There are houses for sale in the prairies for less than $20,000, that seem to be fully functional...

There are houses for sale in the prairies for less than $20,000, that seem to be fully functional. Is there any reason that I shouldn't buy one?

Kek, yes. Biggest being there is no worthwhile pussy within a day's drive around those types of houses.

What if OPs a faggot? I'm sure he is.

Is there any reason you would buy one?

Once you buy it, what you're going to have is a house worth $20,000.

Why is it worth $20,000? Well, you don't seem to know. Is there any reason it might be worth more or less than $20,000 in the future? Well, that depends on why it's worth $20,000.

Until you can answer these questions, you are paying $20,000 for an item that is worth $20,000 and will stay that value in perpetuity unless something causes its value to change, which you don't seem to know.

Go figure out why it's worth $20,000 OP.
Don't know how to do that?

Try calling the guy who is selling it to you for $20,000 and saying "Hello. Why are you selling this for $20,000?"

Or did you naively think like a fucking moron that the house's value was going to magically get bigger after you bought it?

If OP is a faggot, I guess it would me a much better deal compared to if her weren't.

Might wanna start enjoying sucking those dicks pal, could help you in the long-term.

>tfw too addicted to amps to live in the country

Yeah, it's in a fucking prairie. They cost so little because no one wants to live there.

You could corner the market in tumbleweeds

Amps?

It's slang for gay prostitutes. He just can't live without a dick to suck.

You could go live there and enjoy the complete lack of employment options, local amenities, high-speed internet, and possibly even more basic utilities like electricity and indoor plumbing.

We can live there together user

Maybe he wants to rent you fucking mongoloid.

I did this in NZ;

Town I purchased house in is 1h30min from a city of 90k. Town has pop. of 2000 max (including rural areas).

I paid $45000NZD which was around $31kUSD at the time. It's a 4bd, 2bath, 1/2 acre section. Single story with an attached garage and a detached double garage. I came with a double wide fireplace and wood burner, as well as french doors to a patio/sunroom.

Downside:
Distance to events, meeting people, prices of imported products

Upside:
Freedom of expression is big around here (regardless of stances etc), cost of fresh produce and dairy is extremely cheap, access to nature, very low crime, low rates

I work from home so all I needed was a strong internet connection. In my previous town I paid $180p/m for basic broadband. Out here I pay the same, but I have satellite- which works great, surprisingly.

House prices are low bc stagnant economy, low availability of jobs, and slowly shrinking pop.

don't care

i work online. as long as there's internet and basic services, i'm ok economically.

no, i just want a cheap place to live, and i hate cities

because its out in the fucking prairie

Enjoy being buried in 8 feet of snow in the -40 winter and paying a small fortune for heating.

Many rural communities still only have fucking dial-up.

Links to examples?

When I was in Florida I saw a sign advertising a house in the city for something like $8000.
Apparently that's a thing in Florida. You can buy shishacks for next to nothing.

Best advice you're going to get: Do what you want.

Seems like better internet capabilities are the only thing that would be a deciding factor for one place over another.

Would be nice if you're into homesteading.

Unless it really does get -40 then fuck having to do farm work in that environment.

Alberta and Saskatchewan up in Canada do. The northernmost US states likely share that kind of weather.

People leave those places to find work in the city.

If OPs talking about Canada, he has to realize that the Prairies are dead for a reason. It's because there's very little local industry outside of the major cities. If you live there, you better have a lot of savings or a really stable income. Personally, I'd rather buy a house outside of the GTA. Maybe Sutton or some shit.

what is the darknet

Lol... Buying a house for appreciation at all is fucking retarded. Loan servicing fees & property taxes > appreciation almost every time.

At least with a buttfuck nowhere house OP isn't paying much on property taxes. That being said I'd move overseas instead if I wanted cheap housing without location (worked online). Or maybe some remote place in the Eastern US.