/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Spooky Elphelts Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sandaime/status/925292104091287552
twitter.com/empe0317/status/925022582407020544
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Happy Halloween!

>new thread on Halloween
>not a Jack-O edition

Disgusting.

Post Jack-Os to celebrate Jack-O-ween

Chipp and May is the only true pairing.

Sol is honest

I'll give you one Jack-O because I feel bad for you.

Happy Halloween, /ggg/!

It's Slayer's birthday!

Large bosom

Happy Birthday, Slayer!

Happy Birthday, Slayer! How're you going to celebrate?

Sucking his wife

Why does /fgg/ hate us so much?

Not our fault they're Esports loving faggots.

Because Guilty Gear isn't a spectator sport like SFV is. A majority of posters in /fgg/ don't even play fighting games.

>/fgg/ = brtain
>/ggg/ = America
They hate us for our freedom and independence from their empire.

Happy Halloween /ggg/

Any favorite moment from the Arc halloween stream?

I might've if I'd know it was happening.

Hope you have a happy Halloween /ggg/!

Halloween bump

Because they stink at this game and so pretend to hate it instead. Classic case of Sour Grapes

Many of us post both here and there.
It's just kids trying to find a team to support.
It's petty but what can you do.

>blazed through Sol's basic and advanced combos
>been practicing pic related most of the morning
Tonight's ECPC is going to be trial by fire in more ways that one.

>not picking a waifu

I'm still maining Jam for the time being. I'm not dropping her but I might switch her to a sub at some point in the future.

I tend to like all GG characters a lot, and I never really got into waifuism for the series. That being said, ABA is pretty cute. I subbed her in AC+.

>10
Bumping with Faust's beautiful legs!

ya'll motherfuckers need to keep the thread alive you know

Is /ggg/ pro-skub or anti-skub?

Gonna bump the thread with some of Daisuke's art.

Wait what? This game has matchup-specific stuff for all the characters? Where is this?

Mission mode

Mission mode. It's under the Dojo option below Combo and above Training mode.

It's really good. Use it.

I really like the visuals of Xrd. I watched the GDC talk about the shaders and all the work that went into deliberately fucking with the renderer, like altering normals to avoid tiny shadows and shit to better mimic a 2D style. Is it worth it to pick it up for a total fighting game scrub?

t. /agdg/

it's not exactly an easy game to pick up, but it's pretty fun

Yeah, the game is certainly hard but it has good tutorials for beginners. It doesn't have a big playerbase but if you live in NA or Europe you shouldn't have problems finding matches, use player lobbies though, not ranked, ranked is dead. As for the version, well I'd recommed the PC version since the native frame delay is lower.

Oh, and if you plan on buying it, buy the Revelator + Rev 2 package that doesn't have the optional DLC(it's just a bunch of cosmetic stuff). With that package you get the main game, the Rev 2 expansion and all the characters. On steam it's on sale right now I think but this is the last day.

Any PS4 lobbies going?

>Is it worth it to pick it up for a total fighting game scrub?
Any fighting game can be worth it depending on how much you're willing to commit.

In GGs case it depends on how you learn. Guilty Gear takes a much more freestyle approach to combos and setplay. It's not like it has one frame links or anything rigid like that, but at the same time adaptability and fast reactions becomes much more important.

If you'd rather put time in to learn your combos and be rewarded with your knowledge and practice always applying the way you want when used correctly, then Blazblue is an amazing game for that.

But if you would rather not have to learn rigid combo progression and not have a list of matchups that are usually set in stone at the cost/benefit of having to adapt much quicker and think on your feet, then Guilty Gear is perfect.

Interestingly enough if you want freedom of movement, but aren't too keen on having to maneuver in the air, KoFXIV has a ton of grounded movement options with hops, short and long jumps, rolls, and so on.

Everything I mentioned is pretty fun, but fighting games are never easy. That's the main appeal, it's about getting better, not getting good.

cool, thanks. i'm guessing playing with keyboard isn't a big issue?

I prefer playing with a stick but I'm sure you'll be able to do just fine with a keyboard.

Host room and I'll join

you'll be fine. some people are purists when it comes to stick or pad or whatever, but I didn't have any trouble playing on a keyboard when I started out. some motions are harder than others, but practice beats any input device in the end

Not really, it's perfectly viable, the only problem is that you probably won't be able to use it on local tournaments, but if you're not interested in that then yeah there's no problem with it.

Shit, sorry forgot to check back. I'll make it in about 10-15mins. If anyone else wants to throw one up though, feel free.

>beign a waifufag

PS4 lobby up, preferably EC NA
ID:q2h1 pass:asgw

Halloween May

4 out 30+ 5Ds blocked lol

Would you fuck this Elphelt?
twitter.com/sandaime/status/925292104091287552

I would grab the tits for two seconds and then run away

only if the costume stays on

Jesus Christ how horrifying

DANGER TIME

2p

We did it reddit xD

MORTAL COUNTER

Mash the fuck out of fd

>mash
You can just hold it until your meter run out.

>slow-down fuck ups your combo

I'm amazed at how often this happens to me. Suddenly having all the time in the world makes me fuck up

>Opponent's YRC eat your inputs
>You get counter hit and die

Ya i know you can do that normally i guess i was always just afriad the countdown would eat the one input and my fd wouldnt work

twitter.com/empe0317/status/925022582407020544

remove yrc

In the future when you make lobbies, just realize that you don't need a pass if you set the room to have an ID. It's redundant.

good games Wolfy

Good games and thanks for the matches I-No annon, I had no idea how to handle I-No even with bots, but sparring with you made me learn how to deal alil more. I just need to figure out what my options are for air combos.

I finally got around to finishing the character episodes, these two are great together.

kinda general question but how do I know when I should be mashing and when not to? it feels like everyone I fight knows exactly when to mash against me to stop tick throws and other shit and they always block when I'm trying to go for frame traps but on the opposite end it feels like whenever I try to mash out of shit I just eat combo after combo and lose

Sounds like people you're fighting are reading your habits and responding to what you usually do in certain situation. In order to stop this you'll have to stop being predictable and use the other options your character can do to get through the opponent defense. Vice versa for your defense in order to stop pressure. Its something that'll come with experience and knowing matchups.

How do I get good at Ramlethal

Like what should I be practicing first? The microdashing? Corner oki?

It's Slayer's birthday today. Say something nice to him, /ggg/.

sniffing
or just join the character specific discord dummy

FUCK

pk kick loop to the corner. also that she doesn't get meter without using her swords.

depends on your character and who you're playing. if you're getting mashed out then it's not a true blockstring or a frametrap. frame advantage is what you're asking about. if you do a move that on block is negative then it means that it takes that many frames until you can do something again. if there are large gaps in your startups/attacks then the pressure you're doing isn't real and the opponent can punish you for that.

accidentally continued:
so you need more variety in what you're doing. this might mean special canceling earlier, delaying attacks more, going for a different chain in pressure, or jump canceling into iad or air attack to catch them by surprise. you can also do a quick throw if you have enough advantage. also learn when you can do overheads or dust in the pressure.

He's very dandy and has a nice wife.

I want to hug that Dizzy

I want to fug that Dizzy

Did they buy those or make them themselves? I kinda want one

>tfw too smart and nihilistic to not play raven

>tfw too dumb and lazy to not play Sol

>tfw to cool too not play Johnny

>tfw too autistic to not play Bedman

tfw tiny brain
tfw fingers too slow for unga chars

This is actually horrifying. It reminds me of the boss fights against anime girls in killer7.

Where's the pot cosplay

>tfw too much of a bitch to not be a KY KEESKAY PLAYA