>steam store page
store.steampowered.com/app/219990

>build planner
grimtools.com/calc

>wikis
grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>here's the updated resist reduction doc, put it in the OP next time pls
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vw7I9fTSqtx9s3a4WVvkgiOGZ7leM81n1H1RrwrOzLc/edit#gid=0

>mods
www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/
www.moddb.com/games/grim-dawn

>can't launch/black screen
Be sure to install everything (manually) from _CommonRedist folder in game steamapps folder.
If still no go, then in steam library right click game name > additional launch options add /d3d9 (force use of DirectX 9)

>instagibbed by Aleksander

Other urls found in this thread:

grimtools.com/calc/YVWPA9rZ
grimtools.com/calc/m23X7nEV
grimtools.com/db/items/1884
grimtools.com/calc/m23X7Q4V
grimtools.com/calc/r2Bya0JN
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57024
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>all my skeletons bleeding to death
>mfw

>Walking through Malmouth
>Veteran Titan walks onto MY screen
>Thermite Mines
>Sigil of Consumption
>Blackwater Cocktail

>Screen becomes violent purple-red inferno
>Fatass can't even charge to me for his ebin stun before he falls over from the portal to omega-hell I opened up with my clusterfuck ritual

Any spell with % weapon damage will proc the effect.

That's nice, sucks though that it has such a godaweful range, viper would be a nice addition to my fireworks sorceress

Can I see your build, pyromancerbro? I've been trying to get a caster pyromancer rolling, but I never played a caster before, so every time I play him I get constant urges to slip into a firestrike-centered build.

What would work better for a Death Knight?
Sword n' board for max tankiness or 2-h for max lifesteal. I'm looking to be tanky as fuck for HC, but I also don't want fuck all damage.

grimtools.com/calc/YVWPA9rZ

I just set up the skills. Theres still some left over to dump into something like Blood of Dreeg or Vindictive Flame or Searing light depending on what you want. You're going to end up being squishy as fuck, I had to scrounge the devo tree for life to break 11k. Luckily devotions are flexible as long as you get Solael's Witchblade. That is the only 100% required one. Dying God or Ulzuin's Flame are both also viable constellations. I was considering dropping Ulzuin on my current build and going dying god + hourglass to reset BWC but I don't think I have anything left to proc it with.

Also high potency and non-high potency BWC are both fine. Depends on your playstyle. I prefer tossing out my nuclear handheld chaos napalm bomb and running in the other direction instead of throwing dozens on the same target and melting them.

This build isn't really HC viable. I'm playing it on HC and haven't died yet (level 95 in Ultimate) but some encounters really clench my anus. If it wasn't for the fact that they're dying unreasonably fast and blast shield protection i'd probably have bitten the dust already.

Not that other user but here's the one I'm currently playing.

grimtools.com/calc/m23X7nEV

It shits damage but it's also very squishy. Energy is also an issue during long fights.

Thanks dude. Any particular devotions I should be focused on? Flame torrent one was great on a melee pyro, but it doesn't look great for a caster one.

Flame torrent is great early but later on due to how squishy you are staying in melee range stops being something you want to do. I still have it allocated because its preferable damage bonuses though.

Sorry, didn't read the rest of your post, I understand the devotions part.
Yeah, I'm also playing mine on hardcore, so let's see how far it survives.

Is there a mod or program that can pull your full pet stats from the game?

>find the perfect weapon on grimtools
>Required Player Level: 94

What the fuck is the point of that?

Welcome to ARPGs.

Oh no the best weapons drop late in the game how could they I have never seen that before. How should I now make a hundred characters I stop playing at level 35.

It's pretty build defining though man.

That's what respecs are for.
What weapon is it anyway?

Howl of the Wendigo

I'm making a death knight build and I was thinking of converting phys to vitality so when I saw this and saw that it was a faction reward I almost came.

>converting phys to vitality
A lot of weapons already do that user.

Basically, some builds require you to level as something else, then switch once you get the right items. Its not uncommon, especially for more niche builds. Builds that require changing one damage type to another are ESPECIALLY affected by this.

It's not even that good for DK though. For Warder, maybe.

Didn't get around to looking for those yet.
Was checking to see if there were any interesting MIs for any of the skills I could use and saw that beauty.

Say I have Master of Death and it converts 25% of pet physical to vitality. Would a ring that converts 100% of physical pet to chaos be able to convert the 75% remaining damage?

I don't remember the dev post, but I believe skills always take priority over items.
This should mean that your assumption is correct.

Good very good

Fashion?

Hello fellow half trolls. I lost my copy of our military plans and secrets given to us by our Aetherial overlords, so can you give me a quick reminder?

It's snowing at Fort Ikon. I don't think I've noticed that before.

