Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU (what's out so far): a.pomfe.co/bredbmk.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV released October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Halloween!

consider me spooked

fang

Might not be the best time to ask, but I'll give it a shot.
Just started playing EOIII on Desmume, because I was told it emulates it 'perfectly fine', thing is, I wouldn't really say it's fine, FPS are constantly dropping and the game is going really slow in general, I mean I know the game is really old and I'm not expecting a smooth 60 FPS, but did the game really run that poorly on an actual DS or do I have to configure some shit on the emulator?

My long myth ends here.

>Stabdaddy

I went to PAX Australia last weekend and got ONE EOV streetpass, from some guy with a level 13 or 14 guild.

Motherfuckers don't know good games.

Yuck.

>PAX Australia
You should've thrown your boomerang at their ground harnesses. Teach those little shits to have such awful taste.

To be fair it's not actually out in Australia yet because fuck you that's why. 3rd November.

Not until you report a complete item/monster index

EOV's sixth stratum is terrifying.
If the unnerving music, invisible terrain and steep drop offs weren't enough to unsettle you, literally fucking everything will murder you if you give it the chance to.

???
I'm in Australia and I've had it since mid October.

Guess Wikipedia is lying to me then.

ebin
simbly ebin

for anyone who is initially baffled by the "stair" teleporters in the sixth stratum

you aren't taking a staircase up or down, you're taking a teleporter FORWARD

this improved my enjoyment of this nightmare by 40%

Atlus confirmed for bros.

whats the story with headless hunter

Ive triggered his scorching anger a few times and survived the followup without issue, usually taking less then 50% life on any given character, but this time he confused like 3 people (which has never happened before either) and one buffed him up and then he did it and it just wiped everyone out from full life somehow

Does panic increase damage taken?

You really think someone would do that? Just go to the local tavern and tell lies?

His entire gimmick is hitting you with a status ailment, and then his party wide attack insta-KOing anyone who has an ailment. If you never get hit with the status ailments, or can clear them off in time, he's basically harmless for a FOE.

oh so its the attack itself that does extra damage to ailments, I get it now

ive killed a couple but it never happened before, usually he lands a whole 0 ailments off it that was the first time ive ever seen him actually status everyone and with anything besides curse

Is this for a later quest or something? I didn't get this line when I did the quest.

Did you get all three skeletons including the FOE?

you had to kill the skeleton spartan

>Lolis being instantly killed
Yes, yes. This is definitely a good thing.

Should've been a bunny.

Mash potatoes

>cannibalism

>Get ass fucked by Tyrant
I wanna go home.

100%ing is ocd

Kill yourself you dumb explorelet.
I'm going to make a chad guildcard now.

I'm really not enjoying the 3rd stratum. Half the fights are just not worth bothering with because the enemies are "fuck you" instead of "hard".

At the start there's 2x Petite Spriggan, which is a guaranteed Grand Spriggan that will roll your entire party in one move. Better to just escape and fight something else.

And then when you're finally able to face those fights without getting insta-wrecked, they introduce Ghosts who exist only to piss you off.

That "art" is fucking awful.

zombie powder cheese made that stratum for me
can even ignore the floor

Then you have the unholy trio. Someone post the cursed image.

Shit we'll never get.

different strokes for different comps

Sometimes the Thericas in my inventory are out of order and it causes me great physical pain.

>At the start there's 2x Petite Spriggan, which is a guaranteed Grand Spriggan that will roll your entire party in one move.
>He doesn't know how to split his damage
>He rolls his face across the DS hitting one until it dies, and wonders why the other is able to live until it can transform

>9f, D,5
>see hole in wall
>stick hand in y/n?
>y
>Anya sticks her arm in and confirms the hole is very deep
>the rest of the party is too distracted watching to notice a monster ambush

This all plays out very differently when you know Anya is brown Warlock with the "sultry" voice.

"Oooh, it's going in soooo DEEEEP!"

