instead of headbutt
aw man, why didnt they fuck over the broken thing and let me keep the fun thing
My desire to play him is kinda fucked

Also they aren't, warden x nobu ship was orficially recognized by the devs as the canon in my dreams

Don't worry, once they fix timesnap he'll go from being 2nd or 3rd best to 1st best again.

I dont really care about his tier, I just liked how he felt, sword and board with armored dec damage heavies and a top heavy off a GB
I dunno why theyd buff his lights and nerf his heavies, thats not heavy

Ubi doesn't know what their class designations mean.

yeah it's weird how little has changed fater the huge break I took, even things they said they were gunna do "soon" havent happened
whatever happened with Kensei buffs? with the color changes? the salvage problem? inventory space? all like 1 day fixes and none of it done after months of promises

Kensei and conq have been shelved Due to actually having the fucking mocap team come back and due re-shoots for their useless ass heroes. But they literally have said time and again fixing the fucking gameplay is far more important then cosmetics.

you dont need a mocap team to change some numbers though
also all I'm seeing there is the same stuff from a few months ago, aware of, working on, planned, but no actual THINGS

>he thinks changing a few numbers will fix fucking conq and kensei

better than literally nothing I guess?

Not really user. You buff a single digit on Conqs numbers and you either ruin him or make him another God incarnate. He has two moves and a bash. He has some of the most insane recovery speeds in the fucking game and he removes heavies from the game. He doesn’t need a buff, he needs a fucking rework, Same is said with kensei.

what did they do to my Berserker level 4 feat?!

Get fucked nigger

gutted it to appease reddit and just a worse Fear now.

FUCK WHY
Dominion is goof mode and Zerk is GARBAGE
DEFENSIVE?!
I'm losing my mind over here, did he get ANY buffs to compensate?

he's an assassin so he won the timesnap lottery I guess