ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fd_6SYW2xwA
youtube.com/watch?v=mjY6awCr2_c
youtube.com/watch?v=5hJepWBUqZk
youtube.com/watch?v=dkXlh3G-ECM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BOO

>tfw I want to play AC7 in virtual reality but don't feel like shilling 400 shekels for the PSVR

I played these games a looooooong fuckin time ago, and haven't played one in almost 20 years, but I randomly saw a video for AC7 and had all those great memories come back to me.

I'm very excited to play another a new AC game, and I'm sad that I neglected the series for all these years.

Do not be fooled by cheap imitations.

It'll decrease in price by nest year, r-right guys?

A lot of people are like this; I was surprised to see many people seem to have played one or all the AC games from the trilogy yet don't seem to have been interested in the series recently until AC7 was announced.
It's like Ace Combat was pretty popular at some point in time.

Ace Combat and Colony Wars were the only flight sim-ish games I could stomach, and somehow I just missed a ton of games in the series I guess, and only happened across AC7 by luck. At any rate I'm really happy I did, since I always loved the games.

>Colony Wars
Is there no end to the patrician taste of this general

I was in 7th grade when Colony Wars came out and the fact that you could fail missions and cause branching in the campaign blew my fucking mind.

god i love this general, the only reason i am still here on this site
if only the redditors would stop seeping into here every once in a while...

It's general shitposting. You can't link it back to one site, because the rest take that as justification

>no one has mentioned the ps2 battlefront series yet in all its glory

battlefront 2 on the ps2 was the shit
battlefront 2 however looks like shit and im definitely not getting it

>tfw could never figure out what all the bonuses or upgrades did
time to boot up the ol' slim

CW1's opening cutscene still gives me goosebumps.
youtube.com/watch?v=fd_6SYW2xwA
>Now, there are thousands like me, veterans of the League of Free Worlds, who yearn to fight against the savage Empire!

FOR THE CHANCELLOR

Remember the ultimate goal of the Kingdom of Erusea

Figured it was so good it didn't need to be said.

Better make Osea burn pretty bright to burn brighter than Farbanti.

Not just Farbanti, but Hoffnung as well.

Oh, it'll burn bright alright, you just need to liberally apply thermite

>BRRRRRRT

So after finding out Belka was the one doing the dirty work in 5 why didn't the Yukes and Osea just team up and kick Belka's ass?

isn't that exactly what happens in mission 27

It is, that's what the singing and was all about

Anyone else get goosebumps watching the new VR trailer?

And that MUSIC

I'm fucked, there's no way I'm not spending the $400 on VR. That trailer got me. Fucking Sony

>$400
>not spending that much to play AC7 with a Thrustmaster Warthog on PC
>not maining the A10 because of it

do you think someone will be able to ghetto rig a VR setup on PC for AC7.

What are the chances that there'll be a bundle deal for a ps4, psvr and AC7? I'm guessing about 1%.

And him....He was a true ace.

No clue I don't have a VR thing and haven't looked into it. But I think there are some tools to do it like there are for trackIR

>Bundle with another flight stick and the headset

>this
>Mobius 1 emblem
>turns out AC7 is just a front to make gauntlet again

youtube.com/watch?v=mjY6awCr2_c
So, is The Unsung War song sung by Japanese men and women?

youtube.com/watch?v=5hJepWBUqZk
>YF-21
Too bad anyone who flies it ends up with crushed body, popped eyeballs, and exploded head.

The VF-22 fixed it

Conventional controls win again

The YF-21 always had conventional controls, which the pilot could switch to whenever needed.
It just used the BDI as standard.
The VF-22 just added larger cockpit viewports and a simplified BDI system.

I thought they'd completely removed it in favour of simplicity at that point but looks like I was wrong

That said I still have no idea how the Batroid controls are meant to work out with two sticks and the rudders You know, to the level of complexity and freedom it does in the show over say preprogrammed movements for punches and shooting like how you get them in the games
The interface would make sense for that.

I want to play Ace combat 4 so much but the emulation is so glitched I tried so many shit somethings get fixed others dont
I can live with blackplanes and I can play on shitty res for no slowdown but the broken sun sprite is just gamebreaking and I would love to get a working hangar

Here's hoping for a timed exclusive or a non-VR edition DLC somewhere down the line.