>doing crucible
>wave 150
>Fabius shows up and 2 shots me
What an annoying fucking cunt. It's literally rng at this point whether I can get the loot or not.

Whats your build? Iv been looking for a good shield build for commando

Fabius can also be a problem in story mode depending on the weapons he spawned with.

Webm related, that's what happens when he spawns with this grimtools.com/db/items/1884

There's also that one run when he pushed my caster's shit with two Relentless weapons. Fun times.

see you think 9k to 0 is bad

but you haven't seen my fucking cadencebitch get bootyblasted from 12k to nothing through something like 85% resistance from a single meteor that conveniently popped up when I was frozen for all of .25 seconds

sometimes this game cheats you

grimtools.com/calc/m23X7Q4V
Pre-Malmouth, designed to be as easy to play with a controller as possible. Was a pretty fun experiment. Might be a little bland for normal use though.

Gear options include:
>Emp. Oldenar's Stabilizer
>The Untouchable/Emp. Defender of Devil's Crossing
>Wyrmscale Footguards
Not sure about pants, I usually just take whatever if I'm unsure or don't have anything good lying around.

I'm not sure I'd change much, devotion wise, for Malmouth. Sailor's Guide -> Eel into Phoenix is very much an option, but the build currently has no way to reliably trigger it. BWC w/ High Potency might be a decent option.

Actually never mind, it turns out Phoenix needs exactly 5, so it fits perfectly. So BWC might indeed be a good addition, if just to proc phoenix.

Jewelry slots should also absolutely have Runebound Topaz in them for the obscene DA boost, in Malmouth.

Thanks! Been wanting to do a firestrike based shield character so ill check this out

>tfw you spend 300k+ iron to craft a helmet just to get the illusion
w-worth it

Over levelled in Elite. Pets are killing everything too quickly.

Is Wolcen any good and will it ever be completed?

But what happens when you have a skill attached to a mouse button, more specifically, the left one?

I', currently playing a cabalist with a 2h weapon, which feels silly, but I'd sacrifice ~500dps when switching to 1h weapon and off-hand item.

I don't know. I have Bone Harvest on my left button and it works well because of the mechanics as they are now.

Going off basic logic it would behave the same but you would get the same smart-cast functionality if you shift+m1 instead.

have you been lurking long? DPS means fuck all on this game unless you're playing a pure, 100% pure physical blademaster that relies 100% on weapon damage.

Upgrading from Fervor to Eye of the Storm was a fucking massive upgrade. Single biggest upgrade for me so far.
But holy shit does crafting items SUCK. Eye of the Storm needs relics that must be crafted and each of them needs other relics that must be crafted and components that also need to be crafted. I almost spent more time in the crafting interface than farming the blueprint I was missing for one of the required low level relics.

Yeah, you need a shit ton of radiant gems to craft Eye of the storm, it's awful.
I made stacks of those for next time.

ok so I should propably focus more on gear that boosts my skills

Everybody's talking about BWC and thermite mines, what about mortar, grenado and canister bomb? Anybody use those?

Mortar is impractical, but not necessarily bad. Just difficult to play around, and far from comfy. Pretty cool in Crucible though.

Grenado and Canister Bomb are their own unique build and want to be optimized together, but are, as far as I know, far from "endgame viable", as in, don't expect to have good clear speed with just those.

BWC is an excellent skill (even just for leveling with transmuter) and Thermite Mines have pretty big resist reduction, which is always useful.

I like mortar trap but it gets shit on. It should be included in the level 50 cooldown skill with Greenado, stun jacks and cannister bomb

As a physical dual pistol tactician, should I choose kymon's chosen or death's vigil?

>play hc
>get bumrushed by five heroes
>nowhere to run
>all healing stuff on cd
>have to watch as my health bar slowly dips down to dot
>some mook dies to dot first
>BONG
>LEVEL UP
Too close.

Kymon so you wont have to fight The Iron Maiden

Your health gets replenished on level up? I should start a HC character if it makes me notice shit like that.

I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS MUCH FUN IN GRIM DAWN
I MEAN IT

I enjoyed your webm

What's the deal with the Fiendflesh Mantle and Greaves? 5000 damage absorb on each seems too good to be true.

Wait until you see their mythical version.

>Cronley didn't instagib
Welp. Then again, I barely have skill boosts to the runes yet.

>inb4 what is your cursor
YoloMouse. Ignore the autistic name, it's a pretty neat tool.