Pierced Harbinger is stroking his chin and cackling, turban Pugilist is wide-eyed and visibly blushing even though he has the blackest skin, no eyes shaman is averting his eyes even though he has none, and grannybun is watching the whole scene saying, "Ohh, I remember those days...don't tell any of my 100 kids I said that."

>I'm really not enjoying the 3rd stratum.
You're not supposed to.

But 3 is the best one so far.

Haven't done 6 yet.

What is this and who is the Donut Steel?

Let's all live in a lovely cemetery!

>Try postgame bosses
>Chain Blast just fucks them as my Chain Team just goes apeshit
This is pathetically easy.
Good thing the stratum enemies fuck me in my ass good.

I'm right before the Crystal Dragon, and I got a quest to find some book in the 2nd stratum. Which I'm guessing is somewhere in the secret area behind the sealed doors.
The question is: how do I open it? Do I get the key from the 4th stratum boss, or did I simply miss it somewhere along the way?

>Those fucking faces

Goddamn I hope no one pays for this shit.

>Do I get the key from the 4th stratum boss, or did I simply miss it somewhere along the way?
The latter.

Well, fuck. I thought I thoroughly explored everywhere. Especially the walls next to empty spaces on the map. Although there are some shortcuts the game simply won't let me enter. Is it behind one of those? Like there was one in the 3rd stratum I couldn't enter because I was "in a hurry". And another one in the 4th stratum which is blocked by some extra tough crystals.

It's in the fourth stratum. You can enter the area as part of a quest. If you need more of a hint I'll provide it, but fully exploring that quest area is all you need to do.

Its on floor 16, but you gotta go down the secret stairs on Floor 17. Just explore everything.

I think I've done all the quests except this one that sends me to the 2nd stratum. There was a quest that sent me to deliver lunch boxes to some adventurers mining crystals in a secret area on some floor in the 4th stratum, but I don't think I found anything else in there.

>There was a quest that sent me to deliver lunch boxes to some adventurers mining crystals in a secret area on some floor in the 4th stratum, but I don't think I found anything else in there.
That's the one. You didn't explore everywhere.

I have, that's why I'm asking.
Pretty sure I've stepped on every single tile in that area, even took the long empty detour to the last delivery point.
Actually, now that you mention it, I might have already correctly mapped it and placed the stairs down, but the fact simply escaped my mind until now. I'll check it again this evening.

where can i find more dragon shard in stratum 4? i accidentally sold the one i was supposed to get to the guard in 18f

You can just give him cash.

Spoilered map if you want to see it. I'm sure you can tell where it is without me circling it. If you do not need/want it, happy hunting later on when you play again.

No, as I said, I must have already marked the stairs to this area from 17F and thought "I should check it out after I turn in the quest", and them completely forgot about it.

I finally got to floor 5!

Make sure not to overwater her.

You need to stop

Remember to take care of your teeth!

Don't post lewd images of my wife please.

I went to that artist's pixiv to find more cute pictures, but instead found this. Fang is chewing on a macaron, but it looks like her dentures are falling off

That is horrifying

That looks like he knew exactly what he was doing.

I tried macarons once, they weren't as good as I was led to believe.

Fang loves sweets

im enjoying 5 but Im pretty pumped and cant focus on it as much as i normally would cause I really am looking forward to playing EOU2 after

Or maybe EOU1 first im not sure, if i did 1 itd be just story mode, 2 i definitely wanna do classic but also want to do story for Arianna kinda

i think my team being terrible in 5 doesnt help im on floor 15 and i still mostly just poison smoke stuff and nothing else I got comes near that damage

Arianna is worse than Ricky in every way.

t. ricky

icky ricky she's so sticky

get dicked ricky

Is there a way to rearrange a character's commonly used skills?

>womb tattoo
aw jeezuz

It helps her commune with the spirits.

I wish I was a spirit...

It glows when you touch it

Northeast of 17F is an invisible shortcut to a secret area with a set of stairs down to the 16F secret area where the Master Key is.

Post more Halloween themed Etrian pictures. This is not a drill.

Nope.

Well, no - that is a gun. Of course it's not a drill.

laaame.

Even pokemon has that shit, and they only have 4 goddamn moves.