>Polis Massa PTSD intensifies
>you know the corridor I'm talking about

Wasn't the eye-popping, skull crushing thing mostly about the G-forces? I don't recall it being due to the controls.
I'd imagine one stick just providing direction for an automated walking/leaping depending on the terrain, much like modern fly-by-wire, just taken a step further. The other stick being for aiming if that isn't handled by the eye-trackers like the missiles.
And lots of buttons for macros and the like.

You mean when the sun gets an outline and a rectangle around it? I think some user had a solution, switch to DX and then back to the openGL graphics plugin or whatever they were, can't remember.

>Polis Massacre
/aceg/ plays BF2 when? The new update added the online server browsers back in. Still buggy as all hell though

That's how I imagine it but you still get stuff like Isamu punching with the stick relatively specific things like Roy hitting the legs of Shin in that training sequence. Then again, that's just to make it look cool

>g forces
Yeah Guld just boosted so hard to keep up with the Ghost that the acceleration got to him

>BF2 online is back
Time to buy it again, my old copy seems to have died.
>specific actions
I think most of it is automatic with additional inputs for manual actions, maybe not dedicated buttons but rather stick movements.

>tfw lost my original copy
Word of warning though, the netcode is still garbage and I got thrown out of games at random, although maybe they fixed that.
If anything the bots and all are still fun even if they are stupid

Nothing like shooting stuff in the ARC

>10

>/aceg/ plays BF2 when

Man I just want a proper star wars flying game.
One with actual decent mechanics.

Fuck just give me Star Warthunder, I dont even care at this point. Just give me SOMETHING.

tfw you will never engage in the trench run with /aceg/ whilst someone blares zero over comms and people ramble incoherently about resetting this snow with v2 and entrusting it to a buddy

The X Wing games were decent, just space only unfortunately. Rogue Squadron too but I liked the more free/air quakey nature of X Wing. I really just want some IL2/WT clone with a ton of SW ships to play with.

But yeah no clue why they haven't made a new one yet.

Can we blame Disney for this? I'm sure we can blame Disney for this.

I think VF has some kind of onboard AI. And the AI basically just mind read the pilot's thought and reconfigure the control on the fly to suit whatever the pilot wants to do in that pitch moment with the sticks in order to avoid 100% mind control the whole VF and misfire.

Well I guess for giving it to EA only for now, but it's not like LucasArts made much of anything as far as SW flying games go either just before they went down
The two Starfighter games are the last I recall and that was ages ago

What would happen to Ace Combat franchise if Disney bought Bamco?

The 21 kind of, but the others seem to have regular controls. The VF1 and 0 for example.

Talespin AC clone

Are you ready to buy a new gaming keyboard?

Fly by wire is already the computer doing a lot of stuff you didn't actually ask it to do in order to achieve the result you asked. VFs are just the next step.

/aceg/, did you know there's a skeleton inside of you RIGHT NOW?

There actually WAS a sort of warthunder for Star Wars a couple years back.
I nearly got into the beta, but then it got closed down becuase fun is verboten.

Probably because the mouse sold exclusive rights to EA, the dumbest fucking idea ever.

Are you giving out candy for Halloween tonight, /aceg/?

Halloween is barely a thing here so no

Are you aware that planefus have longerons, stringers, spars and ribs in them?

Shame. But the more I hear the more I'm starting to think that there was just too much stuff in development by too many people before LucasArts died. There's a project for every genre that got shut down it seems

Fuck no.
The sweets are *mine*.

Im gonna be in my room, lights off, playing vidya.
Like usual, but with added spook.

Pretty much, yeah.
it's just sad to see all the ones I want most (read: anything involving flying an X-Wing) get dropped like a sack of shit.
Especially when it's in favour of giving everything to EA who then promptly cancel their cool-sounding singleplayer story game to turn it into a multiplayer loot-box-o-rama.
At least Battlefront 2 seems to have vaguely improved on the flying controls. Vaguely.

To kids with clever costumes. I've got a small stockpile of full sized candy bars for kids that use their noggins in designing their costumes. The kinds of kids who do lazy shit like walk up in orange overalls and say "I'm a pumpkin" can get fucked.

>orange overalls and say "I'm a pumpkin"
kek

Don't tell me the SP part of BF2 got sacked? Or did you mean the Corucsant game?

But yeah the flying games are suffering. I'm still waiting for SQ42 to give me some space fighting, but that doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon
And WC3/4 just don't want to recognize my flight stick properly.