Cold/Fire dual scepter wielding trapmaster?
That sounds like my next build.

if I put points into spirit will it make devouring swarm do more damage

Dual wield Chillflame Evoker, which has 50% fire -> cold. So it's just cold.
The Mythical version of that fucker has +30% crit damage on frosty rune. I'll try shooting for 3300+ OA to obliterate bosses with.

grimtools.com/calc/r2Bya0JN
Little late on the Grimtools, but I just upgraded some items. Currently not the most coherent item setup, but I haven't bothered really optimizing because it's honestly been a cakewalk thus far.

Devotion plan is maxing Lantern, then Wolverine, and take Crossroads for Leviathan onto Hagarrad.

>Dual wield Chillflame Evoker
Figured, I was just playing with that in grimtools.
Sounds like a fun build.

Elite Malmouth is going to be the real test. I'm somewhat skeptical as to how it's going to hold up in Ultimate, mostly because I'll want to tank for a moment so frost runes can properly shotgun the big guys. Then again, Nightblade gets an invuln...
Huh.

See, it's funny, that. I've been able to kite so much, I haven't even needed a point in it.

Lads how do I get the quest to murder the aetherial who possessed the player character?

Korinia revealed herself to be an aetherial but I don't know where to go from here

Coven, toward the southeast of the camp. Crazy old lady. You might need high reputation.

I've been working on the rep, thanks user

Figured it would be a quest for the Resistance or something

those queen things that can heal are pissing me. the. fuck... OFF!!!

>class I want to play the most is dlc
fuck

Just buy it man

im overwhelmed by all the skills and classes and gear I dont know what to pick it's driving me mad!!!

Keep playing!

Reminds me of Overlord. Quite nice.

it's fucking worth it.

Is the Mask of the Harbinger the closest thing to the helmet of the faggot in the crucible?

No, you can get that faggot's helmet directly now

What the fuck. How? Shit.

>the amount of damage this shit puts out
Man I hope this gets even better in Ultimate, because that'd be fucking hilarious.

Maybe the combination of intense sleep deprivation and hardbass music is making this more enjoyable than it should be, though.

daila has a new secret quest in AoM. Good luck trying to solve it on your own though

Nice pants

Not as nice as my Wraithborne Legwraps unfortunately. I think I've got a couple much better ones of those stashed away anyway.

Oh that bullshit. I think I'm missing the amulet but the thread on the forum about it is of next to no help and even then, about everyone there hasn't even done it and are just speculating.

What's the item(s) called? I'd like to see it on the item database if its even worth getting.

>Daila says people suffer illness and urges of self-mutilation in the void
>Ulgrim is immortal
>still affected by the void
>player isn't affected by the void
>the aetherial that possessed the player found their brain highly uncomfortable
I wouldn't be surprised if player was an agent of Ch'thon

They're not in any database right now. All the items are level 1 with 10 armor.
The following stats are randomized:

>Helmet
+5% health
+6% OA
+3 Energy per second
20% poison resist
17% elemental resist
30% stun resist

>Chest
6% Health
6% DA
+3 Energy per second
20% Vitality resist
22% Chaos resist
30% Freeze resist

>Shoulders
5% Health
6% OA
23% Aether resist
30% Bleed resist
27% Petrify resist

>Boots
6% Health
9% Move speed
22% Elemental resist
30% Entrapment resist
28% Slow resist

>2/4 set
10% Health
>3/4 set
+30% Health & Energy regen
>4/4 set
+40% EXP
+1 to all skills

i solved it with the help of that thread. i mean they literally spell it out for you. maybe you should trying reading the entire thread instead of just page 1 and 2

Daila says she suffers illness and urges of self-mutilation in the void, then says in the sentence right after it that everyone handles exposure to the void differently

Reread the thread and you'll see how every page is littered with garbage. Especially Ceno and Chthon, retards always plague that forum with their uselessness.

>forums
>where username/persona circlejerking is literally the only thing anyone is ever interested in
>nobody will ever care about the actual substance of what you're saying
>LE FIRST
>posts that are nothing but image macros straight out of 2010
And this is why I'm fucking staying here.

nah, i am looking at it right now and all the clues to solve it are there. literally only needed the first 6 pages to solve it.

but yeah they do go off topic on something unrelated there for a few pages

Funny there are multiple good Aetherials but no good Chthonians when Ch'thon literally did nothing wrong

balance patch when
what do you hope it changes

"""Good""" Aetherial. Also you don't get to really interact with anything/one Chthonian.

Overhaul how pet information is displayed. Vast majority of the information just is not available. It's embarrassing.

What is confirmed or rumoured for next patch?

Nerf to new components especially seal of blades
Change to spell animations
Nerf to two handed mythical weapons
Items destroyed at the inventor will have a chance of rewarding you with new rare materials such as missives

What stash software do you guys use?

link to thread please

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57024

Chthonians are either mindless raging demons or crazy cultists who are summoning said demons.