You laugh, but you'd be surprised how lazy American kids can get with the costumes. A few years back there was a kid who came up to my door in orange and black smudgy facepaint, but street clothes otherwise, and yelled 'IMMA TIGER' and then held his bag open.

Nah i mean Visceral's game.
The one Amy Hennig was running. It was gonna be a long singleplayer story experience, and EA have basically gutted it and their comment was, in effect, 'we want t make it more like the current market trends'.
Which means 'multiplayer focus with loot boxes'
The SP of battlefront seems safe. They've been hyping it up so hard, they'd be hard pressed to justify yanking it now.

But yeah, I really want a proper X-Wing flying game again. Whether something more like X-Wing or more arcadey like Rogue Squadron, I dont even care anymore. I just want *something*.

Squadron 42 fucking when though goddamnit roberts
Origin m50 is prettiest spaceplen

That is top tier tbqh.
That said I'll have to pay more attention to it when carneval comes around in february, you probably get similarly lazy stuff, but they don't come knocking on your door

Was that the one where that Tatooine map leaked ages ago? The FPS?

>spoiler
Good taste my man, the best waste of 100.- to date

I think it was gonna be a tps, but yeah, they showed a brief second or so of the main character walking out of a cantina onto imperial-controlled tattooine. It looked pretty good, great attention to detail and shit. But that's pretty much all we ever really saw.

And hell yeah.
I wont lie, I want a gladius for some dogfighting, but the m50 will forever be the best.
I might even be able to fit it in my starfarer.

It's just an A Wing on steroids. Too bad the combat is so shield focused, ot at least it was back when I last played, so the hit and run doesn't work so well

Speaking of space games though, been looking at Angels Fall First on the sale now, looks like it could be a fun BF2 thing. Has anyone here got it?

Anybody have some weird plane ideas to draw? Currently not creative enough to come up with one myself :I

Asymmetric push-pull turboprop fighter.

There you go

>Angels Fall First
I've seen a few videos, it's beautiful. I can't buy it right now, though.
Alien air superiority fighter. Wings and control surfaces are connected to the fuselage with solid light, and it houses a massive particle accelerator in the middle. It uses flowing shapes extensively.

That actually sounds fun, I’ll give it a shot :D

so a wyvern backwards

Looking forward

More like a Wyvern with an extra engine

Looking forward to the Hurricane, even though it's totally fucking useless. Thanks CIG. Fucking assholes.

>Angels Fall First
I bought it at the beginning of 2017.
Space battles in AFF honestly have everything that I wanted from a proper BF2 sequel.
It is a perfect mix of boarding action and space dogfighting.
Loadout system is nice and doesn't restrict you from anything at the beginning.
Bots are actually fun to play with and are decent at what they do. Also the next upade should improve their AI.
Playerbase is dead (10 players right now) even though they organize games in their discord sometimes.
Devs also never realy advertized the game but they are planning to do so after leaving early access.

How's the performance? Looks a lot more stable/optimised now than it used to be a year ago or so, but who knows what rigs the guys in the vids have.

Can't say anything about performance at the release.
When i bought it I still had my old gpu and ram Amd hd 6670 and 8 gb ram and only drops i got were during warp from ship and if I decided to fill all slots with bots.
The problem is at the time they released update that should have improved performance I already upgraded my pc so I cant say anything about it either.

Fair enough, thanks.

Still not sure if I like the sickle propeller meme or not

Happy halloween, you fucking bastards.
What's the spookiest pilot and/or aircraft?

Probably the ones no one knows about.
The blackest of black projects.

Duh.

I always like stories of reusing aircraft parts from crashed aircraft. Not particularly spooky but makes one slightly superstitious.

For example the right wing of Air Canada flight 797 was cut off and glued onto a North Central DC-9 that hit a snow plow and lost it's right wing. (That's the one that comes to mind, I swear there was one part that was on like 3 different planes that were written off.)

Was going to post this . It's a lot like a ghost, you can faintly hear it as it flies past, but it's so goddamn fast you'll never see it.

That fucking skeleton from Swat Kats was scary to me when I was a kid.
Something about haunted planes was really cool to me at the same time though.

Anyone that uses a WW1 plane to fuck up modern helos can't be that bad

youtube.com/watch?v=dkXlh3G-ECM

God, I fucking hate TSFs